Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sosua Trip Aug 12 to 15 - Need a wingman badly

Thanks

Sosua Trip Aug 12 to 15 - Need a wingman badly

I just bought my ticket to POP and will be there during the above stated period. Anyone going to be in DR during this timeframe??

I am riding solo since my main buddy cancelled on me, would be nice if I could link up with some cats on this website....I'm a sosua virgin and just hate hanging solo...holla if you are game, ill "pop" a couple of presidente on my budget for U.

Also, I am thinking of staying at Terra Linda but it seems as though NG would be better for someone looking to wild out... and makes more sense since i am going solo? Ill appreciate your thoughts.....and trust me, this trip shall be televised...

2. The Following User Says Thank You to rudeboi For This Useful Post:

3. # ADS
    Our Supporters Support our advertisers!

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 261,405 Times in 78,293 Posts

Re: Sosua Trip Aug 12 to 15 - Need a wingman badly

Quote Originally Posted by rudeboi View Post

Also, I am thinking of staying at Terra Linda but it seems as though NG would be better for someone looking to wild out... and makes more sense since i am going solo? Ill appreciate your thoughts.....and trust me, this trip shall be televised...

Well if you want a wingman, stay where there can be many wingmen around.

You want access to trip reports?

Google Wallet

JDRent97@gmail.com

Thanks
    Thanked 83,174 Times in 8,333 Posts

Stay at NG if you are looking to meet wingman material. Wear I.S.O.C. shirt.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Seville For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Robert13212 View Post
    Stay at NG if you are looking to meet wingman material. Wear I.S.O.C. shirt.

I sell those and caps ya know.

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jimmydr For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Do you need a dick or a chic to break your Sosua virginity?

I landed in Sosua two years ago. My Spanish was limited to "mil, mil quienentos, dos mil". I just did just fine, and so will you.

WMs are highly overrated in my books.

I just bought my ticket to POP and will be there during the above stated period. Anyone going to be in DR during this timeframe??

I am riding solo since my main buddy cancelled on me, would be nice if I could link up with some cats on this website....I'm a sosua virgin and just hate hanging solo...holla if you are game, ill "pop" a couple of presidente on my budget for U.

10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to papi_sosua For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pi3141516 View Post
    WMs are highly overrated in my books.
    Actually they are great for drinking coffee with.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 47,842 Times in 8,288 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rudeboi
    Need a wingman badly
    No, you don't, actually.

Where are you staying?

Quote Originally Posted by pi3141516 View Post
    I landed in Sosua two years ago. My Spanish was limited to "mil, mil quinientos, dos mil". I just did just fine, and so will you.
    Especially if you forget the "dos mil" bit. Two years ago it was required vocabulary but not in the present economic climate.

13. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to weyland For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 6,553 Times in 1,889 Posts

I'm working out details but i'll be there during this time also.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to princepointe For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,640 Times in 598 Posts

I have been at TL for 8 days and I won't come back here until they change their rules about 2 chicas in the room. I get shit, or have to bribe the guards almost every day.

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to daddyooo For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 51,713 Times in 9,684 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by daddyooo View Post
    I have been at TL for 8 days and I won't come back here until they change their rules about 2 chicas in the room. I get shit, or have to bribe the guards almost every day.
    Is that were you were at ?

as to the orig question.
    Rudeboi,
    Since its a very quick 3 day trip Perhaps you really DO need to plan on meeting a wingman 1st day, so you can hit the ground running ... You can definitely go balls to the walls the whole time, no point in pacing . Also so you dont waste time with directions to this and that.
    And sosua being what it is, it may take you a day to get adjusted. Some guys, dont adjust well at all , but I suspect you will be just fine.
    SO I would definitely try to find someone who can show you around , or at least be around ALL 3 days.
    But that said, the NG is probably a better spot for u .

19. The Following User Says Thank You to JD426 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 47,842 Times in 8,288 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jd426 View Post
    Since its a very quick 3 day trip perhaps you really do need to plan on meeting a wingman 1st day, so you can hit the ground running ...
    And what if he places himself in the hands of a stranger who turns out to be a complete asshole? A third of his holiday wasted.

If he reads up here a lot he would have a job to fuck up his own trip, but other people could fuck it up for him if he lets them get too close.

If he were going to Santiago or Santo Domingo then he would definitely benefit from a wingman, but what could possibly go wrong in lil' old point & click Sosúa?

21. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to weyland For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,024 Times in 320 Posts

It all boils down to you and your personality. Based on your statement I highlighted it wouldn't hurt you to meet someone at NG. Guys are always hanging around, eating, drinking in the bar + pool area. For what it's worth though, within 4 hours of touching down in Sosua my first time, I had 2 chicas, bought groceries, found a place to eat, had many drinks and had a decent feel for the bars and such on Pedro Clisante just by walking around by myself; I was pleasantly surprised how centralized everything is. I met some real great guys, but given my personality I generally get more shit done when I'm by myself. If you know you are not inclined to have a good time by yourself, then just walk up to someone and start conversing. Guys are really relaxed out there and I don't think you'll meet too many (if any) assholes.

23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to macula For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Fellas, many thanks for the good pointers...the general consensus seems to be NG, so NG it is...anyone know why i can't access their website? btw, Jimmydr, ive gotta cop one of your tshirts...gotta stick with the Yankees hat tho...

My main issue, JD wisely pointed out, is my time there is quite limited and i dropped a lot of dough for the ticket so maximizing the 3 day period is very essential. Since i havent been, it will be great to link with someone who knows the area very well

Princepointe, let me know if you plans are finalized....

25. The Following User Says Thank You to rudeboi For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Rudeboi, here's a helpful map I "used". Honestly, once you get there you will throw the map out. If you stay at NG, everything (except the beach) is in a walking distance of 5-8 minutes or less. The map makes everything look bigger and spaced out than it is so I was "worried" my 1st time as well. You are from NYC, if you can handle Times Square, then Pedro Clisante is a very small piece of cake. Shit, if I could get a cheap ticket, I would've gone back around the same time as you since that's around pay day. Fuck. I am suffering something awful from Sosua withdrawal.

http://i43.tinypic.com/2q3only.jpg

27. The Following User Says Thank You to macula For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 6,553 Times in 1,889 Posts

Fellas, many thanks for the good pointers...the general consensus seems to be NG, so NG it is...anyone know why i can't access their website? btw, Jimmydr, ive gotta cop one of your tshirts...gotta stick with the Yankees hat tho...

My main issue, JD wisely pointed out, is my time there is quite limited and i dropped a lot of dough for the ticket so maximizing the 3 day period is very essential. Since i havent been, it will be great to link with someone who knows the area very well

Princepointe, let me know if you plans are finalized....
    You know how when your planning a vacation all kind of business bullshit comes up? We'll thats whats happening right now. I was going to be there the 9th-23 and split my trip between Sosua and SD but now I have to push my arrival to the 12 or 13th. I WILL BE THERE and we will hang my friend. I don't speak spanish but I do speak DOLLAAAAAAAAAAS. As my friend Ueya would say BITCHES COME!!!! LOL

29. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to princepointe For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,132 Times in 102 Posts

rudeboi, good choice on the NG. I will be there a month after you so be sure to post lots of pics so I can see how things are looking.

As for getting around and only being there a few days. All you really need to know to get started:

1) From NG walk back past Rocky's bar (great place for dinner) and yo will see the main strip.

2) To the right are the discos and main bars (Classicos and many others), further down is the beach

3) To the left (maybe half a mile?) is Passions

4) From NG there is a pharmacy a block away on right for a gallon of water and cokes

5) From NG to the left heading towards the strip is a small grocery store for anything you need,

Have fun!

31. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to krafty1 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Wsup fellas, just got to Sosua today...it was sunny and extremely hot this am...followed by a heavy downpour for a few hrs....NG has been great and the owner/manager is a very cool dude..

In any case, i seem to have adjusted pretty well and linked up with a gringo that showed me around town and told me where the hot spots are (everything already echoed on ISOC).....guy was talking so much shit though.... all the thoughts on this forum has been helpful

Attached is the lady that broke my Sosua virginity....Dont remember her name but she did say she's from Santiago....session was just a quick bang to break me in. Next victim will be picked up at classicos tonight..

Imágenes adjuntas Imágenes adjuntas

33. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to rudeboi For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Good start have a great time.

Thanks

That is Silena. She was my first chica in Sosua also lol. Guess she has a nose (and a mouth) for the newbies.

36. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to macula For This Useful Post:

Thanks

yup...that's her name

38. The Following User Says Thank You to rudeboi For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information