Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Food Safety

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,553 Times in 1,620 Posts

Re: Food Safety

Quote Originally Posted by Ram View Post
    Just went through the list of people responding....yep, you are right, we are all part owners of Bailey's...our bad.
    Wish I owned part of Baileys, it seems to do pretty well.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to snoozer For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 4,909 Times in 1,445 Posts

Where can I buy some shares?
    Putas are like lottery tickets, sometimes you get a winner sometimes you get a loser.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to vewdew For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JuanElGriego View Post
    It CAN happen anywhere, that doesn't mean any place needs to be 'watched out for' unless it's happening there regularly.

How many meals have we all had at Baileys and how many times has someone gotten sick?

Same goes for any other place we eat at, whether it's DR or anywhere else.

Personally, i've never gotten sick anytime down there, and i even brush my teeth with the tap water and have drinks that use ice cubes, both things considered no-no's by many.
    I have gotten sick several times in the DR. Usually due to an over-indulgence of RUM. That why my doctor gave me a perscription for El Presidente.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DRCowboy For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 51,713 Times in 9,684 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DRCowboy View Post
    I have gotten sick several times in the DR. Usually due to an over-indulgence of RUM. That why my doctor gave me a perscription for El Presidente.
    I suffered AMNESIA, and my Doctor gave me the same perscripion.
    I love modern medicine.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JD426 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 29,118 Times in 3,985 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by vewdew View Post
    BTW the injection you'r refering to its called a PPD test or a Mantoux test.
    FUCKING HATE IT !!

my mom had tb when i was a kid. i had to go live with my aunt for a year.

everytime i take the skin swab test, i fail. i guess due to exposure.

but i pass the PPD test.

just hate that they never beleive me when i tell them. and i have to sit there and let them blow my fucking arm up with that damned shot.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to naptime For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 4,909 Times in 1,445 Posts

Naptime yep exposure to it will make you test positive, even knowing you dont have the actual TB virus.

I am the same, but no needle for me I just have an X-ray done, next time ask if you can just have an X-ray.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 49,149 Times in 7,404 Posts

had food poisoning twice - once for a day - the other time for 5 days from a ham sandwich!

Thanks
    Thanked 13,676 Times in 4,820 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by snoozer View Post
    Not true.

I was in Baileys having my morning coffee last December and the health inspector was there. They went over everything, and wrote them up for leaving the ice scoop in the ice and various other things. including a jug of OJ that was left on the counter, even though they were using it every few seconds.

I have worked in the catering industry here in Canada and when the health dept. visits you can guarantee they will find something.
    I stand corrected, I would have assumed from some of the shitholes in Sosua (not a decent place like Baileys) that they didn't have one. I agree they can find something anyplace if they look hard enough. I once had a bitch tell me that we had to fix a chip in a tile the size of a dime.
    Last edited by mikelodge; 10-24-2010 at 05:25 PM. Reason: clarity

14. The Following User Says Thank You to mikelodge For This Useful Post:

Thanks

My wife is Bi and I love it. I don't really want other guys banging my wife so we are not real swingers. We have gone to some great swinger clubs including "on site" clubs. While there we watch the others going at it and sometimes have a girl join us but so far we have never done the entire swapping thing. Besides, my wife is young and hot and I am old and not too hot so it would make me jealous.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Dr Urbina For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Secnidazol

I take it after every trip made outside the Us to countries prone to bad preperation, heat, water ect to kill the Giradela. Never have any problemas after I return if taking this Kick Ass Parasite Killer. Well, will not kill the STD's, but what a pill if one was made

BicBoner

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to BicBoner For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 13,676 Times in 4,820 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BicBoner View Post
    Secnidazol

I take it after every trip made outside the Us to countries prone to bad preperation, heat, water ect to kill the Giradela. Never have any problemas after I return if taking this Kick Ass Parasite Killer. Well, will not kill the STD's, but what a pill if one was made

BicBoner
    What good would it do if you already have food poisening and are sick as hell? Cure you perhaps but I would prefer not to get sick which can not be completely controlled. Best to avoid eating food that is not thoroughly cooked and served hot. I can wait for salad until I get home.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,545 Times in 414 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mikelodge View Post
    What good would it do if you already have food poisening and are sick as hell? Cure you perhaps but I would prefer not to get sick which can not be completely controlled. Best to avoid eating food that is not thoroughly cooked and served hot. I can wait for salad until I get home.
    i have taken something similar back in the 90's when i went to mexico all the time. dont really remember what it was, but my friends down there called it bug medicine. two pills, and if you picked a parasite up, it knocked it out very quickly. the docs stateside would mess around forever trying to get rid of montezumas revenge.

i bought some everytime i was down there. cost like 3 or 4 bucks. cheap insurance

21. The Following User Says Thank You to ralphie1 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Rahphie

Sounds like the same pills. I take one in the morning and one at night and kills the parasites dead. I eat anything I want now within reason( no street food ) without fear of the parasites kicken in about the time I get on the plane back home. You could take it durning your trip to kill whatever you ingested, but you cannot drink alcohol with this medicine, so I take the day after return.

BicBoner

Thanks
    Thanked 3,745 Times in 562 Posts

Secnidazol
    Wonder if that's what I was given in CR once...A couple of us got sick after eating at a seafood place, Kaopectate did nothing to help so I ventured out to a farmacia and he said "oh, es bacteria" and gave me 2 big red capsules to take 12 hrs. apart. Worked like a charm!
    "The only known aphrodisiac is variety."

Thanks
    Thanked 40,590 Times in 5,066 Posts

Secnidazol

BicBoner
    i'm no doctor, but i've always been under the impression that it's generally not a good idea to take antibiotics if you're not actually sick. it can make the bugs that are already in your system antibiotic resistant.

25. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to deezl For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 31,542 Times in 5,678 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by deezl View Post
    i'm no doctor, but i've always been under the impression that it's generally not a good idea to take antibiotics if you're not actually sick. it can make the bugs that are already in your system antibiotic resistant.
    It makes the newer strains that much harder to fight and doctors say patients are partly to blame for this because they all come in with a common cold or cough and demand anti-biotics even though that will do NOTHING to help them but if they don't give it to them they'll go to another doctor who will because they don't want to hear "go home and rest and eat some chicken soup", they all want a magic pill.
    Bitch you wasn't with me shootin' in the gym ...

27. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JuanElGriego For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jd426 View Post
    I suffered AMNESIA, and my Doctor gave me the same perscripion.
    I love modern medicine.
    Back when I had the Amnesia bout he gave me a different perscription, just can't remember....

29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DRCowboy For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Secnadazol is not an antibiotic, it is an antiparasitic and different they way it kills.I suppose any drug can be resistant if you use it enough, But i use it like 3-4 times a year, so no worries here

BicBoner

31. The Following User Says Thank You to BicBoner For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 29,784 Times in 2,952 Posts

Best parasite killer available in all farmacias in DR is called ZENTEL.

Take 2 or 4 tablets over 1/2 days and you should be good to go.

A number of ex-pats take this every few months as a routine.

33. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to WickedWillie For This Useful Post:

Thanks

My two buddies and I got sick once at Baileys. I had the camarones. I thought it might have been from the frequent electric power outages. Yo puedo hablar espanol muy bein. Once while I was there the power went out and the empleados were complaining about the pinche dueno . They were saying that Baileys had the oldest generator in town and they could not get it to start. They also said that even when it does run it does not have enough power to keep everything cold. I liked the place so I kept going back. I even banged one of the girls working there. Now I wonder if I should get checked for tuberculosis. How long can you have it before you have symptoms? Is it true you can have it for a long time and not know it? Will the Zentel or secnadazol kill tuberculosis too?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information