Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678

Thread: Delta Updates

Thanks
    Thanked 41,237 Times in 7,792 Posts

Re: Delta Updates

My wingman calls me and asks if I can get away in January because its $347 RT to the Capital. Well we have our tickets. Can't pass on that price.

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to JDR For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 52,955 Times in 9,807 Posts

Live in Canada? apply today

www.Capitalone.ca/skymag

3 miles per every Delta dolla

Welcome bonus of 25,000 miles

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Señor JDR of Medellin For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 16,394 Times in 2,280 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JDR View Post
    My wingman calls me and asks if I can get away in January because its $347 RT to the Capital. Well we have our tickets. Can't pass on that price.
    Just got $399 RT to Santiago in Feb. And it's not one of those crazy 2am itineraries. Delta is getting me there at 2pm. Gotta love that.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DCIronman For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DCIronman View Post
    Just got $399 RT to Santiago in Feb. And it's not one of those crazy 2am itineraries. Delta is getting me there at 2pm. Gotta love that.
    Delta has great prices from NY. This is my 4th trip in two years.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Señor JDR of Medellin For This Useful Post:

JDR

Thanks
    Thanked 16,394 Times in 2,280 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Señor JDR of Medellin View Post
    Delta has great prices from NY. This is my 4th trip in two years.
    Well, the only time we get prices below $400 here in the DC area is generally during the summer. So when I see something for that price this time of year, I almost always pounce on it.

Delta is showing up lately. My last 3 or 4 flights have been with them.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DCIronman For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DCIronman View Post
    Well, the only time we get prices below $400 here in the DC area is generally during the summer. So when I see something for that price this time of year, I almost always pounce on it.

Delta is showing up lately. My last 3 or 4 flights have been with them.
    I was going to use miles but everytime its around $325 - $349. Those are great values.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Señor JDR of Medellin For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,936 Times in 6,484 Posts

FYI Delta. 370 Round trip NYC to STI.

Feb 2-6

http://www.kayak.com/#/flights/NYC-S...-01/2013-02-06

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to hugrad95a For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 97,678 Times in 17,146 Posts

Big changes in Deltas FF program. see article below. I think the bottom line is they want to weed out the people who game the system...ie..DD....you are out DD

Attention travelers: Your high-flying status with Delta Air Lines may take a dive with the airline's new frequent flier rules.

Delta announced a new spending requirement Thursday for gaining elite status in the airline's SkyMiles program.

In addition to racking up Medallion qualifying miles or segments, passengers will have to spend a minimum dollar amount on tickets each year for each rung on the mileage ladder. For silver status, the spending requirement is $2,500. Gold status requires $5,000 in ticket purchases, $7,500 for platinum and $12,500 for diamond status.

The change starts on January 1, 2014, for membership status in the 2015 program.

"Adding a revenue component to the SkyMiles Medallion program ensures that our most valued customers receive the best program benefits and a more exclusive experience," said Jeff Robertson, vice president of the SkyMiles program, in a statement.

Tim Winship, publisher of Frequentflier.com expects a mixed reaction to the change among travelers,"depending on which side of the fence you find yourself on."

It's a win for business travelers who easily qualify for the programs through company-paid flights, Winship said, because fewer elite members means better odds for upgrades.

But travelers who have been using cheap flights as a status strategy, may get bumped down -- or out -- of the game, Winship said.

Justin Cook, a sales trainer from Orlando, Florida, flies nearly every week in the mid-Atlantic or the Southeast. Cook is a Delta Diamond Medallion member -- the highest level -- yet he estimates his company spends between $8,000 to $10,000 a year on his air travel, shy of the $12,500 requirement.

By 2015, he suspects he could drop two levels to gold status.

"I will actively be looking into other airlines to see if they will match my status."

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Hunter For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 164,725 Times in 30,459 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
    Big changes in Deltas FF program. see article below. I think the bottom line is they want to weed out the people who game the system...ie..DD....you are out DD

In addition to racking up Medallion qualifying miles or segments, passengers will have to spend a minimum dollar amount on tickets each year for each rung on the mileage ladder. For silver status, the spending requirement is $2,500. Gold status requires $5,000 in ticket purchases, $7,500 for platinum and $12,500 for diamond status.
    i dont fly delta so it won't affect me

but if united follows suit it mayor may not as ;

i spend about $7,000/year to get 100,000 paid flown miles and the rest of my flights i use my ff miles
    you only live once, but if you live it right once is enough

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to whynotme For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,936 Times in 6,484 Posts

United has already implemented something like that during the merger with Continental.. Now you have to have 4 paid flights to qualify for status. Meaning if you fly once or twice a year from the US to China you would be gold after two trips. Now to gain the status you have to have two additional paid flights anywhere to qualify for the status.

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to hugrad95a For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 40,590 Times in 5,066 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hugrad95a View Post
    United has already implemented something like that during the merger with Continental.. Now you have to have 4 paid flights to qualify for status. Meaning if you fly once or twice a year from the US to China you would be gold after two trips. Now to gain the status you have to have two additional paid flights anywhere to qualify for the status.
    A round trip is (at minimum) two flights (one there, one back). two round trips = (at least) 4 flights.

Those flights have to be on UA or Copa, though.

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to deezl For This Useful Post:

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678

Thread Information