Thread: Boat House in Boca

Thanks

Boat House in Boca

Staying at the Hamaca at the end of July and wanting to find out about the place (i think its boat house) that is very close on the public beach. I read some old posts and wanted to know how it is.

Can you relax and enjoy a drink without the hustlers? Are there opportunities to interact with chicas? I'm not looking to stray to far away from the resort but need to get some space. Also can anyone advise on the place that is right outside the report?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

2. # ADS
    Our Supporters Support our advertisers!

Thanks
    Thanked 3,064 Times in 774 Posts

Re: Boat House in Boca

I don't know about the Boat House but Playa Vista is good. There are Americans there who would be able to answer some of your questions
    SouthCoast

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 84,377 Times in 13,906 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tsncigardad View Post
    Staying at the Hamaca at the end of July and wanting to find out about the place (i think its boat house) that is very close on the public beach. I read some old posts and wanted to know how it is.

Can you relax and enjoy a drink without the hustlers? Are there opportunities to interact with chicas? I'm not looking to stray to far away from the resort but need to get some space. Also can anyone advise on the place that is right outside the report?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    The Boat House Bar is an ex pat bar that's right on the beach. It's one of the first bars on the beach when you're walking from the Hamaca Hotel. The bar was originally made from a boat; now it just kind of resembles one.

Most of the guys that hang out there are good people, and you can easily spend an afternoon there chewin' the fat. They also have pool tables, wifi, food. It used to be a little dumpy, but has grown to a nice size over the years.

Not too bad as far as hustlers are concerned. Since the bar is full of familiar faces, the hustlers and vendors know they're not buying anything, so they pretty much stay away.

The beach used to be pretty wide in front, but now is only a few feet, so that has diminished foot traffic somewhat(think chicas in bikinis), but there is still some talent walking by.

Listen to the advice from the regulars there, they won't steer you wrong.
    If you think it's love try not paying in the morning..

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many."

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MrHappy For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Thank you - Appreciate the information. By chance, does anyone know about cigar factory tours near Boca??

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 84,377 Times in 13,906 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tsncigardad View Post
    Thank you - Appreciate the information. By chance, does anyone know about cigar factory tours near Boca??
    Right across the street from Banco Popular, there is a small cigar shop that rolls their own cigars. There is usually a roller in there that can show you how it's done.

There's no cigar 'factory' per se in Boca Chica that I know of.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,266 Times in 287 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MrHappy View Post
    Right across the street from Banco Popular, there is a small cigar shop that rolls their own cigars. There is usually a roller in there that can show you how it's done.

There's no cigar 'factory' per se in Boca Chica that I know of.
    Also note that guy takes Sunday off.

Thread Information