Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: The Cheapest VS the Best Hotel in Sosua

Thanks
    Thanked 40,590 Times in 5,066 Posts

Re: The Cheapest VS the Best Hotel in Sosua

In terms of value for dollar and location I'd have to go with Rockie's Sosua Suites (condos across the street from Rockies). Location is pretty much perfect, condos are spacious and newly remodeled. Full kitchen. If you're staying a week+ the weekly rate is $305 ($43/nt) and includes an airport pickup (free both ways if you're staying 14+ days).

The place could use a few minor tweaks, but I think it's a winner.

2. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to deezl For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,001 Times in 568 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by deezl View Post
    In terms of value for dollar and location I'd have to go with Rockie's Sosua Suites (condos across the street from Rockies). Location is pretty much perfect, condos are spacious and newly remodeled. Full kitchen. If you're staying a week+ the weekly rate is $305 ($43/nt) and includes an airport pickup (free both ways if you're staying 14+ days).

Rick was kind enough to show me around one of the units recently and I liked what I saw. It is definitely an option in my opinion for a stay of at least a week for me along with Terra linda. Where as D'pieros is no longer an option for me.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to brovo35 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 13,676 Times in 4,820 Posts

I like Hotel Residence D'Piero for $35 a night for rooms and larger rooms for $40 and 1 bedroom apartments for $50 all these rates include AC and a Full Hot Breakfast made to order. The airport rides are Free Both Ways at D'Piero on stays 3 nights or more since most people don't stay 14 nights. Also if you do stay 10 or more the apartment cost drops to $45 with the AC and Full Breakfast still included. Naturally they offer a pool and jacuzzi at the hotel as well.

Many great options- D'Piero, Don Q's The Palms Condos, Rockies, Don Antonio, Coco Hotel, New Garden, Sea Breeze, hell even El Rancho and Europa have made a come back and on the higher end Terra Linda and maybe Sosua Bay Resort. many many more
    Just Doing It

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mikelodge For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,106 Times in 4,436 Posts

Rolleyes Re: The Cheapest VS the Best Hotel in Sosua

"And now for a word from our sponsor"...
    Quote Originally Posted by mikelodge View Post
    I like Hotel Residence D'Piero for $35 a night for rooms and larger rooms for $40 and 1 bedroom apartments for $50 all these rates include AC and a Full Hot Breakfast made to order. The airport rides are Free Both Ways at D'Piero on stays 3 nights or more since most people don't stay 14 nights. Also if you do stay 10 or more the apartment cost drops to $45 with the AC and Full Breakfast still included. Naturally they offer a pool and jacuzzi at the hotel as well.

Many great options- D'Piero, Don Q's The Palms Condos, Rockies, Don Antonio, Coco Hotel, New Garden, Sea Breeze, hell even El Rancho and Europa have made a come back and on the higher end Terra Linda and maybe Sosua Bay Resort. many many more
    When you can think of yesterday without regret and tomorrow without fear, you are near contentment.
    Your opinions are not my problem...

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Apos For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Apostropheman View Post
    "And now for a word from our sponsor"...
    I thought you owned your own board or was it Hijacked

Only kidding when are you coming back to Sosua to live and update us daily?

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mikelodge For This Useful Post:

Hoseman is offline 11/27/2011-R.I.P. Derrick "Hoseman" Smith. Engine Co. #5 AkA "Smitty"
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,348 Times in 3,096 Posts

I thought you owned your own board or was it Hijacked

Only kidding when are you coming back to Sosua to live and update us daily?
    What are you doing? Trying to take Robert's job?

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Hoseman For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hoseman View Post
    What are you doing? Trying to take Robert's job?
    That was a bit tongue in cheek. With Robert's Big Pension for life and Free Health Care for life he could use a Liason to communicate the news ie Apos. Then Robert could focus more on his Charity Work saving Hoes or helping Newbies or maybe run for Mayor the possibilities are endless.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mikelodge For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 83,174 Times in 8,333 Posts

That was a bit tongue in cheek. With Robert's Big Pension for life and Free Health Care for life he could use a Liason to communicate the news ie Apos. Then Robert could focus more on his Charity Work saving Hoes or helping Newbies or maybe run for Mayor the possibilities are endless.
    I am doing charity work. I have enlisted in Doctors without Boarders. I am currently in Sosua administering Dr. Bob's Magic Elixir on an as needed, case by case basis. Mayor sounds like work.

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Seville For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 35,868 Times in 4,610 Posts

Its good to hear this. I booked SS for Sept. I liked Dpiero but want to be back near the action again.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to el toro For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 40,590 Times in 5,066 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Robert13212 View Post
    I am doing charity work. I have enlisted in Doctors without Boarders. I am currently in Sosua administering Dr. Bob's Magic Elixir on an as needed, case by case basis. Mayor sounds like work.
    I applaud your humanitarian effort!

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to deezl For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 83,174 Times in 8,333 Posts

I applaud your humanitarian effort!
    Thank you deezl, but like all great humanitarians I am not doing it for the recognition or accolades. It is it's own reward (Not sure what that means, but I read it somewhere).

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Seville For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,106 Times in 4,436 Posts

Thumbs Up Re: The Cheapest VS the Best Hotel in Sosua

Thanks guys;

I'm really looking forward to checking these out. I've always thought and often said that they'd be a good investment and a most excellent place to stay. Nice to see that someone took the project on and is having favourable results!
    Quote Originally Posted by brovo35 View Post
    Rick was kind enough to show me around one of the units recently and I liked what I saw. It is definitely an option in my opinion for a stay of at least a week for me along with Terra linda. Where as D'pieros is no longer an option for me.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Apos For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Mike, I won't bust your balls about being a big fan of D'pieros, as you have found a home away from home there while staying in Sosua but it is average at best in my opinion. The one room apartment I stayed in was no better then the old section of the new garden 4 years ago. Piero himself was very cool. The staff was very friendly.

The food was average at best. I opted to pay for my breakfast daily at Rockys. I always expect to see and am never surprised by seeing a bug or two because I am in the tropics, but this is the first time in all of my trips that I left my bags in my car when I got home and took them to the laundromat directly prior to unpacking at home and washing my things in my own washing machine.

The cleaning lady left my sliding patio doors almost closed but suspisciously unlocked, obviously she had them open for the mid day breeze (yeah right) but neglected to fully close and lock it. The extra space was usually so hot even with the fan running 24/7 it was not useable between 10 am and 2 am anyway.

For a short stay of a week to ten days, especially in the off season the $60 a night rate offered last minute by Terra Linda would have been much better. The distance wasn't much of an issue but the overall value/quality wasn't there for me. I am not spoiled by any means but it is just OK.

26. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to brovo35 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Mike, I won't bust your balls about being a big fan of D'pieros, as you have found a home away from home there while staying in Sosua but it is average at best in my opinion. The one room apartment I stayed in was no better then the old section of the new garden 4 years ago. Piero himself was very cool. The staff was very friendly.

The food was average at best. I opted to pay for my breakfast daily at Rockys. I always expect to see and am never surprised by seeing a bug or two because I am in the tropics, but this is the first time in all of my trips that I left my bags in my car when I got home and took them to the laundromat directly prior to unpacking at home and washing my things in my own washing machine.

The cleaning lady left my sliding patio doors almost closed but suspisciously unlocked, obviously she had them open for the mid day breeze (yeah right) but neglected to fully close and lock it. The extra space was usually so hot even with the fan running 24/7 it was not useable between 10 am and 2 am anyway.

For a short stay of a week to ten days, especially in the off season the $60 a night rate offered last minute by Terra Linda would have been much better. The distance wasn't much of an issue but the overall value/quality wasn't there for me. I am not spoiled by any means but it is just OK.
    I appreciate your opinion but have to say I have never had a bug problem. They spray for bugs and maintenance is all over that. I can say on your patio door issue that they feel safe there and many people leave them open but I Do Not like mine open and tell them no the first day not to clean my patio and never to turn down my AC. I leave it on full power all day and it stays cool at all times of the day with both the ceiling fans running. So you can prevent those two issues just by telling them NO to the sliding door and AC.

The food is a persons opinion but again I tell Willie what I want not necessarily what is printed. I get scrambled eggs with many tomatoes, onions and cheese in them and he makes it the way I like. I admit the dining options for lunch or dinner are limited to what he has on had if it is last minute but if for example you want lobster for dinner that night and tell him at noon Willie will go get it. Terrra Linda definetely has more food options and is a great option for $60 I like it there also. For me I just need more than a room and find having the living room and kitchen a big bonus to keep all my drinks and snacks cold and still only pay $45 a night and get Free airport rides both ways. The place is not for everybody and Terra Linda is much nicer I definitely agree.

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mikelodge For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I appreciate your opinion but have to say I have never had a bug problem. They spray for bugs and maintenance is all over that. I can say on your patio door issue that they feel safe there and many people leave them open but I Do Not like mine open and tell them no the first day not to clean my patio and never to turn down my AC. I leave it on full power all day and it stays cool at all times of the day with both the ceiling fans running. So you can prevent those two issues just by telling them NO to the sliding door and AC.

The food is a persons opinion but again I tell Willie what I want not necessarily what is printed. I get scrambled eggs with many tomatoes, onions and cheese in them and he makes it the way I like. I admit the dining options for lunch or dinner are limited to what he has on had if it is last minute but if for example you want lobster for dinner that night and tell him at noon Willie will go get it. Terrra Linda definetely has more food options and is a great option for $60 I like it there also. For me I just need more than a room and find having the living room and kitchen a big bonus to keep all my drinks and snacks cold and still only pay $45 a night and get Free airport rides both ways. The place is not for everybody and Terra Linda is much nicer I definitely agree.
    I never had a bug "issue" prior to this trip either. I believe willie is no longer there.

30. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to brovo35 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I never had a bug "issue" prior to this trip either. I believe willie is no longer there.
    Well if there are bugs when I am there I will get some spray from the cleaning room and spray my apartment I wouldn't like any bugs either Bravo.

Not sure if Willie was on vacation or is gone but if my food isn't right somebody will be getting a cooking lesson free of charge from Chef Picky Ass.

Food can be inconsistant a lot of places. My last trip Vewdew and I ate Spagetti Bolonese at Terra Linda and it was greasy as hell and not very good. I posted pics of the bottom of the grease caked bowl.

Anybody stay at Sosua Bay lately in the chica friendly part, if so how was it?

32. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mikelodge For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by donquixote View Post
    maybe not the cheapest, maybe not the best,,
    but we feel the best value accomadations in sosua

we now have one short term stay, long term rate package available on a studio unit for $16.07 per day...
    for terms and conditions email sonia and ask for terms and conditions on this package

www.sosuavacationrentals.com
    Don's condos are a great option to remember and I met a guy on an American Flight to Miami that is the owner of a Sports Bar in Sosua called "Wow" it is in the Europa Hotel which I know many people have considered kind of over the hill but they still have a nice pool and good sized rooms and will negotiate on prices based on how long you stay.

Another great option for people that want to be a few blocks away from the center of down town like Hotel D'Piero where I stay and closer to La Passions and Freds Cuba Libre also with girls and Plan B and Caribbean Mens Paridise also with Girls ect ect.

34. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mikelodge For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 72,262 Times in 11,768 Posts

Rocky's Sosua Suites ... Hmmmm. Thank you for the tip.

Despite my "funk" from my last Sosua trip, too damn long ago, I am reaching a point where a good vacation in a "chica friendly" area would be a VERY good idea. And yeah, of course, "the Su" does sound like the best notion for an old newbie idiot like me. I did enjoy my one stay at the New Garden, but ... I can just see myself taking the easy way out, with the NG's "friendly chicas," and paying too much for not-enough. I do NOT need a return engagement with the Santiago Sisters, or anyone else who leaves me thinking of "extraction industries."

(Just to share a "fun fact" with you: I used to teach photo-interpretation and imagery intelligence analysis of industries, back when I had a day job. "Extraction industries" actually covered the industries of underground and open-pit mines, plus ore concentration plants. Fits the Sosua chicas, because of their "industrial-strength" technique and lack of empathy!)

36. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Westy For This Useful Post:

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information