Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Food Safety

Thanks

Food Safety

As a Dr I can be a bit of a freak about germs. I would like to warn everyone to be careful where you eat. Always check for cleanliness. If the glasses and dishes are not clean run, likewise with the bath rooms. My wife and I got deathly ill after eating at a place called Bailey's in Sosua. The worst part about it was I could tell one of the waiters has tuberculosis. I wanted to leave without eating but my wife wanted to stay. Naturally since she was being such a good sport about giving me fabulous threesomes every day I gave in. Another thing to watch for is bad smell. Just like with pussy, if it smells bad don't eat it.

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Dr Urbina For This Useful Post:

3. # ADS
    Our Supporters Support our advertisers!

Thanks
    Thanked 4,909 Times in 1,445 Posts

Re: Food Safety

Well thats a touchy subject I have gotten bad food that made sick In a 5 star hotel once.

You never know who prepares your food its a gamble when you go out and eat, out of 500 times you might get sick once.
    Putas are like lottery tickets, sometimes you get a winner sometimes you get a loser.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vewdew For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 13,676 Times in 4,820 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Urbina View Post
    As a Dr I can be a bit of a freak about germs. I would like to warn everyone to be careful where you eat. Always check for cleanliness. If the glasses and dishes are not clean run, likewise with the bath rooms. My wife and I got deathly ill after eating at a place called Bailey's in Sosua. The worst part about it was I could tell one of the waiters has tuberculosis. I wanted to leave without eating but my wife wanted to stay. Naturally since she was being such a good sport about giving me fabulous threesomes every day I gave in. Another thing to watch for is bad smell. Just like with pussy, if it smells bad don't eat it.
    Yes you are right there is a lot of disease and filth and scum and dirt.

There is also alot of fishy things like your post. I am close friends with 2 doctors and am glad they are not somebody that takes there wife to the Sosewer for 3somes are you for real?

Smells fishy like the Jolly Troll Doctors don't pass judgment that fast and name names at least not real ones.

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mikelodge For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 89,168 Times in 10,927 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mikelodge View Post
    Yes you are right there is a lot of disease and filth and scum and dirt.

There is also alot of fishy things like your post. I am close friends with 2 doctors and am glad they are not somebody that takes there wife to the Sosewer for 3somes are you for real?

Smells fishy like the Jolly Troll Doctors don't pass judgment that fast and name names at least not real ones.

And that was his fourth post!!!!

Nope, nothing fishy here!

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TNT72 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 15,035 Times in 2,159 Posts

I have eaten at Bailey's over a dozen times and never once even had an upset stomach. In fact, it is probably the cleanest resturant in Sosua. This guy had one bad experience and is talking shit.

11. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Nakom For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 261,363 Times in 78,282 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nakom View Post
    I have eaten at Bailey's over a dozen times and never once even had an upset stomach. In fact, it is probably the cleanest resturant in Sosua. This guy had one bad experience and is talking shit.

I never got sick there either.

You want access to trip reports?

Google Wallet

JDRent97@gmail.com

13. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jimmydr For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 40,590 Times in 5,066 Posts

just so I'm clear on this - you're a doctor and a self-professed 'freak about germs', you're sure that one of your waiters had TB and you still ate at the place just to be a good sport?

really?

15. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to deezl For This Useful Post:

Winter: Sosua * Summer: Sometimes North, Sometime South
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,829 Times in 2,435 Posts

So, you can now diagnose a person having TB by looking at them in a dark resturant...you must be an excellent doctor.
    Give me a chair on a beach....hand me a beer....have some chicas hanging around....oh happy days!!

C.I.S.O.C.

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ram For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 33,954 Times in 10,160 Posts

If you get sick at Bailey's, then you shouldn't visit Sosua...your system must be too fragile for the DR. Bailey's is probably the cleanest restaurant and safest to eat in Sosua.

19. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to gdogg For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 51,713 Times in 9,684 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nakom View Post
    There is a guy I know personally from here in NY, met him last year in Sept, he and his friend both got sick from there. I was bringing him water from the Playero as he spent most of his time near the pool just feet away from his room. Thats the only 2 cases I know of though. But it was definitely from Baileys. They still continued to eat there afterwards. I dont recall what dish they said which made them ill. I never had any problems.

21. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to JD426 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jd426 View Post
    There is a guy I know personally from here in NY, met him last year in Sept, he and his friend both got sick from there. I was bringing him water from the Playero as he spent most of his time near the pool just feet away from his room. Thats the only 2 cases I know of though. But it was definitely from Baileys. They still continued to eat there afterwards. I dont recall what dish they said which made them ill. I never had any problems.
    WOW! I guess it can happen anywhere. What's considered the cleanest place to eat there these days?

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gdogg For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 31,542 Times in 5,678 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gdogg View Post
    WOW! I guess it can happen anywhere. What's considered the cleanest place to eat there these days?
    It CAN happen anywhere, that doesn't mean any place needs to be 'watched out for' unless it's happening there regularly.

How many meals have we all had at Baileys and how many times has someone gotten sick?

Same goes for any other place we eat at, whether it's DR or anywhere else.

Personally, i've never gotten sick anytime down there, and i even brush my teeth with the tap water and have drinks that use ice cubes, both things considered no-no's by many.
    Bitch you wasn't with me shootin' in the gym ...

25. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to JuanElGriego For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 51,713 Times in 9,684 Posts

I'm checking out this guys story,to see if he made it up.
    The TB comment put it way over the top.
    No way IMO , he would allow his wife to eat there, if he knew 100% in his professional medical opinion that someone there had TB. He would WALK to another restaurant.

27. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JD426 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JuanElGriego View Post
    It CAN happen anywhere, that doesn't mean any place needs to be 'watched out for' unless it's happening there regularly.

How many meals have we all had at Baileys and how many times has someone gotten sick?

Same goes for any other place we eat at, whether it's DR or anywhere else.

Personally, i've never gotten sick anytime down there, and i even brush my teeth with the tap water and have drinks that use ice cubes, both things considered no-no's by many.
    I've eaten at Bailey's over ten times...never had a problem. I've eaten at PJs three times (long time ago), got sick twice.

29. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to gdogg For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 4,909 Times in 1,445 Posts

Someone with a productive cough does not mean TB, could be a bronchial infection from smoking, allergies, to fully diagnose TB you need a chest X-RAY.

31. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to vewdew For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vewdew View Post
    Someone with a productive cough does not mean TB, could be a bronchial infection from smoking, allergies, to fully diagnose TB you need a chest X-RAY.
    Right. How can you diagnose TB during one dinner sitting?

33. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to gdogg For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 8,333 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gdogg View Post
    Right. How can you diagnose TB during one dinner sitting?
    He must have those X-ray glasses that were frequently advertized in Mad magazine in the 70's.

Wow ... he could bill for mobile lung X-rays ...
    You are not special!

She is not different than the others!

35. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kennilingus For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,975 Times in 607 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Urbina View Post
    I believe that you bring into your life what you give your attention to, so worrying about getting sick is out of the question. If I get sick, I'll deal with it after the fact, not before. I don't travel that much (my total comes to 17 trips) but I've never gotten sick out there. Maybe those 20 plus years of living in unsanitary Cuba immunized me. Thanks fidel!

37. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Maretti For This Useful Post:

Thanks

My good friend DR TURD says thats a shitty deal.

39. The Following User Says Thank You to alex debagorski For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 29,118 Times in 3,985 Posts

hmm/ i've never met a doctor that can diagnose TB from looking at someone coughing in a restaurant.

furthermore, ive never seen a self professed freak about germs, continue to eat in a place where they are convinced that a waiter has tb.

and furthermore.. a doctor, would know that you can not nail down exactly where you ate that got you deathly ill. come to think of it, ive never even heard a doctor say the words deathly ill.

and food poisoning only last 24 hours.

41. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to naptime For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information