Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678

Thread: 08/2010 - Hotel El Colibri

Thanks

Re: Hotel El Colibri

Quote Originally Posted by Robert13212 View Post
    Security at Piero's is not responsible for who comes and goes on the property; just like they are not responsible for a chica leaving with a laptop under her arm. I posted this to save Mike Lodge the trouble of doing it himself. Just trying to be helpful.
    Security sucks at Pieros. Other than opening the door late at night for me when the gate is locked I dont see their benefit. I did not have my laptop stolen, but I did have my camera taken by a chica. She was jealous of another chica I was seeing, but never thought she would take it to another level "stealing my shit". She walked out of the hotel late at night with it and by the time I noticed it missing the next morning it was too late.

She lives in Sabaneta and I even visited her family, and partied at her home. She even introduced me to her family lawyer since he also dealt in immigration matters and I was considering permanent residency. Maybe he can talk some sense to her to just return the camera without preconditions. Since she respects him a great deal it may work. She said she needed money to pay the hospital because she took many pills the night she left Pieros with my camera and her bill was 6000 pesos. No way am I paying her any money to get my camera back. It sets a bad precedent.
    Guys always be careful, even when you think you know a chica, she may surprise you.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to praguealchemist For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 34,226 Times in 2,769 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by praguealchemist View Post
    Security sucks at Pieros. Other than opening the door late at night for me when the gate is locked I dont see their benefit. I did not have my laptop stolen, but I did have my camera taken by a chica. She was jealous of another chica I was seeing, but never thought she would take it to another level "stealing my shit". She walked out of the hotel late at night with it and by the time I noticed it missing the next morning it was too late.

She lives in Sabaneta and I even visited her family, and partied at her home. She even introduced me to her family lawyer since he also dealt in immigration matters and I was considering permanent residency. Maybe he can talk some sense to her to just return the camera without preconditions. Since she respects him a great deal it may work. She said she needed money to pay the hospital because she took many pills the night she left Pieros with my camera and her bill was 6000 pesos. No way am I paying her any money to get my camera back. It sets a bad precedent.
    Guys always be careful, even when you think you know a chica, she may surprise you.
    Thanks for sharing praguealchemist. I am guilty of letting my guard down around a chica after I know her for a while, especially if I know where her family lives. I have never had an incident, but if I get careless around these girls, I will end up loosing something big.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dquick For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by michel3275 View Post
    I'm in ice cold montreal driving my kids to hockey games all weekend and i'm freezing

I am trying to survive my first winter in Montreal. Current weather, -2 F. Besides going to the gym, I stayed in on a Saturday and watched movies and basketball.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to dquick For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bailar View Post
    I'd rather be at Piero's anyway!!
    I use to stay at Piero's but I have not a couple trips. The last time I stayed there, you could hear the Passions music an night, and construction during the day. (I think the construction was Peter building a house.)

I am looking for a quiet spot, so I figured El Colibri would be worth a try. I have not heard anything bad about them.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dquick For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 12,102 Times in 1,088 Posts

i just want to make things clear before this turns into a Piero hotel bashing session. I stayed at Piero's on 3 trips and liked it every time. And i will stay there again.
    I just wanted to do a point to point comparison between the 2 because sometimes people just blindly defend their favorite hotel like everything's perfect and talk like everything else is bullshit.
    Like i said, i prefer Colibri and its alway my first choice.

The way i book is like this.
    I send a message to both to know if they have a 1 bedroom apartment.
    Usualy Monique answers first. if its available i book there and if not, i wait for Piero's answer.
    If both are not available, they usualy answer me with what other room is available and i choose from this.
    Last trip was during new year's holidays and i didnt have many options.

I hope its more clear this way.

10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to michel3275 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,936 Times in 6,484 Posts

Staying at Piero is for the experienced monger, its more like staying at your own crib,than a hotel with security. I didnt have a problem the last time I stayed there, but shit can pop off at any hotel.

Keep your shit hidden or locked up. The same if you were in hotel in the states and had pro come to your room. Don't leave the hoes in your room alone, don't pay them up front, pay them after you have checked your room for valuables. Keep your laptop hidden, your Ipod and your camera in your sights or locked away.

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to hugrad95a For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,936 Times in 6,484 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by praguealchemist View Post

Guys always be careful, even when you think you know a chica, she may surprise
    you.

Good points not just for D'Piero's but every hotel. Question when did you pay her? When I pay my chica's I check, my crib thoroughly before I let them leave, shit do this whether I pay them or not.

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to hugrad95a For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 84,377 Times in 13,906 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dquick View Post
    Thanks for sharing praguealchemist. I am guilty of letting my guard down around a chica after I know her for a while, especially if I know where her family lives. I have never had an incident, but if I get careless around these girls, I will end up loosing something big.
    We all have. I've been "stung" by girls that I never imagined in a million years would do such a thing.

Shit happens. As the old saying goes, "live and learn."

That's one of the reasons I've become the person I am today, with my limited interaction with women. (The 4 "F's" are my guide)
    If you think it's love try not paying in the morning..

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many."

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MrHappy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 12,102 Times in 1,088 Posts

Testing posting pictures This is one of the new apartments at Colibri Monique sent me

Thanks
    Thanked 1,674 Times in 128 Posts

The rooms look clean, and the pool big, that's a good point.

I sent an email for 10 nights in May, i wait the reply.

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to emenems For This Useful Post:

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678

Thread Information