Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast

Thread: 08/2010 - Spirit Airlines BIG SALES.

Thanks
    Thanked 51,137 Times in 9,456 Posts

Re: Spirit Airlines BIG SALES.

Quote Originally Posted by hioctane View Post
    I found some. There are sales into next September. $212 RT (before bags) for LGA to MDE!
    What months???

Thanks
    Thanked 4,495 Times in 1,330 Posts

i take advantage of all the spirit promos, over the past 2 weeks mail I received 6 checks/rebates from its partners totaling $115 and have $45 more on the way lol

i just signed up for this promo https://www.vinesse.com/spirem1010/

i will cancel the membership in a few weeks, gift the wine and case for the holidays and tack on 5k miles for $42

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BCell For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 31,164 Times in 5,857 Posts

I have never tried Spirit. I am tempted. Called it's CS to confirm that Spirit charges twice for luggage: each time on each way (at least not per leg, otherwise it may be four charges counting a stopover) I hope Spirit won't come up with an idea of BYOF (Bring Your Own Fuel) It starts routes out of NFIA on January 27, 2011. Time schedule sucks big time but with $25 weekly parking rates at NFIA, luggage, membership, a drive etc it still cuts fares from GTA to MDE or CTG by at least $300

5. The Following User Says Thank You to questner For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 45,239 Times in 5,923 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by questner View Post
    I have never tried Spirit. I am tempted. Called it's CS to confirm that Spirit charges twice for luggage: each time on each way (at least not per leg, otherwise it may be four charges counting a stopover) I hope Spirit won't come up with an idea of BYOF (Bring Your Own Fuel) It starts routes out of NFIA on January 27, 2011. Time schedule sucks big time but with $25 weekly parking rates at NFIA, luggage, membership, a drive etc it still cuts fares from GTA to MDE or CTG by at least $300
    they probably will!!!

Thanks
    Thanked 6,404 Times in 668 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BCell View Post
    i take advantage of all the spirit promos, over the past 2 weeks mail I received 6 checks/rebates from its partners totaling $115 and have $45 more on the way lol

i will cancel the membership in a few weeks, gift the wine and case for the holidays and tack on 5k miles for $42

Thanks for sharing this... Two gifts for Christmas and 5000 miles for 42.00 and I put it on my rewards card so another 420 points there.

Have any more of these? Where are you finding them? Maybe I should not be deleting all those Spirit Emails as fast as they come in....

Thanks
    Thanked 2,569 Times in 296 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by questner View Post
    I made the mistake of thinking per leg not each way. So I paid it 2 weeks in full with a credit card to correct it. but when I was ready to leave they said I still owed for one bag coming back. That's my only compliant with them. At 4:00am I'm not going to hassle with it. But it still come up one bag short not two, I heard some other guys on the flight with the same problem. So in other words I paid later for 2 more 1 check in 1 carry on. When I got ready to leave at the airport the customer service said I owed for 1 bag.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to hwyrider37 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Talis View Post
    Thanks for sharing this... Two gifts for Christmas and 5000 miles for 42.00 and I put it on my rewards card so another 420 points there.

Have any more of these? Where are you finding them? Maybe I should not be deleting all those Spirit Emails as fast as they come in....
    the wine promo came by email, the cash promos came over the phone with customer service.

the wine is 100% guaranteed "You must be completely satisfied with each and every bottle of wine you receive. If not, simply tell us and we'll send you a replacement or a full refund, as you wish"..so if you're really cheap tell them it sucked and get more wine as replacement, a refund or dispute it with your credit card and pay nothing

11. The Following User Says Thank You to BCell For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 58,341 Times in 10,416 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hwyrider37 View Post
    I made the mistake of thinking per leg not each way. So I paid it 2 weeks in full with a credit card to correct it. but when I was ready to leave they said I still owed for one bag coming back. That's my only compliant with them. At 4:00am I'm not going to hassle with it. But it still come up one bag short not two, I heard some other guys on the flight with the same problem. So in other words I paid later for 2 more 1 check in 1 carry on. When I got ready to leave at the airport the customer service said I owed for 1 bag.
    sorry to hear that.I've used Spirit 8 times so far this year and never had a problem.(5 times to DR);

13. The Following User Says Thank You to jacknback For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,699 Times in 519 Posts

I'm convinced that if at all possible just pack everything into one carry on.
    I've been able to do this on all my trips and it makes things soooooo much easier and faster..

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BCell View Post

Looked at my Spirit accounts today.. Boom! 5000 more miles (took about a month).. Sweet sweet! The wine also arrived (two weeks) and I already have it wrapped for my brother and his wife. I just need that "deluxe set" to arrive and I can cancel the account.

So for 41.94 I covered a couple of presents and received 5000 miles..

Excellent tip sir!

Thanks
    Thanked 28,091 Times in 7,185 Posts

I found some. There are sales into next September. $212 RT (before bags) for LGA to MDE!

I snagged one of these for the beginning of May ....SWEET

Thank you .. Jacknback
    DON’T HATE THE PLAYER !!!!! “HATE THE GAME”

17. The Following User Says Thank You to ROVER For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 58,341 Times in 10,416 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ROVER View Post
    I snagged one of these for the beginning of May ....SWEET

Thank you .. Jacknback
    Shhhh!
    My pappi you to say "When their dumb,leave 'em dumb"

Remember,a couple of months ago most were saying Spirit sucks the big one!
    Now as they start to provide service to more areas,more are jumping on the band wagon.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to jacknback For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Talis View Post
    Looked at my Spirit accounts today.. Boom! 5000 more miles (took about a month).. Sweet sweet! The wine also arrived (two weeks) and I already have it wrapped for my brother and his wife. I just need that "deluxe set" to arrive and I can cancel the account.

So for 41.94 I covered a couple of presents and received 5000 miles..

Excellent tip sir!
    I called about the opener set (I didn't get it either) and they said it will come after the 2nd order, I will call them this week and say I'm cancelling because I can't open my wine....they have a monthly order slated to go out this week, they cancelled that for me because I said the first order took too long and I can't drink that much that quick, i'm done with them

21. The Following User Says Thank You to BCell For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,016 Times in 860 Posts

There is a $50 coupon today.. But recently they started implementing a $79 each way minimum rule with these coupons.. Pretty much useless now.. The $50 fares are plenty.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 261,405 Times in 78,293 Posts

There is a $50 coupon today.. But recently they started implementing a $79 each way minimum rule with these coupons.. Pretty much useless now.. The $50 fares are plenty.

I am very happy paying $255 RT.

You want access to trip reports?

Google Wallet

JDRent97@gmail.com

Thanks
    Thanked 51,137 Times in 9,456 Posts

FUCK SPIRIT!!!!!!!!!

So i book a ticket today at 12 noon for a March trip from NYC to Santiago.

At 6pm, i receive an email from Spirit telling me that not only are they changing the times, but they are changing the days as well.

During March and April, they are only traveling to DR on tuesday and friday; and retuning on wednesday and saturday. THIS DOESN'T WORK FOR ME!

This is the 5th time they've cancelled a flight on me. Fuck Spirit!!!!

And i don't want to hear excuses from the 5 ISOC Spirit Heads because i'm just VENTING and frankly, there is no excuse for this bullshit!!!!!!!!!

25. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to psriches For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 40,590 Times in 5,066 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jacknback View Post
    Shhhh!
    My pappi you to say "When their dumb,leave 'em dumb"

Remember,a couple of months ago most were saying Spirit sucks the big one!
    Now as they start to provide service to more areas,more are jumping on the band wagon.
    well, spirit ain't for everyone. i prefer direct flights, spirit doesn't really have any unless you're flying from FLL. I don't want to have to sit around in an airport and switch planes for what should be a 4hr direct flight.

i prefer to take a carry on and a checked bag (carry on has emergency clothes and my cameras - airlines will not insure cameras or other electronics in checked bags so they have to go in a carry on).

when i tally it all up, with the checked bag & carry on ($86 if you're a member of the $9 fare club, $126 if you're not), the additional tolls having to go out to LGA instead of EWR, and the time wasted taking two flights instead of one - the cost difference is pretty negligible for me.

oh, and they charge more in flight taxes & fees (about $15-20 more for int'l flights) than any other airline, which i think is kinda bullshit.

not saying 'spirit sucks', just that it doesn't hold much of an advantage to me over other airlines.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 51,713 Times in 9,684 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by psriches View Post
    FUCK SPIRIT!!!!!!!!!

So i book a ticket today at 12 noon for a March trip from NYC to Santiago.

At 6pm, i receive an email from Spirit telling me that not only are they changing the times, but they are changing the days as well.

During March and April, they are only traveling to DR on tuesday and friday; and retuning on wednesday and saturday. THIS DOESN'T WORK FOR ME!

This is the 5th time they've cancelled a flight on me. Fuck Spirit!!!!

And i don't want to hear excuses from the 5 ISOC Spirit Heads because i'm just VENTING and frankly, there is no excuse for this bullshit!!!!!!!!!
    Is this out of LGA to STI ?
    Why would anyone endure a 7-16 hour ordeal, since every flight brings you into STI at this ungodly time of 2:53 am. They are literally shuttling and dumping you to Fort Lauderdale to sit on your ass all day long.
    All this to MAYBE save $100 tops, if that ? Its beyond my comprehension . Jet blue has flights like every day and 3.5 hours , you are there, direct.
    Anyone who flies Spirit to STI out of LGA, needs to get their heads examimed for putting up with this bullshit , 20 + hours total of your vacation time, it it really worth it ?

And since when did the taxes and fees go up to $173 ????

APHIS User Fee
    $5.00
    DO - Airport Infrastructure Fee
    $32.60
    DO-Airport Authority Fees
    $30.00
    DO-Departure Tax
    $20.00
    Immigration User Fee
    $7.00
    International Service Recovery Fee
    $10.00
    Passenger Facility Fee
    $13.50
    Passenger Usage Fee
    $16.00
    September 11th Security Fee
    $7.50
    US-International Departure Tax
    $32.20
    -------
    $173 Total . I double checked it.

Jet Blue is still $133.80 .

Thanks
    Thanked 40,590 Times in 5,066 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jd426 View Post

And since when did the taxes and fees go up to $173 ????

APHIS User Fee
    $5.00
    DO - Airport Infrastructure Fee
    $32.60
    DO-Airport Authority Fees
    $30.00
    DO-Departure Tax
    $20.00
    Immigration User Fee
    $7.00
    International Service Recovery Fee
    $10.00
    Passenger Facility Fee
    $13.50
    Passenger Usage Fee
    $16.00
    September 11th Security Fee
    $7.50
    US-International Departure Tax
    $32.20
    -------
    $173 Total . I double checked it.

Jet Blue is still $133.80 .
    so is continental. so is every airline that i'm aware of. spirit tacks on bullshit fees to drive the price up while making their base fares look more attractive. they try to make the fees look like government imposed taxes, but they aren't. they have a great marketing scheme, i'll give them that. their flights are really, really cheap - until you have to pay for all the extras like taxes & fees and baggage.

29. The Following User Says Thank You to deezl For This Useful Post:

Thanks

They really are messing with the schedule.. If you look at one of my previous posts the February flights are actually in the afternoon now (landing at 2 in the afternoon and heading back at 3 in the afternoon). I was hoping when you said they went to two a week only in march and april that the the times also shifted to the afternoon flights like February.. No such luck. Someone mentioned that the flight changes were due to some work being done at the airport.

I know the late night landings are a pain but for those of is in the west it means about 8 hours less in the airport system.. though the night I save in Miami or New York really is just traded for that early morning in Santiago.

The Santo Domingo flight lands in the early afternoon (and every day).. Might be a better bet as the bus can take you directly to Sosua if that is your destination... The entire trip runs about the same for me doing this but the "getting there" is a tad more fun and I do save about 250.00

Sorry Spirit screwed you.. AA did that to me on my first trip.. Canceled one leg of my trip one week out... Nice enough to send an Email... Left me to figure out how to get myself to LAX on time.

I was looking at the May time frame to try another run at Sosua.. Think I will wait until they get some solid schedules in place..

31. The Following User Says Thank You to Talis For This Useful Post:

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast

Thread Information