Thread: La Romana

Thanks
    Thanked 1,369 Times in 366 Posts

La Romana

Heading to Santo Domingo in September and wanted to do something different for a few days. Lay around on a beautiful beach, hit a few clubs/bars at night and some possible sight-seeing during the day. I don't golf but want to hit an all-inclusive type resort with a nice beach. Casa de campo is out of my price range. The only place I've come across so far is the Wyndham. I can get a room there for just under $400 for 4 nights. Anyone know where this resort is located near the action within the town or know of any other venues to stay.

I've read La Romana is an hour and a half drive from Santo Domingo. My plan is to go there during the first leg of my trip directly from the airport cutting down on some of the drive time. Seems like I can take the espreso outside the airport straight there going in the opposite direction of Santo Domingo. Will that cut 1/2 hour or so off the drive time? Is it easy to get to from the airport?

Also looking for any ideas, suggestions or other comments that would be helpful including other possible destination other than La Romana that's not to far from Santo Domingo.
    trEPP33

2. # ADS
    Our Supporters Support our advertisers!

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 49,149 Times in 7,404 Posts

Re: La Romana

Boca Chica is ten to fifteen minutes outside of Santo Domingo and has plenty of Chicas - it's a mini Sosua

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,964 Times in 1,262 Posts

Juan Dolio is 10 miles West of Boca Chica. Some P4P. Stay at Fior de Lor, on West side for $15-25. Wi-Fi, kitchen, and small rooms with good beds. Chicas in the first bar on right, as you enter Old Juan Dolio. Also, at sports bar, Chocolates. Most will work for 1000 pesos. Forget La Romana!

5. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Sidney For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,287 Times in 716 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Papa Benito View Post
    Juan Dolio is 10 miles West of Boca Chica. Some P4P. Stay at Fior de Lor, on West side for $15-25. Wi-Fi, kitchen, and small rooms with good beds. Chicas in the first bar on right, as you enter Old Juan Dolio. Also, at sports bar, Chocolates. Most will work for 1000 pesos. Forget La Romana!

I agree, forget La Romana, go to Juan Dolio. But I recommend staying at this place. About $50 a night with kitchen and balcony overlooking the beach.
    Ah but I was so much older then, I'm younger than that now!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to KoKi9290 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Not interested in Boca Chica. Been there a few times already. How is the beach in Juan Dolio? I want a place with a nice beach.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,287 Times in 716 Posts

Beach is nice in Juan Dolio. Not as nice as Sosua but much better than Boca Chica.

The other side of La Romana, there is a great beach in Bayahibe, Playa Dominicus. I don't know of any cheap hotels there, ( mostly AIs ) unless you stay in the town proper where there is a reasonably priced hotel Hotel Bayahibe. Need a car for that trip.

Thanks

Thanks for the help guys, it's much appreciated. If the beach in Juan Dolio isn't as nice as Sosua then I don't think it's the place for me on this trip. Since I'll be in the capital during the second week I'll have enough time there for play. I want to relax in a nice area with nice views and a gorgeous beach for the first leg. That's the only reason I chose La Romana in the first place. I'll report back with what i end up doing and provide a report when possible. Thanks again.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,818 Times in 251 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Papa Benito View Post
    Do you have any contact info for this hotel (website, phone number)? I will be going to Santo Domingo in the middle of September and wanted to spend at least a night in Juan Dolio to see what the night life is like there.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Crytonb99 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,215 Times in 355 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Crytonb99 View Post
    Do you have any contact info for this hotel (website, phone number)? I will be going to Santo Domingo in the middle of September and wanted to spend at least a night in Juan Dolio to see what the night life is like there.
    http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Rev..._Republic.html

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Juggles For This Useful Post:

Thread Information