Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: Delta Updates

Thanks
    Thanked 28,089 Times in 7,183 Posts

Re: Delta Updates

Just to expand on what DEEZL has posted I just got this in my e-mail.

This is good news for the New York home team and especially the NY members (J.S. ? ) that fancy racking up those Skypesos.

Enjoy more flights to the Dominican Republic,
    Puerto Rico and Bahamas from NYC.
    ShareThis Hello,

Arriving soon: more flights to Puerto Rico, the Dominican Republic and the Bahamas.

Beginning in March, we're adding more nonstop flights to the Caribbean from New York City to make it even easier for you to head south. Plus, book at delta.com by December 30, 2011, and you'll enjoy special each-way* Economy Class fares based on required round-trip purchase on the following expanded routes from John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK) or new service from LaGuardia Airport (LGA):

JFK - Santiago, Dominican Republic (STI) Two Daily Flights March 2, 2012 $119
    JFK - Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic (SDQ) Two Daily Flights March 2, 2012 $119
    *Fares are each-way based on required round-trip purchase. Fares are valid in either direction.
    Additional taxes/fees/restrictions/baggage charges may apply.

Book one of these flights today for travel between March 2 and August 15, 2012, to take advantage of low fares on convenient, nonstop service to the Caribbean.
    DON’T HATE THE PLAYER !!!!! “HATE THE GAME”

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ROVER For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,936 Times in 6,484 Posts

I see 333 right now on Delta to SDQ

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hugrad95a For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 40,590 Times in 5,066 Posts

JFK-STI $299 R/T on Delta all-in. Price confirmed. Select dates in April (at least, I didn't check into May or beyond).

Delta - Book a flight - Mozilla Firefox 3232012 44805 PM.jpg

Looks like they fucked up and forgot to include US taxes which should've knocked the price up about $30, but their fuck-up is your gain if you jump now.

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to deezl For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 15,563 Times in 2,554 Posts

Based on the attachment it indicates a tax of $107.10.

After checking, that same price applies to earlier departure dates as well.
    SOB, I'm sitting here in limbo dying to tie down a date to go but can't until I hear from my doctor. I know with my luck, by the time I do, fares will be right back up to where they usually are.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Rubicon For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 45,239 Times in 5,923 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rubicon View Post

SOB, I'm sitting here in limbo dying to tie down a date to go but can't until I hear from my doctor. I know with my luck, by the time I do, fares will be right back up to where they usually are.
    Book it now and cancel it if you still didn't hear from your doctor before 23hrs59min at NO fee

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to joeysterr For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rubicon View Post

Go ahead and book it! You'll have until midnight the following day to change your mind (assuming you expect to hear from your Dr soon) and if you don't know by then - go ahead and cancel, and if the fare is still available then book it again. Lather, rinse, repeat!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by joeysterr View Post
    Book it now and cancel it if you still didn't hear from your doctor before 23hrs59min at NO fee
    great minds think alike! lol

delta's policy is a little better than the standard 24hr rule:

Tickets/Cancellation:
    Cancellation request must be made by midnight of the day after the eTicket is purchased or midnight of the departure date of the first flight, whichever comes first. Available only for eTickets purchased at the time of reservation through Delta ticket offices and airport ticket counters, Reservation Sales, or at delta.com.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to deezl For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 53,118 Times in 6,021 Posts

I jumped the gun and got my ticket about a month ago to POP. This would have saved me $150. I guess I'll see you guys there.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to tarzan For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by joeysterr View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by deezl View Post
    Go ahead and book it! You'll have until midnight the following day to change your mind (assuming you expect to hear from your Dr soon) and if you don't know by then - go ahead and cancel, and if the fare is still available then book it again. Lather, rinse, repeat!
    Well, with this being Friday, almost 6pm, I don't expect to hear from my doctor until Monday, at the earliest.
    I've got to wait to hear from his office just for an appointment to go and see him. At that point I'm expecting a date for the operation. I'm trying to work around all of these variables. I was hoping to hear from his office by today with an appointment for next week and take off after that, or an appointment sometime after next week and get the hell out of here now.

We'll see.

Thanks

great minds desperate mongers think alike! lol
    Just a joke, guys. Don't get offended. lol

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Rubicon For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,226 Times in 3,237 Posts

Yea. Im doing the Delta flight. Cheap as hell. Hopefully the flight isnt packed cuz delta planes are a little tight.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to El-Rey For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 9,575 Times in 1,140 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tarzan View Post
    I jumped the gun and got my ticket about a month ago to POP. This would have saved me $150. I guess I'll see you guys there.
    Tarzan
    After the transport costs to and from STI to get to the North coast, and even more, the headaches involved. Your are about even if you only had 150 difference.

Just my opinion.

but 299 to the RD is pretty good fare, all things considered.

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to balcoach For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by balcoach View Post
    Tarzan
    After the transport costs to and from STI to get to the North coast, and even more, the headaches involved. Your are about even if you only had 150 difference.

Just my opinion.

For my dates (4-19 to 4-24) I save only $38 After taxi. Yet I chose STI because of the times of the flites. I land before 1am and have enough time to get to After one.
    Then I leave at 2am and land back at JFK at 6am and go straight to work. I like the odd hour flights because I doubt they will be crowded.

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to El-Rey For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,106 Times in 4,436 Posts

Having just flown JFK to STI and STI to JFK on these 2:00 am flight I gotta tell ya they were TOTALLY PACKED! They were asking for volunteers to be bumped.

Also the planes and a little older with totally outdated "entertainment" consisting of a headphone jack and a tiny screen only every few rows unlike jetblue and other more modern fleets with seatback screens and multiple options for viewing and listening...and sometimes even a power plug.

The seating and isles are tight as well.

Not complaining, once in the air the flights went fast and more or less on time except for my last leg and I would not hesitate to take the same flights again.

A qualified recommendation but a budget saver this time around.

Quote Originally Posted by vpchill View Post
    For my dates (4-19 to 4-24) I save only $38 After taxi. Yet I chose STI because of the times of the flites. I land before 1am and have enough time to get to After one.
    Then I leave at 2am and land back at JFK at 6am and go straight to work. I like the odd hour flights because I doubt they will be crowded.
    When you can think of yesterday without regret and tomorrow without fear, you are near contentment.
    Your opinions are not my problem...

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Apos For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Siochana View Post
    Having just flown JFK to STI and STI to JFK on these 2:00 am flight I gotta tell ya they were TOTALLY PACKED! They were asking for volunteers to be bumped.

Also the planes and a little older with totally outdated "entertainment" consisting of a headphone jack and a tiny screen only every few rows unlike jetblue and other more modern fleets with seatback screens and multiple options for viewing and listening...and sometimes even a power plug.

The seating and isles are tight as well.

Not complaining, once in the air the flights went fast and more or less on time except for my last leg and I would not hesitate to take the same flights again.

A qualified recommendation but a budget saver this time around.

I wont lie, I really dont like delta. I fly to ATL and SFO every couple of weeks and the seats are just too tight. Yet I wanted to give it a go to DR and see if maybe a different type plane but I see I failed. American sends the larger plane and though it can be packed I almost always get bumped to 1st class.

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to El-Rey For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 16,394 Times in 2,280 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by vpchill View Post
    I wont lie, I really dont like delta. I fly to ATL and SFO every couple of weeks and the seats are just too tight. Yet I wanted to give it a go to DR and see if maybe a different type plane but I see I failed. American sends the larger plane and though it can be packed I almost always get bumped to 1st class.
    Damn. I'm flying Delta to SDQ in May. And since I have a layover, we're looking at about 6-7 hrs flight time. That's too much time to be packed tight like sardines. I praying we have a bigger plane.

Damn I miss that COPA flight to STI for $374! I hope it comes back soon.

But $386 rt from the DC area on Delta is damned hard to beat right about now.

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DCIronman For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DCIronman View Post
    Damn. I'm flying Delta to SDQ in May. And since I have a layover, we're looking at about 6-7 hrs flight time. That's too much time to be packed tight like sardines. I praying we have a bigger plane.

Damn I miss that COPA flight to STI for $374! I hope it comes back soon.

But $386 rt from the DC area on Delta is damned hard to beat right about now.
    you can find out what plane u have by checking your reservation/flt#

$345 r/t flights to SDQ in May via American & Delta out of Baltimore pretty much every day of the month. $329 to STI.

32. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to deezl For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 16,394 Times in 2,280 Posts

$345 r/t flights to SDQ in May via American & Delta out of Baltimore pretty much every day of the month. $329 to STI.
    Not for the dates I need. And unfortunately, I can't be as flexible with my itinerary as I normally would be. The fellas and I are doing a motorcycle tour this trip. And I'm factoring in about 3 days or so to get some mongering in. So my dates are pretty set in stone.

And I refuse to do that 2am or 8am return flight bullshit. Taking all of that into consideration, I'm pretty happy with $386.

34. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DCIronman For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 53,118 Times in 6,021 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by balcoach View Post
    Tarzan

Just my opinion.

I took that into account when I was booking. At the time the delta flight was $378. That wouldn't be worth it for me as I'm in NJ 5min from EWR and would have to go to NY. Under $300 I would have been tempted, but you're right, in the end I wouldn't save more then $50 or so. This is a great alternative if you travel with one or two people to share the taxi expenses tho.

36. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tarzan For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 51,137 Times in 9,456 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tarzan View Post
    I took that into account when I was booking. At the time the delta flight was $378. That wouldn't be worth it for me as I'm in NJ 5min from EWR and would have to go to NY. Under $300 I would have been tempted, but you're right, in the end I wouldn't save more then $50 or so. This is a great alternative if you travel with one or two people to share the taxi expenses tho.
    Or renting a car anyway!!

38. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to psriches For This Useful Post:

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread Information