Thread: anyone wanna help a first timer

Thanks

anyone wanna help a first timer

Hi everyone,

I have just planned my first trip to the Dominican republic. Looking fwd to it in sept 2010.

Just wondering as i am travelling alone for the first time, should i get a guide? I saw on the internet "the man tour"...anyone got any feedback on their tours. Have made contact via email, and seems like a friendly, honest fella.

http://themantour.net/

Also, I want a 4 or 5 star hotel.....any recommendations? Field of dreams, etc look pretty good, but was looking for a another star or two.

Is it safe to travel alone?

thanks guys

2. # ADS
    Our Supporters Support our advertisers!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,104 Times in 470 Posts

Re: anyone wanna help a first timer

I would just read the board. These questions have been asked and answered numerous times. Good luck!
    I'm out for dead Presidentes to represent me...

Thanks

gee thanks for the quality answers to my questions chicmatic??

Thanks
    Thanked 1,890 Times in 436 Posts

dont get a guide , hes gonna always be in your pocket. try maybe staying at blackbeards for a few days and then sosua. no real 4 or 5 star places there. terra linda in sosua is nice enough but maybe only 3 star, a lot of mongers there too. just about the whole north coast is more of a casual setting than formal. if not having a 4 or 5 star room is a deal breaker go to santo domingo, you will find a nicer place there. know at least very basic spanish, the less you know the worse it will be. even 20 words will help. i have been there alone 40 times, just dont be a deer in the headlights. the more you blend in the easier it is.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to swiggy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 35,868 Times in 4,610 Posts

Most chica-friendly hotels are pretty basic. They're clean and have the basic essentials that you need. If you're looking for a hotel with amenities you want to stay at an all inclusive, but they're more for couples and strict on bringing in guests. If you're going to hook up with a lot of chicas just go for one of the hotels on this board. Blackbeards, Field of Dreams, New Garden, Terra Linda etc...When are you going in Sept? I go every Sept.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to el toro For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,890 Times in 436 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sirbus View Post
    he is right, the more you read the easier it will be. a lot of different perspectives here so a lot of conflicting ideas. but everyone has been scammed in one way or another. some for 20 pesos some for much more, its good to have an idea whats going on before you get there.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to swiggy For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by el toro View Post
    Most chica-friendly hotels are pretty basic. They're clean and have the basic essentials that you need. If you're looking for a hotel with amenities you want to stay at an all inclusive, but they're more for couples and strict on bringing in guests. If you're going to hook up with a lot of chicas just go for one of the hotels on this board. Blackbeards, Field of Dreams, New Garden, Terra Linda etc...When are you going in Sept? I go every Sept.
    Hi,

First time, just a short trip. will be there sept 5th-8th. when you gonna be there?

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,920 Times in 2,853 Posts

I know the above is Sarcasm (you'll fit right in here) but Chic really did give you a quality answer.

Never heard of ManTours but I can tell you it's a huge waste of money. You don't need a guide in Sosua. If you're going in Sept. you have plenty of time to read up here to learn the basics about the North Coast and you have time to learn a few spanish words/phrases. That's really all you need.

The New Garden hotel is a great place to plant yourself for your first trip. You'll meet other ISOC guys there and you're only a short 3 minute walk from Pedro Clisante (the Strip), ten minutes to the Beach, 7 minutes to la Passions, etc.

Post your dates in the Calender section and you'll also see who else is going to be in town at the same time.

And most importantly, take lots of quality pics like this one.....

13. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to eldorob For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,740 Times in 511 Posts

Sirbus - I agree with Eldorob post. And if you liked the looks of FOD, You should like BB. Its much larger and better laid out. Check Insular trip report. But there is not much to do outside of BB and on Mon - Wed. the little disco is closed there. Not much to do M-W.

I didn't know your age, but if you are out to have a good time and party. Hit Sosua on your dates. And forget about a 4 or 5 star hotel and have a 5 star chica in your room. Sosua has everything you need. Nice beach, pools,stores, bars, disco and chicas.

I will also be running around Sosua, Sept 3 - 11.

15. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to davemaryland For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,104 Times in 470 Posts

ha ha...I wasn't trying to be a dick. I meant if you don't have access to the trip reports, you may want to check it out.

a guide seems unnecessary even for a 1st timer but I do recommend Mel Tours during the day. I'm going to hit up the ATV's again. Everything else I was going to say has been mentioned by Eldorob.

17. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to chicmatic For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 15,035 Times in 2,159 Posts

First off start by reading this: http://news.insearchofchicas.org/for...d.php?t=266278

The nicest place you can stay that is Chica friendly is The Sosua Bay Resort. They have a 'chica friendly' section in the all inclusive hotel. If you want real luxury you will have to rent a villa.

To rent a villa go here: http://www.hispaniolarealestate.com/...s-for-rent.php

Since you are only on a 4 day trip and a first timer - I would recommend staying at the New Garden Hotel in Sosua. Make a plan to meet a few ISOC members (wingmen) and everything will be fine.

And the other guys are right. Read a ton of stuff on here and you will learn everything you need to know. I don't mind helping out (as many guys helped me out on my first trip) but all the info you are asking about is easily obtained by reading this board. Then you can make your own 'informed' decisions.

19. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Nakom For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 47,842 Times in 8,288 Posts

Just wondering as i am travelling alone for the first time, should i get a guide? I saw on the internet "the man tour"...anyone got any feedback on their tours. Have made contact via email, and seems like a friendly, honest fella.

http://themantour.net/
    Man-Tour is honest and helpful. I haven't met, or ready anything from, anyone who was dissatisfied with his service. However, if you are only in the DR for three days I cannot see why you would need a guide.

Hi everyone,
    Also, I want a 4 or 5 star hotel.....any recommendations? Field of dreams, etc look pretty good, but was looking for a another star or two.
    No chica-friendly hotel is 4 or 5 star. Field of Dreams is probably the most comfortable, with Blackbeards not far behind. Club Residential in Sosúa is a bit more upmarket but you have to be more discreet with bringing in chicas.

If you want a frat atmosphere and wall-to-wall chicas 24/7 stay in Sosúa. For something more laid back FoD or BB.

Is it safe to travel alone?
    Yes.

But, as a matter of interest, where are you thinking of travelling to if you are only there for three days?

If you have not already done so, subscribe to the Premium Section (with illustrated trip reports).

US$7.95 for one month

US$14.95 for three months

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/payments.php

You will get more out of your trip and save that $7.95 many times over plus plenty to entertain you when back home and missing the chicas.

You have untiil September to read up. Everyone has different opinions as everyone's idea of a great time is different so you need to read a lot to see who is nearest to your preferences. I wouldn't stay at the New Garden if they paid me $100 a night but I am very much in the minority here. Most guys like it there and you might too. We all want different things.

Or if you are more specific about what you hope to achieve within your massive three-day stay we can advise you better. Fuck six chicas a day on a budget? Fuck one expensive chica a day and play golf? Spend all day and night in your room fucking or get out and about sampling the local culture (so-called)? Want to go dancing? Hiring a car? Will spend most of your holiday smashed? etc. etc.

21. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to weyland For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Thanks for all the advice guys....

I know its a only a short trip.... My deal is i'm from Australia and i'm off to the USA for work. At the end of my trip i have added these 3 days as way of spoiling myself before going back home.....boss won't give me anymore time off.

However, next year i have holidays due and am planning a 'Holiday' visit to the USA, and this sampler trip is to give me a taste and ideas!!

like i said....thanks all...i have lots of research reading to do

Thanks
    Thanked 83,174 Times in 8,333 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by weyland View Post
    Man-Tour is honest and helpful. I haven't met, or ready anything from, anyone who was dissatisfied with his service. However, if you are only in the DR for three days I cannot see why you would need a guide.

No chica-friendly hotel is 4 or 5 star. Field of Dreams is probably the most comfortable, with Blackbeards not far behind. Club Residential in Sosúa is a bit more upmarket but you have to be more discreet with bringing in chicas.

If you want a frat atmosphere and wall-to-wall chicas 24/7 stay in Sosúa. For something more laid back FoD or BB.

Yes.

But, as a matter of interest, where are you thinking of travelling to if you are only there for three days?

If you have not already done so, subscribe to the Premium Section (with illustrated trip reports).

US$7.95 for one month

US$14.95 for three months

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/payments.php

You will get more out of your trip and save that $7.95 many times over plus plenty to entertain you when back home and missing the chicas.

You have untiil September to read up. Everyone has different opinions as everyone's idea of a great time is different so you need to read a lot to see who is nearest to your preferences. I wouldn't stay at the New Garden if they paid me $100 a night but I am very much in the minority here. Most guys like it there and you might too. We all want different things.

Or if you are more specific about what you hope to achieve within your massive three-day stay we can advise you better. Fuck six chicas a day on a budget? Fuck one expensive chica a day and play golf? Spend all day and night in your room fucking or get out and about sampling the local culture (so-called)? Want to go dancing? Hiring a car? Will spend most of your holiday smashed? etc. etc.
    I knew when I met you that you were a better class of person than most of us Weyland. Must have been the accent

Thanks
    Thanked 83,174 Times in 8,333 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by eldorob View Post
    I know the above is Sarcasm (you'll fit right in here) but Chic really did give you a quality answer.

Never heard of ManTours but I can tell you it's a huge waste of money. You don't need a guide in Sosua. If you're going in Sept. you have plenty of time to read up here to learn the basics about the North Coast and you have time to learn a few spanish words/phrases. That's really all you need.

The New Garden hotel is a great place to plant yourself for your first trip. You'll meet other ISOC guys there and you're only a short 3 minute walk from Pedro Clisante (the Strip), ten minutes to the Beach, 7 minutes to la Passions, etc.

Post your dates in the Calender section and you'll also see who else is going to be in town at the same time.

And most importantly, take lots of quality pics like this one.....

Click to see pic
    Decisions, decisions..... two holes, one dick..... what to do?

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Seville For This Useful Post:

Thanks

You may want to consider the Pier Giorgio Palance Hotel in Sosua. You may pay $10 extra for the night for the chica.

http://www.piergiorgioboutiquehotel.com/

As other suggest, you don't need a guide. Just read the previous posts.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to bigjack For This Useful Post:

Thread Information