Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Delta Updates

Thanks
    Thanked 97,678 Times in 17,146 Posts

Re: What's the deal with DELTA??

Quote Originally Posted by biggun1221 View Post
    If you keep up with the current happenings, then you will know that the cost of fuel is killing the airlines. Not only them but we the people are being hurt by it as well. The oil cost per barrel is driving every thing up and the dollars is falling. Several airlines have started charging 25.00 to check a second bag. Jet Blue is selling extra leg room for 10.00 and I suspect this is just the tip of the iceberg. Seems we are caught in the middle and no where to turn.
    Good point. I see this fuel issue only getting worse and cheap fairs may be thing of past.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hunter For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,729 Times in 520 Posts

I have read a little on this whole subject, and it sounds like many airlines are cancelling a lot of their less popular flights to cut costs. They are also rumored to wait to see if flights fill totally up, and if they don't and the flight can't be profitable, they will just cancel it.

Like Biggun said, they are charging for extra bags too. They are also adding $25-$50 per ticket for the fuel costs. I was watching NBC Nightly News last night and they were breaking down the ticket prices...Fuel was 30% of the ticket price and rising!!

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 3somefan For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Well, I played with the dates a little bit and wouldn't you know...I found some killer deals on Delta!!

From Minneapolis to POP roundtrip from Dec 27th to Jan 5th...$461 (all in!!!)

I'm gonna have to lock that in.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 3somefan For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,005 Times in 793 Posts

I was also surfing the net looking for deals for any airline flying out of either detroit or toronto. The best deal i could find for the week of april 13th to the 20th was with Delta. Price was $419 with a stop in atlanta.

I dont think ill do any better but thought id ask all you guys and see if anyone flys regularly out of toronto or out of detroit before i officially book this. I got a few stites for toronto that i can get a bit less but, its all hit and miss as u usually have to book them a few days before departure to get that cheap rate. Any info appreciated, thanks

Ps, anyone planning on being in the sosua or PP area on those weeks?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to cainer For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,005 Times in 793 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 3somefan View Post
    On my last trip I flew round trip from Minneapolis to POP through Atlanta for $386!! When I got back, I started checking prices for other trips this year and there were quite a few good deals on Delta. However, that seems to have changed. I have been looking the past few days and it doesn't seem like there are very many flights any more scheduled to POP out further this year...

I am wondering if anyone else has noticed this? I am guessing this may have something to do with the possible merger with Northwest. I can't figure out where all of those flights went, were they just cancelled?? Is Delta flying into POP anymore??

Just curious if anyone knows...
    I am guessing that the flight i was looking at for the week of april13th to 20th would also be available for you. Funny thing was, it is $419(includes taxes) for me for that week but, if i left a day before or after, the price is over a grand, weird

I just did a search on flights from minniapolis to pOp and it is even cheaper, only $350(taxes included) EVEN WEIRDER

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cainer For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cainer View Post
    I am guessing that the flight i was looking at for the week of april13th to 20th would also be available for you. Funny thing was, it is $419(includes taxes) for me for that week but, if i left a day before or after, the price is over a grand, weird

I just did a search on flights from minniapolis to pOp and it is even cheaper, only $350(taxes included) EVEN WEIRDER
    Thanks for the information. I wish I could get down there then, but not possible.

I really enjoyed my experience on Delta and will use them again for my New Year's Trip, however, their schedules and pricing baffles me a bit.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to 3somefan For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,450 Times in 590 Posts

Delta??

I got a $240 credit on Delta (non-transferable) that I have to use by (complete travel) 10-24-08 or I lose it. (a flight I had to cancle last year)
    And the Delta flights I've been looking at from my area, NYC, (ewr preferably) SUCK!!

The only DR flights I see are going to SDQ, but big $$ with layovers. Which I hate because continetal has me spoiled.

I saw some good prices for a Miami flight (weekend South Beach?) last night, but today thier all up over $350.

Any Ideas?? I'd hate to let this die and throw away the $$, but then again may have to?

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BigDave For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 10,446 Times in 4,196 Posts

Re: Delta??

Sounds like your going to SDQ. Pay the extra $200 and spend the weekend. A bad weekend in SDQ can't be any worse than spending it in at home?
    Jimmy owes me a dollar!

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Beads For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 117,702 Times in 19,855 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BigDave View Post

Any Ideas?? I'd hate to let this die and throw away the $$, but then again may have to?
    It'd be a shame to waste the voucher. You can get R/T to FLL from EWR for $305 (extra $55). You could hang out there or catch a Spirit special to DR or whatever destination you choose that weekend if one pops up. There's a lot of fun stuff to do in FLL anyway if one doesn't. This is what's known as a Good problem.
    Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.
    - Benjamin Franklin

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to greydread For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Beads View Post
    Sounds like your going to SDQ. Pay the extra $200 and spend the weekend. A bad weekend in SDQ can't be any worse than spending it in at home?
    Probrably thats whats gonna happen, maybe I'll go to Boca Chica?

20. The Following User Says Thank You to BigDave For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Probrably thats whats gonna happen, maybe I'll go to Boca Chica?
    You were talking about this voucher at picnic.

Poor planning my brother

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Hunter For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

That's an option too, I was thinking maybe a Florida weekend, something with an ocean view? Hows the p4p or amp action down south?

Quote Originally Posted by greydread View Post
    It'd be a shame to waste the voucher. You can get R/T to FLL from EWR for $305 (extra $55). You could hang out there or catch a Spirit special to DR or whatever destination you choose that weekend if one pops up. There's a lot of fun stuff to do in FLL anyway if one doesn't. This is what's known as a Good problem.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to BigDave For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
    You were talking about this voucher at picnic.

Poor planning my brother
    I KNOWW!! I kept putting it off because I did'nt see any flights I liked. FK!! I HATE DELTA!!!

26. The Following User Says Thank You to BigDave For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Big D:

What do you consider "high" as far as airline cost to DR???

What do you want to pay???

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Hunter For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
    Big D:

What do you consider "high" as far as airline cost to DR???

What do you want to pay???
    Well 1st of all my prefrence is POP, but thats out. And I'm already taking a trip end of this month. So its more of a trying to find something quick easy, and ok, cheap. I'm tracking a flight 10-17 > 10-20 for $419, that means $179 out of pocket, whick is a strong possibility. I'm gonna track it for a couple of days to see if it fluctuates.

But now we're talking 7-8 hour travel times, vs the 3-4 hours I'm used too with continetal. And I don't have delta miles to upgrade to 1st class, wah, wah, wah, I Know, still better than blowing the voucher, & or staring at the boob tube all weekend!!

30. The Following User Says Thank You to BigDave For This Useful Post:

Thanks

But now we're talking 7-8 hour travel times, vs the 3-4 hours I'm used too with continetal. And I don't have delta miles to upgrade to 1st class, wah, wah, wah, I Know, still better than blowing the voucher, & or staring at the boob tube all weekend!!
    You sound like a spoiled rich Gringa from Basking Ridge... suck it up

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hunter For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 27,482 Times in 5,636 Posts

I don't know if you've been to Costa Rica, but you may want to give San Jose a shot. Flights from EWR to SJO are running $366 r/t (including tax and fees) during the first few weeks of October. The layover and connection in ATL is not that bad...I made a CR trip in July, and experienced no problems with Delta.
    Blue Devil

34. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BlueDevil For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,772 Times in 857 Posts

I got a $240 credit on Delta (non-transferable) that I have to use by (complete travel) 10-24-08 or I lose it. (a flight I had to cancle last year)
    And the Delta flights I've been looking at from my area, NYC, (ewr preferably) SUCK!!

The only DR flights I see are going to SDQ, but big $$ with layovers. Which I hate because continetal has me spoiled.

I saw some good prices for a Miami flight (weekend South Beach?) last night, but today thier all up over $350.

I might be wrong, but I thought all the Continental Airlines DR flights were codeshared with Delta. You might want to call Delta and ask (I know they can't do it online).

36. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cuba Libre For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 117,702 Times in 19,855 Posts

That's an option too, I was thinking maybe a Florida weekend, something with an ocean view? Hows the p4p or amp action down south?
    pm the Captain. That's his stomping ground. He's also a big Spirit airlines scout.

38. The Following User Says Thank You to greydread For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 51,129 Times in 9,453 Posts

DELTA has a 1 non-stop that leaves every Saturday to and fro Santiago.

This doesn't start until 2009. I guess that doesn't help you.

40. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to psriches For This Useful Post:

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread Information