Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bambu

Thanks
    Thanked 2,237 Times in 569 Posts

Re: Bambu

Quote Originally Posted by Sidney View Post
    Why do I bother to post?
    So you can first to report what happens when the ISOC taxi service meets up with taxi mafia!!

I will want ALL the details!

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Mr Hillbilly For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 29,784 Times in 2,952 Posts

No they in the last 5 days. Why do I bother to post?
    Oh OK Sid, now I get it, this was your personal experience in the last 5 days.

You had 1 duff muff with terrible sex and you are now advising everyone to avoid Bambu based on a solo experience.

Pretty sure I've never read anywhere that guys get the $$$ upward sell and a lousy shag. Do hookers try that shit for real???

Never happens in Sosua for sure.

Must just be in Bambu, you are right, stay away

4. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to WickedWillie For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 15,035 Times in 2,159 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MrHappy View Post
    Um.... hold on a sec.... isn't that what you find back home? Why come to Cabarete?

1) I can't pick up 18 - 25 year old women at home.

2) Drunk tourists (any age) on vacation are always 100X more open to a one night stand.

3) I travel for the vacation first, the hookers are just an added bonus.

6. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Nakom For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,044 Times in 358 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MrHappy View Post
    The guy on the motorcycle that bought the farm and took his GF and a couple of other kids with him was trying to make the trip in 5 minutes.

So much for that argument.
    Jeez, I didn't have a stopwatch!
    "seemed like 5 minutes"
    and, no the motoconch was not speeding, and no I never felt unsafe.
    But, again- the publicos are the way to go!
    I was actually harangued by said chica when she I told her I took a motoconcho- she said it's too far of a trip (ironically, I did it to not keep her waiting long!). Seemed fine to me

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bhutto,BhuttoGolly For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,964 Times in 1,262 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WickedWillie View Post
    Oh OK Sid, now I get it, this was your personal experience in the last 5 days.

You had 1 duff muff with terrible sex and you are now advising everyone to avoid Bambu based on a solo experience.

Pretty sure I've never read anywhere that guys get the $$$ upward sell and a lousy shag. Do hookers try that shit for real???

Never happens in Sosua for sure.

Must just be in Bambu, you are right, stay away
    Be my guest! Go for it. Your luck and skills are better than mine! If you read, I gave you specifics. Tens years of strikeouts for me. Surely you can find the 6'3'' Haitian. Happy Bambu mongering. I'll stick with Sosua.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sidney For This Useful Post:

Thanks

A couple months ago a friend picked up a chica in Bambu... she changed the price when he got to the cabaņas to 300 usd... he was drunk and horny so he paid it...

he also got pick pocketed by another chicha on the beach west of LAX... while he negotiated with her... guess he was pretty drunk!

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to austin For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Sid, have YOU ever been to Bambu or even Cabarete at night??????
    Sunday night 11pm = no chicas in Bambu! Is that negative?

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sidney For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 29,784 Times in 2,952 Posts

Sunday night 11pm = no chicas in Bambu! Is that negative?
    No but early, with the exception of Friday/Saturday and holiday weekends Cabarete doesn't get going until midnight.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WickedWillie For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

No but early, with the exception of Friday/Saturday and holiday weekends Cabarete doesn't get going until midnight.
    Sorry Willie. I don't think it ever ''gets going''! I'll spend my time in Sosua!

Thanks

Sorry Willie. I don't think it ever ''gets going''! I'll spend my time in Sosua!
    It gets going after midnight most nights, especially Fri-Sun. Also Ono's next door. There is a new disco under construction where Las Brisas used to be which looks like it will be air conditioned.

From 10p-midnight stop by the Arriba Bar across the street on the second floor. Its the pre-game gathering place.

A new place called "Wow" opened between Cabarete center and Callejon de la Loma where they play Latin music. It may have some potential. They have live music on weekends. Its owned by two African American physicians.

19. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to DRJones For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Bambu

Avoid. Sosua is infintly better. The place is full of DR druggos, chulos, and gays. Men outnuber ho's 3 x 1. The chicas are worthless
    I have been living in Cabarete for 3 years, and I think that's a matter of opinion. I know I'm a "newbie" but I never heard of this site until recently and have pretty much stayed up all night perusing the posts and pics. Bambu is fine, but if you're new, you have to know who you're dealing with or have someone with you who does. If you're at Bambu after midnight, especially on a weekend, you'll see the same chicks from Sosua who didn't get any action and are looking to score the " greener " tourists in Cabarete, at higher prices. It's pretty much the same. Now since Willy " Chamo " and Illana have tightened things up in Sosua after the election, a lot more action has come to Cabarete since Christmas. The best thing to do is go back and forth on the beach between bars and clubs checking out the ones who are pros and the ones who come from Sabaneta just to score bill money, the " semi " pros. After midnight, 1-2000 pesos for the rest of the night isn't that hard to do.

I also used to work in Sosua, so I'm not fresh, just pretty laid back. You'd never notice all 6'3 of me unless you asked me a question.

21. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to alvinthefirst For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Re: Scofflaw

Quote Originally Posted by Scofflaw View Post
    Celuisma Cabarete (Adults Only). I had a discount coupon from hotels4u.com as a return user. Cost $32.60/night for 8 nights in July (high season, I think). Never been to Cabarete so I'm hoping the beach/resort is nice.

Scofflaw~
    I was there in July of 2009 for 4 days with a girl from bonao. It was not the nicest resort I have ever been too, but we had a blast. The staff was fun, food was not very good but we ate it, the second room we had was good but the first one was horrible. I refused to stay there, told the staff to get me another room with a good a/c system and to come get me at the bar when it is ready. The beach was nice at night, we partied so much at night never really saw it during the day. the last day there she blew me on the beach around 5 am before we made it back to the room.

As far as Bambo I have mixed feelings, I really liked the nightlife at bambo and the cabarete beach, Got to know the DJ at bambo and me and my girl always had a good time. But if I was rolling solo looking to find a chica I think i would have been disappointed. Also there is a bar i liked going to across the street from the backside of bambo, you cant miss it, it is upstairs blaring music off the balcony, usually a few chicas hanging on the balcony looking over the street, it is owned by a german girl. she has fusball table and pool tables. Again I was with my girl, I didn't see much to pick up.

During the day Cabarete has a beautiful beach with nice atmosphere. Nice restaurants on the beach in the sand. Food pretty good. But if you are not already hooked up, you might get lonely. Now 32.00 dollars a day sounds like a good deal, but unless you are coupled up I imagine you will be traveling back to sosua alot.

Last thought, there is no way in the world I would stay in Cabarete without having a novia with me.

23. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to ctp1812 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bhutto,BhuttoGolly View Post
    I'm jerking your chain- but, c'mon! "All the way" to Cabarete???
    Jimbo, it's 5 minutes! I took a motoconcho once when I was in a hurry to meet a chica there.
    And yeah, if you have a minute or two to wait: the shared-taxi/"publico" is the way to go. I think there's a five/ten peso premium at night, because lastvyear it was like 25 pesos to Cabarete during the day- and about 30/35 back at night.
    Just a THOUGHT OF CONCERN:

I do not think you would get my ass on a motoconcho at let's say 2:30 am traveling from sosua to cabarete. With or without a chica I think it's a bad idea. Yes it is only a 10-15 minute ride, but it is on a road that is black as night. Anything could happen.

25. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to ctp1812 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ctp1812 View Post
    I was there in July of 2009 for 4 days with a girl from bonao. It was not the nicest resort I have ever been too, but we had a blast. The staff was fun, food was not very good but we ate it, the second room we had was good but the first one was horrible. I refused to stay there, told the staff to get me another room with a good a/c system and to come get me at the bar when it is ready. The beach was nice at night, we partied so much at night never really saw it during the day. the last day there she blew me on the beach around 5 am before we made it back to the room.

As far as Bambo I have mixed feelings, I really liked the nightlife at bambo and the cabarete beach, Got to know the DJ at bambo and me and my girl always had a good time. But if I was rolling solo looking to find a chica I think i would have been disappointed. Also there is a bar i liked going to across the street from the backside of bambo, you cant miss it, it is upstairs blaring music off the balcony, usually a few chicas hanging on the balcony looking over the street, it is owned by a german girl. she has fusball table and pool tables. Again I was with my girl, I didn't see much to pick up.

During the day Cabarete has a beautiful beach with nice atmosphere. Nice restaurants on the beach in the sand. Food pretty good. But if you are not already hooked up, you might get lonely. Now 32.00 dollars a day sounds like a good deal, but unless you are coupled up I imagine you will be traveling back to sosua alot.

Last thought, there is no way in the world I would stay in Cabarete without having a novia with me.
    You been to Sosua since December ? Illana and Willy Chamo have changed things. No solo " Chicas" on the beach or they go to jail, some solo Chica's if they look like "Ho's" ( whatever that means ) get harassed, shook down, arrested, and don't let the poor chick be Haitian. A lot of the action is moving away from Sosua since the crackdown, or you only see it at the discos late at night. Some of the clubs were forced to enclose their open fronts with windows. I'm not saying that Sosua is dead, but it's changed a lot. Illana thinks she can make Sosua family friendly and that Sosua can be a tourist attraction where people can come and enjoy the beach, bring their children and don't have to worry about what they may see strolling down Pedro Clisante . It's still there, but it's more clandestine now. Chica's don't approach you when you're sitting on the corner cigar bar having a beer, or at a sidewalk cafe. I think their idea is doomed to fail because Sosua was built on Pussy, but it's had an effect for the past few months.
    Last edited by alvinthefirst; 02-17-2011 at 03:00 PM. Reason: adding something

27. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to alvinthefirst For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by alvinthefirst View Post
    You been to Sosua since December ? Illana and Willy Chamo have changed things. No solo " Chicas" on the beach or they go to jail, some solo Chica's if they look like "Ho's" ( whatever that means ) get harassed, shook down, arrested, and don't let the poor chick be Haitian. A lot of the action is moving away from Sosua since the crackdown, or you only see it at the discos late at night. Some of the clubs were forced to enclose their open fronts with windows. I'm not saying that Sosua is dead, but it's changed a lot. Illana thinks she can make Sosua family friendly and that Sosua can be a tourist attraction where people can come and enjoy the beach, bring their children and don't have to worry about what they may see strolling down Pedro Clisante . It's still there, but it's more clandestine now. Chica's don't approach you when you're sitting on the corner cigar bar having a beer, or at a sidewalk cafe. I think their idea is doomed to fail because Sosua was built on Pussy, but it's had an effect for the past few months.
    I am completely aware of what is going on in SOSUA, but I am not sure what your comments have to do with my time spent in Cabarete in July of 2009. I was staying at a resort in Cabarete with a chica from Bonao and was sharing my experience with a guy who is getting ready to visit that same resort.

29. The Following User Says Thank You to ctp1812 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    I am completely aware of what is going on in SOSUA, but I am not sure what your comments have to do with my time spent in Cabarete in July of 2009. I was staying at a resort in Cabarete with a chica from Bonao and was sharing my experience with a guy who is getting ready to visit that same resort.
    And that guy appreciates the info. Thanks!

Scofflaw~

31. The Following User Says Thank You to RickRock For This Useful Post:

Thanks

And that guy appreciates the info. Thanks!

Scofflaw~
    your welcome, let me know if I can help you.

33. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ctp1812 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

They have a lot to do with it. Your post said stay away from Cabarete without your own "novio", my point is that a lot of the action has moved here. I'm not going to argue with you about it. I was trying to add some information since I live here and know a little bit more about Cabarete's scene. I see a lot of the street chica's from Sosua who have come here , they are limited to pass by's in the daytime , But Cabarete at night now is different, my point was that it has changed a lot in Cabarete since 2009. The rude comment was unnecessary. A few of the Haitian chica's seemed to have moved to this area, and I spot familiar faces on the streets and in the neighborhood down near Islabon where the Haitian chica's live. If you know this area, and know who to talk to and where to go, you'll find it's not 2009 anymore.
    Last edited by alvinthefirst; 02-23-2011 at 03:46 PM. Reason: addition

35. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to alvinthefirst For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I will be in Cabarete for 8 days this summer. If Bambu is to be avoided, are there any other good spots to pull chicas? Any massage or onsite places?

Thanks!
    A couple of new pool halls opened up near the car wash going towards Sabeneta, but it's probably wise to take a friend, and even a Dominican "guide" with you until you find what you seek. Not hard at all if you try. In fact, some of the motoconcho guys will take you to the Dominican bars in Sabaneta and Gaspar Hernandez if you ask ...

37. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to alvinthefirst For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 84,361 Times in 13,901 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by alvinthefirst View Post
    A couple of new pool halls opened up near the car wash going towards Sabeneta, but it's probably wise to take a friend, and even a Dominican "guide" with you until you find what you seek. Not hard at all if you try. In fact, some of the motoconcho guys will take you to the Dominican bars in Sabaneta and Gaspar Hernandez if you ask ...
    Some guys say they could never do 8 days in BB. I couldn't do 8 HOURS in Cabarete!! lol.
    If you think it's love try not paying in the morning..

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many."

39. The Following User Says Thank You to MrHappy For This Useful Post:

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information