Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 12/2010 - Sometimes I just wonder

Thanks

Re: Sometimes I just wonder

1.5%/mo. equals 18%/year.
    It's doable w/ dividend stocks and closed-end funds even in the US. But if $100k is all the capital at your disposal, you'll have a sleepless night once in awhile, depending on market gyrations...
    At 18%, it's far more comfortable to have a minimum of $250k+ to invest. I value my sleep.

But then, I also rather have young, hot pussy before I am hitting 50! Never underestimate the value of pussy...

Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly69 View Post
    I said it before --

Your life can be a complete disaster late in life but if you can manage to scrape together a 100k us dollars @ 1.5 percent per month is 1500us in interest in the DR.

I have friends that live only off this interest and nothing else no pensions nothing.

I think if large earthquake hits like Haiti they are in deep shit but their life is hell of alot better than what they would have in their home country--

Young pussy 50 years younger them warm weather--

Granted all the corrupt bullshit but they get acustomed to it --

I would join em but I don't know what I would do for 50 years---

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to papi_sosua For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,237 Times in 569 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by papi_sosua View Post
    But if $100k is all the capital at your disposal, you'll have a sleepless night once in awhile

Have friends with different amounts but it is fixed at 1.5 percent per month -- they have no worries

I worry about earthquake hitting DR I think their money would dissapear

I am NOT Hypocritical of their amount of their worth I don't care--

Life don't turn out perfect for everyone.

They make the best of what they have.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mr Hillbilly For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Just to elaborate a bit further: look at AGNC, AOD, IVR, CH, etc. Exchange traded.

These are no fly-by night operations, but one certainly needs to be aware of the associated risks. Still beats a pension or SSN, IMHO, if you got the cash...

It's doable w/ dividend stocks and closed-end funds even in the US. But if $100k is all the capital at your disposal, you'll have a sleepless night once in awhile, depending on market gyrations...
    At 18%, it's far more comfortable to have a minimum of $250k+ to invest. I value my sleep.

But then, I also rather have young, hot pussy before I am hitting 50! Never underestimate the value of pussy...

6. The Following User Says Thank You to papi_sosua For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 84,361 Times in 13,901 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly69 View Post
    I said it before --

Your life can be a complete disaster late in life but if you can manage to scrape together a 100k us dollars @ 1.5 percent per month is 1500us in interest in the DR.

I have friends that live only off this interest and nothing else no pensions nothing.

I think if large earthquake hits like Haiti they are in deep shit but their life is hell of alot better than what they would have in their home country--

Young pussy 50 years younger them warm weather--

Granted all the corrupt bullshit but they get acustomed to it --

I would join em but I don't know what I would do for 50 years---

Who do you know that's getting 18% a year now? Where are they getting it?
    If you think it's love try not paying in the morning..

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many."

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MrHappy For This Useful Post:

Thanks

For example,

http://eresearch.fidelity.com/eresea...AGNC&rsrch=gqb

Dividend yield of 18.75%, payable quarterly. This is the view if you are on the other side of the housing crisis.

Of course, you won't get 18.75% in a savings account or by investing in CDs.

Quote Originally Posted by MrHappy View Post
    Who do you know that's getting 18% a year now? Where are they getting it?

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to papi_sosua For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,209 Times in 2,195 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmydr View Post
    If I was an ex pat, i would live in Puerto Plata and build up a very special chica network. My goal would be never to cook a meal for myself or clean my place. There would be amigas doing all of that for me.

I would know every chica working in the supermarkets around Pueto Plata as well as the restaurants.

Seems like some guys moved there to get drunk 7 days a week and bang skanks.

There was this ex pat that lived about 45 minutes away from Sosua and he posted and guys would either see him when he stopped by once a week in Sosua or go out and visit him. He was older and choose to have a Dominican wife.

My rant of the day.
    From what I see Jimmy a lot of dudes here are/were undersexed, brought pussy all there life and never had nothing hot like they are getting in DR and I might be wrong with my observations. So when they get to a place like DR (Sosua, POP, SDQ, etc) where it is a hop skip and a jump away from mainland USA and the woman do as a woman should cater to you it blows their minds! I agree living in mix of everything is not my idea of fun but I am not the norm here I don't think. Ive been on rap tours, fucked a lot of pretty bitches here in the states, am part of the greatest fraternity (in my opinion, DMV will 2nd this), have a good job, basically living life the best way I can so the pussy isn't the major allure for dudes like me. I love the layout of the land, people, smell, just the feel when that plane lands and you know you gonna lay on a beach with a cold Presidente, good food, and truly enjoy experiencing DR no matter how many times you have visited or extended stayed there experience something new. Maybe it's me I've been to other Islands, dealt with other people, but there is something about the island of Hispaniola and it's people that make me fall in love all over again.
    I'm back... Heading Back To Green #TurnUpTime

12. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to givengo440 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 84,361 Times in 13,901 Posts

For example,

Dividend yield of 18.75%, payable quarterly. This is the view if you are on the other side of the housing crisis.

Right, so I ask the question again, "Who do you know that's getting 18% a year now? Where are they getting it in the DR"

I am getting 18% on my CD's, until next December. After that, I'm not going to be getting shit, unless something drastic happens with the peso.

I'm not counting on that.

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MrHappy For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 261,363 Times in 78,282 Posts

4 months later

Seems like there may be 6 or more ISOC guys living here and still it amazes me as to why they would go to Sosua or even pay chicas more than 500 pesos for a few hours or all night.

If they got together every say Tuesday someplace, after a month, I bet a dozen chicas start showing up at that spot outside of Sosua.

You want access to trip reports?

Google Wallet

JDRent97@gmail.com

16. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Jimmydr For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 7,762 Times in 1,628 Posts

For example,

I picked up a few shares of AGNC a couple of months ago. Good tip! Thanks.

Oh and BTW, if the price of the shares take a steep fall, you'll be hearing from me !
    Last edited by DASBOOTY; 04-21-2011 at 05:11 PM. Reason: missed word

18. The Following User Says Thank You to DASBOOTY For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 261,363 Times in 78,282 Posts

Re: 12/2010 - Sometimes I just wonder

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmydr View Post
    If I was an ex pat, i would live in Puerto Plata and build up a very special chica network. My goal would be never to cook a meal for myself or clean my place. There would be amigas doing all of that for me.

I would know every chica working in the supermarkets around Pueto Plata as well as the restaurants.

Seems like some guys moved there to get drunk 7 days a week and bang skanks.

There was this ex pat that lived about 45 minutes away from Sosua and he posted and guys would either see him when he stopped by once a week in Sosua or go out and visit him. He was older and choose to have a Dominican wife.

My rant of the day.
    Lets rant

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Jimmydr For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information