Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 11/2010 - Classicos VIP and Bottle service

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 89,168 Times in 10,927 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JuanElGriego View Post
    You can still order a bottle without doing the VIP area in Classico.

You can get a booth, be closer to the action and have a much better view of all the prospective talent around, and not have thirsty bitches peeking into that corny little VIP area tucked in the back, hoping to get asked to come in .... and then have to deal with telling them they need to get out if they're acting stupid or you're simply not feeling them.

Now if you already got girls and you just want to chill in there with your buddies and girls, i guess the VIP there can work.
    I went in with balcoach for the VIP that night. Then Ryatt and his guys had it the next night, so I was there 2 nights in a row.

Fucking hated that spot!

First, you can't see shit happening in the rest of the club, because everyone stands right in front of the VIP, and blocks your view.

Second, one night, there were some dudes that were being pricks, and not moving when I was trying to get out and go to the banos. Trying to mean mug me into starting some shit with there big asses (I won't say it was the jetblue weekend warrior crowd, because I know some guys get worked up when others say that. But, I will say they were from the NorthEast coast from their accents). I learned that night that a 200 peso tip to the bouncers gets more than a booth cleared. A bouncer cleared my path everytime I walked out of the VIP that night. Damn those guys were pissed after that!

I prefer the booths myself.

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to TNT72 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Yeah yeah, keep playing that 'oh shucks' role on here.

Robert's from Syracuse everybody ... and very proud of it ... so if you ever see a guy wearing a 'Cuse Carmelo Anthony jersey standing in the middle of the Classico dance floor with a bottle of Cognac in his hand ... don't be shy ... walk up and say hello to Robert. He's good people.

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TNT72 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 31,542 Times in 5,678 Posts

Re: 11/2010 - Classicos VIP and Bottle service

Quote Originally Posted by TNT72 View Post
    I went in with balcoach for the VIP that night. Then Ryatt and his guys had it the next night, so I was there 2 nights in a row.

Fucking hated that spot!

First, you can't see shit happening in the rest of the club, because everyone stands right in front of the VIP, and blocks your view.
    Exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by TNT72 View Post
    Second, one night, there were some dudes that were being pricks, and not moving when I was trying to get out and go to the banos. Trying to mean mug me into starting some shit with there big asses (I won't say it was the jetblue weekend warrior crowd, because I know some guys get worked up when others say that. But, I will say they were from the NorthEast coast from their accents). I learned that night that a 200 peso tip to the bouncers gets more than a booth cleared. A bouncer cleared my path everytime I walked out of the VIP that night. Damn those guys were pissed after that!

I prefer the booths myself.
    Remember that night we walked into Classico and you were like "damn, no booth spots" and i was like 'don't worry, i'll get us a fuckin' booth".

You slunk off and two minutes later i was calling at you "over here!!!" .. and you were like "how'd you do that"???

One hand washes the other and that holds true everywhere in the world. In a shithole like Classico all it takes is a couple hundred pesos, elsewhere it takes more, but the fact remains the same.
    Bitch you wasn't with me shootin' in the gym ...

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to JuanElGriego For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 83,174 Times in 8,333 Posts

Re: Classico Price List

Yeah yeah, keep playing that 'oh shucks' role on here.

Robert's from Syracuse everybody ... and very proud of it ... so if you ever see a guy wearing a 'Cuse Carmelo Anthony jersey standing in the middle of the Classico dance floor with a bottle of Cognac in his hand ... don't be shy ... walk up and say hello to Robert. He's good people.
    Yes, Syracuse, the Cognac capital of the world. Just before I left I was sipping some Cognac (do you actually sip it??) with Beyonce, Donald Trump and the President of France outside the Carrier Dome.
    Enjoy it while you can.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Seville For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Exactly.

Remember that night we walked into Classico and you were like "damn, no booth spots" and i was like 'don't worry, i'll get us a fuckin' booth".

You slunk off and two minutes later i was calling at you "over here!!!" .. and you were like "how'd you do that"???

One hand washes the other and that holds true everywhere in the world. In a shithole like Classico all it takes is a couple hundred pesos, elsewhere it takes more, but the fact remains the same.
    When I asked you how you got one, you replied " I've been coming her for fucking years, they know me". That was the night I realized that a little goes a long way there.

With so many trips this year, the waiters now fight to find me the best spot, as soon as I walk in. But I still give one certain bouncer a couple hundred pesos each night, just for a little CYA. He is never far away, and always keeps an eye on me.

Who knows what shit I can get myself into!!

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to TNT72 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 4,941 Times in 691 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BigLongBeach View Post
    Brugal will be cheap. I think its about 1000rd.

stuff like greygoose is gonna be more than 3500rd.

rule of thumb is local alcohol will be cheaper, imported alcohol will go for the gringo price.
    1 bottle of brugal (700ml) is 300 pesos.
    1 bottle of coke (2l) is 600 pesos.

on my last trip we always got two brugals and the coke for 1200 pesos total. enough booze for 3 guys. so 1 person pays about 450-500 incl. a tip.

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to adios For This Useful Post:

Thanks

You can still order a bottle without doing the VIP area in Classico.

You can get a booth, be closer to the action and have a much better view of all the prospective talent around, and not have thirsty bitches peeking into that corny little VIP area tucked in the back, hoping to get asked to come in .... and then have to deal with telling them they need to get out if they're acting stupid or you're simply not feeling them.

Now if you already got girls and you just want to chill in there with your buddies and girls, i guess the VIP there can work.
    Oh crap, I just realized what you guys are talking about. I thought the booths upstairs was the VIP, I forgot about that room further back in the corner (Only made one trip so far). yea, that def looks like a waste of time...I'll stick to the booths since that seems to be where the actions is.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to lateforwork For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by adios View Post
    1 bottle of brugal (700ml) is 300 pesos.
    1 bottle of coke (2l) is 600 pesos.

on my last trip we always got two brugals and the coke for 1200 pesos total. enough booze for 3 guys. so 1 person pays about 450-500 incl. a tip.

I thought the small bottle of brugal was 300 pesos an the large bottle 600 or 700 ,but i was usually feeling real good by that point

2 bottles was nescessary some nights not really though

I agree with TNT never did the vip thing but that section is always jammed up ,We would get a bottle or 3 an sit at the tables by the bar in the back great view an service aswell

16. The Following User Says Thank You to joeybk For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 46,477 Times in 4,501 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joeybk View Post
    I thought the small bottle of brugal was 300 pesos an the large bottle 600 or 700 ,but i was usually feeling real good by that point

I agree with TNT never did the vip thing but that section is always jammed up ,We would get a bottle or 3 an sit at the tables by the bar in the back great view an service aswell
    You are correct, about the bottle prices. They are in that range depending on the type of brugal. I believe enejo i s the most expensive at 350 pequeno and 700 Grande. You pay for extra soda! I prefer the tall tables by the dance floor, but I am a dancing fool.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to tgunz For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 4,941 Times in 691 Posts

Sorry, my bad. Nevertheless, it's cheap compared to the Presidentes for 150 pesos...

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to adios For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Sorry, my bad. Nevertheless, it's cheap compared to the Presidentes for 150 pesos...
    Yes, i should also note the Ciroc price i quoted was at Copa not Classico.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to JuanElGriego For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Anint that the truth after 10 - 20 threwout the day mix with congac ,the presidentes got no love at night

But i must thank Mr smooth for introducing me to ron barcelo ,it was much smoother than Brugal an i enjoyed it straight up with that beautiful Cigar i was blessed with from Ryatt, Alec bradley if i recall correct .Thanks again to both those most kind gentlemen

24. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to joeybk For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 114,003 Times in 10,353 Posts

Anint that the truth after 10 - 20 threwout the day mix with congac ,the presidentes got no love at night
    Huh??? I beg to differ . Although a little vodka/ redbull always hit the spot when the sun went down.
    Vida es buena....

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Irie For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 49,149 Times in 7,404 Posts

it's cheap compared to the Presidentes for 150 pesos...
    when did the go up to $150 Pesos in Classicos......that's like $4US......wow.......

wasn't too long ago I was buying Presidentes at Elflow for $50 Pesos.........

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SeaWeed For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SeaWeed View Post
    when did the go up to $150 Pesos in Classicos......that's like $4US......wow.......

wasn't too long ago I was buying Presidentes at Elflow for $50 Pesos.........
    But one is a nightclub and one isn't.

Apples and oranges.

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JuanElGriego For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 51,266 Times in 7,383 Posts

But i must thank Mr smooth for introducing me to ron barcelo ,it was much smoother than Brugal an i enjoyed it straight up with that beautiful Cigar i was blessed with from Ryatt, Alec bradley if i recall correct .Thanks again to both those most kind gentlemen
    You are welcome, amigo. I was introduced to it on my 2nd trip by Lou, the owner of the apparently closed up, Shark Bar. A much smoother taste and finish. I think I'll grab a bottle or two for the trip back home next time down.

32. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mr. Smooth For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 15,035 Times in 2,159 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Smooth View Post
    You are welcome, amigo. I was introduced to it on my 2nd trip by Lou, the owner of the apparently closed up, Shark Bar. A much smoother taste and finish. I think I'll grab a bottle or two for the trip back home next time down.
    How could a guy named Mr. Smooth drink anything else!

34. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Nakom For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iriemon70 View Post
    Huh??? I beg to differ . Although a little vodka/ redbull always hit the spot when the sun went down.
    Well i meant from me they got no love 95% of the time at night .

But you on the other hand along with TNT were clearing them out by the case

36. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to joeybk For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Smooth View Post

I had to give thanks an props where its due

yes Mr smooth it was indeed a smooth finish ,i thought the exact same Im definetly gonna bring some home on my next trip .

This trip i didnt brnig back any because im a congac drinker an many of my co workers who are from the island's always talk about white hennesy .Soo i brought home 3 bottles they all went but they werent all they were cracked up to be .Its not vsop an In my opinion theres nothing special about the white its smoother than the regular but the quality was lacking especially considering the price .

38. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to joeybk For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,152 Times in 236 Posts

Barcelo has been my preferred choice for years, it is truly great. If I never return to the DR, I will continue to drink my Barcelo, dulce tormento. Gran Anejo is the shit but I have to special order it here for $25 so I just buy the Anejo for $15.99. It is the best bargain in the store.

I will pull the trigger on the Barcelo Imperial to treat myself but since I usually mix with a little Coke and lime, the Anejo is more appropriate.

40. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mho For This Useful Post:

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information