Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 11/2010 - The "real" meaning of Novia

Thanks
    Thanked 1,044 Times in 358 Posts

Re: The "real" meaning of Novia

Two "novios" are lovers engaged to be married you know!
    If she wants to be your "novia"- that means she wants special status. This can only cause drama down the line. You could be honest and say you didn't come to find a "novia"- maybe "amiga"- that's fair.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bhutto,BhuttoGolly For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 7,406 Times in 795 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by The Sage View Post
    Don't play with that girl or any others. Tell them/her you will be a friend, nothing more nothing less. If it gets in the way of your free pussy man up and move on. There no need to play games.
    That's exactly what I am doing!
    They know that I just want to fuck and have/give good time when I am here.
    If they try to have more... Sorry, I can't do it!

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to QueGuapo For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 83,174 Times in 8,333 Posts

Before anyone attempts to answer the question with sarcasm or whatever you should know it is a serious question. I spent last evening with Danytravel. He is neither stupid or naive, quite the opposite, and will certainly never be a WU novio. He speaks excellent Spanish and has a lot of "game". He is the type of guy that will never have to pay for toto again in this country. He is asking because he does not want to "lie" to any of these girls. To say you are my novia without truly understanding what SHE will interpret that to mean is a potential issue. That is what he wants to know. You can leave the money aspect out of it because he will never be going that route.

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Seville For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 261,405 Times in 78,293 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Robert13212 View Post
    Before anyone attempts to answer the question with sarcasm or whatever you should know it is a serious question. I spent last evening with Danytravel. He is neither stupid or naive, quite the opposite, and will certainly never be a WU novio. He speaks excellent Spanish and has a lot of "game". He is the type of guy that will never have to pay for toto again in this country. He is asking because he does not want to "lie" to any of these girls. To say you are my novia without truly understanding what SHE will interpret that to mean is a potential issue. That is what he wants to know. You can leave the money aspect out of it because he will never be going that route.

No one can ever be 100% sure of anyone else.

You want access to trip reports?

Google Wallet

JDRent97@gmail.com

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jimmydr For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 33,954 Times in 10,160 Posts

We recently had a thread that touched on this topic, didn't we? I guess using the term "noviamiga" or "amigonovia" would work better, I guess?

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gdogg For This Useful Post:

Thanks

i like the fraze but mine is differant

12. The Following User Says Thank You to alex debagorski For This Useful Post:

JDR

Thanks
    Thanked 7,406 Times in 795 Posts

Thanks Robert,
    I totally understand the member reaction, what they are trying to do is protect me and thank them for it.
    We had a pretty good conversation last night and you saw me in action so you know what I am trying to do: no play games, not hurting anybody... just having good time.
    Anyway I will avoid the term Novia to make sure.
    I will create my own and explain them what I mean..
    What do you guys think of the new term "Frienda"?
    We can use it to mean friends that fuck and have a good time and that's it.
    I will be clear with the chicas in what that means... maybe in a couple of years all Sosua will know what it means.... it will speed up the process of explanations

14. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to QueGuapo For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 29,716 Times in 4,467 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by The Sage View Post
    Don't play with that girl or any others. Tell them/her you will be a friend, nothing more nothing less. If it gets in the way of your free pussy man up and move on. There no need to play games.

At the Original Poster:

Amigos Con Derechos! Friends with benefits!

Is that what you want? If the girls only want nice treatment then they should not have a problem with that.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SrSuerte For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 83,174 Times in 8,333 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by danytravel View Post
    Thanks Robert,
    I totally understand the member reaction, what they are trying to do is protect me and thank them for it.
    We had a pretty good conversation last night and you saw me in action so you know what I am trying to do: no play games, not hurting anybody... just having good time.
    Anyway I will avoid the term Novia to make sure.
    I will create my own and explain them what I mean..
    What do you guys think of the new term "Frienda"?
    We can use it to mean friends that fuck and have a good time and that's it.
    I will be clear with the chicas in what that means... maybe in a couple of years all Sosua will know what it means.... it will speed up the process of explanations
    Excellent idea. I always wondered who got to make up new words. Now I know

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Seville For This Useful Post:

JDR

Thanks

1 I am staying here other three days, I don't really care, the only thing I care is that she keeps giving me 100% of herself when we are together, when she is not with me and she fucks with 300 other guys at the time it's not my business and really don't care

the accurate term(s) would be:
    1 amiga con derecho
    2 avion ( literally means airplane) a woman that does sexual favors for free
    Last edited by Jimmydr; 11-03-2010 at 12:40 PM. Reason: fix quote

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cervezalover For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,659 Times in 409 Posts

She may be playing the LONG game.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to mighty836 For This Useful Post:

JDR

Thanks
    Thanked 2,659 Times in 409 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by alex debagorski View Post
    i like the fraze but mine is differant

Smelly Novia??????????

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mighty836 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 32,918 Times in 3,296 Posts

Someone here coined the term "Favorita" and was quite comfortable telling the chica that she was one of his "Favoritas".

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to bailar For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 14,088 Times in 2,301 Posts

the only thing I care is that she keeps giving me 100% of herself when we are together,

As I said, last thing I want is Drama
    Thats been established, she will continue to give you 100%, because of the chemistry you built together, the sex will only get better as she feels more comfortable with you.

The Drama part, now thats a different ball game. Its impossible to have a novia in a small town like Sosua, with out the drama. You said yourself you want to hit other whores. As soon as she see's you with other chicas, there's going to be drama. I would question her motives and ask her why she wants to be my novia.

To answer your question, everyone has different definitions of novia. Mine is a chica thats gives me discounted toto, its never free, but thats my idea of a novia. Now if you are already getting that, its not in your best interest to get into the novia conversations, its in her interest so try to avoid them. I had an amiga in Sosua, she wasnt my novia but she enjoyed throwing a few freebies my way, but as soon as she saw me in Classico's getting a lap dance, she wants money all of a sudden. Thats how those chicas think, if they giving it to you for free and they see you with another chica, they feel its there money you are spending on the other chica.
    Last edited by TONYTNT40; 11-03-2010 at 03:47 PM.

28. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to TONYTNT40 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 47,842 Times in 8,288 Posts

From what I know of you, danytravel, you will afterwards regret deceiving any girl into expecting more from you than you are willing and able to give her. That will leave a sour taste long after you have forgotten the petty triumph of getting free sex when you can well afford to pay.

I say, pay them a fair amount each time (say 1000 ST or 1500 TLN), and possibly meals and presents if giving these give you pleasure, but don't expect gratitude or for these to be counted as part payment.

For someone like you spending only a few days in the country at a time, the word "novia" has no useful application. If either you or the chica are using it, something isn't right.

30. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to weyland For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,975 Times in 607 Posts

It's pretty clear that you don't know me enough, and it's understandable since I am sure there were a lot of stupid guys in the past got trapped in the web.
    I assure you there are no money involved...( not on my side at least) I am romantic, not stupid...
    I never thought about giving her money and never will... that's one of the reason I am playing smart an trying to fuck as much as I can without money involved.
    she knows about that, I have been very clear since the beginning.
    My question was obviously another one...
    That's the reason why she wants to be your novia, she sees potential in you. Just play along, don't give your contact information, instead take hers and once you get to the airport, toss it in the trash bin!

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Maretti For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 72,262 Times in 11,768 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bhutto,BhuttoGolly View Post
    Two "novios" are lovers engaged to be married you know!
    This is one of those Merriam-Webster moments for me ... According to the the little Langenscheidt and the fat Oxford dictionaries on my desk, "novia" is a term that slides from "girlfriend" via "fiancee" to "bride". Yes, if your romance goes all the way down her primrose path, the DJ at the wedding banquet will annouce the two of you with, "Felicidades a los novios, Sweety y Chumpy!"
    If she wants to be your "novia"- that means she wants special status. This can only cause drama down the line. You could be honest and say you didn't come to find a "novia"- maybe "amiga"- that's fair.
    Dany, I don't know you, but it sounds as though you think with the big head. All I can say is that I, for myself, would be reluctant to hand out "novia" status unless I were in Robert's position: if I were living in-country and I'd found someone special who keeps my house clean, my bed warm, and my swimming pool splishy-splashy.

34. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Westy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 6,221 Times in 1,136 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bailar View Post
    Someone here coined the term "Favorita" and was quite comfortable telling the chica that she was one of his "Favoritas".
    This is what I told Ruth. She is my favorita. I made it clear that while I enjoy spending time with her I am going to fuck other chicas. She would ask me before I would go out if I going to be with another chica. I told her yes.. she obviously didn't Like it but had to either accept it or move on. she chose to accept it. one night she saw me in the club with another chica, she didn't cause no drama. funny thing is I was getting a bad vibe from the chicas I was with and Ruth was there to pick up the slack.I got free pussy. but the day I left I gave her money so there was no misunderstanding. we pay them so we don't have drama.

36. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to GrandePadre For This Useful Post:

Hoseman is offline 11/27/2011-R.I.P. Derrick "Hoseman" Smith. Engine Co. #5 AkA "Smitty"
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,348 Times in 3,096 Posts

Hi everybody,
    I just had an amazing sex/love session with a girl I see often here ( talked about her ass in the other post I have Danytravel back to Sosua: El regreso del Cristo) and she just left...
    We had a little talk and she told me she wants to be my Novia...
    SInce I told her that is not possible since I don't live here and I really like her but I still want to see other girls since I am on vacation and it will be like this even in the future,she answers that she understands but she will accept it and still wants to be my novia as long as I treat her the way I did so far..
    I obviously said yes.... but I wonder... Is this the normal situation?
    I mean, obiously they are not stupid and they know that we fuck around but is the "official" meaning of Novia lover or girlfriend? Because now I am really confused...
    The reason because I want to ask it is because I woulod like to "propose" this to other girls, but I don't want to be misunderstood since the crazy Drama is the last thing I want....
    I rely on the opinion of the "EXPERTS" in this boards...
    Thx
    You have no ideal how many times or how fast I have heard that shit.

38. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hoseman For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 47,842 Times in 8,288 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Westy View Post
    All I can say is that I, for myself, would be reluctant to hand out "novia" status unless I were in Robert's position: if I were living in-country and I'd found someone special who keeps my house clean, my bed warm, and my swimming pool splishy-splashy.
    ... and I get to see more often than once a month

40. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to weyland For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information