Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: searches at airport

Thanks
    Thanked 4,303 Times in 1,519 Posts

Re: searches at airport

I would <size=+6>strongly</size> advise against going thru the scanners there is now law saying you have too. Ive been working in Medical Radiaton for many years so trust me you get enough radiation when you fly. You don't a high powered CAT scan to prove you're not a fucking terrorist. Oh by the way I don't want to offend people but it was these wacky implementations of security that ****** started in the name of national security.
    If God didn't want me to sin he wouldn't have given me a penis...

Thanks
    Thanked 72,262 Times in 11,768 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sacase View Post
    Dude, you are taking the fear mongering to a whole new level. I am sorry, when did DR turn into North Korea? I must have missed that in the news. But seriously, thanks for the entertainment.
    OMG - you mean that ugly Asian-looking chick who groped me at El Flow really was - KIM JONG IL IN DRAG!!!!???

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Westy For This Useful Post:

Thanks

So the whole jist of this is calling the TSA to find the correct way of bringing 100 Franklin's in for a 1 month stay in any country?

Ric
    Excuse my Spellin!!

Thanks

This is a link for carrying cash through the new screens.
    http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/108/las-vegas-lifestyle/cash-through-airport-screening-928106/
    This was a directive at the TSA web site.
    Screening
    Q. Will I be delayed during screening if I am carrying large amounts of cash?
    A. TSA does not restrict passengers from carrying cash through our security checkpoints. However, when TSA discovers a passenger carrying a sum of cash that appears to be in excess of $10,000 and the passenger is traveling to a location outside of the United States, TSA may notify U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) to ensure compliance with international currency-reporting requirements. Also, TSA may notify law enforcement officers if cash is discovered during the security screening process that appears to be related to criminal activity based on factors such as the quantity, packaging, circumstances of discovery, or the method by which it is carried. Correct me if I’m wrong but this info doesn’t say if you can hold your cash in your hand while going thru.

Here is a link for a money belt which has zippered pockets on the back side it also has a plastic buckle.
    http://www.magellans.com/store/Shop_by_Brand___PacSafe_BagsSV123?Args=#
    Ric
    Excuse my Spellin!!
    Last edited by riclagriclag; 12-10-2010 at 06:10 AM. Reason: Poor fonts

Thanks
    Thanked 22,235 Times in 2,615 Posts

I've traveld a lot in the past and I have been told that each airport handles screening a bit different and I have found this to be generally true. I used to travel out of O'hare in Chicago and they would not let me hold a wallet in my hand and had to put it into a doggy tray for all to see and swipe possibly...

I usually have a spot in my carry-on that I put my wallet, watch and etc. On about one out of ten trips they take a look through the bag and each time tsa did it in front of me... If I am carrying extra cash, I will put it into an envelope and keep it in my pocket when going through the scanners or I will put it into a spot in the carry-on that is zippered so some would have to take it out. If it's a lot of money I usually divide it into two...

All that being said, I have never had any problem with money or valuables going missing...just stuff getting destroyed or taken in my checked-in baggage...which is another story... That is why I keep my valuables with me or in my carry-on... Also, I don't use a normal carry-on, I use a bag that has a strap that cannot be easily cut and stolen... I like the heavy ballistic nylon bags and usually buy a seperate heavy strap that also makes carrying a heavy bag easier...

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jose1234 For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information