Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Thread: New Garden or Terra Linda

Thanks
    Thanked 1,968 Times in 320 Posts

Re: New Garden or Terra Linda

keep your fingers cross for that rate since they can change thair mind as it happend in the past

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bklyndrguy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 13,676 Times in 4,820 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Apostropheman View Post
    They're trying to find out just how much the market will bear...but it's painful to watch and even worse trying to book a room without feeling violated! "Amateur hour", really. Anyone with any hotel management/front desk experience would have not made the series of mistakes that we have witnessed. Considering that they owned and ran a chain of supermarkets I'm very surprised with all the waffling on price and the disorganized front that they present. Completely unnecessary IMO. They know better!
    I know that I would print out an email confirmation and if they refused to honor it then they would be a dog. I doubt that would happen to me but I do know they charge walk in's more if they can.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,936 Times in 6,484 Posts

Honestly, there will be a certain clientele that will stay at Terra Linda for a 4 or 5 day stay because lets be honest it is cheaper than hotels in the US. It does have good things going for it, location, a great pool, and a good restaurant. If you are going to Sosua once or twice a year, for 5 days its only 400 dollars. If you compare that to an American hotel its not a bad deal. Now I know we would like to keep the prices of Sosua reasonable so that we may enjoy this thing of ours but the US is a capitalist country and some people have more money than others and are willing to spend it at the expense of others.

At 60 dollars a night its not that bad of a price. But the F'd up part was the last time I was there I was not given that rate even for a queen bed, and they were not even 1/3 full. Maybe I was quoted a price as a repeat customer.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to hugrad95a For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hugrad95a View Post
    Honestly, there will be a certain clientele that will stay at Terra Linda for a 4 or 5 day stay because lets be honest it is cheaper than hotels in the US. It does have good things going for it, location, a great pool, and a good restaurant. If you are going to Sosua once or twice a year, for 5 days its only 400 dollars. If you compare that to an American hotel its not a bad deal. Now I know we would like to keep the prices of Sosua reasonable so that we may enjoy this thing of ours but the US is a capitalist country and some people have more money than others and are willing to spend it at the expense of others.

At 60 dollars a night its not that bad of a price. But the F'd up part was the last time I was there I was not given that rate even for a queen bed, and they were not even 1/3 full. Maybe I was quoted a price as a repeat customer.
    Wear a Bill Clinton disguise and they will probably let you stay free.

Only kidding, print your email and I think you will be fine. John is well John but he doesn't strike me as stupid. He just isn't running it the way we would like or should in my opinion.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to mikelodge For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 51,713 Times in 9,684 Posts

I never thought I would see this kind of comment from You Hungrad95a.
    But I think everyones bigger point is they may DENY ever giving you this price when you get there, and try to hit you for more$ for 2 person occupancy .
    Make sure you have your camera out , and if they fuck with you, tell them you are posting your story with pics on a forum board where thousands of people will read it, not that they would care, but maybe you will feel better .

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JD426 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jd426 View Post
    I never thought I would see this kind of comment from You Hungrad95a.
    But I think everyones bigger point is they may DENY ever giving you this price when you get there, and try to hit you for more$ for 2 person occupancy .
    Make sure you have your camera out , and if they fuck with you, tell them you are posting your story with pics on a forum board where thousands of people will read it, not that they would care, but maybe you will feel better .

Oh I don't agree with what they are doing I'm just giving you the mindset of some of the guys I have met there. Most of the dudes I met were from NYC and they love Terra Linda. So coming from NYC that is not bad. NOT for Sosua but when you come from an area when a shit hole motel is 70 dollars a night, Terra Linda doesnt look that bad at those rates.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hugrad95a For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

They have never denied me a rate once it was quoted in the email. The problem that I have is that it fluctuates whenever they want without rhyme or reason. If I book at that 59 dollar I better get it. I would bring my email to confirm. The problem I have seen is that one month its one rate the next's its something else. They need more consistency.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to hugrad95a For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 51,713 Times in 9,684 Posts

Oh I don't agree with what they are doing I'm just giving you the mindset of some of the guys I have met there. Most of the dudes I met were from NYC and they love Terra Linda. So coming from NYC that is not bad. NOT for Sosua but when you come from an area when a shit hole motel is 70 dollars a night, Terra Linda doesnt look that bad at those rates.
    You guys are not saying this out loud, at the TL, at breakfast are you ?
    Cause maybe management was listening, and they decided that was the market slice they wanted.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to JD426 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

They have never denied me a rate once it was quoted in the email. The problem that I have is that it fluctuates whenever they want without rhyme or reason. If I book at that 59 dollar I better get it. I would bring my email to confirm. The problem I have seen is that one month its one rate the next's its something else. They need more consistency.
    But if they called it a sale like DonQ you would be happy. Just get the email with rate and say yah or nay like you did and that's it. If you buy gold the rate changes constantly just like oil but you still buy gas. You have it figured out and are done enjoy
    Last edited by mikelodge; 08-26-2010 at 11:17 AM. Reason: sp

17. The Following User Says Thank You to mikelodge For This Useful Post:

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Thread Information