Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast

Thread: The Road to becoming mister Western Union (WU)

Thanks
    Thanked 44,288 Times in 7,548 Posts

Re: The Road to becoming mister Western Union (WU)

Claro..... just as I figured..... only thing is I know beyond a doubt... is if i go further with pix, they will know about it within the hour. Sorry ... no can do!! Maybe up in HQ!
    The best thing about an ass, is when it is sitting on my face!!

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jimbo44 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 20,452 Times in 1,785 Posts

I very much doubt that either of the guys would dime you out but it's other guys that have some form of long distant WU/Boyfriend relationship that could be jepordized. You don't want to fuck that up for the chicas. They got a lot of mouths to feed.

Theresa' WW Boyfriend called me on the phone in the US one time. No shit. Cussed him the fuck out. I will tell you about it over a beer.

I LUV YOU MAN!!! MY MUTHAFUCKER IS BACK!!
    Last edited by Shogun Warrior; 10-13-2012 at 07:12 PM.

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Shogun Warrior For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I cant believe this has gotten to the point wher now i ran away withhout paying... holy shit,,,, the fucking haters down there love to stir up some shit. To set the record straight.... I and (forgot his name, but the cat who almost lost a toe... tall white dude back in my Superbowl trip) we r at Rubis and she hands us some menu and we both decide to order the fried fish , plantains salad and a cold brew. Needles to say she goes off to some other place to have them cook it down the beach??
    Finally after 30 min it arrives and it was actually pretty good. I recall the price for the meal was like 240 to 280 pesos and another I believe 60 pesos for the brew. I believe it was hugrad and a cpl of his buddies around this time come up from the beach chairs and ask how the meal was, and i recommended it to them. So they also all order it. Its getting late, so i ask for the check!! here it comes and its lkek 540 pesos.... WTF???? no way Jose, i did not just step foot in sosua Rubi!!! After about 5 min of haggling with her I throw down 300 pesos and some change. And proceed to walk away... end of story!!! Later on i run into Hugrad and his crew that night and ask what they paid. it was not the 500 + pesos she tried to get me to pay!! She was trying to tell me i got the large portion when on the menu there was no small or large portions. Fukh that!! But now its said i ran away without paying like a thief in the night....

6. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Jimbo44 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,205 Times in 1,563 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo44 View Post
    I cant believe this has gotten to the point wher now i ran away withhout paying... holy shit,,,, the fucking haters down there love to stir up some shit. To set the record straight.... I and (forgot his name, but the cat who almost lost a toe... tall white dude back in my Superbowl trip) we r at Rubis and she hands us some menu and we both decide to order the fried fish , plantains salad and a cold brew. Needles to say she goes off to some other place to have them cook it down the beach??
    Finally after 30 min it arrives and it was actually pretty good. I recall the price for the meal was like 240 to 280 pesos and another I believe 60 pesos for the brew. I believe it was hugrad and a cpl of his buddies around this time come up from the beach chairs and ask how the meal was, and i recommended it to them. So they also all order it. Its getting late, so i ask for the check!! here it comes and its lkek 540 pesos.... WTF???? no way Jose, i did not just step foot in sosua Rubi!!! After about 5 min of haggling with her I throw down 300 pesos and some change. And proceed to walk away... end of story!!! Later on i run into Hugrad and his crew that night and ask what they paid. it was not the 500 + pesos she tried to get me to pay!! She was trying to tell me i got the large portion when on the menu there was no small or large portions. Fukh that!! But now its said i ran away without paying like a thief in the night....
    pay as you go at Rubis......or any place that you are not sure of ...
    Just another monger!!
    BBCode

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Citynights For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 34,226 Times in 2,769 Posts

I am cool with Rubi, her staff and others who hang around the beach bar daily. She has a friendly staff and good service.

With that said, I have had multiple issues with the bill. I use to sit there for a long period of time and run up a tab, but every time I questioned the amount of the bill at the end. So I started paying close attention. From there, I caught an extra beer on my bill. Somebody else had ordered a round, but the "free beer" ended up on my bill. The beer was also on the bill of the guy who ordered the round. Next time, the food cost 100 pesos more than the menu price. I still eat at Rubi's, because I have had bill issues with almost every place on the beach. Now I pay as I go and never run a tab there. In general, I don't haggle over less than $5. But I will never fault somebody for holding their ground over principle.

There are only two places on the beach which I have never run into a problem with the check. One is Aloha Sol,Herman's place. (But there are other issues with hanging around Herman and some of his customers. I will leave that off the board.) The other is Big D's.

One thing to add. I am not accusing Rubi of purposely trying to cheat anybody. Some of the issues are because she is selling food from another restaurant. You order, the restaurant sends over the bill. The price on the menu may not be up to date. The restaurant did not take your order. You had an expectation of price from the menu. Who is responsible??? I would say the waitress at Rubi. That issue had to come up more than once.

The extra drink on my bill, partly comes down to incompetence of certain employees at Rubi's. They don't do a good job of keeping up with the number of drinks being ordered on a tab. Then when they guess, they guess high. Bottom line, don't run a tab there.

10. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to dquick For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I started reading some of this thread from the beginning. I am having trouble sleeping, so nothing better to do. I figured I can add my 2 cents.

First off, I keep in touch with chicas all the time. Do they ask for money??? Yes....But most stop after you say NO a reasonable number of times. I don't understand why some think it is such a mistake to give chicas contact info, such as facebook, email, etc. I also have a skype number that I allow chicas to call. I DON'T give out my main numbers. Emails can be deleted. If a chica is blowing up your email, add her to your spam list. If she is on facebook, DELETE HER. What is so hard about that???

I agree that you are better off keeping contact with these chicas casual. It is very easy to get drawn into a chicas problems who has alot less than you do. Especially if she is not a working girl. In my first 6 months of visiting DR, I got involved with a normal girl from Santiago. She also had kids. Early on, she lost her job. So who did she ask for help??? Yes. The rich gringo. Now I made the mistake of getting to know her kids, mother, aunt, etc. So when times got tuff, I had a hard time saying No to the kids. But from there, she ask me for money to fix everything in her house. (Granted, I was staying there at times and eating there all the time.) I did wise up after a few months an let this one go. I only actually sent WU once, but there is no excuse for that. I was visiting every month at the time. I don't really regret the experience over all. This was a mistake, but I did learn about real Dominican Republic around this chica and her family.

Thanks

Still can't sleep and I have more to say.

What I can't quite understand are the guys who make these chicas there girlfriend or even worse MARRY these chicas. Once I was sitting beside a guy on the way home and found out that the guy had married a girl from SOSUA. I did not even bother to ask, was she a Puta when he met her. He admitted to sending money to her every month.....but this was his WIFE now. He was going to the process of bringing her to the US, but he had stopped because they were having problems. He said that they have been married less than a year, and already she is acting differently. What was this guy thinking?? I could tell by looking at him, that this chica was probably the best looking girl he ever had. BUT did he actually think that he could take a Puta, marry her, and she would turn into the perfect house wife???

I met another guy who had a fiance in the DR on my last flight home. She lived in Bonao, and he met her online. (Could be a X Sosua girl. Never know....) He spoke little Spanish and she spoke little English. He told me that they still use Google translate alot. His plan was to move her to New York, once they got married. Sooooo. This guy can barely talke to a chica and he is going to marry her? I guess communication is not important in a marriage?

I wish more of these guys would post their story on ISOC. I would like to understand what is going through these guys mind.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 49,149 Times in 7,404 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dquick View Post
    I wish more of these guys would post their story on ISOC. I would like to understand what is going through these guys mind.
    seen this going on for years in the DR and Jamaica........especially in Jamaica........
    the biggest problem is that guys don't know they are being used.......they don't know yet that it is a scam
    the guys and Rent a Dreads all do the same routine as the gurls to get monies and gifts etc from Gringas........
    the gurl will tell the guys they love them and can't wait to see you etc etc.........
    then the gurls drop a hint or two they are broke.......so the guy sends Western Union or flies down to see them.....
    though a lot of Chicas just come out and just ask for $100US or $200US or $300US.......
    it is amazing how many Chicas on the dating sites like Tagged or CaribbeanCupid ask within minutes of chatting with you......
    if they come out and ask for money or a cellie etc you gotta run for the hills.........only leads to being broke......
    and if they don't ask for anything.......you still need to be suspicious of their long game..........
    like hitting the gringo lottery or getting married to some guy from North America......that is security for them......and $$$
    if the Chica is a hooker you gotta move on.........there is no sure way converting dem to housewifes

if the Chica has a steady job or been working in the same non puta field for awhile......
    then there is a chance she may not fleece you.....but still no guarantee........
    known guys to marry gurls from foreign countries and they are still married today........
    but I also know guys that married gurls from foreign countries and said it was the biggest mistake they ever made........

all mi can say is.......if you marry a Chica keep them in the country where they are from...........
    bringing them foreign and getting them North Americanized is about the worst thing you can do.......
    cause their attitude and perception of everything changes drastically as compared to back home and it's usually not for the better.....

Thanks
    Thanked 6,553 Times in 1,889 Posts

Still can't sleep and I have more to say.

What I can't quite understand are the guys who make these chicas there girlfriend or even worse MARRY these chicas. Once I was sitting beside a guy on the way home and found out that the guy had married a girl from SOSUA. I did not even bother to ask, was she a Puta when he met her. He admitted to sending money to her every month.....but this was his WIFE now. He was going to the process of bringing her to the US, but he had stopped because they were having problems. He said that they have been married less than a year, and already she is acting differently. What was this guy thinking?? I could tell by looking at him, that this chica was probably the best looking girl he ever had. BUT did he actually think that he could take a Puta, marry her, and she would turn into the perfect house wife???

I met another guy who had a fiance in the DR on my last flight home. She lived in Bonao, and he met her online. (Could be a X Sosua girl. Never know....) He spoke little Spanish and she spoke little English. He told me that they still use Google translate alot. His plan was to move her to New York, once they got married. Sooooo. This guy can barely talke to a chica and he is going to marry her? I guess communication is not important in a marriage?

It's not that hard to understand once you get pass all the bullshit "first world" stigma. It's security. A hooker or long game chick gets what she wants and the John gets what he wants. We ARE ALL johns, marks, tricks, or whatever you want to call it. Not only in DR, Thailand, or Medellin. But in the US, England, or anywhere else where men and women have mutually beneficial relationships. No one goes into a relationship where they get nothing. Either it's cash, sex, children, companionship, someone to fix the gutters, or someone to protect them.

Now specifically to the guys that marry putas, the chick makes them happy, they have money, win-win. It doesn't workout then there is another eager 20 year old waiting. These guys buy the fantasy. They are like Cypher from the Matrix. He knows the steak isn't real but doesn't give a fuck.

I'm not sure what there is to understand my friend. These men buy into the long term fantasy and you buy into the short. They choose to invest in that spark that gives them life and vitality. Some men need that, others don't. When you have guys that a woman would never look at sleeping with the women of their dreams attachment and disconnection is the natural progression.
    "The Royal Penis is Clean Your Majesty"

"No cushion for the pushin, no peso for the queso"

Thanks
    Thanked 52,955 Times in 9,807 Posts

I started reading some of this thread from the beginning. I am having trouble sleeping, so nothing better to do. I figured I can add my 2 cents.

First off, I keep in touch with chicas all the time. Do they ask for money??? Yes....But most stop after you say NO a reasonable number of times. I don't understand why some think it is such a mistake to give chicas contact info, such as facebook, email, etc. I also have a skype number that I allow chicas to call. I DON'T give out my main numbers. Emails can be deleted. If a chica is blowing up your email, add her to your spam list. If she is on facebook, DELETE HER. What is so hard about that???

I agree that you are better off keeping contact with these chicas casual. It is very easy to get drawn into a chicas problems who has alot less than you do. Especially if she is not a working girl. In my first 6 months of visiting DR, I got involved with a normal girl from Santiago. She also had kids. Early on, she lost her job. So who did she ask for help??? Yes. The rich gringo. Now I made the mistake of getting to know her kids, mother, aunt, etc. So when times got tuff, I had a hard time saying No to the kids. But from there, she ask me for money to fix everything in her house. (Granted, I was staying there at times and eating there all the time.) I did wise up after a few months an let this one go. I only actually sent WU once, but there is no excuse for that. I was visiting every month at the time. I don't really regret the experience over all. This was a mistake, but I did learn about real Dominican Republic around this chica and her family.
    Before you know it, years will fly by and that 24 year old with the flat tummy will be 32 and getter fatter and your top 10 from 2009 or 2010 will be a faint memory.

16. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Seņor JDR of Medellin For This Useful Post:

Thanks

So how come when I have something to say about this topic, I get jumped on from all angles.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jimbo44 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 52,955 Times in 9,807 Posts

So how come when I have something to say about this topic, I get jumped on from all angles.
    I get jumped on as well.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Seņor JDR of Medellin For This Useful Post:

Thanks

OK... I wont feel so bad now!!

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jimbo44 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 117,702 Times in 19,855 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Seņor JDR of Medellin View Post
    Before you know it, years will fly by and that 24 year old with the flat tummy will be 32 and getter fatter and your top 10 from 2009 or 2010 will be a faint memory.
    This should be in all caps. Right when guys decide to go over the precipice for a Chica they should close their eyes and imagine them 10 years later when all that stuff starts pointing in the wrong directions and little sacks of cellulite and fat start popping up all over her body. Of course the only way she can combat the effects of aging is to overapply cosmetics, buy complimentary (= expensive) clothing and spend waay too much time and money on her hair, nails and accessories to compensate. Then open their eyes, fuck her, pay her and get the fuck outta there, ASAP!
    Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.
    - Benjamin Franklin

24. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to greydread For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 83,174 Times in 8,333 Posts

This is revisionist history. I'm not getting into it again. I will say that you did not run away without paying. You threw 400 pesos on the table and then ran away. If you don't like Ruby's, don't go there. Please, please don't ever go there again (like she would allow you to be there). That would make me and most of the people I know extremely happy. Win - Win.
    Enjoy it while you can.

26. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Seville For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 93,518 Times in 10,206 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Robert13212 View Post
    This is revisionist history. I'm not getting into it again. I will say that you did not run away without paying. You threw 400 pesos on the table and then ran away. If you don't like Ruby's, don't go there. Please, please don't ever go there again (like she would allow you to be there). That would make me and most of the people I know extremely happy. Win - Win.

Seems like a simple solution,,,,,

Just make sure none of you " CATS" wife up for a day or two,,have fun on your trip or overpay for your pescado at Ruby;s,,,,,,,,or we will never hear the fuckin end of it ,,,,,, zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I think I would rather listen to Mikelodge push Dipieros or watch Trey take a shit in the ocean then listen to those boring speeches again !!!
    " Expect The Best, Be Prepared For The Worst, Fuck What Others Think, And Do Your Own Thing,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to XXX For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by xmendave View Post
    Seems like a simple solution,,,,,

Just make sure none of you " CATS" wife up for a day or two,,have fun on your trip or overpay for your pescado at Ruby;s,,,,,,,,or we will never hear the fuckin end of it ,,,,,, zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I think I would rather listen to Mikelodge push Dipieros or watch Trey take a shit in the ocean then listen to those boring speeches again !!!
    Nothing wrong with wifing up a DAY OR TWO..... but i jsut cant understand how some CATS do it the entire trip???
    And to be perfectly honest about it.... I really could give a flying fuck anymore anyway. You guys really take this shit too seriously!! And why is that??

30. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Jimbo44 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Robert13212 View Post
    I did not ask u to get into it again!! This u took upon yourself!! My only point was to tell it like it happened!! And that I did!

32. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jimbo44 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 40,590 Times in 5,066 Posts

Nothing wrong with wifing up a DAY OR TWO..... but i jsut cant understand how some CATS do it the entire trip???
    And to be perfectly honest about it.... I really could give a flying fuck anymore anyway. You guys really take this shit too seriously!! And why is that??
    maybe because they've got a proven performer on their hands, and someone they actually get along with/like hanging out with?

some dudes like fat girls, some like skinny girls, some like girls who pee on them.

you like chicas in heels smoking cigarettes. maybe somebody else thinks that's fucking weird but to you it's hot, so what fucking difference does it make what someone else thinks?

none. it ain't their nut.

everybody's got their own thing, there's no 'right' or 'wrong' to preferences.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 93,518 Times in 10,206 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by deezl View Post
    maybe because they've got a proven performer on their hands, and someone they actually get along with/like hanging out with?

some dudes like fat girls, some like skinny girls, some like girls who pee on them.

you like chicas in heels smoking cigarettes. maybe somebody else thinks that's fucking weird but to you it's hot, so what fucking difference does it make what someone else thinks?

none. it ain't their nut.

everybody's got their own thing, there's no 'right' or 'wrong' to preferences.

AHHHHHHH,,,,,,Dezzl Gets it !!!!!

35. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to XXX For This Useful Post:

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast

Thread Information