Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Weyland's Future (Living and dying in DR)

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,190 Times in 1,585 Posts

Re: Weyland's Future (Living and dying in DR)

Quote Originally Posted by weyland View Post
    There is no affordable insurance available at my age (70). If I am in a state to travel I could fly back to the UK and get operated on free or cheapish. Let's hope it never happens.

I believe top-notch medical expertise is available in Santiago, at a price.
    Ok, then, as you request, we will join together in hoping that you will not be in a state to travel.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to curiousdude For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,606 Times in 5,261 Posts

If I were an elderly expat living abroad - as I will hopefully be one day – dying and what they do with my body would be the least of my concerns, what would really worry me is what would happen to me if became physically or mentally disabled as a result of old age.

4. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Gladiator For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 58,341 Times in 10,416 Posts

I remember when I was younger and really boozing and drugging bad,my father pulled me aside and asked me to get insurance so that he and my Mom wouldn't have to pay to bury me.My response then is as it is now.do you think I give a fuck what happens to me after I'm dead?Dead is dead.Throw me in the river and let the crabs eat me.(or pigs if they are your preference.)Anything that happens after your death is for the remaing living and is purely self-centered because as I stated above....Dead is dead!!!!
    I've told all my friends(ain't got no family)not to waste any money trying to have a funeral or bury me.......save the money and go chasing women(or men)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to jacknback For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 47,842 Times in 8,288 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jacknback View Post
    I remember when I was younger and really boozing and drugging bad,my father pulled me aside and asked me to get insurance so that he and my Mom wouldn't have to pay to bury me.My response then is as it is now.do you think I give a fuck what happens to me after I'm dead?Dead is dead.Throw me in the river and let the crabs eat me.(or pigs if they are your preference.)Anything that happens after your death is for the remaing living and is purely self-centered because as I stated above....Dead is dead!!!!
    I've told all my friends(ain't got no family)not to waste any money trying to have a funeral or bury me.......save the money and go chasing women(or men)
    I don't know your family or situation but it sounds like your father was trying a different approach to get through to you, rather than worrying about spending a few hundred dollars when you died.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to weyland For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 84,361 Times in 13,901 Posts

Um, there are laws against that sort of thing.

A better approach would have been to hand your old man a couple grand and tell him it's taken care of.
    If you think it's love try not paying in the morning..

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many."

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gladiator View Post
    If I were an elderly expat living abroad - as I will hopefully be one day – dying and what they do with my body would be the least of my concerns, what would really worry me is what would happen to me if became physically or mentally disabled as a result of old age.
    My biggest fear....... by far

11. The Following User Says Thank You to MrHappy For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 261,363 Times in 78,282 Posts

They do nothing with you at all. Its all on you to take care of yourself.

You want access to trip reports?

Google Wallet

JDRent97@gmail.com

Thanks
    Thanked 83,174 Times in 8,333 Posts

The answer to that is this: You would be forced to live in POP with a Hatian caregiver and depend on the kindness of strangers.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Seville For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 261,363 Times in 78,282 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Robert13212 View Post
    The answer to that is this: You would be forced to live in POP with a Hatian caregiver and depend on the kindness of strangers.

That is funny, really funny.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jimmydr For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I could think of worse things to happen to me...

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MrHappy For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MrHappy View Post
    I could think of worse things to happen to me...
    No doubt. One that comes to mind quickly is having a semi-private room at the Hatian Home for the Indigent and Unwanted and your "roomy" being none other than Sir Weyland. Sleep with your back to the wall is all I am saying!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

No doubt. One that comes to mind quickly is having a semi-private room at the Hatian Home for the Indigent and Unwanted and your "roomy" being none other than Sir Weyland. Sleep with your back to the wall is all I am saying!
    Not all English are like that.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to weyland For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Not all English are like that.
    We weren't talking about all English. Just one in particular.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 58,341 Times in 10,416 Posts

Again...........Don't waste any money taking care of my DEAD body.I'm telling you I won't be mad!!!

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jacknback For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Again...........Don't waste any money taking care of my DEAD body.I'm telling you I won't be mad!!!
    You could keep a child alive and cared for for a year down here on the difference between a minimal funeral and an all bells and whistles one.

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to weyland For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

One [bad scenario] that comes to mind is having a semi-private room and your "roomy" being none other than Sir Weyland. Sleep with your back to the wall is all I am saying!
    Until now I have refrained from responding head on to this vile and unjustified slur, but after the events of this morning I can restrain myself no longer.

Robert and his friend invited me to meet them at La Sirena, the large household store in Puerto Plata for a meal on Robert's tab. But first Robert needed a few items for the lovenest he is feathering in La Mulata.

After mincing round the aisles for an eternity, he eventually located and selected a frilly apron and fluffy slippers. Then he went to buy a washing-up rack. They were available in white, ivory, yellow or sky blue. Robert, however, pounced on this one, and continued to fondle it for the rest of the visit.

Can you spell hypocrite? A man who freely chooses this color to have in his kitchen is making snide allegations about my sexual orientation! Even the check-out girls and the mother sitting at the next table in the cafeteria were sn i g g e r ing. Robert just dug himself deeper by saying it would match his pink rugs and pink toilet-cleaning brush.

He has been persistently inviting me to spend a night in his house. I took this at face value as a kind gesture. But I don't want to sleep under the same roof as that shocking pink dish rack.

And I haven't even mentioned his shirt. I am pretty sure it is one that Tropic Bob used to mop up excess sperm on his last visit then threw in a wastebin at Rocky's. I know Robert is on a tight budget, but has the man no self-respect?

28. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to weyland For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Until now I have refrained from responding head on to this vile and unjustified slur, but after the events of this morning I can restrain myself no longer.

Robert and his friend invited me to meet them at La Sirena, the large household store in Puerto Plata for a meal on Robert's tab. But first Robert needed a few items for the lovenest he is feathering in La Mulata.

After mincing round the aisles for an eternity, he eventually located and selected a frilly apron and fluffy slippers. Then he went to buy a washing-up rack. They were available in white, ivory, yellow or sky blue. Robert, however, pounced on this one, and continued to fondle it for the rest of the visit.

Click to see pic

Can you spell hypocrite? A man who freely chooses this color to have in his kitchen is making snide allegations about my sexual orientation! Even the check-out girls and the mother sitting at the next table in the cafeteria were sn i g g e r ing. Robert just dug himself deeper by saying it would match his pink rugs and pink toilet-cleaning brush.

He has been persistently inviting me to spend a night in his house. I took this at face value as a kind gesture. But I don't want to sleep under the same roof as that shocking pink dish rack.

And I haven't even mentioned his shirt. I am pretty sure it is one that Tropic Bob used to mop up excess sperm on his last visit then threw in a wastebin at Rocky's. I know Robert is on a tight budget, but has the man no self-respect?
    I feel violated. You told me that photo was going to be used for the next cover of Good Housekeeping! Instead you use it in a frail attempt to humiliate me? Obviously character, honesty and integrity are not your strong suits. However, I must admit that when it comes to scoring Hatian toto you have no peers. And as far as my attire goes; If you knew the shirt was sperm laden why didn't you tell me to wash it before I wore it? That would have been the decent thing to do.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to Seville For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Our local 100 year old cemetery in Amish country is an old Indian mound with a 360 view, I purchased the last lot smack on the top and want an obelisk stone with a lightening rod on top. Epitaph to read "Feel the power of God"

32. The Following User Says Thank You to snowtreader For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 29,784 Times in 2,952 Posts

Blog Entries
    Thanks

If you knew the shirt was sperm laden why didn't you tell me to wash it before I wore it? That would have been the decent thing to do.
    Yes, my bad. I didn't recognise it until I was looking through my Tropic Bob archive that evening. (I do that from time to time, makes me feel 10 years younger). I just assumed the shirt had been incompetently starched.

35. The Following User Says Thank You to weyland For This Useful Post:

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information