Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: 08/2010 - Spirit Airlines BIG SALES.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 89,168 Times in 10,927 Posts

Re: Spirit Airlines BIG SALES.

I booked my tickets last night. It cost me 110,000 miles for 2 big front seats along with $270 for taxes and fees. I could have gotten them for about 45,000 miles, but I wanted the big front seat.

And Jack, if Joe is in my seat when I get to Ft Lauderdale, I'm gonna whoop his ass!!!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to TNT72 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 4,495 Times in 1,330 Posts

Yes we got out 3 hours late first half due to AC issue that the same plane had on the first leg but apparently wasn't addressed until we almost took off from FLL, but the pilot returned to the gate. the second half was due to a storm. They gave us $50 credit for future booking but I doubt you can combine with the $50 coupon they offer 2-3 days of almost every week, so that sucked. Oh yeah a free drink too, they suck but it's cheap so..

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BCell For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 4,495 Times in 1,330 Posts

on a side note I just got approved for the Spirit mastercard. If you do the app on the plane you get 5k bonus miles voucher. Today I filled out another one for john doe, hope these extra vouchers work, it'll all be worth it.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BCell For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 58,341 Times in 10,416 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TNT72 View Post
    I booked my tickets last night. It cost me 110,000 miles for 2 big front seats along with $270 for taxes and fees. I could have gotten them for about 45,000 miles, but I wanted the big front seat.

And Jack, if Joe is in my seat when I get to Ft Lauderdale, I'm gonna whoop his ass!!!
    LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!The asshole went back to work I have to fuck these chicas by myself.I should save money though because he was always sending his chicas to my apartment after he fucked the shit out of them.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 45,239 Times in 5,923 Posts

this just in
    September and beginning of October NYC <-> MDE flights start at $197 tax incl(excl baggage fee)

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to joeysterr For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,936 Times in 6,484 Posts

I also see $39 from LGA to STI. $245 total Round trip with Taxes

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hugrad95a For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,016 Times in 860 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by joeysterr View Post
    this just in
    September and beginning of October NYC <-> MDE flights start at $197 tax incl(excl baggage fee)
    It's 186.70 with taxes when I checked ($36 each way before taxes).. $226.7 with baggage... HOLY SHIT!!!! I might just go for a weekend.. CRAZY!!! If it's $35 off it might be even cheaper... And I thought my $302 flight was cheap..

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,209 Times in 2,195 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by joeysterr View Post
    this just in
    I will be booking Colombia during the first week in October or sooner
    I'm back... Heading Back To Green #TurnUpTime

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Spirit Airlines Sale 1 dollar fare from FLL.

Pricing and Customer Information

Your Itinerary

Wednesday - September 22, 2010

Time

Flight

Depart: Fort Lauderdale/Miami Area (FLL) 12:05 PM 633 Arrive: Santiago, Dominican Republic (STI) 2:03 PM
    Wednesday - September 29, 2010

Time

Flight

Depart: Santiago, Dominican Republic (STI) 3:00 PM 632 Arrive: Fort Lauderdale/Miami Area (FLL) 5:05 PM
    FLLSTI
    Purchasing Price 1 Fare plus taxes159.80 TOTAL $161.80

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hugrad95a For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,309 Times in 3,521 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hugrad95a View Post
    Spirit Airlines Sale 1 dollar fare from FLL.

Pricing and Customer Information

Your Itinerary

Wednesday - September 22, 2010

Time

Flight

Depart: Fort Lauderdale/Miami Area (FLL) 12:05 PM 633 Arrive: Santiago, Dominican Republic (STI) 2:03 PM
    Wednesday - September 29, 2010

Time

Flight

Depart: Santiago, Dominican Republic (STI) 3:00 PM 632 Arrive: Fort Lauderdale/Miami Area (FLL) 5:05 PM
    FLLSTI
    Purchasing Price 1 Fare plus taxes159.80 TOTAL $161.80

I will be on this flight too STI, but returning Sunday.

Most times the flight to STI are stupid hours, I think going there you arrive at STI around 2:00 AM, yes 2 in the morning, and returning the flight leaves at 3:00 AM. I would imagine it is a fairly empty flight, my first trip to STI.

However I am a frequent Spirit and jet Blue flyer. Spirit is by far the cheapest. But the advantage is you need to be near FLL, be flexible on times, like allowing Spirit to choose your times not me. I look to fly out wed-Fri and fly back sunday-monday.

Some of my proudest ticket purchases.

FLL-LGA $28 round trip Tax included, this trip the parking, subway and trains doubled my airfair.

FLL-MDE $118 round trip tax included.

FLL-SDQ $170 round trip tax included.

FLL-Costa Rica $90 round trip tax included

TO be fair, these are before the new luggage prices they charge now. But I usually pack only a backpack or very small suitcase, since I only stay 3-5 day weekends. I only bring with me shorts, t's underwear, socks and a lot of condoms.

This latest trip Sept 22-26 FLL-STI cost me $200 with luggage.

That being said, Spirit is like sitting in a dirty public bus, but when I go on trips, I am not thinking about the flight but the destination. As long as I get there alive, I am fine with it. FLL is one of the better airports, and I rarely have had problems that were not in my control, like showing up to the gate too late.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BorisDaBulletDodger For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,016 Times in 860 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BorisDaBulletDodger View Post
    I will be on this flight too STI, but returning Sunday.

Most times the flight to STI are stupid hours, I think going there you arrive at STI around 2:00 AM, yes 2 in the morning, and returning the flight leaves at 3:00 AM. I would imagine it is a fairly empty flight, my first trip to STI.

However I am a frequent Spirit and jet Blue flyer. Spirit is by far the cheapest. But the advantage is you need to be near FLL, be flexible on times, like allowing Spirit to choose your times not me. I look to fly out wed-Fri and fly back sunday-monday.

Some of my proudest ticket purchases.

FLL-LGA $28 round trip Tax included, this trip the parking, subway and trains doubled my airfair.

FLL-MDE $118 round trip tax included.

FLL-SDQ $170 round trip tax included.

FLL-Costa Rica $90 round trip tax included

TO be fair, these are before the new luggage prices they charge now. But I usually pack only a backpack or very small suitcase, since I only stay 3-5 day weekends. I only bring with me shorts, t's underwear, socks and a lot of condoms.

This latest trip Sept 22-26 FLL-STI cost me $200 with luggage.

That being said, Spirit is like sitting in a dirty public bus, but when I go on trips, I am not thinking about the flight but the destination. As long as I get there alive, I am fine with it. FLL is one of the better airports, and I rarely have had problems that were not in my control, like showing up to the gate too late.

This will be my virgin Spirit flight.. I'm with you about the "as long as you get there alive, it's ok." I can tolerate a lot.. I just hope it isn't like a public toilet...

Thanks
    Thanked 29,118 Times in 3,985 Posts

the fll-sti flight is NOT an empty flight...

its PACKED .... every time i've taken it, it has been a compeltley full flight, both ways.. majority, dominicans.

hell on our april/may trip, swoop joey joe, got bumped into the big front seat, because the flight was so full, no extra charge to him... and thye even put him into the seat that TNT72 had PAID FOR... and put tnt into a "regular" seat...

of course.... when a drunken tnt starts bitchin, things happen, and they made it right and put him into another big front seat.. lol.

but yeah, thats a very full flight...

arriving, at 2.am you have a few choices....

hang out at the airport until 5:30am and take a taxi over to the metro station for around 500 pesos, then take the 6:30am metro to sosua for like 150 pesos.

or, take a private taxi -70-80 bucks straight to sosua, and arrive around 4-5am. go hang out at caipirina until rockys opens, go have some breakfast, and then hit your hotel and then the beach

leaving.... thats worse than arriving....

you leave at 3am. you need to be at the airport no later than 1. it always takes forever to get through security and customs at sti, partially because its such a full flight, and everyone shows up at the same time. plus there is usually a jet blue flight a few minutes before. so you actually have two planes of folks showing up.. and again, mostly dominican.

now, think about something... you need to be at the airport at 1am. if you take the metro back to sti, the last bus leaves sosua around 6:30 pm. so you get to sti around 8:00pm or so, and then you need to find something to do for the next 4 hours. which means more than likely, taking a taxi someplace. and then maybe touristing or eating, etc... and then taking a taxi to the airport...

a few taxi rides, and eating, etc... can quickly add up to over a hundred bucks...

my solution....

i stay in sosua all day, and have my private taxi pick me up at 11pm, and drive me straight to sti airport.

bouts to be doing just that in october with my daughter...

taking the metro over to sosua on our inbound... and taking the private taxi back on the outbound...

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to naptime For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 49,149 Times in 7,404 Posts

fuck Spirit!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by naptime View Post

its PACKED .... every time i've taken it, it has been a compeltley full flight, both ways.. majority, dominicans.

hell on our april/may trip, swoop joey joe, got bumped into the big front seat, because the flight was so full, no extra charge to him... and thye even put him into the seat that TNT72 had PAID FOR... and put tnt into a "regular" seat...

of course.... when a drunken tnt starts bitchin, things happen, and they made it right and put him into another big front seat.. lol.

hang out at the airport until 5:30am and take a taxi over to the metro station for around 500 pesos, then take the 6:30am metro to sosua for like 150 pesos.

or, take a private taxi -70-80 bucks straight to sosua, and arrive around 4-5am. go hang out at caipirina until rockys opens, go have some breakfast, and then hit your hotel and then the beach

you leave at 3am. you need to be at the airport no later than 1. it always takes forever to get through security and customs at sti, partially because its such a full flight, and everyone shows up at the same time. plus there is usually a jet blue flight a few minutes before. so you actually have two planes of folks showing up.. and again, mostly dominican.

now, think about something... you need to be at the airport at 1am. if you take the metro back to sti, the last bus leaves sosua around 6:30 pm. so you get to sti around 8:00pm or so, and then you need to find something to do for the next 4 hours. which means more than likely, taking a taxi someplace. and then maybe touristing or eating, etc... and then taking a taxi to the airport...

a few taxi rides, and eating, etc... can quickly add up to over a hundred bucks...

my solution....

i stay in sosua all day, and have my private taxi pick me up at 11pm, and drive me straight to sti airport.

taking the metro over to sosua on our inbound... and taking the private taxi back on the outbound...
    Thanks for the tip I will be renting a car next week. For some reason next week fll - sti is leaving and returning at normal hours. 22nd at noon and Sunday at 3pm.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to BorisDaBulletDodger For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Thanks for the tip I will be renting a car next week. For some reason next week fll - sti is leaving and returning at normal hours. 22nd at noon and Sunday at 3pm.
    True that's why its looks so good right now cause its a regular flight schedule.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by naptime View Post

my solution....

Another question, I assume you have taken this flight before, Are there people working at the car rental places at that hour coming in on the Spirit Flight? I would hate to wait at the airport for the first car agency to open up.

If they are open when I arrive, I figure by the time I will get the car, drive to Sosua, or BB's it will be 6am, a couple hours till check in and my first nut.

Thanks
    Thanked 51,129 Times in 9,453 Posts

Another question, I assume you have taken this flight before, Are there people working at the car rental places at that hour coming in on the Spirit Flight? I would hate to wait at the airport for the first car agency to open up.

If they are open when I arrive, I figure by the time I will get the car, drive to Sosua, or BB's it will be 6am, a couple hours till check in and my first nut.
    Alamo is 24/7. But you should make an on line reservation before the trip.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to psriches For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 6,110 Times in 1,038 Posts

Spirit has now added a surcharge for fuel.

29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gutter Meat For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

You gotta catch it around Tues/Wed that's when the sales come out.

Thanks
    Thanked 29,118 Times in 3,985 Posts

No. They haven't added a fuel surcharge. They are showing you the breakdown on the ticket cost And fuel. For instance when you snag a 29 flight, its fuel. And no fare. When you grab the same flight for 69 its 29 for fuel and 49 for the fare.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread Information