Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bambu

Thanks
    Thanked 29,784 Times in 2,952 Posts

Re: Bambu

Quote Originally Posted by Nakom View Post
    Have you been reading this board???? Take a cab, bus, moto, publico, or rent a scooter / car and head to Sosua. It is only 12 min away, and there 200x more chicas than Cabarete.
    Cabarete is a nicer place to stay - but way over-priced and hard to find quality chicas.
    Just think how long it would have taken to get laid if you had stayed in Cabarete

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to WickedWillie For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Robert13212 View Post
    From what I have been hearing out of Cabarete only ask WickedWillie's advice if you want a massage from someones grandmother.
    It's going to go down as one of life's regrets that I didn't take your call and bailed, I thought it was the novia checking up on me

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WickedWillie For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Re: Scofflaw

Quote Originally Posted by Scofflaw View Post
    Celuisma Cabarete (Adults Only). I had a discount coupon from hotels4u.com as a return user. Cost $32.60/night for 8 nights in July (high season, I think). Never been to Cabarete so I'm hoping the beach/resort is nice.

Scofflaw~
    It's 3 km east of Cabarete town.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WickedWillie For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by drgreenbud View Post
    Many years ago there was a bar just before the begining of Cabarete call Casa de Equipo and I pulled an incredibly cute girl out of there but I don't think it is there anymore. Also if you see the shared taxi (they are identified by the red taxi tag instead of a white one) you could probably get the entire cab to yourself for 200 peso's although it is fun to get into a taxi with 3 chicas. $35.00 for a taxi from the airport to Sosua and 200 peso from sosua to the airport. it is easy enough to get the cell phone numbers of any number of taxi drivers that speak a bit of english and they have always found me a good selection of 1000-1500 peso semi pro girls and for like 20-30 bucks a day they can be your personal driver.
    Happy memories

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WickedWillie For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by weyland View Post
    It was more than a bar. It was a full-scale brothel with many chicas living on site. Long gone, I am afraid. Not only closed but knocked down and redeveloped as (I believe) condos.
    Closed down, knocked down but not yet redeveloped. The owner pocketed US$1 million. Probably just a tad more than he made in salidas and room charges.

10. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to WickedWillie For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 15,894 Times in 1,768 Posts

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Nakom
    Have you been reading this board???? Take a cab, bus, moto, publico, or rent a scooter / car and head to Sosua. It is only 12 min away, and there 200x more chicas than Cabarete.
    Cabarete is a nicer place to stay - but way over-priced and hard to find quality chicas.

Quote Originally Posted by WickedWillie View Post
    Just think how long it would have taken to get laid if you had stayed in Cabarete
    Priceless.. I couldn't have said it better myself......
    "You're only as old as the woman you feel" Groucho Marx

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to drdreamer For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Re: Scofflaw

It's 3 km east of Cabarete town.
    Since I'm staying in an AI there, are there any massage or onsite places in Cabarete? The Cabarete threads are a little thin.

Thanks!
    Scofflaw~

14. The Following User Says Thank You to RickRock For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 44,288 Times in 7,548 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Robert13212 View Post
    Which is exactly why Jimbo doesn't like it there And you can't wear stilleto heels on the beach either.
    I dont have time to play with non putas and the games that go along with it. I have enough of that shit here in NY.
    The best thing about an ass, is when it is sitting on my face!!

16. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Jimbo44 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 44,288 Times in 7,548 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bhutto,BhuttoGolly View Post
    I'm jerking your chain- but, c'mon! "All the way" to Cabarete???
    Jimbo, it's 5 minutes! I took a motoconcho once when I was in a hurry to meet a chica there.
    And yeah, if you have a minute or two to wait: the shared-taxi/"publico" is the way to go. I think there's a five/ten peso premium at night, because lastvyear it was like 25 pesos to Cabarete during the day- and about 30/35 back at night.
    5 Min, no freaking way!! Unles u r going maybe 80 mph. I stay to the right side of the road, and go about 35mph. Plus I stop on the way at a few places. I will add tho, that i have met several chicas at the clubs in sosua who tell me that they live in Caberete tho. So, I assume they r aroung during the day.

18. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Jimbo44 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,545 Times in 414 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo44 View Post
    5 Min, no freaking way!! Unles u r going maybe 80 mph. I stay to the right side of the road, and go about 35mph. Plus I stop on the way at a few places. I will add tho, that i have met several chicas at the clubs in sosua who tell me that they live in Caberete tho. So, I assume they r aroung during the day.
    all the chicas are from somewhere else.....so they say. lol bet you would be shocked how many are sosua local

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ralphie1 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 51,253 Times in 7,381 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by weyland View Post
    The guaguas don't run at night but the carritos/publicos (shared taxis) do. I have often taken one (35 pesos).

And 400 pesos seems a lot. I would have thought 300 tops unless it was in the small hours of the morning (after 2.00am).
    Actually it was closer to 11pm. The street was pretty dead, it was a weeknight and I was just looking for a little something different. Should have known better.

I didn't even see a publico. The taxi guy originally wanted 500 pesos, I countered with 300 and we agreed to 400.

My next time down, if I go to Cabarete at night, it will be a Fri or Sat.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mr. Smooth For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 84,361 Times in 13,901 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nakom View Post
    Fri / Sat nights on the beach in Cabarete are awesome! Not many putas, but all kinds of drunk good looking women (tourist and local).
    Um.... hold on a sec.... isn't that what you find back home? Why come to Cabarete?
    If you think it's love try not paying in the morning..

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many."

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MrHappy For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 84,361 Times in 13,901 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo44 View Post
    The guy on the motorcycle that bought the farm and took his GF and a couple of other kids with him was trying to make the trip in 5 minutes.

So much for that argument.

26. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MrHappy For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,964 Times in 1,262 Posts

Sid, have YOU ever been to Bambu or even Cabarete at night??????
    Folr 10 years. I lived there for 9 months in 2007. Gave up on the area in 2007 because of many crime incidents. I returned to AR.

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sidney For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Smooth View Post
    Thanks Sid. I went to the Bambu back in '07 and had a good time. Plenty of nice chicas then. Went once last year as a break from Sosua and was pretty disappointed. Plus, at night, I couldn't find a gua gua to get back, had to take a taxi for 400 pesos.

Cabarete is nice for a day time excursion with some nice (though expensive) bars and I love hanging at the beach with the constant breeze. Jose O' Shays is a nice hangout but with the added cost in tax and service fees, your bill will add up real quick.

I'm sure guys like WickedWillie know their way around and the best places to go for nighttime fun.
    I agree on 2007. Many of the hottest of Sosua tried it for bigger money. Do you remember the super hot Margarita?

30. The Following User Says Thank You to Sidney For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Sid, have YOU ever been to Bambu or even Cabarete at night??????
    I wrote this on another website in 2007: Illusion versus Reality--Why I moved away from Sosua/Cabarete I visited the area several times over the last 5 years and loved it for all the reasons that many of you love it. I began living there full time in February. But in reality, I began to see the dark, ugly things about the area--these are random notes of mine: my Dominican gf afraid to walk on vitually deserted beach, car rear-ended--hit and run and the police refused to help, an armed robbery attempt of my house , an armed robbery attempt of Orilla del Mar(my rental) by 4 bandits= a 30 shot gunfight, bandits return in revenge gunfight with security--owners attempt a cover-up possibly to protect their properties value and/or rental income, pickpockets, police totally corrupt, crime atmosphere, the stories of friends terrorized by criminals, high prices, huge fear of an accident = loco drivers, pedestrians, and motos, police actively seek bribes on jfk, police will not protect me. no laws are observed and no laws enforced, con games, inflated prices = beer, food, cars, gasoline, difficulties of cedulla and registration, impossible to buy a house , must rent cars, gas 4.75 a gal, internet and electricity interruptions, supermarket food expensive , security and police are afraid to come to your rescue, 12 policemen raid a nice restauarant in Juan Dolio with loaded shotguns and semi-automatic rifles terrorizing the patrons--because the music was too loud, and dengue and typhoid fever, police persecution of Haitians seeking bribes.

32. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Sidney For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sidney View Post
    Folr 10 years. I lived there for 9 months in 2007. Gave up on the area in 2007 because of many crime incidents. I returned to AR.
    So your original 2 posts were based on your experience of 4 years ago??

34. The Following User Says Thank You to WickedWillie For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 261,363 Times in 78,282 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ralphie1 View Post
    all the chicas are from somewhere else.....so they say. lol bet you would be shocked how many are sosua local

Well the ones that came there 10 years ago to work I guess are now considered locals.

You want access to trip reports?

Google Wallet

JDRent97@gmail.com

Thanks
    Thanked 1,545 Times in 414 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmydr View Post
    Well the ones that came there 10 years ago to work I guess are now considered locals.
    ...but tell everybody they are from santiago. lol nobody will admit to being from sosua, well, nobody except for robert 123321. i guess being from sosua makes you a slut

37. The Following User Says Thank You to ralphie1 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Cool Re: Bambu

So your original 2 posts were based on your experience of 4 years ago??
    No they in the last 5 days. Why do I bother to post?

39. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sidney For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information