Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 11/2010 - The "real" meaning of Novia

Thanks
    Thanked 27,482 Times in 5,636 Posts

Re: The "real" meaning of Novia

Quote Originally Posted by danytravel View Post
    That's exactly what I am doing!
    They know that I just want to fuck and have/give good time when I am here.If they try to have more... Sorry, I can't do it!
    Similar topics like this have been discussed in recent threads.

Your relationship with this chica seems like an "amante":

An "amante" is a steady part-time lover available for company whenever the opportunity lends itself or the need arises. Usually, the relationship does not entail long-term promises or expectations. Gifts, wine and dining, and romantic getaways are considered par for the course.
    These type of "novias" are called amantes, part-time lovers who act and react like an honest-to-goodness girlfriend. The woman is not a "puta" in the strictest sense of the word as she may already be married or in a committed relationship. She may have one or two other amantes with whom she has occasional interludes. Amantes vary in age and come from all walks of life (eg housewives, students, shopkeepers, hotel clerks, nurses, lawyers, etc.) The amante is not necessarily promiscuous, but does enjoy recreational sex. Of course, all the presents, trips and dinners that her male amante will shower her with makes the relationship that much more enjoyable.
    And the different levels or categories of relationships between a man and woman:

... a part-time lover is called "amante"... male or female. I've heard the term used in CR, too, but "amante" seems to be more accepted in the paisa vocabulary. Basicially, the pecking order goes as follows: esposos; prometidos; novios and finally, amantes. Esposos (husband & wife) are self-explanatory. Prometidos are engaged to be married. Novios are steady BF/GF, but some clarification is needed. Singles can be novios without qualification. However, when one party of a couple is still married, it is not cricket to call them novios, unless the married person has intentions of ditching the legal spouse and advancing the relationship with the gf/bf. Amantes are below novios... and implies part-time lovers, amigos con derechos or simply-put, fuck-buddies. I guess after that comes amigas (plutonic) and prepagos (p4p). So, it is very possible that a guy could have relationships at every level simultaneously. Be married (but have plans to ditch the wife), have a novia (a girlfriend who will eventually "more or less" replace the wife); have one or two extra pieces on the side (amantes); partake in prepagos (putas) and have plutonic relationships with amigas.
    Blue Devil

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BlueDevil For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 16,394 Times in 2,280 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Westy View Post
    This is one of those Merriam-Webster moments for me ... According to the the little Langenscheidt and the fat Oxford dictionaries on my desk, "novia" is a term that slides from "girlfriend" via "fiancee" to "bride". Yes, if your romance goes all the way down her primrose path, the DJ at the wedding banquet will annouce the two of you with, "Felicidades a los novios, Sweety y Chumpy!"
    Dany, I don't know you, but it sounds as though you think with the big head. All I can say is that I, for myself, would be reluctant to hand out "novia" status unless I were in Robert's position: if I were living in-country and I'd found someone special who keeps my house clean, my bed warm, and my swimming pool splishy-splashy.
    This has been my understanding of how the term "novia" is used in the DR. You wouldn't call a casual lover your "novia".

And most Dominicans would laugh their asses off at someone who calls a puta their "novia".

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DCIronman For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 31,163 Times in 5,856 Posts

The best way is to have her as FOLLAMIGA.

...otherwise there is always a chance to 'meet the parents'

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tl2nhKVJNZo"]YouTube - SEXO EN LA CAMA CON UNA AMIGA XXX ( bien cachados )[/ame]

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to questner For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 84,377 Times in 13,906 Posts

Hi everybody,
    I just had an amazing sex/love session with a girl I see often here ( talked about her ass in the other post I have Danytravel back to Sosua: El regreso del Cristo) and she just left...
    We had a little talk and she told me she wants to be my Novia...

I obviously said yes.... but I wonder... Is this the normal situation?

I rely on the opinion of the "EXPERTS" in this boards...
    Thx
    Since no one else has mentioned it, I will: Did it occur to you to ask HER what her definition of "Novia" is?

I would of asked. Her concept of what a novia is might be surprisingly acceptable to you....
    If you think it's love try not paying in the morning..

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many."

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to MrHappy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 4,480 Times in 657 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DCIronman View Post
    This has been my understanding of how the term "novia" is used in the DR. You wouldn't call a casual lover your "novia".

And most Dominicans would laugh their asses off at someone who calls a puta their "novia".
    True enough, though it's amazing how many of the other chicas seem convinced you have a 'novia' if they happen to catch you walking down Pedro Clissante with her even once during daylight hours.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to getrhythm For This Useful Post:

JDR

Thanks
    Thanked 31,542 Times in 5,678 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by getrhythm View Post
    True enough, though it's amazing how many of the other chicas seem convinced you have a 'novia' if they happen to catch you walking down Pedro Clissante with her even once during daylight hours.
    They don't really believe she's your "novia", they're just calling you out in their own lil' slick way. "Prove to me you're not wifed up with that chica by fucking me too" is what they're really saying when they're telling you "you have a novia". Everything's a mind game with those chicks down there and you have to be able to read between the lines each and every time they say something to you. There's always an ulterior motive behind their words, as mundane as you might think those words may be.
    Bitch you wasn't with me shootin' in the gym ...

12. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to JuanElGriego For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,975 Times in 607 Posts

...Anyway I will avoid the term Novia to make sure.
    I will create my own and explain them what I mean..
    What do you guys think of the new term "Frienda"?...
    And what about "nothing"? If they give you free pussy, just get it and say nothing. Talk about something else. If they want to be your novias, that's their problem.

If they are there looking for tricks, they're putas. If you're there paying for sex, you're a john. Just leave it at that. We (men) tend to complicate things.

If you're a hunk that doesn't have to pay for sex and have game, then get the hell out of Sosua and go to the discos in Avenida Venezuela in Santo Domingo and have fun.

Anybody can be a hunk and have game in Sosua. Go to South Beach and play your trade there and then let's see if you really have game.

I remember the time when I was young and good looking (yes, I was), I was an idiot. When I could do as much as I wanted, I just chose to be with one. Then I decided to get married at the young age of 32. That should be illegal, the minimum age for marriage should be 70!

Nowadays I'm older but having more fun!

14. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Maretti For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 4,480 Times in 657 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JuanElGriego View Post
    They don't really believe she's your "novia", they're just calling you out in their own lil' slick way. "Prove to me you're not wifed up with that chica by fucking me too" is what they're really saying when they're telling you "you have a novia". Everything's a mind game with those chicks down there and you have to be able to read between the lines each and every time they say something to you. There's always an ulterior motive behind their words, as mundane as you might think those words may be.
    Right you are sir, of course. Actually, the perfect comeback would have been "si, mi amor, tengo novia, y ella no permitame pagar mas de quinientos pesos para otras chicas...esta bien?"

BTW - I'm lovin' bangin' all these Swiss guys' hot 'novias' for mil pesos a pop...

16. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to getrhythm For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 31,734 Times in 3,148 Posts

dominican women are too jealous

Dominican women are too jealous......

they will look through your phone, your luggage, your camera, get the guapa face when they see you with someone else, etc.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BigLongBeach For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 7,406 Times in 795 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Maretti View Post
    And what about "nothing"? If they give you free pussy, just get it and say nothing. Talk about something else. If they want to be your novias, that's their problem.

If they are there looking for tricks, they're putas. If you're there paying for sex, you're a john. Just leave it at that. We (men) tend to complicate things.

1-If you're a hunk that doesn't have to pay for sex and have game, then get the hell out of Sosua and go to the discos in Avenida Venezuela in Santo Domingo and have fun.

2-Anybody can be a hunk and have game in Sosua. Go to South Beach and play your trade there and then let's see if you really have game.

I remember the time when I was young and good looking (yes, I was), I was an idiot. When I could do as much as I wanted, I just chose to be with one. Then I decided to get married at the young age of 32. That should be illegal, the minimum age for marriage should be 70!

Nowadays I'm older but having more fun!
    1-This thread was about an advice regarding what's going on to me here in Sosua right now.
    I already paid for hotel and flights here in Sosua, I am meeting board friends and having fun here, why should I move somewhere else.....

2- Been there, done that, and also what should that be? A challenge?...come on...really?
    We are not here to do any of this bullshit (at least not me...) but to share experiences
    I like to change places and do different things...
    Right now for me Sosua is fun and I am meeting with people from the board that I am enjoying my time with

20. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to QueGuapo For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Re: dominican women are too jealous

Quote Originally Posted by BigLongBeach View Post
    Dominican women are too jealous......

they will look through your phone, your luggage, your camera, get the guapa face when they see you with someone else, etc.
    I can tell the same about Russians, Americans, Italians, French, Brasilians...

22. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to QueGuapo For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 72,262 Times in 11,768 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by getrhythm View Post
    Right you are sir, of course. Actually, the perfect comeback would have been "si, mi amor, tengo novia, y ella no permitame pagar mas de quinientos pesos para otras chicas...esta bien?"
    ¡Que chiste!

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Westy For This Useful Post:

JDR

Thanks
    Thanked 5,365 Times in 1,005 Posts

everytime i go to sosua women talk this novio/novia shyt...right now i have a chica i met in april and according to her i am her novio, but i tell her straight up that i do not have money to keep her off the streets so i cant be her novio...i think a lot of it is some of them want to grab on to something decent knowing a lot of d.r. men aint worth two dead flies...i think they just want some hope...they know what u are in sosua for just like you know why they are in sosua for....

26. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Chief Papi Lindo For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 7,762 Times in 1,628 Posts

Hi everybody,
    I just had an amazing sex/love session with a girl I see often here ( talked about her ass in the other post I have Danytravel back to Sosua: El regreso del Cristo) and she just left...
    We had a little talk and she told me she wants to be my Novia...
    SInce I told her that is not possible since I don't live here and I really like her but I still want to see other girls since I am on vacation and it will be like this even in the future,she answers that she understands but she will accept it and still wants to be my novia as long as I treat her the way I did so far..
    I obviously said yes.... but I wonder... Is this the normal situation?
    I mean, obiously they are not stupid and they know that we fuck around but is the "official" meaning of Novia lover or girlfriend? Because now I am really confused...
    The reason because I want to ask it is because I woulod like to "propose" this to other girls, but I don't want to be misunderstood since the crazy Drama is the last thing I want....
    I rely on the opinion of the "EXPERTS" in this boards...
    Thx
    I remember the first girl in the DR who I would end up going out with asked me how long I was staying in Sosua, I told her one week (this was a lie as I was staying for 2 weeks). Anyway, she replies "I could be your novia for the week". I only answer this with a smile. I knew she wanted me to be her regular client for the week. I was somewhat flattered as I had just met her a half-hour before.

This January I went out with a girl named Margarita for five nights. During my first week there I sessioned with various other chicas. On the Monday of my second week there I ran into Margarita (I had actually been in a 2 for 1 session with her the previous trip) and we went out that night and then the next night. I met her again on Wednesday night. I had already hit her best friend and niece on this trip but she has a 2nd niece (Estrella)that I hadn't hit yet (by the way Margarita is 24, and her nieces are 21 and 20, lol). I tell her "I feel sorry for Estrella" (meaning I was sorry for hitting all of the other girls in Margarita' s group but ignoring Estrella). She takes my hint and says "whatever you wish". After she says this I realize that I don't want to go out with other girls and I don't want her to go out with other guys. So I blurt out "when I am in Sosua you are my novia". Her face lightens up when she hears this and she replies "and you are my novio". We have essentially agreed to see each other exclusively (although I still pay for her services). In the room that night after our session she grabs my lower jaw with her hand, shakes it gentley and says "no chicas". Our remaining sessions would be much more intimate including DFK.

It seems like a paradox - I am a john and she is a hooker, but we were true to each other the rest of the trip. It was all in good fun. That being said, I will not refer to a girl in a pay4play relationship as a 'novia' again. Too strong of a term for that. I think 'favorita' or 'preferida' would be more appropriate.

Just my 2 cents.

28. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to DASBOOTY For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 117,702 Times in 19,855 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ChiefJustice View Post
    everytime i go to sosua women talk this novio/novia shyt...right now i have a chica i met in april and according to her i am her novio, but i tell her straight up that i do not have money to keep her off the streets so i cant be her novio...i think a lot of it is some of them want to grab on to something decent knowing a lot of d.r. men aint worth two dead flies...i think they just want some hope...they know what u are in sosua for just like you know why they are in sosua for....
    That's what they tell you. It's what they think you need to hear and it's a setup for the "Gringo Lotto".

Who do you think they're bringing your money home to anyway?

It may be fun to "play house" for awhile but like you said..."you know why they're there".
    Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.
    - Benjamin Franklin

30. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to greydread For This Useful Post:

Thanks

i just joined this site, i've been going to dr for some time now, and i cannot believe the fools that are on this site, just fuck them and leave them.. simple,, fuck them and leave them. if your fucking for free and not giving her anything after you nut. she will be expecting a nice big load of cash before you leave. fuck her and pay her. I just put it all together, she's your novia and your her novio, when the door is closed.. other than that, fuck em..

32. The Following User Says Thank You to DaDreadXL For This Useful Post:

JDR

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DaDreadXL View Post
    i just joined this site, i've been going to dr for some time now, and i cannot believe the fools that are on this site, just fuck them and leave them.. simple,, fuck them and leave them. if your fucking for free and not giving her anything after you nut. she will be expecting a nice big load of cash before you leave. fuck her and pay her. I just put it all together, she's your novia and your her novio, when the door is closed.. other than that, fuck em..
    Wow... here is somebody who knows everything...

34. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to QueGuapo For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 6,553 Times in 1,889 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DaDreadXL View Post

Man I hope this guy sticks around. This could be the new me when it comes to starting flame wars. lol
    "The Royal Penis is Clean Your Majesty"

"No cushion for the pushin, no peso for the queso"

36. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to princepointe For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by princepointe View Post
    Man I hope this guy sticks around. This could be the new me when it comes to starting flame wars. lol
    Do we really need that? I don't think so!
    Plus, I don't recall Prince, that you were so disrespectful of calling a lot of people fools. I don't agree with a lot of shit you say, but it doesn't matter, it's your opinion and I respect it. I do not respect somebody who calls other stupid without even know the person. This is just ignorance

38. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to QueGuapo For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 83,174 Times in 8,333 Posts

Do we really need that? I don't think so!
    Plus, I don't recall Prince, that you were so disrespectful of calling a lot of people fools. I don't agree with a lot of shit you say, but it doesn't matter, it's your opinion and I respect it. I do not respect somebody who calls other stupid without even know the person. This is just ignorance
    There is always a lot of that on an internet message board, regardless of subject matter. Just ignore it.

40. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Seville For This Useful Post:

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information