Thread: Caribe Tours bus stop at SDQ?

Thanks
    Thanked 3,909 Times in 470 Posts

Question Caribe Tours bus stop at SDQ?

While looking over different options for flights to DR, I recalled reading about members using the Carbie Tours route from Santiago to Sosua. I found the best flight for me (coming from MCO) was to SDQ.

Upon visiting their website, I noticed a bus stop at Las Americas or SDQ on the Mapa Interactivo.

Can anyone confirm the existence of this bus stop?

If it's real, that would open up a new route for myself and others to get to up north to happyland.

It would save me close to $100 in flight costs as well as 6 Hrs of flight time. (via Jetblue, MCO to SDQ round trip/non-stop)

Any intel is greatly appreciated!

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to slipheed For This Useful Post:

3. # ADS
    Our Supporters Support our advertisers!

Thanks
    Thanked 29,784 Times in 2,952 Posts

Re: Caribe Tours bus stop at SDQ?

Never heard of Caribe Tours stopping at SDQ airport, would be great if they did but they would never get that past the taxi union.

They tried to extend from Sosua into Cabarete a few years ago, lasted for all of 3 days before union power prevailed.

PM Mr Happy he'll know for sure.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to WickedWillie For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 16,456 Times in 3,763 Posts

They dont stop at the airport in Santo Domingo. They do stop at the airport in Puerto Plata.

I use this service all the time.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to WSJ3 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,237 Times in 569 Posts

Last I cheched caribe website showed Las Americas as a station.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Mr Hillbilly For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,743 Times in 643 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by slipheed View Post
    While looking over different options for flights to DR, I recalled reading about members using the Carbie Tours route from Santiago to Sosua. I found the best flight for me (coming from MCO) was to SDQ.

Upon visiting their website, I noticed a bus stop at Las Americas or SDQ on the Mapa Interactivo.

If it's real, that would open up a new route for myself and others to get to up north to happyland.

It would save me close to $100 in flight costs as well as 6 Hrs of flight time. (via Jetblue, MCO to SDQ round trip/non-stop)

Look at it this way, you'll probably spend the 6 hours getting from the airport to Caribe, and Caribe to Charamicos, then Charamicos to Sosua. Then, you have to pay the 500 - 600 pesos for the bus, taxi transfer SDQ to Caribe, and transport from Charamicos to Sosua. All in all, it's kind of a wash, but.... by flying into SDQ, why not spend a night or two there, call Happy and buy him a drink and hang out. Then venture up to Sosua, and on the return, if you liked the Capitol, do another night there. I've met a LOT of nice girls on buses, gua guas, and public cars. So... maybe if you like to experience a bit more than just Sosua, it's the way to go.
    Colombianas are God's way of apologizing for Dominicanas

11. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Roy For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 84,361 Times in 13,901 Posts

I believe some Caribe Tours buses stop at the entrance of the airport to let locals out on the Las Americas expressway, but only folks with carry on.

As most of you know, it's still a klick or two in to get to the airport from there.
    If you think it's love try not paying in the morning..

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many."

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MrHappy For This Useful Post:

Thanks

The Caribe Tours bus stop, Las Americas, is located at the entrance to the new highway to Samana, NOT at the airport.

15. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to DRboundagain For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,553 Times in 1,620 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Roy View Post
    Look at it this way, you'll probably spend the 6 hours getting from the airport to Caribe, and Caribe to Charamicos, then Charamicos to Sosua. Then, you have to pay the 500 - 600 pesos for the bus, taxi transfer SDQ to Caribe, and transport from Charamicos to Sosua. All in all, it's kind of a wash, but.... by flying into SDQ, why not spend a night or two there, call Happy and buy him a drink and hang out. Then venture up to Sosua, and on the return, if you liked the Capitol, do another night there. I've met a LOT of nice girls on buses, gua guas, and public cars. So... maybe if you like to experience a bit more than just Sosua, it's the way to go.
    Bus fare from Santo Domingo to Sosua is less than 200 pesos if I recall correctly.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to snoozer For This Useful Post:

Thanks

It's RDP 320 one-way for Santo Domingo - Charamicos.
    Information is up-to-date and valid as of two weeks ago.

Quote Originally Posted by snoozer View Post
    Bus fare from Santo Domingo to Sosua is less than 200 pesos if I recall correctly.

19. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to papi_sosua For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,209 Times in 2,195 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by slipheed View Post

I confirm it I have taken the trip dpwn to SDQ my last two trips b/c of variety of flight times (more flights) and cheaper but most importantly it gives me time to get that much needed rest after the hustle and bustle of fucking the chicas the previous days. I believe I paid 320RD for a round trip ticket and 160RD for one way.
    I'm back... Heading Back To Green #TurnUpTime

21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to givengo440 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 5,063 Times in 1,733 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by givengo440 View Post
    I confirm it I have taken the trip dpwn to SDQ my last two trips b/c of variety of flight times (more flights) and cheaper but most importantly it gives me time to get that much needed rest after the hustle and bustle of fucking the chicas the previous days. I believe I paid 320RD for a round trip ticket and 160RD for one way.

Are you saying you confirm there is a Caribe tours bus stop at Las Americas Airport? Also it is more than likjely 320 pesos one way. I am pretty sure I pay 250 pesos or there abouts to STI.

I agree that the only place I have seen a caribe tours bus stop on las americas is at the new road to samana.

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to prtyr2 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,209 Times in 2,195 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by prtyr2 View Post
    Are you saying you confirm there is a Caribe tours bus stop at Las Americas Airport? Also it is more than likjely 320 pesos one way. I am pretty sure I pay 250 pesos or there abouts to STI.

I agree that the only place I have seen a caribe tours bus stop on las americas is at the new road to samana.
    I did see a caribe tours sign at los Americas but I have never seen a bbus go there.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to givengo440 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,909 Times in 470 Posts

thanks everyone for the input!!

Quote Originally Posted by DRboundagain View Post
    The Caribe Tours bus stop, Las Americas, is located at the entrance to the new highway to Samana, NOT at the airport.
    Perhaps you can pinpoint the bus stop. Is it located just as you exit ruta 66 onto Autopista Las Americas.

Link to where I'm describing
    http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&ll=1...,0.019205&z=16

27. The Following User Says Thank You to slipheed For This Useful Post:

Thread Information