Thanked 261,405 Times in 78,293 Posts

Re: Don's DR Drivel

Not really.

You want access to trip reports?

Google Wallet

JDRent97@gmail.com

Thanks

Jimmy you don't need to, you already have more than any simple mortal could ask for

6. The Following User Says Thank You to donpalillo For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by donpalillo View Post
    Jimmy you don't need to, you already have more than any simple mortal could ask for

There are others that have more. His name is Ps.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

So you want to bring her home?

Only 5 years to get your first post.

Thanks

I am shy, also I figured after 7 years back n forth to the DR I might have learned some thing that others might find interesting

10. The Following User Says Thank You to donpalillo For This Useful Post:

Thanks

ok this got boring in a hurry, How about how to date dominicans and not lose your ass!?
    I am goin for a beer

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to donpalillo For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 84,377 Times in 13,906 Posts

ok this got boring in a hurry, How about how to date dominicans and not lose your ass!?
    I am goin for a beer
    Man, you're like a bad nickle, you keep popping up!!

How the fuck you been? When ya coming down again?

It's about time you started posting.
    If you think it's love try not paying in the morning..

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many."

14. The Following User Says Thank You to MrHappy For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Thanks MR Happy, was reluctant to post I always have trouble putting ideas into words. Tell you about my Historia con la Policia? sure! last trip I rented a black SUV with tinted windows, not a good idea, the police do not like them. As I am driving down Sadhala in Santiago, two guys on a moto flash a battered plastic card and tell me to pull over. no way, no way, they are wearing old clothes and raggy baseball caps. are they cops??? who knows ?? However they are not giving up the chase, so I pull quickly into a residential area, still trying to out run them. Well out come the pistols, in my face. So I pull over in Cerro Alto and begin to argue my case LOUDLY, but NOT agressively, how do I know you are police dressed like that??? where is your ID or badge?? What? a problem with my car ...talk to the rental company. look senoir I love your country, just a simple guy etc. so they pack up and leave, I offer a hand shake and ask names, game over. 2 points to make: don't give attitude and get it out in public, the Dominican population is very supportive of others against Police and .....thieves, More for the next drivel.

16. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to donpalillo For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Mr Happy,
    Great to hear from you again, I will be back down again in August, the problem is, it easier to get to Santiago from NYC than it is to Santo Domingo from Santiago. once I get to the DR I have work on the house, family to visit blah blah, plus I am usually drunk by 10am.
    also as soon as we hit the ground in the DR my chica goes from boreing to whoreing, she loves being home and just wants to fuck all day. ( I think it's the rice and red beans, which she calls REAL food))
    By the way thanks for your help with the pvc tubing. We found some in Port au Prince.
    I was not comfortable with trying to haul it all there, deal with the border etc. we built a shitload of tents. I will post some pics in a few hours.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to donpalillo For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Here are a few pics of the project in Haiti. Felt I had to something to help. At my house in Santiago I have Haitians on two sides. One family is house sitting, paid by the Dominican owners who live in NY.(By the way most Dominicans use the term New York to refer to the entire USA.)
    The other family just moved into the empty lot with a few pieces of tin and tree trunks for support.
    Imágenes adjuntas Imágenes adjuntas

20. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to donpalillo For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Mr Happy,
    Great to hear from you again, I will be back down again in August, the problem is, it easier to get to Santiago from NYC than it is to Santo Domingo from Santiago. once I get to the DR I have work on the house, family to visit blah blah, plus I am usually drunk by 10am.
    also as soon as we hit the ground in the DR my chica goes from boreing to whoreing, she loves being home and just wants to fuck all day. ( I think it's the rice and red beans, which she calls REAL food))
    By the way thanks for your help with the pvc tubing. We found some in Port au Prince.
    I was not comfortable with trying to haul it all there, deal with the border etc. we built a shitload of tents. I will post some pics in a few hours.
    Cool! How many tents did you guys end up putting up? I know the suppliers I contacted here were calling me back asking when I was going to close the deal, so I knew something better could be had somewhere else.

Suppliers here NEVER call you back and ask like that.

How long did you spend over there putting them up?

22. The Following User Says Thank You to MrHappy For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Mr. Happy
    We spent about 6 weeks.(not me personally)The people I worked with are still there. We also shipped several enclosed trucks from Florida to Port au Prince. However once in Port au Prince, the officials in charge wouldn't release the trucks. We had them loaded with supplies, water, tents, medicine, etc. What a fucking scam! It took over month and $28,000 in bribes to release them! They were not new trucks, nor full of product for re-sale. Voila! This is what is wrong with Haiti. Money is more important than human life. So as long as the DR is attached to Haiti they will suffer. Uncontrollable immigration, Haitians who work for RD$100 a day, will continue to flood the DR and create social problems that will take years to fix. We are now many months after the earthquake. Over a million people in Haiti are living in tents, in survival mode. Meanwhile the corrupt officials inhibit aid at every step. You pay or no way. By the way for those who read my drivel, do not stop visiting the DR. It is a GREAT place, and we make an important contribution to the economy.

24. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to donpalillo For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Mr. Happy
    We spent about 6 weeks.(not me personally)The people I worked with are still there. We also shipped several enclosed trucks from Florida to Port au Prince. However once in Port au Prince, the officials in charge wouldn't release the trucks. We had them loaded with supplies, water, tents, medicine, etc. What a fucking scam! It took over month and $28,000 in bribes to release them! They were not new trucks, nor full of product for re-sale. Voila! This is what is wrong with Haiti. Money is more important than human life. So as long as the DR is attached to Haiti they will suffer. Uncontrollable immigration, Haitians who work for RD$100 a day, will continue to flood the DR and create social problems that will take years to fix. We are now many months after the earthquake. Over a million people in Haiti are living in tents, in survival mode. Meanwhile the corrupt officials inhibit aid at every step. You pay or no way. By the way for those who read my drivel, do not stop visiting the DR. It is a GREAT place, and we make an important contribution to the economy.
    Hmmm.. had you asked, I would have told you.

I had everybody and their uncle trying to rent my fleet of trucks to take stuff over there, but no way, Jose.

Did you see the thread on DR1 about the dozens of jeepetas that were bought by the UN to be used by their folks over there? They couldn't buy more appropriate vehicles like the Toyota Hilux twin cab trucks, they had to have top of the line Land Cruiser's.

It's raining money in Haiti, but none of the poor are getting wet.

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MrHappy For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Laughing Re: Don's DR Drivel

I did know about the top of the line purchases for Land Cruisers and other things as well.
    such as villas on the beach, luxury compounds etc. A recent article in a Montreal daily also wrote about the frusration many feel about the large NGOs who meet, meet and talk, talk but little else. I put my energy into a small NGO which puts "boots on the ground" and has very little overhead.
    You said "had you asked"!!! you know how I love to make my own discoveries....er errors... hmmm dumb mistakes. I now call it "university education" I believe I have earned at least a Doctors Degree in the DR. By the way there is a multitude of good people in Haiti doing great work.
    Did I mention that sex is still popular as well, after a 10 hour day the hard working group of French we encountered liked to unwind with a dinner cooked over a wood fire, a few drinks and you guessed it public sex, where one could watch or join in, j'adore les Francais.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to donpalillo For This Useful Post:

DMV

Thread Information