Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sosua to Cabarete?

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,334 Times in 6,472 Posts

Re: Sosua to Cabarete?

Quote Originally Posted by weyland View Post
    Shouldn't be more than 300 as they will take you to Puerto Plata, which is three times the distance, for 400/500.

However I don't think publicos are allowed all the way into the airport. Whenever I have been on one they have always stopped at the barrier, leaving the passenger a five-minute walk to the terminal itself. Can anyone clarify this point?
    I've been dropped off in the airport by them before, but I do know they have to pay some sort of entrance fee to come into the airport which probably cuts into their profit.

I also was alone when I went, it was just me and a chica who came with me to the airport who rode there. I've been dropped off at the barrier too though. I think you could work something out with the driver.

You know something though, I remember staying at Seabreeze one time and usually I have stayed at Don ANtonio which is pretty close to the public taxi's across the street so I didnt really think much of this but was surprised at the riot I almost started. I had spoke to a public taxi about picking me up and bringing me to the airport, he came to seabreeze and picked me up but there were other transportation guys who were PISSEDDDD saying that my taxi KNOWSSSSS the rules that he is not to pick up anyone in this area because his turf is elsewhere. This guy who was also with someone else threatened to kill my taxi guy if they ever saw him there doing anything of that kind again...Was a little crazy because I had no idea there were turf wars...So i'm wondering if there is something similar going on with the guys who work the airport.

Regardless tho it doesnt hurt to speak to the public taxi drivers at the stop across the street from the Texaco. You could get their number and work something out with them before hand i'm sure unless the airport is now keeping them out.

This was all in 2009 so not sure how much has changed since then. And weyland I will keep those prices in mind on my next trip.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dave Diaz For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 49,149 Times in 7,404 Posts

Re: Sosua to Cabarete?

great info guys

4. The Following User Says Thank You to SeaWeed For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information