Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: RIPPED OFF/ROBBED AT NEW GARDEN

Thanks

Re: RIPPED OFF/ROBBED AT NEW GARDEN

Quote Originally Posted by 8orBetter View Post
    New Garden will always be under the gun. I thinks it's because everyone wants things PERFECT.

If someones French Toast isn't cooked correctly it is a big scandal.

But the guy that got his shit stolen as he was sleeping in his own room was a bit over the top.

is that a bad joke

Thanks

Checked in yesterday at New Garden and then read all this thread. Holy shit. I was in the new wing and there is no security at all. It's a joke. Obviously been designed and run by people that have no concept of safety at all. It's hardly surprising complaints have fallen on deaf ears they just don't get it at all.

My room had the most flimsy lock on the main door you've ever seen. I'm sure any body passing by could fall into the room just by leaning on the door. The room safe is bolted to the very small wooden bedside table. You can pick this table up with one hand and walk around with it. And the sliding doors are anothe joke. There is a lock on one end and a flimsy catch on the other end. Except on my door the flimsy catch had fallen off so there was no catch at all. Room totally open to all and sundry.

I checked out after only one night whilst my possessions were all still mine.

I hope the owner takes this post (and thread) the right way and uses it as an enlightenment to make his hotel a better place. I feel very sorry for the BM who was robbed.

Incedently I transferred to the Terra Linda and can report that it is lovely hotel. The internet works in the rooms. I think this was a previous problem but is now fixed. And they have girls around the pool which are available for fucking which is exactly what I did. Same price as New garden. Room is probably not much different but the whole place feels so much more secure and the pool area is much better.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,973 Times in 2,414 Posts

Exactly how much r they charging u at the terra Linda just walking in off
    The road? Did u tell the NG hotel why you wer checking out early so they would take note as to why they were losing a customer so soon?

Quote Originally Posted by Bigsmile View Post
    Checked in yesterday at New Garden and then read all this thread. Holy shit. I was in the new wing and there is no security at all. It's a joke. Obviously been designed and run by people that have no concept of safety at all. It's hardly surprising complaints have fallen on deaf ears they just don't get it at all.

My room had the most flimsy lock on the main door you've ever seen. I'm sure any body passing by could fall into the room just by leaning on the door. The room safe is bolted to the very small wooden bedside table. You can pick this table up with one hand and walk around with it. And the sliding doors are anothe joke. There is a lock on one end and a flimsy catch on the other end. Except on my door the flimsy catch had fallen off so there was no catch at all. Room totally open to all and sundry.

I hope the owner takes this post (and thread) the right way and uses it as an enlightenment to make his hotel a better place. I feel very sorry for the BM who was robbed.

Incedently I transferred to the Terra Linda and can report that it is lovely hotel. The internet works in the rooms. I think this was a previous problem but is now fixed. And they have girls around the pool which are available for fucking which is exactly what I did. Same price as New garden. Room is probably not much different but the whole place feels so much more secure and the pool area is much better.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to LJDMV For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 164,729 Times in 30,460 Posts

thanks for your post

ps;
    please don't wait 45 months for your next post

pss; don't take that the wrong way either as i lurked for a long time before i started posting.....just not that long
    you only live once, but if you live it right once is enough

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to whynotme For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,237 Times in 569 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by whynotme View Post
    thanks for your post

ps;
    please don't wait 45 months for your next post

pss; don't take that the wrong way either as i lurked for a long time before i started posting.....just not that long
    I don't know I have seen few guys last couple weeks start to post get flamed then not post anymore.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mr Hillbilly For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 83,174 Times in 8,333 Posts

Talked to Wilfried today. He has a good game plan for really upgrading security and he said Lorenzo is now coming around and has taken an interest. One thing Wilfried wants to do is have the reception desk manned 24/7. Hope he succeeds with that one. Of course upgrading all the door and window locks is also on the program. There are other things he has on the agenda that I won't mention here but suffice it to say that Wilfried is very concerned and doing all he can to have Lorenzo implement the changes. Wilfried is on OUR side. The emails from members complaing and expressing their concerns have been a big help to him.

10. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Seville For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 4,909 Times in 1,445 Posts

I don't know I have seen few guys last couple weeks start to post get flamed then not post anymore.

I got flamed and still here posting.

But some cant take it, only like to give.
    Putas are like lottery tickets, sometimes you get a winner sometimes you get a loser.

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to vewdew For This Useful Post:

Thanks

My walk in rate at the Terra Linda is $69. The same as their internet rate. I tried all the usual bargaining tools, cash, cash in advance, 6 days not 1 day, empty hotel etc etc and got no discount!

I have received an email from Wilfried and now understand that he is aware of the problems. I wish him good luck in his programme of improvements.

For those wondering why it took me 4 years to make first post I’ll explain. I joined the forum just before my first trip to the DR in 2007 and for various reasons have not been here again since. Just lurking in the background. So you can see I would have had nothing useful to say.

14. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Bigsmile For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Did u try staying at the new garden hotel? 69 is more than the rate for the Ng in the new wing.

My walk in rate at the Terra Linda is $69. The same as their internet rate. I tried all the usual bargaining tools, cash, cash in advance, 6 days not 1 day, empty hotel etc etc and got no discount!

I have received an email from Wilfried and now understand that he is aware of the problems. I wish him good luck in his programme of improvements.

For those wondering why it took me 4 years to make first post I’ll explain. I joined the forum just before my first trip to the DR in 2007 and for various reasons have not been here again since. Just lurking in the background. So you can see I would have had nothing useful to say.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,237 Times in 569 Posts

Bigsmile if you stay at Terra Linda make sure you get first floor double queen room the King Bed rooms aren't very nice.

PS Just because you don't travel as much as others doesn't mean your not worthy of posting.

17. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Mr Hillbilly For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 31,542 Times in 5,678 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Robert13212 View Post
    Talked to Wilfried today. He has a good game plan for really upgrading security and he said Lorenzo is now coming around and has taken an interest.
    Bitch you wasn't with me shootin' in the gym ...

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JuanElGriego For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,936 Times in 6,484 Posts

Bigsmile if you stay at Terra Linda make sure you get first floor double queen room the King Bed rooms aren't very nice.

PS Just because you don't travel as much as others doesn't mean your not worthy of posting.
    Also, look into the corner king rooms also.

21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to hugrad95a For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 7,115 Times in 1,244 Posts

I trust that Wilfried will get it squared away and make the necessary changes to ensure that NG will remain a "hot spot." I hate that people have had a bad experience. Other than cash and my passport, I never take anything that would bother me if it were lifted.
    Beach Whore...looking for MORE!!

23. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to runmemphis For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 4,941 Times in 691 Posts

They really should improve the door lock. When you get the key it feels like you have a key for a 5 $ plastic box safe.

Another thing: The TVs in the new wing are WAY too old, even for the DR! I was really surprised when I saw the same shitty 4:3 TV the first time I stayed in the new wing. Of course, who needs a TV in Sosua? But, I don't think that this should be a reason for a cheap TV.

You have to remember that 62 $ for a night in the DR is mucho mucho dinero. They should act really quick on the safety issues. I stayed for 3 nights in room 40 or 41 (I don't know exactly which room #, it was the one at the end) on my last trip and I felt very uncomfortable with that outside door I couldn't lock. That room sucked and they should be ashamed to charge that kind of money for a room with such a safety issue. When I read about that room and that this problem exists for at least one year, omg. I was glad that I could move to another room...

Anyway, it's a great hotel with a very good manager. Just my 2 pesos!

25. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to adios For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by adios View Post
    They really should improve the door lock. When you get the key it feels like you have a key for a 5 $ plastic box safe.

Another thing: The TVs in the new wing are WAY too old, even for the DR! I was really surprised when I saw the same shitty 4:3 TV the first time I stayed in the new wing. Of course, who needs a TV in Sosua? But, I don't think that this should be a reason for a cheap TV.

You have to remember that 62 $ for a night in the DR is mucho mucho dinero. They should act really quick on the safety issues. I stayed for 3 nights in room 40 or 41 (I don't know exactly which room #, it was the one at the end) on my last trip and I felt very uncomfortable with that outside door I couldn't lock. That room sucked and they should be ashamed to charge that kind of money for a room with such a safety issue. When I read about that room and that this problem exists for at least one year, omg. I was glad that I could move to another room...

Anyway, it's a great hotel with a very good manager. Just my 2 pesos!
    Send them an email so they have another complaint on record about that room and the door locks there.

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LJDMV For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 13,676 Times in 4,820 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LJDMV View Post
    Did u try staying at the new garden hotel? 69 is more than the rate for the Ng in the new wing.
    Only by like 6 or 7 bucks and Terra Linda offers a really nice breakfast with more options. They had him with the walk in, you can get a cheaper rate emailing them. I inquired about a one week stay and was quoted $59 per night cheaper than NG's newer rooms.

29. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mikelodge For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mikelodge View Post
    Only by like 6 or 7 bucks and Terra Linda offers a really nice breakfast with more options. They had him with the walk in, you can get a cheaper rate emailing them. I inquired about a one week stay and was quoted $59 per night cheaper than NG's newer rooms.

59 a night with tax and breakfast included?

31. The Following User Says Thank You to LJDMV For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,336 Times in 6,473 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Peruchonyc View Post
    thanks for the heads up on this problem... i have never stayed at the new garden but you are not the only one being robbed in this hotel in the pas month..I hope they are doing something to fix this problem...At the seabreeze they do not let anyone inside unless they are staying there or have someone staying there...the girls can not leave the hotel if they are not walked out by yourlsef...meaning you have to give em the go ahead for them to release their IDs....I never had a problem at the seabreeze and always felt safe...i went back even when they had that lil problem with the safes.........
    That is true, Seabreeze does have the girls leave their IDs at the front desk. I remember I had a chica who i was with for a while, and she had left her bag in my room. I took another chica and i was in a session with her when I heard a knock at my door, it was the girl who works the reception area telling me that there was a girl who said that she left something in my room and was requesting to come up, she wanted to know if this girl could be let up.

Now thats awesome. At some places you'll have a chica just walk right in and upstairs if its early enough. I did appreciate that and i'm just commenting on that just in case someone else finds that information Valueable.

Big Smile, dont feel as if your opinions and experiences hold no weight on the forum. Everyone has something to contribute here and we all have different experiences. Its always good to share and get feedback. And when you put it out in the open on the board here you get responses from veteran mongers and newer ones just trying to feel the land out. In the end we are all about making our next trips better ones.

33. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Dave Diaz For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 5,365 Times in 1,005 Posts

Omar doesnt work at NG anymore, did the robberies have something to do with it? i saw him in Sosua and he said he doesnt work there anymore bc he is moving to NY...hmmm
    "Square players get played, pimps get paid, macks persuade"

"Trust me…never buy a depreciating asset. If it drives, flies, floats or f*cks - lease it!"

Thanks
    Thanked 44,288 Times in 7,548 Posts

Are you back in Sosua now Chief???
    The best thing about an ass, is when it is sitting on my face!!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information