Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: RIPPED OFF/ROBBED AT NEW GARDEN

Thanks
    Thanked 2,772 Times in 686 Posts

Re: RIPPED OFF/ROBBED AT NEW GARDEN

i remember 2 years ago omar was telling me he was trying to go to ny to live with his mom

Quote Originally Posted by ChiefJustice View Post
    Omar doesnt work at NG anymore, did the robberies have something to do with it? i saw him in Sosua and he said he doesnt work there anymore bc he is moving to NY...hmmm
    welcome to the fraternity, *morgan freeman voice*

Thanks
    Thanked 4,909 Times in 1,445 Posts

So over a month went by and noone else is complaining of being robbed, So I guess the problem is or been handled.
    Putas are like lottery tickets, sometimes you get a winner sometimes you get a loser.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,365 Times in 1,005 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo44 View Post
    Are you back in Sosua now Chief???
    only in my dreams...i was referring to when i saw him whn i was there 2 wks ago...
    "Square players get played, pimps get paid, macks persuade"

"Trust me…never buy a depreciating asset. If it drives, flies, floats or f*cks - lease it!"

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,920 Times in 2,853 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by vewdew View Post
    So over a month went by and noone else is complaining of being robbed, So I guess the problem is or been handled.
    Is the problem fixed? If it is, Plaso should chime in and this running bad press thread can be closed.

Never stayed there myself, but I do like their crepes.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,313 Times in 734 Posts

I just left the Garden. The security is definately walking around alot more at night and cameras have been installed.

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to gmalet For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 4,909 Times in 1,445 Posts

I guess the man lived up to is promise

Thanks
    Thanked 72,279 Times in 11,773 Posts

During my stay (Oct 18-21) they replaced the locks and added deadbolts to rooms #41 and 42. I didn't look at any other doors, but I'd be confident they all have new locks and deadbolts as well.

I didn't observe that they did anything about the patio doors, though, but all you'd need there is a length of broomstick to lay in the inside track. So simple that even I could do it.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Westy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 13,676 Times in 4,820 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Westy View Post
    During my stay (Oct 18-21) they replaced the locks and added deadbolts to rooms #41 and 42. I didn't look at any other doors, but I'd be confident they all have new locks and deadbolts as well.

I didn't observe that they did anything about the patio doors, though, but all you'd need there is a length of broomstick to lay in the inside track. So simple that even I could do it.
    Note to self pack a broom stick for future trips

I would bet Wilfried has that figured out but it would be nice to hear from him.

While waiting I will share a funny story related to this subject to not fully thread jack this topic that should really be put to rest by Plaso so it can go away.

Here goes put down your drink before you spill it.

This young man says to his Dad that he really wants a woman and thinks it is time he have sex. The Father says son go out in the field to that old Oak Tree and hump that knot hole for the rest of the day.

That evening the son returns and the Father asks if he is cured. The son says well I am tired but I still want a woman to have sex with.

The next day the father has him repeat and that night same thing so being they live way out on a farm the Father says ok son tomorrow when I get done in the city I will try to find you one.

So the Father brings home a Prostitute and tells his Son to take her in his room. The Father reads the paper quietly and notices hearing no sounds coming from the room. Curious he knocked on the door and opened it to see his Son stuffing a Broom Handle up the Hookers Cunt.

The Father said Son what are you doing. The Son says " Checking for Squirrels them things Bite Like Mad."
    Last edited by mikelodge; 11-09-2010 at 02:50 PM. Reason: sp

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mikelodge For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 84,382 Times in 13,907 Posts

A broom handle by itself doesn't do the trick.

There has to be a pin that goes through both doors in the center. The broomstick only holds one door shut.
    If you think it's love try not paying in the morning..

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many."

Thanks
    Thanked 4,313 Times in 734 Posts

I talked to Lorenzo and evidentally in some cases where the persons got robbed, the girl was in the room and would toss out the back window from the bathroom to someone waiting downstairs in the back either outside the fence or inside the fence. Cameras, laptops, money anything they could get their hands on. Just his side of the story.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to gmalet For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gmalet View Post
    I talked to Lorenzo and evidentally in some cases where the persons got robbed, the girl was in the room and would toss out the back window from the bathroom to someone waiting downstairs in the back either outside the fence or inside the fence. Cameras, laptops, money anything they could get their hands on. Just his side of the story.

the fella that started the thread didnt hav a chica in the room ,niether did i when i was robbed

but you can bet i would hav awoke if somone was in my room while i was asleep, im a very light sleeper ,i might not hav been posting now as im sure i would hav been locked up for throwing the fukker off the 4th fl ,bet i slept with the sliding door n front door open that night hopin somone ws stupid enough to come back

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gmalet View Post
    Hmm.. .I guess that means that guys can expect Lorenzo to weld wire mesh now on the rear windows, so air can pass through, but nothing else.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to MrHappy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 10,453 Times in 2,070 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by joeybk View Post
    the fella that started the thread didnt hav a chica in the room ,niether did i when i was robbed

but you can bet i would hav awoke if somone was in my room while i was asleep, im a very light sleeper ,i might not hav been posting now as im sure i would hav been locked up for throwing the fukker off the 4th fl ,bet i slept with the sliding door n front door open that night hopin somone ws stupid enough to come back
    Thatīs very easy to SAY. I was robbed that way in Jamaica. When a guy has you down on the bed with a huge fucking knife to your chest and throat, and you are praying for your life, while his friend is throwing your stuff into a bag, believe me, you wonīt be throwing anyone off any balcony. If it makes you feel better to think you will, thatīs fine.

But after having lived through it, I canīt imagine why anyone would purposely leave the door open and hope that someone comes back. Itīs absolutley terrifying, and I hope no one here ever has to experience it the way I did. Not even the ones who are hoping to.

19. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to TC For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TC View Post
    Thatīs very easy to SAY. I was robbed that way in Jamaica. When a guy has you down on the bed with a huge fucking knife to your chest and throat, and you are praying for your life, while his friend is throwing your stuff into a bag, believe me, you wonīt be throwing anyone off any balcony. If it makes you feel better to think you will, thatīs fine.

But after having lived through it, I canīt imagine why anyone would purposely leave the door open and hope that someone comes back. Itīs absolutley terrifying, and I hope no one here ever has to experience it the way I did. Not even the ones who are hoping to.

Yep, I'd rather be a live chicken, than a dead rooster.....

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MrHappy For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MrHappy View Post
    Yep, I'd rather be a live chicken, than a dead rooster.....
    Words of Wisdom

Everytime I ask about some bad ass I knew 25 years ago I hear either he isn't around anymore or he has really changed and mellowed out

Live to fight another day and pass the pretzels please.

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mikelodge For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 51,713 Times in 9,684 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TC View Post

Lemme pay devils advocate here.
    I disagree,
    Jamaica may be a different story altogether ..
    But Dominican Tigres don't burglarize rooms, its beneath them. They will get your cash in probably a dozen different ways, from girls who work for them to sale of drugs etc, over a period of time. They are after STATUS. Burglary is pretty low in the status chart. On the street, you insult a Tigre, you can get got real fast, diff story completely from someone who will enter your hotel room to steal your shit. That punk who will come into your room ,where if he gets caught he will get SHOT by the police possibly on the spot is a different kind of criminal, closer to the the street hustlers, just that he may have a drug habit which makes him more stupid, but not a tough guy.
    Bottom line, guy comes in my room, one of us is not walkin out alive,he will be eating mirror glass or have some other very bad accident right there and then. At some point you need to man up, and someone INSIDE your room is well within that threshhold. I also doubt it would be TWO of them,and I doubt either one would be 260# and bench 405#.They are probably little punks with a drug problem. U got adrenalin on your side. Even a small blade is no match if you can handle yourself. These guys are like 150# tops,one bounce off the wall he is a puddle of piss.
    We got these same punks in the Bronx & nyc, they climb through a window and steal what is not nailed down & walk right past your friends and neighbors with your shit in hand . Heroin at $300 a day will do that to you . Each situation may be different, but thats my view of the kind of punk you would most likely catch doing such high risk petty shit.

25. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JD426 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jd426 View Post
    I disagree,
    But Dominican Tigres don't burglarize rooms, its beneath them. They will get your cash in probably a dozen different ways, from girls who work for them to sale of drugs etc, over a period of time. They are after STATUS. Burglary is pretty low in the status chart. On the street, you insult a Tigre, you can get got real fast, diff story completely from someone who will enter your hotel room to steal your shit. That punk who will come into your room ,where if he gets caught he will get SHOT by the police possibly on the spot is a different kind of criminal, closer to the the street hustlers, just that he may have a drug habit which makes him more stupid, but not a tough guy.
    Bottom line, guy comes in my room, one of us is not walkin out alive,he will be eating mirror glass or have some other very bad accident right there and then. At some point you need to man up, and someone INSIDE your room is well within that threshhold. I also doubt it would be TWO of them,and I doubt either one would be 260# and bench 405#.They are probably little punks with a drug problem. U got adrenalin on your side. Even a small blade is no match if you can handle yourself. These guys are like 150# tops,one bounce off the wall he is a puddle of piss.We got these same punks in the Bronx & nyc, they climb through a window and steal what is not nailed down & walk right past your friends and neighbors with your shit in hand . Heroin at $300 a day will do that to you . Each situation may be different, but thats my view of the kind of punk you would most likely catch doing such high risk petty shit.
    Puddle of Piss

Anything backed into a corner will fight or roll over. Including Dogs and Cats Sometimes it is funny though how some big guys are.

Not saying this is the case in your senario JD or disagreeing with you.

I saw one yesterday at my buddies business where one debt collector that works for him and is huge and a body builder told this smaller guy who is half Cuban named Damien and also a collector for my friend to Fuck off and 2 minutes later the big guy was the puddle of Piss cowering against the wall.

Funny shit that was

27. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mikelodge For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 10,453 Times in 2,070 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jd426 View Post
    I disagree,
    Bottom line, guy comes in my room, one of us is not walkin out alive,he will be eating mirror glass or have some other very bad accident right there and then. At some point you need to man up, and someone INSIDE your room is well within that threshhold. I also doubt it would be TWO of them,and I doubt either one would be 260# and bench 405#.They are probably little punks with a drug problem. U got adrenalin on your side. Even a small blade is no match if you can handle yourself. These guys are like 150# tops,one bounce off the wall he is a puddle of piss.
    We got these same punks in the Bronx & nyc, they climb through a window and steal what is not nailed down & walk right past your friends and neighbors with your shit in hand . Heroin at $300 a day will do that to you . Each situation may be different, but thats my view of the kind of punk you would most likely catch doing such high risk petty shit.
    If and when it happens to you, you don`t get to decide how many of there are, or how big the knife is, or what country it happens in, what your view of the socioeconomics of armed robbery are, or how much they do or do not bench press. I certainly didn`t. And more importantly, if you decide that one of you is not walking out alive, you ALONE don`t get to decide which one of you that is. The other guy, or guys, have some influence on that result.

What I know is what happened in one specific incident. And it was not anything like your assumptions of how it "would" be. As an example, I don`t know why you mentioned a small blade, but picture the, "Now that`s a knife" scene from Crocodile Dundee to see how far off your assumptions are from what I experienced.

Also I was sound asleep when they came in, and as such, they were far more prepared for me than I was for them.

In the end, I lost some money and material possessions, which is all they really wanted. Yes, I was shaken up for a while, but I`m alive and well, and that`s all that ultimately matters.

Yes, there are certain circumstances where you have to man up and fight back. There is also stupidity. And your life may depend on knowing the difference. A lot depends on the sizing up the circumstances of that specific situation, not a generalized view of how you imagined it happening.

But purposely leaving the door open and "hoping" this happens to you, as the previous poster said, is something I simply cannot imagine.

Somebody back home loves you. Or at least wouldn`t mind seeing you again.

29. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to TC For This Useful Post:

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information