Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: TSA Body scanners vs pat-down

Thanks
    Thanked 5,063 Times in 1,733 Posts

Re: TSA Body scanners vs pat-down

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger View Post
    It's hard to believe but they let knitting needles on planes. I have seen it and my wife has taken them on. I would think you could do some serious damage with a metal or even wooden knitting needle.

I also wonder where they came up with the 3 oz. bottle limit. Each container must only be 3 oz or less but you can take as many of the 3 oz. bottles as you want. Plus......3 oz of bad stuff can do allot of damage.

The rules are hysterical. I had a baseball bat confiscated. A NERF baseball bat I bought for an ex's kid. I was also traveling with a guitar at the time and asked the TSA dope which is a better weapon? A NERF bat or a heavy ass piece of mahagony. . . . actually I think it was swamp ash. . . .lol . ..

In miami a few months back there was only one scanner. Only 1st class people went through it and only 50% of them. Any dopey terrorist would just get on the coach line or walk to another terminal.

It would not be hard to have the software convert the 3D render into wireframe or a spline patch and just show any items that may require further examination. I guess 2.0

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to prtyr2 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 51,713 Times in 9,684 Posts

The 3 oz bottle limit is the biggest crock of shit... they take away my gatorade bottle or cup of Dunkin Donuts coffee etc ( if Im drinking it, guess what, its probably not a dangerous liquid) , just so I have to buy it again at an inflated price inside the food court, all to protect me . Im guessing whoever had the inside track on this shit, heavily invested in the Airport food court concession business and is now getting filthy rich. The lines are incredible. Its a huge cash Cow.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to JD426 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 14,088 Times in 2,301 Posts

I dont mind the scanner, I like it much better than, the puffer. I hated the puffer, because I didnt like the idea, that they were blowing air, or whatever up my ass. I think, all of it is a crock of shit, because I am allowed a lighter and a razor in my carry on, but no mouthwash or toothpaste. To my recollection both items were used to screw up a plane.

Hoseman is offline 11/27/2011-R.I.P. Derrick "Hoseman" Smith. Engine Co. #5 AkA "Smitty"
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,348 Times in 3,096 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger View Post
    Hey Hoseman, Do they have then in DTW yet?
    Yes they do.They did it randomly.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Hoseman For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 13,676 Times in 4,820 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hoseman View Post
    Yes they do.They did it randomly.

Last edited by mikelodge; 11-23-2010 at 05:21 PM. Reason: picture went away so I searched and found it LOL

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mikelodge For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,203 Times in 762 Posts

Funny shit Lodge!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to leeway99 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 117,702 Times in 19,855 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jd426 View Post
    The 3 oz bottle limit is the biggest crock of shit... they take away my gatorade bottle or cup of Dunkin Donuts coffee etc ( if Im drinking it, guess what, its probably not a dangerous liquid) , just so I have to buy it again at an inflated price inside the food court, all to protect me . Im guessing whoever had the inside track on this shit, heavily invested in the Airport food court concession business and is now getting filthy rich. The lines are incredible. Its a huge cash Cow.
    12 oz bottle of water at FLL Terminal H Dunkin Donuts = $1.95

Safety my ass. It's all about the money! They buy a case of 24 for $3.

We've been had...hoodwinked...bamboozled.
    Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.
    - Benjamin Franklin

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to greydread For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 117,702 Times in 19,855 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Smooth View Post
    Some of these TSA people do get off at the power they have over ordering people in line. They seem to think they are the equivalent of the Secret Service or something. To me, they are nothing more than a glorified mall cop. And some of the women!! Jeezus! Loud, abrasive, obnoxious. It's their way of getting back at society, especially to the guys standing in line, for having been passed over in the game of love. Power goes to their head and they revel in it as a respite to the rest of their miserable, lonely lives.

If technology is available that will allow me to get through security with as little contact as possible with these people, I'm all for it.
    Nobody left a good job to work for TSA as an airport screener.

I had a little time on my hands on one trip and when the TSA guy tried to confiscate my Bic after the rules changed I asked for his supervisor with whom I discussed the printout of the new contraband list I brought on the trip. You'd have thought I pissed on the guys Mom's church shoes. What a Dumas!

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to greydread For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

it gets WORSE... Janet Napolitano http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Janet_Napolitano (The homeland security Dike biatch) Made a statement that she is considering EXEMPTIONS FOR MUSLIM WOMEN ( with respect to the pat downs) ... because they are more "modest" !? I dont even know how to touch that statement right there.
    .... trying to find a clip of this to see if its true. It was talked about at length on the Radio yesterday..
    They are not going to have to worry about bombs, cause my HEAD is going to fucking EXPLODE if this is in fact true.. What twilight Zone have we entered. I feel like im in some kind of Bad Dream and I cant wake up.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JD426 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 84,377 Times in 13,906 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jd426 View Post
    it gets WORSE... Janet Napolitano http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Janet_Napolitano (The homeland security Dike biatch) Made a statement that she is considering EXEMPTIONS FOR MUSLIM WOMEN ( with respect to the pat downs) ... because they are more "modest" !? I dont even know how to touch that statement right there.
    .... trying to find a clip of this to see if its true. It was talked about at length on the Radio yesterday..
    They are not going to have to worry about bombs, cause my HEAD is going to fucking EXPLODE if this is in fact true.. What twilight Zone have we entered. I feel like im in some kind of Bad Dream and I cant wake up.
    These are the same muslin women who are experimenting with breast implants filled with explosives.

Folks like Janet simply do not have a clue.........

A terrorism expert says the invasive screening procedures demanded by the Obama-run Transportation Security Administration would do almost nothing to stop a determined terrorist because they already are experimenting with inserting explosives in a body cavity or even surgically implanting the destructive charges.

The comments come from Brigitte Gabriel, who is the founder of Act! For America, a 150,000-strong group that works to warn Americans against the dangers of militant Islam and the Muslims who follow it.

She also is a member of the board of advisers for the Intelligence Summit, and she lectures internationally on global terrorism.

Join more than 17,000 others in a petition demanding action against the intrusive airport screening procedures implemented by Janet Napolitano and send a letter to Congress, President Obama and others telling them exactly what you think about the issue.

The issue has hit a flashpoint in the last few days as newly installed TSA procedures demand that airline passengers submit to a full-body scanning machine that generates an essentially nude image of the passenger for TSA workers to see, or a full-body pat-down that includes what critics have called "groping" of private parts of the body.

"These procedures are not effective at all with terrorists," Gabriel told WND in an interview today. "If a true terrorist wants to go blow up an airplane, these machines will not detect it."

She said like drug dealers already have proven, substances hidden inside body cavities or even embedded surgically remain undetected by any or all of the TSA's procedures.

"If al-Qaida is planning against the U.S. multiple attacks in a day, in multiple airplanes, it could duplicate 9/11," she told WND. "Al-Qaida is testing inserting breast implants, stuffing breast implants with explosives."

She said a woman then could go into an airplane restroom and use a syringe similar to those used by diabetic patients to trigger an explosion that would disintegrate a modern jet.

"This is what al-Qaida is resorting to, and they're exploring surgery for men," she warned. "They want to implant explosives inside the body.

"Terrorists are conditioned and trained to blow themselves up, to become suicide bombers," she said. "They are ready to die to go to heaven to meet Allah."

It was last February that the special intelligence report Joseph Farah's G2 Bulletin documented the same circumstances Gabriel described.

At that time, it was revealed in the special report that intelligence agents for Britain's MI5 service found that Muslim doctors trained at some of Britain's leading teaching hospitals had returned to their own countries to fit surgical implants filled with explosives.

The report documented that women suicide bombers recruited by al-Qaida were known to have had the explosives inserted in their breasts under techniques similar to breast enhancing surgery. The lethal explosives – usually PETN (pentaerythritol Tetrabitrate) – are inserted during the operation inside the plastic shapes. The breast is then sewn up.

The report said similar surgery has been performed on male suicide bombers. In their cases, the explosives are inserted in the appendix area or in a buttock. Both are parts of the body that diabetics use to inject themselves with their prescribed drugs.

The report at the time quoted Jonathan Evans, head of MI5, saying, "Properly inserted the implant would be virtually impossible to detect by the usual airport scanning machines. You would need to subject a suspect to a sophisticated X-ray. Given that the explosive would be inserted in a sealed plastic sachet, and would be a small amount, would make it all the more impossible to spot it with the usual body scanner."

Experts confirmed in the report that a sachet containing as little as five ounces of PETN when activated would blow "a considerable hole" in a jet airliner, guaranteeing a crash.

Gabriel, who has addressed former Australian Prime Minister John Howard, members of Congress, the Joint Forces Staff College, the U.S. Special Operations Command, the FBI and members of the British Parliament, said the only accurate way to spot terrorists is to use the profiling techniques used in Israel, which despite being a major target for terrorism, has a substantially safe airline industry.

"They know how to profile, ask the right questions. This is what it's going to take," she said. "We need to throw political correctness in the garbage where it belongs. This is the time for the public to rise up and demand public officials to come up with ways to identity the threats by name."

Gabriel, who is author of the New York Times best-seller "Because they hate: A survivor of Islamic terror warns America," and "They Must Be Stopped: Why we must defeat radical Islam and how we can do it," was a news anchor for "World News," the Arabic evening news broadcast for Middle East Television seen throughout Israel, Egypt, Syria, Jordan and Lebanon. She covered the Israeli withdrawal from Central Lebanon, the Israeli Security Zone and the Palestinian uprising in the West Bank and Gaza. Her work was international in scope, bringing her in contact with world figures such as Margaret Thatcher, George H. Bush Sr., Itshak Rabin, Shimon Perez and Ariel Sharon.

She moved to the U.S. in 1989 and founded a television production company that worked with "The Today Show," "Oprah," "Dr. Phil" and others.

She told WND in Israel, terror experts are trained to watch for eye movements, breathing rates and other physical indicators that a "passenger" is more than just that.

Even something as simple as a cologne or perfume can be an indicator, she said, because terrorists essentially are preparing themselves to enter heaven.

Those factors can pinpoint a potential terrorist whether they are dark-skinned and named Mohammed or they are six-foot-tall, blue-eyed, blonde holders of American passports, she said.

The current TSA demands "insult our intelligence," she said. "It's nothing more than window dressing. … The American public must come together and revolt against these procedures. The Obama administration has failed in identifying our problem. The administration is not paying attention to terrorism."

She called out Obama even for his decisions to eradicate references such as "Islamic terrorist," "jihad" and "Islamic radicals" from the speech of the government.

"How on earth can we win against the jihadists if we are afraid to identify them by name," she said.

If you think it's love try not paying in the morning..

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many."

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MrHappy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,745 Times in 562 Posts

TSA training video:
    "The only known aphrodisiac is variety."

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pacoloco For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,545 Times in 414 Posts

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/WXDLQPfqc04?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/WXDLQPfqc04?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXDLQ...embedded#at=35

23. The Following User Says Thank You to ralphie1 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 4,909 Times in 1,445 Posts

TSA Gangstaz Now thats some funny shit
    Putas are like lottery tickets, sometimes you get a winner sometimes you get a loser.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,106 Times in 4,436 Posts

Thumbs Up More TSA sillyness...

Skip to 0:55 or so...

http://gizmodo.com/5697222/
    Watch Adam Savage showing proof of the ineptitude/inefficacy/idiocy of the TSA's practices at airport security checkpoints. He's not the first. Plenty of people have similar stories, even going through body scanners with knives. Clearly, we need other security policies.

Preferably some that don't make parents take off the shirt of their kids out of pure frustration.
    Last edited by Apos; 11-23-2010 at 06:55 PM.
    When you can think of yesterday without regret and tomorrow without fear, you are near contentment.
    Your opinions are not my problem...

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Apos For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

http://gizmodo.com/5696160/why-the-t...rrorist-attack

Why the TSA Practices Could Result In Public Rebellion or a Terrorist Attack
    Deirdre Walker was the Assistant Chief of the Montgomery County, Maryland, Department of Police, spending 24 years as a police officer. Here she explains why the TSA's inconsistent procedures may end in public rebellion and/or a terrorist attack.

"Do I have the right to refuse this search?"

Blog Entries
    Thanks

http://gizmodo.com/5696569/tsa-heres...rport-security

TSA: Here's What You Need To Know About Airport Security

29. The Following User Says Thank You to Apos For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

TSA has a "mission" ??? OK, well I feel much safer now, just like when I am watching little Einsteins with my 3 year old Nephew. June ,Quincy Leo and Annie , they are always on a Mission too, and it always turns out for the best...... Yeagh, just like that.

Fucking Clowns... they need to Fire the whole LOT, & start with this Duchebag Stooge who talks with his hands like we are all fucking Morons and he's our daddy.

31. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JD426 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 4,909 Times in 1,445 Posts

Tsa your safety is our priority, and you can choose to opt out and we will delay your fuckin ass till your flight departs, CAUSE WE CAN.

that should be theyr new moto.

33. The Following User Says Thank You to vewdew For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

They're not my favorite bunch either, TSA. I find them to be pointlessly, in fact needlessly, heavy-handed, arrogant and rude. Walking in a line and going through a metal detector and your stuff through the xray should not have to be such a miserable and uncomfortable experience. I understand that their jobs may suck and that they are not all that well paid but so are a lot of other people and most of them/us manage to be pleasant.
    Last edited by Apos; 11-23-2010 at 07:51 PM.

35. The Following User Says Thank You to Apos For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 5,021 Times in 1,165 Posts

TSA Groping Lampooned on Japanese TV

37. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Si_Poppi For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information