Thread: Apart-hotel Ocean Breeze

Thanks

Apart-hotel Ocean Breeze

Here's an alternative place to stay in downtown Santo Domingo. I checked it out a few weeks ago and on balance it's OK. It's located two blocks from El Conde and Pacos Restaurant, a favourite spot to watch chicas on El Conde. The rooms range from $35-45 USD a night. I stayed in the $45 version, but did not have the opportunity to view any others. It has a Queen size bed, kitchenette with cooktop and sink, satellite TV, free WiFi, nice hot shower, fridge, desk and adequate closet space for your belongings. The rooms are reminiscent of the Jaguar Apart Studios and about the same size, but approximately 30% less expensive. The pro's wouild be location and price. Pretty inexpensive for those on a budget, walking distance to El Conde, bars, restaurants etc. Definitely chica friendly, with a side entrance, but no real visible security. The TV and WiFi work great. The con's are street noise, expected with a downtown location and room size. However, they are kept very clean (every 2 days for bed linen, towels etc). In addition, there are no room safes, but you can store valuables at the front desk. So basically, if you want a place within walking distance to your favourite monger venues for less expense, I would recommend it, especially since you do not have any check in issues with your chica(s). But if you are a light sleeper, I would avoid it and stay at the Jaguar Apart Studios or elsewhere. By the way, I noticed the place is listed for sale at $695,000 for anyone with a couple bucks to throw around and want to try their hand at running a 4 storey hotel.

Here's a link to check it out:

http://www.apartstudiozonacolonial.com/
    Soy un zorro en una jauria de perros

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Downtown For This Useful Post:

3. # ADS
    Our Supporters Support our advertisers!

Thread Information