Thread: Casa Valeria or ???

Thanks

Casa Valeria or ???

Ok, I will be in Sousa first week of Nov. tried to book New Garden for my entire stay, but they don't have any vacancies after the 5th. I REALLY wanted to stay here since it seems like more of my scene. Problem is that I need lodging for 3 more days. I emailed Terra Linda and was given a quote of $69US for queen, but I'm not sure about this place after reading some of the other reviews. I inquired about rates at Casa Valeria and was quoted $50US a night for a standard room, but I haven't heard anyone really comment on this place.

Is the Casa Valeria a good place to stay? Pros vs. Cons?

BAMF!!!

2. # ADS
    Our Supporters Support our advertisers!

Thanks
    Thanked 9,575 Times in 1,140 Posts

Re: Casa Valeria or ???

casa valeria is definately not the NG atmosphere wise at all. nice lil' quaint place.
    for three days, give rocky's a shot, meets all the basic needs and you can walk down the street and hang out at NG just like when you were staying there, but at 1/2 the price.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to balcoach For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 13,676 Times in 4,820 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by knightcrawler View Post
    Ok, I will be in Sousa first week of Nov. tried to book New Garden for my entire stay, but they don't have any vacancies after the 5th. I REALLY wanted to stay here since it seems like more of my scene. Problem is that I need lodging for 3 more days. I emailed Terra Linda and was given a quote of $69US for queen, but I'm not sure about this place after reading some of the other reviews. I inquired about rates at Casa Valeria and was quoted $50US a night for a standard room, but I haven't heard anyone really comment on this place.

Is the Casa Valeria a good place to stay? Pros vs. Cons?

BAMF!!!
    Instead of $69 for a room you might try Residence D'Piero hotel for a standard room it is $40 per night including a full breakfast and all taxes. Plus unlike Valeria chicas are welcome. Rockies as Balcoach mentioned is a popular option and well run as well. However D'Piero has a Pool and Jacuzzi (24 hour) and Rockies has neither one plus at Piero AC is not extra and it is at Rockies. But both good choices you do the math.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mikelodge For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,485 Times in 527 Posts

many of the members here stay at the palms which my daughters own. mention you are member of this board and get a 10%discount. we also are advertisers and support this board. good rooms, pool, safes in room, security, chica friendly and more
    www.sosuavacationrentals.com

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to donquixote For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 4,555 Times in 660 Posts

I've stayed at Casa Valeria before and had no problems bringing a chica back. I checked before I made reservations and they do say "one at a time, please." It is a much smaller place, but the rooms are very nice and clean with plenty of hot water. They also have a small pool, but I don't think they encourage you to bring the chicas in for a dip . . . though I never tried it. The restaurant served good food, though in typical DR fashion the service was a little slow. The night watchman was always nice when I returned. It is literally next door to NG and I would occasionally eat at NG or get a soda, enjoy that atmosphere and then return to the more calming setting of Casa Valeria. I did rent the suite, though I do not think they are that special and so next time would just get the regular room. Nice landscaping with a small pool with nice lounge chairs. Good air-conditioning. Had to buy some mosquito spray to kill off some of those pesky rascals. Location great between NG and Tierra Linda and Rocky's. If you are a low-key type of guy, I can recommend it. Party atmosphere guys would like NG much better.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sonrisa For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Sea Breeze is a good option too and right around the corner from New Garden, so you can still be at ground zero, more or less

Thanks
    Thanked 13,676 Times in 4,820 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by donquixote View Post
    many of the members here stay at the palms which my daughters own. mention you are member of this board and get a 10%discount. we also are advertisers and support this board. good rooms, pool, safes in room, security, chica friendly and more
    www.sosuavacationrentals.com
    This is also another good choice. To me it isn't about the little things like size of the coffee cups but the human element such as Customer Service and Piero and Don Q are two owners who I have met and spent time with and trust to deliver that service. I think the positive results and reports have proven that for both.

I know there are others higly regarded for the same thing like Rick at Rockies and Wilfried at New Garden. I just don't have personal experience but many trusted members do. Again you have to do the math on what is offered and what is not at what price and what is most important to you.

Such as:

Pools, Jacuzzi, internet, safety, privacy, breakfast included, AC included or factor in price with it added, location, noise, great hosts ie customer service. These three places have many or all of these so you shouldn't need to look farther.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to mikelodge For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sonrisa View Post
    I've stayed at Casa Valeria before and had no problems bringing a chica back. I checked before I made reservations and they do say "one at a time, please." It is a much smaller place, but the rooms are very nice and clean with plenty of hot water. They also have a small pool, but I don't think they encourage you to bring the chicas in for a dip . . . though I never tried it. The restaurant served good food, though in typical DR fashion the service was a little slow. The night watchman was always nice when I returned. It is literally next door to NG and I would occasionally eat at NG or get a soda, enjoy that atmosphere and then return to the more calming setting of Casa Valeria. I did rent the suite, though I do not think they are that special and so next time would just get the regular room. Nice landscaping with a small pool with nice lounge chairs. Good air-conditioning. Had to buy some mosquito spray to kill off some of those pesky rascals. Location great between NG and Tierra Linda and Rocky's. If you are a low-key type of guy, I can recommend it. Party atmosphere guys would like NG much better.
    Are there a lot of mosquito's out now? Or is it their low season also?

Thread Information