Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 09/2010 - Would you do it again.

Thanks
    Thanked 83,174 Times in 8,333 Posts

Re: Would you do it again.

Quote Originally Posted by pixall7887 View Post
    I know now why they call you the sage. Such wisdom. All this info here and i still see people write that they swear they have a good girl??? They must have real game that the rest of us don't. I bet you were suprised all six times, but less so at each passing one.
    I'll take that as a compliment

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Seville For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I'm sorry i didn't mean you guys who live here, i should have said that. I meant the guys who come a few weeks a year and expect a girl to be faithful.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pixall7887 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 19,226 Times in 3,260 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cervezalover View Post
    I live in San Christobal and electricity is a mayor problem here. We have several power blackouts a day. People who have some money buy a inversor (backup batteries) when there is no electricity. you can hear on a daily basis (no hay luz, se fue la luz, llego la luz....) there are areas in San christobal which have 24// luz but most don`t. Between 12 to 15 hours luz per day is the average in San Christobal.
    Also water (agua) is a huge problem, due to pollution you can not drink the water from the pipe in case there is any. You have to buy water which is at 25 pesos. Again on a daily basis you can hear people no hay agua, llego el agua,....
    Gracias Cervezalover. With the problems you have stated, would you do it again? How long have you live in DR and was the San Cristobal your first choice?
    I'm a Payer not a Player

6. The Following User Says Thank You to DMV For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 31,542 Times in 5,678 Posts

I'm sorry i didn't mean you guys who live here, i should have said that. I meant the guys who come a few weeks a year and expect a girl to be faithful.
    And if you're not actually living with your 'novia', regardless if you're living in DR, you're ALSO assuming she's being faithful.
    Bitch you wasn't with me shootin' in the gym ...

8. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to JuanElGriego For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 261,401 Times in 78,292 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JuanElGriego View Post
    And if you're not actually living with your 'novia', regardless if you're living in DR, you're ALSO assuming she's being faithful.

There was one living with her guy in Sosua and she would go visit mommy except she came to see me instead. You never know where they are going.

You want access to trip reports?

Google Wallet

JDRent97@gmail.com

10. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Jimmydr For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 117,702 Times in 19,855 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmydr View Post
    There was one living with her guy in Sosua and she would go visit mommy except she came to see me instead. You never know where they are going.
    It only takes 20 minutes if she knows what she's doing.
    Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.
    - Benjamin Franklin

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to greydread For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Faithful = Respect IMO.

You'll never know what a person will do and you definitely can't control some one's else emotions. Just enjoy life and be good to yourself.

As you become older, this happens less frequent, but it can still happen to anyone.

'

Damn, Jacked my thread again.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DMV For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,379 Times in 7,663 Posts

I know now why they call you the sage. Such wisdom. All this info here and i still see people write that they swear they have a good girl??? They must have real game that the rest of us don't. I bet you were surprised all six times, but less so at each passing one.
    Only one surprised me. The one thing my favoritas have in common other than a love of sex is that they are all attractive and personable. It was simply unreasonable to believe they were living the life of a nun when I was absent because those girls are lovable. Typically they would become unreachable. Being the hoe I am if I'm there on a 10 day stay and Susie's not answering her phone or can't see me because she's sick then I got more time to find new pussy. The other thing is when you're showing up only every two and half to three months if you can't reach her for two trips, by the time you get back for the third 9 months have elapsed. Throw in that possibly when you saw her last she was 1-3 months pregnant its easy to see how by the time you complete a 4 trip cycle there could be a 2-3 month old baby where there was none before. If I needed to label the my reaction to the discovery I have to label it disappointment. At least someone could have told me they were pregnant. Naw, all those chicks went into hiding.

The one time I was surprised is kind of funny. To those of you who remember my epic trip report of a few years back I refer to my longest term favorita as "La Vieja". I've known this women since 2003. If there's a woman on that island that loves me she is it. La Vieja turned 30 this year so there's no way I would expect her to get pregnant. I usually see her 1 or 2 days per visit. She has a WU novio so sometimes things don't work out and she can't show up. She lives in the Cibao valley. She takes the bus to Sosua. At the time in question I'm enjoying an extended stay on the island. She's coming up maybe once a month. Novio was in town the month before so when she arrives at the apartment I've not seen her in about 10 weeks. She arrives and she's chubby. I don't like this at all. She stays two days. We stay mostly in the apartment because she doesn't have a lot of energy and I'm not all that thrilled about the crew seeing her in less than her usual radiant self. Now any one else I would have thought "pregnant", but not La Vieja she's gone all these years without managing to get caught so the thought doesn't even cross my mind.

Over the next few months I'm ducking her. I wasn't real happy with her appearance or her lethargy during the last visit. She's not calling me. I'm not calling her. This goes on for about four months. Finally we talk. She apologizes for not calling saying she's had issues with her novio. I ask her up. Fat or not she's my bud and I want to spend some time with her. I had also put on a little weigh so it would be two chubbies hanging out. She declines saying this is not the right time for her to visit. No problem. I go simply dive in to all the distractions Sosua has to offer. She calls me a few months later to say hello. I ask her up. She says she would love to visit, but right now she doesn't have anyone to watch the baby. I'm like WTF you don't have any kids. "Yes I do I have a new son". Stop fucking with me. "I'm serious I have a son who is three months old" I give up at this time thinking I'm just the victim of some elaborate prank. She agrees to come up in two weeks. Okay. I thinking I'm going to give her a really hard time for lying to me when I see her. Two weeks later she shows up at the apartment. She shows me a picture of a baby of about 3 months old. I'm like stop playing with me that could be anybodies baby. She goes okay strips off her clothes and shows me her cesarian scar. I was flabbergasted. I couldn't think of anything to say. I can't remember when I had been that surprised. That was almost 2 years ago. I still find it difficult to accept she has a baby.

16. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to The Sage For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DMV View Post
    Gracias Cervezalover. With the problems you have stated, would you do it again? How long have you live in DR and was the San Cristobal your first choice?
    I have been here for almost a year now. I am working for an international hotel chain and they offered me a job in Santo Domingo.
    My mom is from Spain and she owns some property in San Christobal and when i had time during my highschool time or university time i spent my vacaction time in San Christobal so i know some people here.
    My company offered me an apartment in Santo Domingo as well.
    By the time you get used to all the issues, luz is not a problem for me as i have backup batteries, water is an issue at least sometimes.
    My biggest problem is driving back home at night i absolutely hate this, fucked up streets, motos without any light on appears out of nowhere, drunk drivers, police checkpoints ( you never know if they are real cops) among other issues.
    I live in an average dominican neighbourhood so crime is also a problem and at least for me it is very hard to make real friends ( you will always be the rich outsider).

18. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to cervezalover For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 5,063 Times in 1,733 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by The Sage View Post
    I want to clarify this. i'm not talking about indiscriminately selling sex on the street or in the club. What I'm talking about is a chick going to a friend who she knows, knows guys who like meeting "new girls" or a neighbor choosing to make her presence and availability known to you. Once you get over the initial hurdle your name gets put on their go to list when they need something. In my view this is the only way to operate if you were living on the island outside of monger central. Who needs putas when you got an unlimited number of regular girls in you potential pool of lovers.

There is a lot of that going on but 85% sounds a bit on the high side. Even if counting chicas that pretty much stick to one "sponsor" I think 85% is high.
    Whatever the number is it is certainly high enough to be a good thing!

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to prtyr2 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by prtyr2 View Post
    There is a lot of that going on but 85% sounds a bit on the high side. Even if counting chicas that pretty much stick to one "sponsor" I think 85% is high.
    Prtyr2, You've been in DR for a while. Would like to know if you would do it all again.

What about the other countries? Let's hear from ya.
    Last edited by DMV; 10-05-2010 at 09:12 AM.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 84,369 Times in 13,904 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by prtyr2 View Post
    I'm with you, I don't go for the 85%. Too high.

Not only that, but there's a TON of those kind of chicas that may come to you when they've got a problem, but they're not thinking that it's going to be a "Oh, I'll suck his dick, and he'll give me some money" type of thing.

There ain't THAT many "Friends with benefits"......
    If you think it's love try not paying in the morning..

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many."

23. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MrHappy For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Now, now fellows. My guesstamate of 80% was nothing more than a generalization meant to encompass the outside of the spectrum and garner interest with just a bit of sensationalism. Even if reality was only 50% that still would be an astounding number. Based on your many year's of experience there what would be your estimate of the pool of women open to that type of understanding if faced with a seemingly insurmountable financial issue?

25. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to The Sage For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Now, now fellows. My guesstamate of 80% was nothing more than a generalization meant to encompass the outside of the spectrum and garner interest with just a bit of sensationalism. Even if reality was only 50% that still would be an astounding number. Based on your many year's of experience there what would be your estimate of the pool of women open to that type of understanding if faced with a seemingly insurmountable financial issue?
    umm..... 85%.. Wahaahahahahahahaha

No, really, I'd make a guesstimate of less than half that much. I've met a ton of girls that have needed money, and most were not interested in trading money for sex, even for a one shot deal.

There's not too many insurmoutable issues that they get into.

Not only that, but if a girl I know comes to me with a life threatening problem, like a baby being seriously ill, I'd feel pretty low suggesting she give me some toto in exchange for money.

27. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MrHappy For This Useful Post:

San Felipe de Puerto Plata, La Republica Dominicana
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MrHappy View Post
    umm..... 85%.. Wahaahahahahahahaha

No, really, I'd make a guesstimate of less than half that much.
    We all know that 82.37% of all quoted statistics are invented spontaneously in the spur of the moment. Read accordingly.

29. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to terrierist For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Okay, so we go from 8 who might consider it to 4-5 that actually will. Don't know about you'll, but I like those numbers.

Quick story. Daughter of the current novia of one of my street aquaitances comes to the apartment looking to borrow 3000 pesos for an apartment. Supposedly there was some friction between her and her mother's novio arising from him showing a sexual interest in her. At this point I got nothing going on with this chick. I explain how I couldn't possibly give her 3000 pesos since I barely knew her. She accepts this and ask how much can I give her. I say 1500 pesos, take her hand and lead her to the bedroom. She protests, "I'm not a puta". Understood and with me as your only customer you still won't be when you leave. This doesn't move her. I explain how I don't loan money out becuase no one here ever pays you back. Oh no she says I'm different. Okay, but I would be more comfortable if we simply exchanged favors and you would not have to repay me. She thinks about this for ten seconds then replys "I can't do anything because I'm on my period". I'm tired of this conversation and not feeling good about my intentions. I'm starting to feel I'm trying to turn her into something she's not. So I say "I can't loan you 1500, but I will loan you 500. If you pay me back on Saturday like you have promise then in the future I will help you when I can. She's thrilled and thanks me profusely telling me I will see she's not like the others.

Saturday rolls around she doesn't call. Two days later I see her at Flow she won't look at me. I'm thinking "no problem it was to be expected". I leave at that. Two weeks later she's hanging out with one of the vets entertaining two European gentelmen. My "I'm not a puta" is now in the business. I mentally kick myself for falling for her bullshit and anoint her as the last dominicana I will ever loan money to. They have a choice work or don't get paid,

31. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to The Sage For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 16,394 Times in 2,280 Posts

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: Every girl here has a dick she's in love with, attached to some worthless piece of shit who's only interest is to get her pregnant, and add another kid he won't support to his list of trophies.

From the time they hit 12-13 yrs old(and less) girls here feel the irresistible urge to get that dick inside of them, and give that worthless piece of shit what he wants.

Problem is, they think they're in love. He sure as hell ain't.

This is the gringo gospel right here.

33. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DCIronman For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Okay, so we go from 8 who might consider it to 4-5 that actually will. Don't know about you'll, but I like those numbers.

Quick story. Daughter of the current novia of one of my street aquaitances comes to the apartment looking to borrow 3000 pesos for an apartment. Supposedly there was some friction between her and her mother's novio arising from him showing a sexual interest in her. At this point I got nothing going on with this chick. I explain how I couldn't possibly give her 3000 pesos since I barely knew her. She accepts this and ask how much can I give her. I say 1500 pesos, take her hand and lead her to the bedroom. She protests, "I'm not a puta". Understood and with me as your only customer you still won't be when you leave. This doesn't move her. I explain how I don't loan money out becuase no one here ever pays you back. Oh no she says I'm different. Okay, but I would be more comfortable if we simply exchanged favors and you would not have to repay me. She thinks about this for ten seconds then replys "I can't do anything because I'm on my period". I'm tired of this conversation and not feeling good about my intentions. I'm starting to feel I'm trying to turn her into something she's not. So I say "I can't loan you 1500, but I will loan you 500. If you pay me back on Saturday like you have promise then in the future I will help you when I can. She's thrilled and thanks me profusely telling me I will see she's not like the others.

Saturday rolls around she doesn't call. Two days later I see her at Flow she won't look at me. I'm thinking "no problem it was to be expected". I leave at that. Two weeks later she's hanging out with one of the vets entertaining two European gentelmen. My "I'm not a puta" is now in the business. I mentally kick myself for falling for her bullshit and anoint her as the last dominicana I will ever loan money to. They have a choice work or don't get paid,
    The sooner one learns how to sympathetically say no to any and every request for money, the better off they'll be.

Ask any Dominican, and they'll be the first to tell you there is no such thing as loaning money, unless it's a bank, and the loan is guaranteed.

You won't find a Dominican that will loan money.

35. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MrHappy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 31,542 Times in 5,678 Posts

So first she turns down 1500 for a blowjob and then ruined a potentially good relationship by not returning a measly 500 pesos.

She skips 'Go' and goes right to "stupid bitch HOF".

37. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to JuanElGriego For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,331 Times in 571 Posts

The sooner one learns how to sympathetically say no to any and every request for money, the better off they'll be.

Ask any Dominican, and they'll be the first to tell you there is no such thing as loaning money, unless it's a bank, and the loan is guaranteed.

You won't find a Dominican that will loan money.
    Sure they do. Interest rates start at about 25%. And those are the legit banks.

"Finance houses" (often fronts for other, more interesting businesses) charge those rates per month.

As a rule, I only give loans to people using money I more or less write off as a gift. That way, if it comes back, it's a nice surprise.

Needless to say, the number of people who fit into the "qualified" category is an astonishingly small one, and only one is Dominican. And she gets upset if we don't smash four times a day when I'm in town.

39. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to husl2001 For This Useful Post:

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information