Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Time to update Santiago

Thanks

Re: Time to update Santiago

Quote Originally Posted by dquick View Post
    Ok. I have been reading up on the Santiago board. I am flying into STI on Feb 2. My original plan was to go to Sosua, but I was thinking about hanging in Santiago a couple of days. I have met a couple of Santiago girls on Cupids. I also have read about a few P4P spots in Santiago as well.

The problem is my spanish is Asi Asi. Should I try out Santiago or go straight to Sosua?
    worst case scenario if sti is not to your liking sosua is an hour and a half away if you dont have traffic on the autopista. i dont drive the mountain road.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,469 Times in 224 Posts

I went to Lovera Bar on Friday. Wow!!!! Lots of hot girls. We bought of JW Black and it was 1,900 pesos. Very reasonable prices. So, I am finally able to convince my friends to spend some time in santiago and not all their time in Sousa and they are loving the change. They rented a 3 bedroom apt. (right behind Hotel Matum) for $60 night. Great location. We were able to walk to everything. Last night Plan B was playing at Vintage Night Club. That party didn't end until 6:30 in the morning. Vintage is the best after hours club. Tonight Over Lounge has Open Bar until 12. 300 pesos for guys and 100 pesos for ladies. Great Ratio of Women. My friends have had a lot of luck meeting girls on badoo.

3. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to jcrew2020 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 45,239 Times in 5,923 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jcrew2020 View Post
    I went to Lovera Bar on Friday. Wow!!!! Lots of hot girls. We bought of JW Black and it was 1,900 pesos. Very reasonable prices. So, I am finally able to convince my friends to spend some time in santiago and not all their time in Sousa and they are loving the change. They rented a 3 bedroom apt. (right behind Hotel Matum) for $60 night. Great location. We were able to walk to everything. Last night Plan B was playing at Vintage Night Club. That party didn't end until 6:30 in the morning. Vintage is the best after hours club. Tonight Over Lounge has Open Bar until 12. 300 pesos for guys and 100 pesos for ladies. Great Ratio of Women. My friends have had a lot of luck meeting girls on badoo.
    to el mundo desnu bailando la fila india,
    to el mundo desnu bailando la fila india

si fuma mama,
    si bebe chica

I agree Vintage Santiago is great

5. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to joeysterr For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 7,060 Times in 697 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by drgreenbud View Post
    worst case scenario if sti is not to your liking sosua is an hour and a half away if you dont have traffic on the autopista. i dont drive the mountain road.
    I have driven both..I prefer the autopista as well.
    Last week I was able to make great time..doing it in under an hour each way.

The Mountain road took me just about 2 hours.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to mrblackluv For This Useful Post:

JDR

Thanks

Mrblackluv, explain the mountain road and the autopista, I usually go from sti to sosua using the road that takes you through that tunnel in the mountain, is that the mountain road or the autopista? I would love to know which one i should take in order to make sosua in an hour.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to tpaz37 For This Useful Post:

JDR

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tpaz37 View Post
    Mrblackluv, explain the mountain road and the autopista, I usually go from sti to sosua using the road that takes you through that tunnel in the mountain, is that the mountain road or the autopista? I would love to know which one i should take in order to make sosua in an hour.
    The one with the tunnel is the autopista. The one where you are driving 300ft on a single lane two-way packed-soil road with a 1000ft cliff and absolutely no safety barrier is the mountain road. Taxi drivers like to take it beause they think it uses less gas since they get to coast on the way down. Of course they don't consider all of the extra gas they use going up the mountain. There are some interesting things on the mountain road but when weighed against the danger of the road in parts in combination with Dominican drivers in general is enough of a reason to stay on the nice easy auto pista. The Autopista is incredibly easy. Take it out of STI toward POP make a right at the poice station and when you get to pop make a right and you are in sosua in 15 min. The autopista is an hour once you actually get out of the STI city center (which if there is a lot of traffic can take half an hour alone) once you are the outskirts of town it is about an hours. it is 45 min from the police station provided there are not a million slow moving chicken trucks or empty bleach bottle trucks or jesus freaks or accidents. The MT road is technically a shorter distance. For that you would follow the signs for Moca and then make a left and head up up and away. On one of my first trips on the mountain road (which was at two am) we came upon an overturned motorcycle and a possible dead guy. I asked if the driver was gonna stop and he said No way. If he is alive and we take him to the police he will blame us for hitting him. All that being said. I recently took the caribe tours bus from STI to Sosua and it took anout 2.5 hours. It was clean, relaxing, brand new, frigidly cold ac and about 10 hot dominican girls. One of whom I fucked.

11. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Bug Boy For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Or when they said one hour they were referring to one dominican hour, which is anywhere between1.5 and 24 hours

13. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Bug Boy For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I responded in PM...

Autopista is the one that goes through the tunnel.
    Actually I may have misled..that time was from Hotel Los Jardines to KMA Apartments in Puerto Plata, and I drove like a damn maniac..no less than 120kmph..but trying for 140 the whole way. Going around trucks, buses whatever.
    I've done Puerto Plata to Sosua in just over 15 minutes as well..

You cannot drive that fast on the mountain road (Moca Highway 21)..it is really...I mean really curvy.. up and down s curves..

15. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mrblackluv For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,237 Times in 569 Posts

I don't use the term Mountain road like you guys do-- I consider the mountain road the road Danytravel was talking about that comes out between Sosua and Puerto Plata not the Moca road.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mr Hillbilly For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly69 View Post
    I don't use the term Mountain road like you guys do-- I consider the mountain road the road Danytravel was talking about that comes out between Sosua and Puerto Plata not the Moca road.

I know of two mountain roads when heading to sti. One thathas a turnoff juat past Sosua on the way to pop and one on the other side cabarete

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,287 Times in 716 Posts

The one where you make the turnoff after Montellano on the way to Puerto Plata and it becomes Luperon when you arrive in STI, I've always heard it referred to as La Loma. I used to prefer it and they were improving it slowly but aurely. But over the past year it has really deteriorated. Last time I crossed over, it was abyssmal. I guess the residents of that area must have voted wrong in the last election

The other is called the Moca road. I heard that was one of the places Trujillo used to have people taken to be wacked. They'd shoot them and toss the bodies down those steep hillsides. You know, like husbands who didn't appreciate his mongering style. Can anyone confirm this story?
    Ah but I was so much older then, I'm younger than that now!

20. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to KoKi9290 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

The mountian roads are fun, just take your time. Usually there a few girls looking for a free ride. I take my time eating and drinking along the way. I just took a new route from Salcedo to Gaspar Hernandez. I like to get away from all the gringo and you will find the people in the campo to be very friendly.

22. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to jcrew2020 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Santiago is such a great central location to explore other smaller cities. Here are a few:
    Mao
    San Jose de las Matas
    Moca
    La Vega
    Jarabacoa
    Bonao
    San Francisco

Alll of these are great little cities with Hot Girls and not many Gringos.

24. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to jcrew2020 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

La vega and Moca are excellent. Gringo free zones.

26. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Bug Boy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,504 Times in 477 Posts

Great updates. any updates on Chica friendly hotels and wifi in room?
    It aint over till I am done!!!

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Trib For This Useful Post:

JDR

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jcrew2020 View Post

not the best picture of this place since all the talent is behind me however thats where the stage is set up

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Magikmusic For This Useful Post:

Thanks

My friend has a 3 bedroom apartment that he likes to rent out when he is back in NY. It is located in La Trinitaria, one of the nicest areas in Santiago. Right behind Hotel Matum and a 5 minute walk to the Monument. $60 per night.

32. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to jcrew2020 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,973 Times in 2,414 Posts

For you guys that know about the bus schedule from Santiago to puerto plata. What time does the last bus leave Santiago to go to POP for people flying into Santiago airport in the afternoon or early evening?

34. The Following User Says Thank You to LJDMV For This Useful Post:

JDR

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Trib View Post
    Great updates. any updates on Chica friendly hotels and wifi in room?
    My 2 choices were Hotel Matum, and Hotel Los Jardines.

Both are chica friendly.
    Matum does not have wifi in the rooms, but if you get a room on the second floor (I tried 205) it's very close to the lobby area which does have wifi. I was able to get an ok signal.

I ended up not staying there...they could not get the door key card working properly. Could not generate a working key card for me. Only the maid could get in to my room. Then other people starting showing up saying they needed new keys...
    They tried for over an hour..before I told them I was outta there. Gave me a refund without too much drama.
    Rooms are big, and pretty nice. I would stay there if they could get me a key...
    Rate was 2100 pesos per night, included free breakfast.

Hotel Los Jardines roooms are much smaller, and you use a real key.
    Wifi was excellent. Rooms are pretty nice (but small). I would stay again.
    Rate was 1800 pesos per night, included free breakfast.

I took 2 chicas to my room at Hotel Los Jardines..no questions..no problems..no ID checks..nada.

36. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to mrblackluv For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I like Hotel Matum. The rooms 201-205 are nicer because they have a balcony. You should check out their Presidental Suite. It cost $200 per night, but is Huge. It has 2 bedrooms, office, living room, kitchen and dining room.

38. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jcrew2020 For This Useful Post:

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information