Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Just so you know what you're up against...

Thanks
    Thanked 1,844 Times in 377 Posts

Re: Just so you know what you're up against...

aint nothing wrong with marrying one... if it dont work out cut her ass loose and send her right on back to tha DR. isent any different than marrying one here in the states except she dont have far to go when u tell her to hit tha road

Thanks
    Thanked 7,134 Times in 2,768 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jd426 View Post
    but someone recently married one, I guess he must have hit the Lotto.
    He was never a monger, at least not a good one, his naivete enabled him to pull up stakes and dive in head first. he's happy, that's all that counts.

But I don't think we've seen the last of the drama there, I wish him well but blind faith can be dangerous

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Klockman For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 15,035 Times in 2,159 Posts

Wow. I would have never guessed. I had the opposite. I was on Dom Cupid for a month before my 3rd trip. I got 50 IM's and 10-20 emails a day from DR chicas. I hardly ever sent anything out first. My first two days I had 50-60 emails both days.

My personal take - anyone with half way intelligence can figure out the good from the bad just by reading the profile and 5-10 min of conversation. Maybe I just got lucky but I only set up one date in Santiago and I was 1 for 1. Great girl, as advertised, non pro, 1 night and 1 morning nut, no money, smell ya later. Easy as shooting fish in a barrel.

My Tip: Only get a 1 month membership. Get it so that that it expires on the day you leave the DR. It is a great tool once you are in country. Any earlier than that and you will forget about each other long before you take your trip.

5. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Nakom For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jonew View Post
    aint nothing wrong with marrying one... if it dont work out cut her ass loose and send her right on back to tha DR. isent any different than marrying one here in the states except she dont have far to go when u tell her to hit tha road
    It's not that easy jonew as you can't send them right back if they don't want to go.

The major reason they marry someone from North America is to have a chance at getting away from the hell hole they were living in. They can make life hell for you with a divorce with temporary support payments to her and then paying for her lawyer out of her own pocket. Not to mention you paying for your own lawyer. In the end the Chica can end up with at least half of everything you own plus alimony payments(and support payments if any kids) depending on how many years you two were together. Then after the divorce all they do is remarry the next North American sucker that they can find so they can have another chance at a green card if they don't already have one. And then she'll travel on vacation with her new husband from either their beautiful new home in North America to her beautiful new home in the DR or vice versa that you all paid for thru your divorce.
    Last edited by Snowman; 11-30-2010 at 02:17 PM.

7. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Snowman For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 7,134 Times in 2,768 Posts

It's not like that in Canada, you bring someone here as a wife you support her, regardless of what happens in the marriage and if you get her pregnant, she's got an awful long ride on your dime

9. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Klockman For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 6,404 Times in 668 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MrHappy View Post
    Well.. this thread took a little different tack than I thought.

The point I so miserably made is that you should probably consider yourself lucky to some extent if a reasonably good looking girl responds to you at all. I know my ex ain't the only one who gets more that she could ever respond to.

You guys writing to girls on DC have some major competition.

Three of the girls in my office are major league religious girls(evangelicals) and THEY get tons messages every day. I would consider all three of them to be so-so looking.
    Thanks for sharing.. Though I have to say this is exactly the opposite of what I experienced on DC Cupid. A few of us put up profiles before going two trips ago and I was overwhelmed with responses and I had a very good response rate from those where I initiated contact. I eventually had to turn my profile to permanently busy as so many windows popped up every time I logged on it was hard to read messages.

The others in the group had a similar experience.. The problem wasn't finding someone it was keeping too many fuglies from taking all your time and vetting the others. Too many girls, not enough time.

I recently created an account on Colombian Cupid - at this point it is still invisible (no point in talking until closer to the trip) so I can't say how it will be there yet.. But I am willing to bet it will be similar.
    Last edited by Talis; 11-30-2010 at 02:39 PM.

11. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Talis For This Useful Post:

Thanks

If you bring one back to the united states you have to sign a document which makes you responsible to pay the government back for any money she needs after she leaves you for 40 quarters - that is 10 years. The idea being that it is your fault she is in the country so the tax payer should not have to suffer because you made a bad decision.

13. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Talis For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 8,333 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Klockman View Post
    It's not like that in Canada, you bring someone here as a wife you support her, regardless of what happens in the marriage and if you get her pregnant, she's got an awful long ride on your dime
    Yep ... true dat!

My understanding is that If you sponser her to come to Canada, and she comes you are on the hook for all related costs for 10 years ... even if she bolts on the 1st day in country ... you are on the hook for all of the costs .... she goes on Welfare ... you get the bill, she needs medical help .. you get the bill, she gets in trouble witht the law, you get a bill. She goes to jail ... you get the bill! She runs, or disappears ... you get the bill for the costs to find her.

Like the Klockman says ... knock her up ... the ride is for 18 years, or until the kid is done University (whichever is longer) if they choose to go ...

In short ... you'd better be Godamned certain you've got a keeper, and I've NEVER met ANYONE that I have that much faith in!
    You are not special!

She is not different than the others!

15. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Kennilingus For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nakom View Post
    Wow. I would have never guessed. I had the opposite. I was on Dom Cupid for a month before my 3rd trip. I got 50 IM's and 10-20 emails a day from DR chicas. I hardly ever sent anything out first. My first two days I had 50-60 emails both days.

My personal take - anyone with half way intelligence can figure out the good from the bad just by reading the profile and 5-10 min of conversation. Maybe I just got lucky but I only set up one date in Santiago and I was 1 for 1. Great girl, as advertised, non pro, 1 night and 1 morning nut, no money, smell ya later. Easy as shooting fish in a barrel.

My Tip: Only get a 1 month membership. Get it so that that it expires on the day you leave the DR. It is a great tool once you are in country. Any earlier than that and you will forget about each other long before you take your trip.
    I should read down to the bottom before responding to these So the one you were with was very nice.. Have you stayed in touch?

Thanks

OK so I put my profile to "visible" on Colombian Cupid Tonight to see the response. I put in my profile to only contact me if they were over 27 and only if they were in Medellin..

The results after 3 hours:

44 Profile views
    34 sent an "interest" (about half in Medellin)
    5 put me in their favorites
    6 emails received (half uggies)
    I turned off instant messages after 7 or 8 of them.

So.. not overwhelmed but not bad.. Still a viable method in my view Maybe they just give up on mail received assuming it is from losers and figure they should just look themselves?

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Talis For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Talis View Post
    I should read down to the bottom before responding to these So the one you were with was very nice.. Have you stayed in touch?
    you met her in Santiago - and no we have not stayed in touch.

Just when I am getting some faith in you and standing up for you........ you ask a stupid question like that

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Nakom For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Hey what,s up i met you in Sosua tall guy from toronto

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Desiguy For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 84,377 Times in 13,906 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Klockman View Post
    Yep. it's like that here too, believe it or not.. At least if she marries a gringo.

Doesn't work that way for Dominican men though. You can't squeeze blood from a turnip.

However, well to do Dominicans do end up paying, which is one of the reasons you'll never see affluent Dominicans in places like Sosua.
    If you think it's love try not paying in the morning..

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many."

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MrHappy For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Just when I am getting some faith in you and standing up for you........ you ask a stupid question like that

I know I met her, hence the "she was very nice" comment I was just curious if you talked to her again after that because you never mentioned her again until that post..

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Talis For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Talis View Post
    I know I met her, hence the "she was very nice" comment I was just curious if you talked to her again after that because you never mentioned her again until that post..
    Lo siento mi amigo.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Nakom For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Desiguy View Post
    Hey what,s up i met you in Sosua tall guy from toronto
    Is this bus driver "O". Good to hear from you.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 51,713 Times in 9,684 Posts

Maybe you should tell YOUR STORY from the last trip , before you go picking on our buddy Talis. And its a WHOPPER too.

31. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to JD426 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jd426 View Post
    Maybe you should tell YOUR STORY from the last trip , before you go picking on our buddy Talis. And its a WHOPPER too.
    I will post a trip report as soon as you do.

33. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Nakom For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 51,713 Times in 9,684 Posts

I will post a trip report as soon as you do.
    But your word is always better than mine, and you did say you were ready to tell the story, thats the only reason I even mentioned it. U know you want to, you will feel better, trust me for once, we all been there.

35. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JD426 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 6,221 Times in 1,136 Posts

People are holding back on TR? Come on people get to typing!

37. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GrandePadre For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information