Thread: Has anyone visited national parks in DR?

Thanks

Pictures Has anyone visited national parks in DR?

I know we go there to see a different type of scenery. I was wondering if anyone does a different type of sightseeing? DR seems to have some nice national parks and mountains. Has anyone made trips to any of these places?

Wouldn't mind checking some of the worlds other wonders besides the chicas.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to manofsteele69 For This Useful Post:

3. # ADS
    Our Supporters Support our advertisers!

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,920 Times in 2,853 Posts

Re: Has anyone visited national parks in DR?

Take the bus to Jarabacoa. You can do mountain hikes to Pico Duarte, rafting, horsie rides, water falls, or just riding around looking at the landscape.

I'm told the central park in Jarabacoa is active at nite, family type tho, music, chilling, food etc. But just like anywhere, there'll be chicas.

Where's that Jarabacoa thread Jimmy?

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to eldorob For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 7,329 Times in 1,057 Posts

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to insular For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Thanks for the information. I really appreciate it. How far is Jarabacoa from Sosua? How long does it take to get there? Where can I get the bus?

9. The Following User Says Thank You to manofsteele69 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,526 Times in 648 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteele69 View Post
    Thanks for the information. I really appreciate it. How far is Jarabacoa from Sosua? How long does it take to get there? Where can I get the bus?

Take the Mel Tours bus trip to Santiago/Jarabacoa for about $50-60 dollars...it's the best way to visit there.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to FritoBandito For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 45,239 Times in 5,923 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FritoBandito View Post
    Take the Mel Tours bus trip to Santiago/Jarabacoa for about $50-60 dollars...it's the best way to visit there.
    I've done that tour on my last trip. I had plenty of time for chicas so I figure I'll do some exploring. The visit of Jarabacoa was mind-blowing! The pictures and videos I've taken are incredible!! I did take a whole lot of them. Hell I've even ran out of battery!!! lol.

Next time, if you got time, isocers take a day or two and get out of Sosua, Cabarete or Puerto Plata...well worth it! It was seriously one of the best day I've ever had in my life.............or let's say 2010.

I'm an addict now!!!(of stepping out of Sosua)

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to joeysterr For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,526 Times in 648 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by joeysterr View Post
    I've done that tour on my last trip. I had plenty of time for chicas so I figure I'll do some exploring. The visit of Jarabacoa was mind-blowing! The pictures and videos I've taken are incredible!! I did take a whole lot of them. Hell I've even ran out of battery!!! lol.

Next time, if you got time, isocers take a day or two and get out of Sosua, Cabarete or Puerto Plata...well worth it! It was seriously one of the best day I've ever had in my life.............or let's say 2010.

I'm an addict now!!!(of stepping out of Sosua)

Some pics from the Jarabacoa tour:
    Imágenes adjuntas Imágenes adjuntas

15. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to FritoBandito For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Thanks for the info and the pics. didn't do much sightseeing on my first trip. will definitely do so next time I am there. I am thinking about renting a car. Is it a good idea to drive there or should I stick with the bus? I plan on taking a chica to chill with me.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to manofsteele69 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,920 Times in 2,853 Posts

Thanks for the info and the pics. didn't do much sightseeing on my first trip. will definitely do so next time I am there. I am thinking about renting a car. Is it a good idea to drive there or should I stick with the bus? I plan on taking a chica to chill with me.
    I would definately take a bus. They are very comfortable, cheap, air conditioned and you'll see the countryside. They make stops, you can grab food, hit the head etc. As far as the chica, just tell her your going for a bus ride. They could care less. Trust me you'll enjoy it.

I go down several times a year and usually rent a car. But believe me it can be stressful. Driving around Sosua or POP is no biggie, but I'm always glad to get where I'm going when driving in a city. The last thing you want is to be dealing with an accident for 7 days out of your 8 day vacation. And road signs are pretty much non-existant, so getting lost is easy to do also.

I still do a bus trip once in awhile.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to eldorob For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,553 Times in 1,620 Posts

Time from Sosua to Jarabacoa depends on the day and time you pass through Santiago, if you go that way. Could be over 3 hours. My preferred route is to go east of Sosua to the Sabanete to Moca road, beautiful drive over the mountains, good road but very windy. Stop at the summit for a beer and enjoy the view.

Once in Moca take the road to La Vega, again a newly re-surfaced road. In La Vega go to the north end of the town and take the road west to Jarabacoa. Probably takes less time overall than the Santiago route and certainly more scenic and relaxing.

Make and overnight trip out of it.

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to snoozer For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,287 Times in 716 Posts

Try 27 Charcos on the highway from POP to STI. . http://www.27charcos.com/index.php

There are tours available. But you can drive easily although finding the entrance is a little tricky. Ask the locals for Damajagua Falls or Rio. Or, if no car, you could take a publico from Sosua to POP and another to Imbert. or you can take a gua-gua. Check the directions in the above web site.

You are required to pay for a guide on the falls so you don't really need a tour as all they do is get you there. It's a little dangerous but a great experience. Just don't go when there are thunderstorms around.
    Ah but I was so much older then, I'm younger than that now!

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KoKi9290 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Thanks everbody,

I appreciate you taking the time to help a rookie monger. Hope to meet up with some of you in sosua one day soon. Looking to plan my next trip soon as I am going through punani withdrawal.

Thread Information