Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sosua, Oct 10-17

Thanks
    Thanked 6,221 Times in 1,136 Posts

Sosua, Oct 10-17

Greetings all, I have been reading a lot and posting little. Tons of good info, I especially enjoy the trip reports, I am so glad to have found this site, I think it will enhance my trip immensely! So as it stands right now, a friend of mine and I will be coming down to Sosua Oct 10 - 17 (which means I am probably the only one confimed, oh well I can roll solo if I have to). We originally were looking at one of those all inclusive places, but as I started to look around I relized that I wouldn't want to be with the same chic 24/7, plus it was cheaper to customize your trip with various options! If anyone else is going to be there around that time drop me a PM and I would love to hook up and have a few beers! I wouldn't mind learning from some vets!

Anyways we are debating between staying at the NG or at the TL, or maybe even Seabreeze. I am leaning towards NG, he is leaning towards TL. Any real difference? I heard the old wing of the NG doesn't have showers? Any hotels with hot tubs? I think my back my be sore after a couple days!

One question I have right now is how big are the safes? Would I be able to fit a 17 inch laptop in one along with various other articles?

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to GrandePadre For This Useful Post:

3. # ADS
    Our Supporters Support our advertisers!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,024 Times in 320 Posts

Re: Sosua, Oct 10-17

You would have a very hard time getting a 17" laptop into the safes at NG. A netbook would fit easily. Maybe a 13" laptop. But I would have to say no on the 17" unless someone corrects me on that.

NG has a few rooms with hot tubs. I'm pretty sure all the rooms have showers. NG is better imo than TL if you want total free reign in the chicas department.

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to macula For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 83,174 Times in 8,333 Posts

I have two options for my laptop. I have a locking briefcase that fits a 14" laptop perfectly and i use my suitcase with a lock on it. I would hope that security would stop any chica carring a briefcase, suitcase or laptop when she is leaving.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Seville For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 49,149 Times in 7,404 Posts

New Garden is the better choice for the first timer to Sosua - pick TL your second trip

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SeaWeed For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,936 Times in 6,484 Posts

New Garden= Animal House Atmosphere Party like a rockstar. 3some, 4some, how many chicks you want and can handle. Grounds are not as nice a Terra Linda. Party Atmosphere.

Terra Linda= Laid back atmosphere more discreet only one at a time. Very nice hotel grounds more for relaxing and chilling. Not a party hotel.

Pictures of Terra Linda.

AND VIDEO OF NEW GARDEN.....

11. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to hugrad95a For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 83,174 Times in 8,333 Posts

The New Garden

13. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Seville For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 33,954 Times in 10,160 Posts

Good comparison and contrast. Whatever type of atmosphere you want...it's there!

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gdogg For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Good lookin out guys, I solved the problem, I picked up a netbook.

New Garden it is, Wilfried looked out for me, he seems like a good dude. I got it booked for me and my boy. Now I got to bust out the Rosetta stone and work on my spanish and read everyone's trip reports. I don't think I have ever looked forward to a trip as much as I have with this one.

17. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to GrandePadre For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

My gift to you newbie. 33 free spanish conversational CD's.

http://www.ucc.edu/Academics/MediaSe...ib/Spanish.htm

Download them put them on your IPOD or burn to CD's to listen to while driving or sleeping.

19. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to hugrad95a For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 47,842 Times in 8,288 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hugrad95a View Post
    My gift to you newbie. 33 free spanish conversational CD's.

http://www.ucc.edu/Academics/MediaSe...ib/Spanish.htm

Download them put them on your IPOD or burn to CD's to listen to while driving or sleeping.
    A great free resource! Many thanks for posting this. (After a year in the DR I had forgotten what proper Spanish sounds like).

21. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to weyland For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Just an FYI. If you are in the Army or have an AKO account you can get Rosetta Stone for free as well.

23. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to GrandePadre For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,844 Times in 377 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sacase View Post

One question I have right now is how big are the safes? Would I be able to fit a 17 inch laptop in one along with various other articles?
    i dont know if your going to find a safe big enough for your lap top. but i just got back home and had chicas stay over just about everynight where i was in sosua i left my lap top right out in plain view every night and everytime i was gone with no one in the room. nothing ever happend to it. i think you will be just fine

25. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jonew1 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Ok, ticket has been purchased, so its finally official. So....where do I get one of those fancy countdown clocks?

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GrandePadre For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,640 Times in 598 Posts

Ok, ticket has been purchased, so its finally official. So....where do I get one of those fancy countdown clocks?

click on ISOC Extras (top right)

29. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to daddyooo For This Useful Post:

Thanks

This trip is going to get interesting. S0 I was at dinner this evening and talking with the girlfriend and DR comes up. She asks me where I am going in DR. I tell her Puerto Plata. I dont' want her googling Sosua.

So we talk a little more about it and how when I first started talking about going with a lot of my friends that wanted to go, now that it is time to start booking tickets people backed out really fast. In fact there are only 2 of us going to make it.

Anyways, she starts talking about how hard it is to go on people who you have never been on vacation with. I said I am going to be fine, me and my buddy are like minded people so we get a long great, we feed off each other, which usually means trouble. Then she says.....I just hope you have a good time.....in a sad little voice....If she only knew! I mumbled something about there being a lot to do out there and that I can always scuba dive, snorkel and go fishing all day long, I will be fine for a week. LOL I just got to remember not to get too excited between now and then.

31. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to GrandePadre For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,844 Times in 377 Posts

ha ha!!! i had the same problem. trying to make it sound like i was going to the dr to go site seeing and shit with a buddy. thats some funny shit. but now that i have went once i told my girl friend i will be going back about every 5 or six months and she is not happy. lol oh well

33. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jonew1 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

This trip is going to get interesting. S0 I was at dinner this evening and talking with the girlfriend and DR comes up. She asks me where I am going in DR. I tell her Puerto Plata. I dont' want her googling Sosua.

So we talk a little more about it and how when I first started talking about going with a lot of my friends that wanted to go, now that it is time to start booking tickets people backed out really fast. In fact there are only 2 of us going to make it.

Anyways, she starts talking about how hard it is to go on people who you have never been on vacation with. I said I am going to be fine, me and my buddy are like minded people so we get a long great, we feed off each other, which usually means trouble. Then she says.....I just hope you have a good time.....in a sad little voice....If she only knew! I mumbled something about there being a lot to do out there and that I can always scuba dive, snorkel and go fishing all day long, I will be fine for a week. LOL I just got to remember not to get too excited between now and then.
    Make sure you log off on ISOC and when you make your Walmart/Drug store run that you hide the "necessities".

35. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to hugrad95a For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hugrad95a View Post
    Make sure you log off on ISOC and when you make your Walmart/Drug store run that you hide the "necessities".
    Naw no worries there. I just moved to San Diego back in March and she is still in DC. Besides, she is just a GF and we never lived together and she never had a key to my place. I have gotten her used to me just doing stuff without asking her. The way I figure it, once you start asking if they mind if you do XYZ, then they expect you to ask permission for everything. Hell, I just told her I was going to DR, I never once asked if she minded and how she felt about me going. I don't want to go down that road with anyone, I am too old to ask permission. But that is good advice for folks.

37. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to GrandePadre For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Great video!!! You guys just took me right back to the NG. Can't wait for Sept. 9th. when I'll be back :-).

39. The Following User Says Thank You to kris boog For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,593 Times in 292 Posts

Greetings all, I have been reading a lot and posting little. Tons of good info, I especially enjoy the trip reports, I am so glad to have found this site, I think it will enhance my trip immensely! So as it stands right now, a friend of mine and I will be coming down to Sosua Oct 10 - 17 (which means I am probably the only one confimed, oh well I can roll solo if I have to). We originally were looking at one of those all inclusive places, but as I started to look around I relized that I wouldn't want to be with the same chic 24/7, plus it was cheaper to customize your trip with various options! If anyone else is going to be there around that time drop me a PM and I would love to hook up and have a few beers! I wouldn't mind learning from some vets!

Anyways we are debating between staying at the NG or at the TL, or maybe even Seabreeze. I am leaning towards NG, he is leaning towards TL. Any real difference? I heard the old wing of the NG doesn't have showers? Any hotels with hot tubs? I think my back my be sore after a couple days!
    I wouldn't waste any money on a hot tub if it's just for your back. Kika gives a great 1 hour massage for 500DOP, and never skimps on the time. She is 1 flight up over the Shark Bar.

41. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nnjdave For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information