Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Who is Snake Man???

Thanks

Re: Who is Snake Man???

on my first trip to the DR some crazy haitian walked up to me and started screaming. i think she called me diablo not sure. i thought she was gonna do some voodo and throw chicken feet at me or something. i was totally caught off guard by this but the locals around me started ushering her away from me.

when i asked what was going on they just said she was loco.

Thanks
    Thanked 15,035 Times in 2,159 Posts

Holy shit smooth - what a story. I feel for ya. Good thing their was a cop around.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 47,842 Times in 8,288 Posts

In England we say "smooth as a snake".

Thanks

Mr. Smooth....Is this you?
    Imágenes adjuntas Imágenes adjuntas

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Obscene For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 29,118 Times in 3,985 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by deezl View Post
    "His day is Thursday and his color is white."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Damballa

In Vodou, Damballa is one of the most important of all the loa. He is both a member of the Rada family and a root, or racine Loa. He is depicted as a serpent and is closely associated with snakes. He is considered the father of all the rest of the loa and, along with his wife/companion Ayida Wedo, to be the Loa of creation.
    Some of his ritual songs indicate that he "carries the ancestors" on his back to Ginen (spiritual home of the Loa, and the afterlife) His wife is the rainbow serpent Ayida Weddo (he is also married to Erzulie Freda). As a loa of the Rada nation he is associated with the color white. His particular color is white. His offerings are very simple and he prefers an egg on a mound of flour. Some houses also serve him with anisette and corn syrup. When he presents himself in possession, he does not talk, but makes hissing noises like a snake in Rada rite. But in Petro he's known as "Dumballah nan flambo" and you can hear him speaking through a flame just like God spoke to Moses in the burning bush.
    He is syncretised with the Catholic figures of Moses.
    Alternative names include Damballa Weddo (son of Odan Wedo), Damballah Weddo, Danbhala Weddo. His day is Thursday and his color is white.
    [edit] In popular culture

Damballah is worshipped by voodoo practitioners in the Southern Gothic horror stories "Black Canaan" and "Pigeons from Hell" by Robert E. Howard.
    He is referenced in the movie Bride of Chucky.

hmmmmmmmm

so did you talk to her in a flame? did you hiss at her? did yo ueat an egg in a mound of flour? wtf lmao

so, as mentioned... why did she run naked out of your room

7. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to naptime For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Wow, thats pretty nuts. Last night I had a huge gathering of chicas and chicos around me too. They were all going crazy, and I thought it was going to turn into a huge free for all fistfight between them. I couldnt get away, but they werent saying anything about snake man or diablo. They were all fighting over who had dibs on me to go to my room. Funny thing was, I said no to all of them, haha. It was really crazy though, I couldnt get them away from me. Huge mob of people following me, grabbing me, fighting behind me, pulling my arms. I was yelling at them no, but wow they are persistent. I even tried to get away but the mob just kept following me!

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to congo1986 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 31,542 Times in 5,678 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by congo1986 View Post
    Wow, thats pretty nuts. Last night I had a huge gathering of chicas and chicos around me too. They were all going crazy, and I thought it was going to turn into a huge free for all fistfight between them. I couldnt get away, but they werent saying anything about snake man or diablo. They were all fighting over who had dibs on me to go to my room. Funny thing was, I said no to all of them, haha. It was really crazy though, I couldnt get them away from me. Huge mob of people following me, grabbing me, fighting behind me, pulling my arms. I was yelling at them no, but wow they are persistent. I even tried to get away but the mob just kept following me!
    In between this and the 'snake/devil man' episode, i gotta ask ...

what the fuck is going on down there?????
    Bitch you wasn't with me shootin' in the gym ...

11. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to JuanElGriego For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Ive never been here before, so this is my first time, but there are a lot of chicas for every male here. I mean, a shit ton a girls per one guy. I went to classicos, and there was probably atleast 15 girls to one guy there. That must have something to do with it.

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to congo1986 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,501 Times in 8,028 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JuanElGriego View Post

Took the words right outta my mouth
    I've offended you.....goood

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to eastcoastallstar For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Egg on a mound of flour!!! MMMMMMMMM

Thanks
    Thanked 29,784 Times in 2,952 Posts

Mr. Smooth thanks for posting your version of the story. Sometimes when I post the crazy shit that goes on here I feel that some may think that maybe it's me thats the kook as it really can be unbelievable.

Glad you scared the shit out of the 5 chicas in the Merengue after we spoke. Would loved to have seen that lol!!!!

But I imagine that walk to the Happy Bar was a little uncomfortable to say the least.

Stay safe mate.
    Last edited by WickedWillie; 06-26-2010 at 10:41 AM.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to WickedWillie For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 7,616 Times in 1,767 Posts

Interesting stuff... don't pay it no mind the chcia was just doped out of her mind, had heard to many stories about voodoo

The Haitians will always gang up on you when one starts screaming at you... unity before everything.. they will always unite against outsiders.. there really is no talking to them at a time they are doped/drunk, so to leave or to use violence are your only options

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to continentalmike For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JuanElGriego View Post

syphilis attacks the brain if untreated

22. The Following User Says Thank You to lr444 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 40,590 Times in 5,066 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lr444 View Post
    syphilis attacks the brain if untreated
    so does ignorance!

24. The Following User Says Thank You to deezl For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,920 Times in 2,853 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Smooth View Post
    A police moto stopped me and told me to stay right there as some chica was explaining to them who she thought I was.
    You have to be as firm with the cops are you are with the chicas. Next time tell the cop NO and leave. Or just ignore him and keep going.

The only reason he was paying any attention to the silly chica was because he was trying to think of a way to siphon some pesos out of you. And then decided otherwise.

That whole stupid thing could have ended up with you in jail.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,345 Times in 893 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by continentalmike View Post
    Interesting stuff... don't pay it no mind the chcia was just doped out of her mind, had heard to many stories about voodoo

The Haitians will always gang up on you when one starts screaming at you... unity before everything.. they will always unite against outsiders..

They do the same thing against each other too.
    Lecciones de la vida:

Si le das la mano te cojen el brazo entero
    Mas jala tiene un pelo de toto, que una junta de bueyes
    El día que la mierda tenga algún valor, los pobres nacerán sin culo
    Si la vida te da la espalda... Tócale el culo
    Amore de lejos, amor de pendejos

Thanks
    Thanked 51,271 Times in 7,384 Posts

Haven't seen this thread since I posted what happened to me on Thursday. On Friday night, I ran into Balcoach at the Jolly Roger. I said it was my last night in town. We wound up heading down to the Cuba Libre for a drink then back up the street to the Four Roses Bar, next to the Europa Hotel.

While sitting there just minding our own business, 3 Haitianas were standing to the side observing me. Just as I did with the ones at the Merengue, I raised my hands as claws, made a face and hissed. They also jumped back and Balcoach couldn't beleive what he was seeing. The girls cautiously walked around me and stood to the side of Balcoach. I was having a bit of a laugh at this whole silly thing, but these Haitianas were having none of it. Since his spanish is miles ahead of mine, Balcoach tried to explain to them that there was nothing to it, that I wasn't some serpent or snake. He looked at me with a WTF?? look on his face. I'm just glad he was there to witness this behavior.

Thankfully, this devil is now back on the west coast safe and sound. Still, this whole story remains a mystery to me. I won't be back until at least next March. I hope by then any devil talk is all just water under the bridge. I hope I can show my face in the neighborhood as I do enjoy the occasional stop at El Flow or Bar Central for a cold one and I know that many Haitianas are constantly walking back and forth in that area. If any of you do see me next time sitting there, come over and say hello. I won't be hard to miss. I'll be the guy wearing the Lucifer mask!!

28. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Mr. Smooth For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,539 Times in 1,755 Posts

This is the best story since Roy's experiment! Too bad that it is coming to an end. However, I must say it sure provided some theatre.

Dr. Bangkok
    Last edited by Passport Playa; 06-29-2010 at 07:03 PM.

30. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Passport Playa For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 10,446 Times in 4,196 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Smooth View Post
    Haven't seen this thread since I posted what happened to me on Thursday. On Friday night, I ran into Balcoach at the Jolly Roger. I said it was my last night in town. We wound up heading down to the Cuba Libre for a drink then back up the street to the Four Roses Bar, next to the Europa Hotel.

While sitting there just minding our own business, 3 Haitianas were standing to the side observing me. Just as I did with the ones at the Merengue, I raised my hands as claws, made a face and hissed. They also jumped back and Balcoach couldn't beleive what he was seeing. The girls cautiously walked around me and stood to the side of Balcoach. I was having a bit of a laugh at this whole silly thing, but these Haitianas were having none of it. Since his spanish is miles ahead of mine, Balcoach tried to explain to them that there was nothing to it, that I wasn't some serpent or snake. He looked at me with a WTF?? look on his face. I'm just glad he was there to witness this behavior.

Thankfully, this devil is now back on the west coast safe and sound. Still, this whole story remains a mystery to me. I won't be back until at least next March. I hope by then any devil talk is all just water under the bridge. I hope I can show my face in the neighborhood as I do enjoy the occasional stop at El Flow or Bar Central for a cold one and I know that many Haitianas are constantly walking back and forth in that area. If any of you do see me next time sitting there, come over and say hello. I won't be hard to miss. I'll be the guy wearing the Lucifer mask!!

They will 100% remember you when you return in 1 month, 6 months, or 1 year from now. The chica network forgets nobody
    Jimmy owes me a dollar!

32. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Beads For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I was once married to a "sanjuanera" from san juan de la maguana. Sanjuaneras have the reputation of being brujas and santeria and voodoo have a big sway in that area I am sure because of it's proximity to Haiti. When she was pissed she would go into a swoon and say that Anaisa and Santa Marta la Dominadora (the dominican paton saint of whores) had possessed her (La monto - the santeria term for spirit possession - to mount like a horse). Santa Marta would then tell me that I had to take good care of my woman and buy her plenty of jewelry. Needless to say (I assume) my ex-wife is back in San Juan (or where ever spurned whores go to - the outer rings of saturn perhaps - the inner rings being reserved for mismatched socks)

34. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to depeon For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information