Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Thread: 08/2010 - Spirit Airlines BIG SALES.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 51,713 Times in 9,684 Posts

Re: Spirit Airlines BIG SALES.

Quote Originally Posted by naptime View Post
    No. They haven't added a fuel surcharge. They are showing you the breakdown on the ticket cost And fuel. For instance when you snag a 29 flight, its fuel. And no fare. When you grab the same flight for 69 its 29 for fuel and 49 for the fare.
    Well this just another exanple of how stupid they think the public is.
    1st of all why would the consumer care about the estimated fuel cost ? and fuel consumption can vary greatly depending on the exact route, weather, one plane to another, CARGO being carried aboard, Altitude of the flight, missed approaches. etc.etc
    2nd if you have a stopover , do they then lists TWO lines for FUEL cost on your ticket ?
    Its irrelevant and inaccurate and very crude estimate at best, so why bother ? Its not like they are "opening their books" to you.
    I dont understand this airline at all. Glad I never have to use them.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JD426 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,016 Times in 860 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jd426 View Post
    Well this just another exanple of how stupid they think the public is.
    1st of all why would the consumer care about the estimated fuel cost ? and fuel consumption can vary greatly depending on the exact route, weather, one plane to another, CARGO being carried aboard, Altitude of the flight, missed approaches. etc.etc
    2nd if you have a stopover , do they then lists TWO lines for FUEL cost on your ticket ?
    Its irrelevant and inaccurate and very crude estimate at best, so why bother ? Its not like they are "opening their books" to you.
    I dont understand this airline at all. Glad I never have to use them.
    it is rough estimate, which is better than no estimate. When you see the bare minimum a flight costs, you know when it's a good deal. It is a gimmick, but consumers like transparency.

Their business model is actual pretty ingenious.. Pay for what you need. You actually save a lot depending on where you live (in their regional area).

4. The Following User Says Thank You to hioctane For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 28,091 Times in 7,185 Posts

I like to travel as much as I possibly can and to sometimes hit 2 or more countries in a trip and to do this I need to travel/lodge as economically as I can.

So for those like me that may have varied destinations or are looking for the best prices on a flight and the Spirit FLL connection is a hindrance but you can make it into MIA here's a cheap and relatively quick way to make your connection between MIA and FLL if thats the only thing standing between you and a warm place
    (and I don't mean the weather )

At the Miami airport or Fort Lauderdale step out to the curb and look for the TRI RAIL shuttle it will take you to the nearest tri rail station for free, when you get to the station you go to the window and buy your ticket. Depending on which exit the fare is from $2.50-$6.90 and 1 hour.

airport to airport is around $5.00 if I remember correctly

http://www.tri-rail.com/

Other alternative is a $30 shuttle or $60 + cab ride.

If just one monger uses this info to complete his destiny my labor has been rewarded and my work is done here.
    DON’T HATE THE PLAYER !!!!! “HATE THE GAME”

6. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to ROVER For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 29,118 Times in 3,985 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ROVER View Post
    I like to travel as much as I possibly can and to sometimes hit 2 or more countries in a trip and to do this I need to travel/lodge as economically as I can.

So for those like me that may have varied destinations or are looking for the best prices on a flight and the Spirit FLL connection is a hindrance but you can make it into MIA here's a cheap and relatively quick way to make your connection between MIA and FLL if thats the only thing standing between you and a warm place (and I don't mean the weather )

At the Miami airport or Fort Lauderdale step out to the curb and look for the TRI RAIL shuttle it will take you to the nearest tri rail station for free, when you get to the station you go to the window and buy your ticket. Depending on which exit the fare is from $2.50-$6.90 and 1 hour.

If just one monger uses this info to complete his destiny my labor has been rewarded and my work is done here.
    long story short.... i screwed up on my tickets for this upcoming trip. and it cost me an extra 200 to fix it.

i looked at every possible airline from detroit or toledo down to fort lauderdale, and none had a good combination of price vs time. some had the perfect times, but high priced. or they were great prices, but timing that didnt work.

i did however find several flights between detroit and miami. that had price and timing. with enough time in between to travel between the two to make the connecting spirit flight to santiago.

but, i remembered that the taxi ride, when i asked before was 75 airport to airport. i figured, shit, if im gonna spend 150 to go back and forth to airports, i mgiht as well just spend the 200 and not have to go back and forth.

for 10 bucks i would have gladly done it (me and my daughter)

USUALLY i learn from my mistake, but if i ever make this one again, at least now i know there is another option !

thanks

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to naptime For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ROVER View Post

So for those like me that may have varied destinations or are looking for the best prices on a flight and the Spirit FLL connection is a hindrance but you can make it into MIA here's a cheap and relatively quick way to make your connection between MIA and FLL if thats the only thing standing between you and a warm place
    (and I don't mean the weather )

Thanks Rover!

I always wondered how to do that connection via public transportation. Now I can fly into FLL using Spirit and be in South Beach in 2 hours without breaking the bank!

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hioctane For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 261,405 Times in 78,293 Posts

Looks like they have many $300 range fares for January - April. (To Medellin)

You want access to trip reports?

Google Wallet

JDRent97@gmail.com

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmydr View Post
    Looks like they have many $300 range fares for January - April. (To Medellin)
    That's how much I paid from LGA.. I've seen it as low as $260 (all exclusive of baggage fees of course).

13. The Following User Says Thank You to hioctane For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hioctane View Post
    That's how much I paid from LGA.. I've seen it as low as $260 (all exclusive of baggage fees of course).

It was $192 for a while. I am waiting for my $9 club admission.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Jimmydr For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Wow.. I just checked.. You can usually tack on a $25 - $50 coupon. I might not even bring in baggage for a short weekend trip.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,237 Times in 569 Posts

Wow.. I just checked.. You can usually tack on a $25 - $50 coupon. I might not even bring in baggage for a short weekend trip.
    Get a SWISS back pack and just stick it under seat-- no charge for that.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

So paying $50 in taxis a day is okay but $40 to have clothing is too much? I am sure you smell ike roses after 4 days in Medellin.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 58,341 Times in 10,416 Posts

Just came back from Medellin couple of weeks ago.$158 RT and $20 for bag.Thats the price if your a Spirit mastercard holder for a bag.Might even be if you are a $9 dollar fare member.I get the $9 fare free cause I can flash the black Spirit master card.One of the perks with this card is prefered check-in when everyone else is standing in the line at the international check-in terminal.Another is perfered boarding.They have been letting me on right after the kids and disabled and the ones with the phony DRs note.(you know the ones that as soon as they get through customs they are out of the wheel chair and running).So for $198 I got RT to Medellin with a bag.I'll take it!! Gonna use miles in Dec/Jan,we'll see how we make out and I'll let you know.

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jacknback For This Useful Post:

Thanks

So paying $50 in taxis a day is okay but $40 to have clothing is too much? I am sure you smell ike roses after 4 days in Medellin.
    $50 in taxi IS too much.. which is why lessoned learned and I won't be doing it again!

Just like.. Did it really take you 10 stays at the Mansion to realize that there are cheaper places to stay elsewhere?

Blog Entries
    Thanks

$50 in taxi IS too much.. which is why lessoned learned and I won't be doing it again!

Just like.. Did it really take you 10 stays at the Mansion to realize that there are cheaper places to stay elsewhere?

It took 3 stays actually and I arrived early for my 4th trip and split it. If someone tells you that you can get killed if you stay outside of Poblado, which Greg tells everyone, do you stay outside or do you wait until someone that stayed outside tells you its 100% safe.

Do me a favor, go to Equador and lay it out for us. I want to go there and know nothing about that place. See how hard it is to be one of the first to get to a place rather than #1,000.

Thanks
    Thanked 51,137 Times in 9,456 Posts

This will be two nightmare situations on Spirit in a matter of days; naptime and archer&crew!!

Thanks

Is everyone taking Spirit to Medellin now? It's actually not as bad as people say.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to hioctane For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Did everyone buy up the cheap fares for the next year? I can't find a cheap fare with less than a 10 hour layover anymore.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 49,149 Times in 7,404 Posts

right now Spirit has from Tampa to Montego Bay R/T for the last two weeks of January at $167
    and what it makes it even better - they are really good itineraries too
    Tampa to POP is like $450 for the same time period on AA.....almost $300 difference

Thanks
    Thanked 51,137 Times in 9,456 Posts

Did everyone buy up the cheap fares for the next year? I can't find a cheap fare with less than a 10 hour layover anymore.
    Forget January!!!!

But then again, i don't think the sales were issued for 2011 yet.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by psriches View Post
    Forget January!!!!

But then again, i don't think the sales were issued for 2011 yet.
    I found some. There are sales into next September. $212 RT (before bags) for LGA to MDE!

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Thread Information