Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: 09/2010 - Would you do it again.

Thanks
    Thanked 16,394 Times in 2,280 Posts

Re: Would you do it again.

Quote Originally Posted by JuanElGriego View Post
    I'm surprised someone who lives down there such as yourself, Mr. Happy, would paint them all with the same broad brush.

Surely you know there are tons of Dominicanas who come from middle and upper middle class homes who never deal with 'tigueres' on any level and would have no use for them if they came across them. These women associate with men in the same (or higher) economic bracket as themselves, and while they may desire to be in love and want some dick just like a campo chica, it's not with a "worthless piece of shit", as you described ... unless you're implying all Dominican men are worthless pieces of shit, which i doubt you are.
    I hear you. But how many gringo mongers come into contact with middle to upper class dominicanas? They don't usually frequent the tourist areas. And most don't go out of their way to meet gringo tourist men.

I'd say that Mr. Happy's adage holds fairly true for most of the chicas that the average gringo monger is likely to come into contact with.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to DCIronman For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,331 Times in 571 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DCIronman View Post
    I hear you. But how many gringo mongers come into contact with middle to upper class dominicanas? They don't usually frequent the tourist areas. And most don't go out of their way to meet gringo tourist men.

I'd say that Mr. Happy's adage holds fairly true for most of the chicas that the average gringo monger is likely to come into contact with.
    Agreed, but would add that most steer clear of regular gringos, too, as they operate off the presumption that a gringo is a monger until proven otherwise.

Sure, Dominicans do the same thing, but men and women tend to be much, much more discreet.

Which is partly why their definition of "faithful" = doing nothing to bring shame to your spouse or your family. Thus, the ubiquitous presence of the casa/cabana/referral/"beeper chica" culture.

Investing ten bux for four hours of near-total discretion goes a long way.

That point may be lost on guys who post pics on the Internet of themselves biting asses and smashing, and shots at Passions that include guys on the other side of the bar who'd rather not be photographed in Sosua.

4. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to husl2001 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 19,226 Times in 3,260 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by The Sage View Post
    I mentally kick myself for falling for her bullshit and anoint her as the last dominicana I will ever loan money to. They have a choice work or don't get paid,

I wouldn't kick myself. I don't see anything wrong with giving someone money if your intentions are truly to help. Now when we start to look for something in exchange is when we start to feel duped.

I still have compassion for people in need, but I'm not a sucker.
    If it looks like a Ho, walks like a Ho and talks like a Ho, it's probably a Ho.

If I every gave money to someone, man or woman and they didn't use it for what it was intended, then it's on them and it will come back haunt them.

As Mr. Happy stated I would feel low as shit if a chica really needed money for an emergency and I would give it to them only if they would suck my dick.
    Last edited by DMV; 10-05-2010 at 05:28 PM.
    I'm a Payer not a Player

6. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to DMV For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,379 Times in 7,663 Posts

Depends on the emergency

An example:

I have a friend who I met early in her career. She was trying her best at being a puta, but she was a bit too timid and way too square for the job. None-the-less in my view she was and still is one of the more attractive chicas to visit Clasicos. I take her out one evening and over the course of the next couple of months we develop an ongoing sexual relationship. My own little diamond in the rough She's at the apartment about two days a week. Always stays until the next afternoon. When we're not sleeping we're fucking. From time to time she has a family emergency. Her baby is in Santiago with mom and pop. She is the sole breadwinner. I fall into the habit of pre-paying (her suggestion), for often the emergency takes place during the day or when I don't have time to see her. We bounce along like this everything's cool. Without much luck she's still trying to build a career in the disco. So we're going at it one night and her phone rings. She puts her finger to her lips and points at the phone. She spends the next 20 minutes. Yes, 20 minutes talking to some cat who knows ten words of Spanish. Lucky for him she speaks a little English. Mercifully it ends. I ask, who was that? She says, "my novio". Whooa!!!! This is news to me. Where did you find a novio? Oh, in the disco. He's from NYC. How long have you known him? Hmmm, 2 weeks. I’ve had enough of this shit. I get back to my business.

I'm walking her to PC the next afternoon to catch a moto home. Before we can get to the corner she tells me "I can't walk with you any further because my novio has friends in town and I don't want them to see me with you". I'm thinking WTF. I been bailing this hoe out of shit for months and now she doesn't want to be seen with me. I don't raise a fuss. I know she needs sponsor, which is a role I hadn’t been willing to fill.

A week later I get a frantic text. She needs 2,200 pesos. The family had purchased and consumed tainted water. Everyone including the baby is sick with dysentery. I ask, "what about your boyfriend". I can't ask him. I have already asked for too much. This is a new relationship. I agree to a "loan" on our normal terms. Nice escapes me. She’s unwittingly been pissing me off a little bit at a time. Though it was 700 pesos more than "my rate" I would have only held her to 1 session. No that was not in the cards, I was perturbed about the new novio and her behavior in that regard so I say okay, but that's two visits sin dinero. Her response, "no problema muchas gracias.

A couple of weeks pass. I’m too busy to collect on her debt. I’m chillin in Clasicos in the “roost” with my buddy. In walks my amiga new boyfriend in hand. I’m thinking, “there goes my rep and now I got to hear shit from my friends”. She walks by us without so much as a smile. I see her later in the evening alone coming from the bano and she pretends I don’t exist. This chick is in debt to me for two TLNs, I've saved her family from illness and she doesn’t have the courtesy to at least smile???? I’m not pissed I’m incensed. I send her an evil text the next day. Synopsis – “I don’t want to see you again and you can keep the money”. Some shit jut ain’t cool.

Six months elapses. Eventually we’re on limited speaking terms. During this time I observe her increase her puta prowess. The wardrobe gets spiffier. The hair is always done. She even found a little rhythm. Now she has customers. She’s on the cusp of entering the puta first tier.

Sitting around Clasicos one boring weekday evening. It’s one of those nights where there are 30 chicks, 5 male tourist, and 10 expats. My amiga is there looking delectable without a potential customer in sight. Okay I got nothing better to do. I buy her a beer. An hour later I walk over to her say vamanos and off we go. Almost the first thing she says after entering the apartment “Sage, you’re going to have to pay me more money this time”. Expected. She has moved up in the ranks. We agree on 2K. The first session is as great as always. I wake up at 11:00 expecting a repeat. She heads to the shower. I'm not alarmed this is something she does. To my surprise instead of returning to bed she starts to get dressed pleading a family commitment. She says this with a little smirk on her face. I’m irritated. She extracted 500 pesos over our “normal” price and in my mind only delivered on half the job. You live and you learn. I walk her to the door and off she goes, victorious.

Two weeks later I get a text. It basically says – Can you help me. I haven’t had a customer in 4 days and I don’t have food or water. Anything you can give me I’d appreciate. I chose not to respond. She made a decision when she was with me to treat me like a customer. I simply followed her lead. A customer would ignore that type of text. I saw her about a week and a half after this. We shared a hola and a hug. She gave me a sheepish grin. Nothing was said about the text. What could she say? She knew she was reaching when she asked. Her little victory at the apartment a few weeks earlier had come back to haunt her.

This isn’t the first incident I’ve had of this type. The Dominicans I tend to interact with seem to believe in the end justifies the means. I don’t care what the darn story is. If I’m not in a position to collaborate it I assume it’s either an out and out lie or an exaggeration. Yeah, you’re going to come off as a heel on occasion, but it kind of beats constantly being a sucker. The ironic thing is in the Dominican pyche the “heel” is held in much higher esteem that the “sucker”.

8. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to The Sage For This Useful Post:

Thanks

If I’m not in a position to collaborate it I assume it’s either an out and out lie or an exaggeration. Yeah, you’re going to come off as a heel on occasion, but it kind of beats constantly being a sucker. The ironic thing is in the Dominican pyche the “heel” is held in much higher esteem that the “sucker”.
    Sounds like you were dealing with a Ho and you knew that. Seems like you were just trying to see if you could put her on retainer. This was not a loan.

I think someone else said it best, only loan money that you don't expect to get back. If you think they are not being honest with their request for a "Loan" then why give it to them.

Hos, Putas, are what every you want to call them are in the profession of deception. Their job is to separate you from your money any way they can. You know this going in. Play by the rules and you will not get pissed.

This doesn't mean become a harden, no feeling, strictly business monger like some of the chicas. Just have fun and learn to say, "Lo siento, no puedo" I love that word puedo
    Last edited by DMV; 10-06-2010 at 03:32 PM.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to DMV For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I've been going to that island for 8.5 years. I have known literally hundreds of women. In all that time I have had three requests for money that where legitimate emergencies. All the rest were essentially of the help me out with my life variety. Outside of guys that are sending money my guess is I'm probably one of the more generous members with the girls. Believe it or not until this year I did not know the word in Spanish for borrow (prestado). When I chose to grant a request for assistance I do it as a gift though there is an underlying understanding that we will continue fucking (I'm no saint). Recently a favorita lost her apartment due to a roommate leaving. She called me asking for a gift of 3,000 pesos. This is the way she put it "Honey I have been staying at the hotel (she works in a hotel) for the past 3 weeks because we lost the apartment when Maria moved out. I have found another one, but don't have money for the deposit. Can you please give me 3,000 pesos for this. I know you don't have much money so if you can not help me I will understand". She had her deposit by the end of the day. Unfortunately she insisted, on my last visit, that I stay the night in the place. I politely declined.

12. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to The Sage For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 261,405 Times in 78,293 Posts

I've been going to that island for 8.5 years. I have known literally hundreds of women. In all that time I have had three requests for money that where legitimate emergencies. All the rest were essentially of the help me out with my life variety. Outside of guys that are sending money my guess is I'm probably one of the more generous members with the girls. Believe it or not until this year I did not know the word in Spanish for borrow (prestado). If chose to grant a request for assistance I do it as a gift though there is an underlying understanding that we will continue fucking (I'm no saint).

Saint Sage has a nice ring to it.

You want access to trip reports?

Google Wallet

JDRent97@gmail.com

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Jimmydr For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 31,542 Times in 5,678 Posts

Just want to say how much i appreciate all the stories Sage shares with the board.

Like i told a friend, other people are quick to brag about their conquests but keep things real quiet when they've admittedly slipped up here and there in this game of ours.

Much respect and the intel is invaluable, Sage.
    Bitch you wasn't with me shootin' in the gym ...

16. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to JuanElGriego For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 261,405 Times in 78,293 Posts

Just want to say how much i appreciate all the stories Sage shares with the board.

Like i told a friend, other people are quick to brag about their conquests but keep things real quiet when they've admittedly slipped up here and there in this game of ours.

Sage wants to fit in, so he is making up much of the slip ups. He is smooth. Keep in mind there are a few other real smooth guys here, but they will never admit to it.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jimmydr For This Useful Post:

Thanks

That's why I enjoy the reports that tell the good and bad. I try to do that with my reports even if they come off boring.

20. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to DMV For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 33,954 Times in 10,160 Posts

Amen to that, brother!

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gdogg For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Juan, anyone who's chose to recognize another human being (some guys are incapable of doing this) on the otherwise of the P4P encounter then decided to engage a in a relationship (no matter how lightweight), has a story to share. Guys though tend to indulge in braggadocio to mask their real feelings. To each his own. In that regard I take pride in not having a picture of my dick on this site. lol

24. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to The Sage For This Useful Post:

Thanks

In that regard I take pride in not having a picture of my dick on this site. lol
    I hear ya! I would never have...uh oh, hold up...gpupp's unblocked image is still lingering here in some trip reports. Never mind...

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I once let an amiga take a picture of junior with her cell phone camera. It became her portable peep show. I think she showed it to all her female friends and acquaintances. I was actually with her a couple of times when she did this. I had to grin since I had already bared it.
    Last edited by The Sage; 10-06-2010 at 03:01 PM.

27. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to The Sage For This Useful Post:

Thanks

This reminds me of a funny thing i heard on the radio this morning. The hosts asked the listeners to rate themselves in bed and everyone who called in rated themselves a 9 or 10. Then near the end one guy calls in and calls out everyones bullshit. I love guys who keep it real. I'd hate to hear that question answered here. Thanks for keepin it real Sage.

29. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to pixall7887 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I know this is mostly a DR site, but where are the guys living or have lived in other countires? I still would like to hear more about those in DR.

Hey, are any of you guys using slingbox?

Thanks
    Thanked 7,134 Times in 2,768 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DMV View Post
    That's why I enjoy the reports that tell the good and bad. I try to do that with my reports even if they come off boring.

I do the same, and usually there's one or two that chirp, but good or bad, it's all part of the process and perfect I'm not.

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Klockman For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 72,262 Times in 11,768 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by steviewonder View Post
    But one thing hasn’t changed over the last 4 yrs for me is the concern I have in the drop off numbers of sex visitors that visit here and the impact it has. I’m not the local gringo who is shy about being in Sosua and POP 4-6nights a wk. and every colmado in between. When I see the lack of visitors at night and the domino affect it has on this economy, it does concern me. Especially when you consider that 99.5% of the sex trade in Sosua is done in an area that is less than the length of a football field and at the same time creates so many other jobs and opportunities for locals that I have come in contact with.
    I recognized early on that we punters are a 'Renewable Resource', but I really hadn't put the math together on the domino effect till I read this. Not just the money we pay the putas, but the hotels we fill, the Presidentes we buy, the business we represent in the restaurants and bars ... hell, would I have come to Sosua last week for the diving alone?

And then there are the girls who come from outside Sosua looking for a steady flow of 'pappi' money - cf. the Santiago Sisters, for one particular and notorious example. They need places to stay and vendedores to sell them their arroz y pollo, too, and that puts money back into the local economy as well.

So we are actually performing a pubic good - ahh, pubLic good!

34. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Westy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 6,363 Times in 867 Posts

I have no regrets. It's been more than a year living in the DR. I would do it again in a heart beat.

I do sometimes miss Medellin, but I could always take a trip there for a change of pace. Brazil is still on my bucket list as well and I really enjoyed Thailand, but the DR will always be my home base. Funny thing is, I probably visit Puerto Plata and Sosua less now than when I lived in the states lol.

36. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to el_papi_chew_low For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by el_papi_chew_low View Post
    I have no regrets. It's been more than a year living in the DR. I would do it again in a heart beat.

I do sometimes miss Medellin, but I could always take a trip there for a change of pace. Brazil is still on my bucket list as well and I really enjoyed Thailand, but the DR will always be my home base. Funny thing is, I probably visit Puerto Plata and Sosua less now than when I lived in the states lol.
    Congrats! Where are you living now?

38. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gdogg For This Useful Post:

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread Information