Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: the average budget to live in Dr

Thanks
    Thanked 7,406 Times in 795 Posts

the average budget to live in Dr

This question is obviously for the guys who made the big decision of living in the Dr.
    Considering everything (apartment rent, utilities, food, entertainment etc...) what is the average budget needed in a month?
    I mean, considering that here in the Us is pretty much $3/4000 in a "normal" life of a "normal person" I was wondering what is needed to live decently.
    I mean an average decent apartment (let's say a 2 bedroom 1000 sq. ft) in a safe area with a little backyard, going out for dinner a couple of times a week, going to the gym, cinema etc...

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to QueGuapo For This Useful Post:

3. # ADS
    Our Supporters Support our advertisers!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,427 Times in 232 Posts

Re: the average budget to live in Dr

Quote Originally Posted by danytravel View Post
    This question is obviously for the guys who made the big decision of living in the Dr.
    Considering everything (apartment rent, utilities, food, entertainment etc...) what is the average budget needed in a month?
    I mean, considering that here in the Us is pretty much $3/4000 in a "normal" life of a "normal person" I was wondering what is needed to live decently.
    I mean an average decent apartment (let's say a 2 bedroom 1000 sq. ft) in a safe area with a little backyard, going out for dinner a couple of times a week, going to the gym, cinema etc...
    I live here in Sosua for $2200/month....and I consider that I live very well. I also travel to other countries from here from time to time and this amount includes paying for all my travel. In the last year I have been to Colombia, Ecuador,Thailand, and the US. I know others that live here on the same amount and live well. This amount covers EVERYTHING including all the sex I can possibly handle...and I'm not exactly slowing down in that department yet.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,127 Times in 233 Posts

Do a little searching on this site, and you will have a lot of information to answer your question. That question has already been answered.

6. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to tonymd For This Useful Post:

Thanks

My Wife and I just got back from a visit to the DR.We Stayed at the New Garden and met an american living at the hotel. I am sure he is spending more than $2200 per month. It all depends on how much sex you want and what you are willing to settle for. Of course if you get sick by eating at Bailey's you may need more. That place has at least one waiter with Tuberculosis so avoid it at all costs. Remember that in the states you will be getting almost no pussy for that same $4000 or $2200 . Like everywhere else you get what you pay for.
    Last edited by gdogg; 10-22-2010 at 12:44 AM. Reason: edited insensitive remarks

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dr Urbina For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 13,676 Times in 4,820 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Urbina View Post
    My Wife and I just got back from a visit to the DR.We Stayed at the New Garden and met an american living at the hotel. I am sure he is spending more than $2200 per month. It all depends on how much sex you want and what you are willing to settle for. IOf course if you get sick by eating at Bailey's you may need more. That place has at least one waiter with Tuberculosis so avoid it at all costs. Remember that in the states you will be getting almost no pussy for that same $4000 or $2200 . Like everywhere else you get what you pay for.
    Second TROLL Post please Mod Squad this is not a doctor at least not a legal one. To risk his license to give info about staying at NG where there are records and probably only one or two guys stayed with a wife please.

Overweight Dark Girls please WS or somebody hit this it is making me sick
    Last edited by gdogg; 10-22-2010 at 12:45 AM.

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mikelodge For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,936 Times in 6,484 Posts

My Wife and I just got back from a visit to the DR.We Stayed at the New Garden and met an american living at the hotel. I am sure he is spending more than $2200 per month. It all depends on how much sex you want and what you are willing to settle for. . . Of course if you get sick by eating at Bailey's you may need more. That place has at least one waiter with Tuberculosis so avoid it at all costs. Remember that in the states you will be getting almost no pussy for that same $4000 or $2200 . Like everywhere else you get what you pay for.

If you can open your mouth the Pussy is Free....But the food and beer cost money. Dude with that frame of mind you need to start thinking like a Dominican and not like American. Honestly, 4k a month in the DR is living like a rock star. I know people who live pretty well in American on 4G's a month.

Dominican city officials get fat salary, workers get pittance
    Print Email Bookmark Save to my profile 6 Comments - last on Oct 10 at 12:22 AM
    Close Gallery

Gilberto Serrulle's brush with glory was brief...
    Zoom Picture

SANTIAGO.- Responding the criticism by different Santiago sectors the Mayor yesterday defended the wage increase of the councilpersons, but revealed the City Hall workers’ meager salaries, 20 times smaller than those of the officials.
    Gilberto Serulle said the councilpersons salaries were raised from RD$80,000 to RD$100,000 (US$2,700.00) “because of the taxes discounted” from the salary made the RD$27,000 wage hike necessary. “What’s been done is to pay sincere wages the councilpersons.”
    At the beginning of last year the councilpersons passed the wage increase, but former mayor Jose Enrique Sued refused to approve it.
    Serulle added that the City Council’s pensioners were also increased, from RD$600 to RD $3,000, while that of the road crew workers rose from RD$3,500 to RD$5,000 (US$142.00) monthly.
    Last edited by whynotme; 10-22-2010 at 06:53 AM. Reason: removed the part of the quote that gdogg had originally removed from the "DRs" comments

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to hugrad95a For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,936 Times in 6,484 Posts

My Wife and I just got back from a visit to the DR.We Stayed at the New Garden and met an american living at the hotel. I am sure he is spending more than $2200 per month. It all depends on how much sex you want and what you are willing to settle for. ......... If you want top quality you need about $4000 per month. Of course if you get sick by eating at Bailey's you may need more. That place has at least one waiter with Tuberculosis so avoid it at all costs. Remember that in the states you will be getting almost no pussy for that same $4000 or $2200 . Like everywhere else you get what you pay for.

Are you and your wife swingers?
    Last edited by whynotme; 10-22-2010 at 06:54 AM. Reason: edit dr urbina's comments

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,379 Times in 7,663 Posts

If you're hoofing it $1500 would be the minimum amount I'd target. If you purchased a car I'd add another $300 monthly for insurance upkeep and gas. Health insurance would be good to have. I hear it can be purchased for as little as $100 a month. Anything more than these amounts would be for women. You could do the novia thing for under $300 a month. A novia and two helpings of strange a week you could do for under $500. Then you could be a out and out hoe, fucking a new girl everyday with maybe an every now and then indulgence with Sosua's finest for probably about $1000 to $1200 a month. My estimate is total max (just a little short of vacation mode) with car at about $3200. However; with a little discipline you could have a very good time and a car with $2,700 a month.

15. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to The Sage For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 7,406 Times in 795 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by The Sage View Post
    If you're hoofing it $1500 would be the minimum amount I'd target. If you purchased a car I'd add another $300 monthly for insurance upkeep and gas. Health insurance would be good to have. I hear it can be purchased for as little as $100 a month. Anything more than these amounts would be for women. You could do the novia thing for under $300 a month. A novia and two helpings of strange a week you could do for under $500. Then you could be a out and out hoe, fucking a new girl everyday with maybe an every now and then indulgence with Sosua's finest for probably about $1000 to $1200 a month. My estimate is total max (just a little short of vacation mode) with car at about $3200. However; with a little discipline you could have a very good time and a car with $2,700 a month.
    Yeah...my question was about average good life. I was not talking about whores... When I made an example of life in Us for 4000 obviously does not include prostitutes. I am just curious about how much you need for a good quality of life in Dr. There are many choices in the world and I am about to valuate them since my goal is to move to a stress free situation ( live in new York and is not really my type of situation).
    Thx

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to QueGuapo For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 261,363 Times in 78,282 Posts

Yeah...my question was about average good life. I was not talking about whores... When I made an example of life in Us for 4000 obviously does not include prostitutes. I am just curious about how much you need for a good quality of life in Dr. There are many choices in the world and I am about to valuate them since my goal is to move to a stress free situation ( live in new York and is not really my type of situation).
    Thx

I think the best way to figure out your budget would be to make about 25 trips there over a 3 - 5 year period and then you would have a better idea.

You want access to trip reports?

Google Wallet

JDRent97@gmail.com

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jimmydr For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,379 Times in 7,663 Posts

Thx
    Did you read my post? I gave you basic costs with and without women. If you're looking for how much it cost to raise a family and send the kids to school you're asking in the wrong place. Few if any of us have indulged in that type of lifestyle on the island. For that type of information go to DR1 and do a search.

21. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to The Sage For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 47,842 Times in 8,288 Posts

I am just curious about how much you need for a good quality of life in Dr. There are many choices in the world and I am about to valuate them since my goal is to move to a stress free situation ( live in new York and is not really my type of situation).
    I think you are wrong in thinking that life in the DR is stress-free. There are many stresses here, just different from NY. They don't bother me too much because I am at the end of my life taking things easy. But if I were a young man who wanted to get anything done, professionally, artistically, socially or whatever, I would get very frustrated living here among a nation of retards. Then there are the constant security issues. Yes, they can be largely overcome by spending money, but you have to be constantly on the alert. Finally there is the almost total lack of culture here. No art or architecture, no serious music, no major museums, and so on.

And an awful place to bring up a family. Your children would either have to live in a gringo "bubble" or mix with the local children who seem to be more feckless and vulgar the higher you go up the social scale.

As ever, there are some honorable exceptions to all the above generalizations and they deserve credit for swimming against the current.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,340 Times in 1,266 Posts

After 4 yrs I still budget on the facts that one can live very well here on 10 times the average earnings of a Dominican. I’d say 6,600 pesos a month IMHO and you will avg. around $1,700 – $2,000 w/car, 1 bdr., pt novia, etc. As most will tell you here your real budget will depend on how fast you can learn where the savings are, and being prepared to change one’s lifestyle from being a visitor to a local. Especially when it comes to obtaining the different pussy that is available here and your willingness to down cost your ayuda to these chicas.

24. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to steviewonder For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 15,035 Times in 2,159 Posts

I have never lived anywhere except Canada so I am not in the know, but I do have one piece of helpful advice. Make sure you consider how long you plan on living in the DR. If you determine that your budget is say $3000 month and you want to live there for 20 years, 5 years from now your budget will be more than $3000 a month, more again in 10 years, ect, ect. Inflation is a very important, yet often overlooked, factor in your finances.

This applies mostly to retirees that are living on pensions, savings, and 401K's, because they do not have additional money coming in every month. If you have a steady streem of income (or a job) it is not as much of a factor.

26. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Nakom For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I love this thread.. I wish I know more the better.. I just want to do this for couple of years to see how this all works out..

I think Weyland and Robert probably would know more about the expenses stuff..

One thing I think to cut down chica expenses is to talk Spanish..

Weyland do you speak spanish?

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to I give nothing to I.S.O.C. For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,745 Times in 562 Posts

my question was about average good life. I was not talking about whores...
    You mean there's a good life without whores?

Agree with Weyland, no such thing as stress-free just different things to stress you out in Latin America!
    "The only known aphrodisiac is variety."

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Pacoloco For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 8,340 Times in 1,266 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nakom View Post
    I have never lived anywhere except Canada so I am not in the know, but I do have one piece of helpful advice. Make sure you consider how long you plan on living in the DR. If you determine that your budget is say $3000 month and you want to live there for 20 years, 5 years from now your budget will be more than $3000 a month, more again in 10 years, ect, ect. Inflation is a very important, yet often overlooked, factor in your finances.This applies mostly to retirees that are living on pensions, savings, and 401K's, because they do not have additional money coming in every month. If you have a steady streem of income (or a job) it is not as much of a factor.
    Your spot on when it comes to how much you will be spending in the future in the DR, or anywhere. My previous post stated on another trend is that I’m spending the same amount today that I did 4 yrs ago, vs. the exchange rate. The reasons that is true is that for at least the first 6 months I was spending higher as I was not aware of where the savings was. Then you add the money on chicas like I was a visitor, night clubs every night, refusing to change my lifestyle, getting shafted by local operators, and it was easy to spend 20 -30% more then what I was budgeting for in those early days. But patience won out, especially when I saw the amount of pussy around me during the daytime and in areas away from Sosua, then and only then expenses where reduced to what I'm spending today. If you move here and run with the cheetahs, then you better have a solid bank roll to keep it up.

32. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to steviewonder For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,237 Times in 569 Posts

My friend lives in Sosua in that AI that went broke up in the hills a little East of Sosua huge pool top floor apartment I think its 800 month rent. He has fixed income of 3500 a month and is broke by time another month rolls around. He has a car and drinks beer so it adds to his expenses. That and he is 59 with 17 year old novia that he likes to buy thinks for.

Thanks
    Thanked 19,226 Times in 3,260 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by steviewonder View Post
    If you move here and run with the cheetahs, then you better have a solid bank roll to keep it up.
    Amen Bro.
    I'm a Payer not a Player

Thanks
    Thanked 55,585 Times in 14,260 Posts

I'm a bit surprised. $3000 a month is like a $50,000 yearly gross pay. Single people can live fine on that in the US.

36. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to PapiQueRico For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information