Thread: Furnished Apts in Santiago

Thanks

Furnished Apts in Santiago

Does anyone know of a place like KMA apartments in Santiago? For those of you that don't know KMA, theres a thread on this place in the Puerto Plata hotels section. I usually stay at Aloha Sol while I'm in Santiago but I was looking for something like an apartment setting with a kitchen and living area. I know Santiago is not a tourist city like Sosua and PP but I figured someone might have found a nice furnished apt in Santiago. Any suggestions are welcome! I'm open to private landlords as well. I'm not picky. I just need a clean, safe place in Santiago. Im looking to make a trip in November 2010 and possibly January 2011.

2. # ADS
    Our Supporters Support our advertisers!

Thanks

Re: Furnished Apts in Santiago

How often do you plan on using this apartment? How much are you willing to spend? Security vs. no security, which neighborhood were you considering? I can probably help you locate something if you can fill in some details.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,469 Times in 224 Posts

Hi. I am also looking to rent an apartment in Santiago. 1 bedroom furnished for 6 months. I would like to be in los jardines or within walking distance to plaza international or supermercado nacional. What is the average rent in those areas?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jcrew2020 View Post
    Hi. I am also looking to rent an apartment in Santiago. 1 bedroom furnished for 6 months. I would like to be in los jardines or within walking distance to plaza international or supermercado nacional. What is the average rent in those areas?
    One thing I am sure of that the best deals are not on the internet. I usually rent in the Gurabo area whether it is a house or apartment. I will drop an e-mail to some of my peeps in "Ciudad Corazon" and find out what they have heard.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dr McGlovin For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,237 Times in 569 Posts

Here is apartment between Hollywood cine (north of PUCM )Near Plaza Intercational remember the new mall is right next to it open now too.

phone 809-583-0632 it says vende but maybe you can get some info?

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mr Hillbilly For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dr McGlovin View Post
    How often do you plan on using this apartment? How much are you willing to spend? Security vs. no security, which neighborhood were you considering? I can probably help you locate something if you can fill in some details.

I appreciate the help. I actually needed a weekly rate which might be tough in Santiago since I think landlords prefer a monthly rate. When I go to Santiago, I stay about a week (nothing longer that). I might even go for a few days. I would go as high as $75 a night but if Im going that high it should be furnished, well kept and safe. I want to be near the monument. I don't know the neighborhoods by name in Santiago. If the area is safe and close to the monument area, thats all that matters. I'll do my mongering from there

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dr McGlovin View Post
    One thing I am sure of that the best deals are not on the internet. I usually rent in the Gurabo area whether it is a house or apartment. I will drop an e-mail to some of my peeps in "Ciudad Corazon" and find out what they have heard.

How are the rents in the Gurabo area? Also, are both Gurabo and Cuidad Corazon near the monument? Thanks

Thanks
    Thanked 16,394 Times in 2,280 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Urinal Mints View Post
    How are the rents in the Gurabo area? Also, are both Gurabo and Cuidad Corazon near the monument? Thanks

The rent should be pretty cheap in Gurabo. But it's nowhere near the monument. Not sure about Ciudad Corazon, as I've never heard of it. I used to have a link to a pretty good map of Santiago listing the various neighborhoods. But I can't find it now.

I did rent a pretty decent apartment that was less than a ten minute walk to the monument when I was taking a spanish course about 4 years back. It was on Calle San Tome, which runs perpendicular to Calle Del Sol. I believe that the neighborhood was called Parte Alta. Nice, quiet, and close to both downtown Santiago and the Monument. A contact at the school made the arrangements for me. And that's generally the best way to find quality short term rentals. There are plenty of apartments there for rent, but you have to know someone to get the good short term deals.

Honestly, this might be a good question for the DR1 crowd, as a lot of Santiago residents frequent that site.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DCIronman For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Oh I see now where you got "Cuidad Corazon" from. That's not the name of a neighborhood in Santiago. It's simply a term of endearment used for the city itself.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to DCIronman For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,469 Times in 224 Posts

Ciudad Corazon is the nickname for santiago. I just took spanish classes in santiago and they rent that apartment for $350 week. I am looking to rent a furnished apartment near supermercado internacional/plaza international.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jcrew2020 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 33,954 Times in 10,160 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DCIronman View Post
    Honestly, this might be a good question for the DR1 crowd, as a lot of Santiago residents frequent that site.
    Hillbilly is a great Santiago source over there, especially real estate. Nice fellow who's NOT judgmental like a lot of DR1'ers.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gdogg For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jcrew2020 View Post
    Ciudad Corazon is the nickname for santiago. I just took spanish classes in santiago and they rent that apartment for $350 week. I am looking to rent a furnished apartment near supermercado internacional/plaza international.
    If you studied at ALPI then it was probably the same apartment I was in. I was with my buddy, so we rented the 2 bdrm.

My buddy eventually rented an apartment right behind Plaza Internacional on Calle General Perez. Man, I love that area. Close to the mall and a Caribe Metro station. I believe the area is called Los Jardines and the rent is a little more expensive over there.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DCIronman For This Useful Post:

Thanks

check this place out http://www.todoj.es.tl/

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to santiago For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by santiago View Post

Good website. And they specifically state that they do short term rentals. Thanks for the link.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to DCIronman For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by santiago View Post

Thats an excellent link. Very useful! I will definitely check out it out further.

Thread Information