Thread: Immigration Officer requesting tips (POP airport)

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 45,239 Times in 5,923 Posts

Immigration Officer requesting tips (POP airport)

CROOKS!!!!

I have mentioned in my March Stewfest trip report about an immigration officer writing down "T-I-P-S" behind my immigration entry paper. When he did so he told that it was his birthday, hey it happened that day was really MY birthday so I just told him so and told him that HE should give ME a tip. Then something caught his attention or CAUGHT HIM and he quickly send me on my way. Then right when I was leaving his booth I saw this lady supervisor just patrolling the booth sector and that is why he gave up.

Well this time homeboy upgraded. He now has his own piece of riggidy paper writen the word "tips" on it. As I really didn't remember his face I suspect all of them to get about ready to ask and act accordingly.

So there he goes showing me the piece of paper, and this was me.........totally i-gnor-ing-him. I was looking dead at his desk waiting for his next move, he obviously couldn't keep the TIPS sheet to my face for long. He made a nervous smile, stamped my paper and I was AWOUT!!!

It was at the booth #7.

Just wanted to make that part of my trip report seprate since I think it would be easy for them to get some of us since we don't know what we're dealing with an immigration/police officer in a Third World country. I played the ignorance/dead-face game card and it worked.

Mothafucker!
    Last edited by joeysterr; 07-12-2010 at 12:43 AM. Reason: sp

2. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to joeysterr For This Useful Post:

3. # ADS
    Our Supporters Support our advertisers!

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 45,239 Times in 5,923 Posts

Re: Immigration Officer requesting tips (POP airport)

Ooooh and I forgot to say that I've had actually written in big letters the words

no tips

and circled it lol but ass wipes caught me by surprise with his own tips paper and shit

5. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to joeysterr For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 7,616 Times in 1,767 Posts

take the paper and show it to his supervisor asking what is meant by this...

7. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to continentalmike For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 84,361 Times in 13,901 Posts

Smile! You're on candid camera!!

They're all being monitored now with cameras, so they've got to be a lot more subtle with requests.

I agree with Continental Mike, you should have taken the paper and shown it to a supervisor. I would.
    If you think it's love try not paying in the morning..

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many."

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MrHappy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 5,063 Times in 1,733 Posts

Only happened to me once and it was while leaving the DR. A guy asked for a tip and I just pointed to the sign that says they are not allowed to ask for tips. End of story.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to prtyr2 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 4,313 Times in 734 Posts

I just pretend I dont know what they are saying.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to gmalet For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 51,713 Times in 9,684 Posts

I start speaking loudly in German, noone likes a loud german and they just shoo me away...

15. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to JD426 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 50,505 Times in 13,124 Posts

Last time I went to the DR, October 2007, they were doing that. The guy in line in front of me gave $5 and I thought I was next, but they never asked me. Does this happen in Santiago and SD or just POP?

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kevy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,754 Times in 651 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by joeysterr View Post
    CROOKS!!!!

I have mentioned in my March Stewfest trip report about an immigration officer writing down "T-I-P-S" behind my immigration entry paper. When he did so he told that it was his birthday, hey it happened that day was really MY birthday so I just told him so and told him that HE should give ME a tip. Then something caught his attention or CAUGHT HIM and he quickly send me on my way. Then right when I was leaving his booth I saw this lady supervisor just patrolling the booth sector and that is why he gave up.

Well this time homeboy upgraded. He now has his own piece of riggidy paper writen the word "tips" on it. As I really didn't remember his face I suspect all of them to get about ready to ask and act accordingly.

So there he goes showing me the piece of paper, and this was me.........totally i-gnor-ing-him. I was looking dead at his desk waiting for his next move, he obviously couldn't keep the TIPS sheet to my face for long. He made a nervous smile, stamped my paper and I was AWOUT!!!

It was at the booth #7.

Just wanted to make that part of my trip report seprate since I think it would be easy for them to get some of us since we don't know what we're dealing with an immigration/police officer in a Third World country. I played the ignorance/dead-face game card and it worked.

Mothafucker!
    Yeah..they will try all kinds of shit. My first trip, dude kept repeating my name very slowly while his partner was pretending to inspect one of my small carry-ons. I just looked at them both like they were out of they're muthafuckin' minds and loudly asked for a supervisor. All of of sudden he couldn't understand English, but quickly handed me my passport and his boy was very eager to help me get the hell on out of their line. That was some funny shit!

19. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to b319 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,909 Times in 470 Posts

My favorite scam at POP is when they decide that simple items are "hazardous" for carry on's. On my last trip, they claimed that my travel iron was "hazardous" and told me to check my bag. I don't argue with these fuckers and I told him to keep it and give it to someone as a gift. They also took a lady's umbrella from her, claiming it was "hazardous". Fucking scammers!! I bet i will see my travel iron in one of the airport shops on my next visit.

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to slipheed For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 51,713 Times in 9,684 Posts

Umbrellas are no longer allowed, they even tell you that when u are checking your bag, to remove it from carry on and put it in the checked luggage, or they should be telling you .

23. The Following User Says Thank You to JD426 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by slipheed View Post
    My favorite scam at POP is when they decide that simple items are "hazardous" for carry on's. On my last trip, they claimed that my travel iron was "hazardous" and told me to check my bag. I don't argue with these fuckers and I told him to keep it and give it to someone as a gift. They also took a lady's umbrella from her, claiming it was "hazardous". Fucking scammers!! I bet i will see my travel iron in one of the airport shops on my next visit.
    Umbrella's, traveling irons?

You didn't have a checked bag at all I presume or were you planning to iron everyone's shirt on the wing of the plane in a rainstorm?

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to continentalmike For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,909 Times in 470 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by continentalmike View Post
    Umbrella's, traveling irons?

You didn't have a checked bag at all I presume or were you planning to iron everyone's shirt on the wing of the plane in a rainstorm?
    The latter, of course

27. The Following User Says Thank You to slipheed For This Useful Post:

Thanks

wow!, its been a while since i last posted but this thread got my attention. I was in POP on two separate occasions within the space of two weeks late April to early May...first time thcustoms guy asks me if i can give him money for a CERVEZA..i said u must Crazy suppose theyare taping this shit!!...next trip the guy with the paper with TIPS written on it shows it to me...Hey i liked the ingenuity so i gave him a five for it.
    ]BIG GIRLS NEED LOVE TOO!!!!

29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to trini44 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by trini44 View Post
    Hey i liked the ingenuity so i gave him a five for it.
    And in doing so ensured it perpetuates

31. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to continentalmike For This Useful Post:

Thread Information