Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast

Thread: 07/2007 - Continental/United Deals to the DR.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 51,713 Times in 9,684 Posts

Re: Continental Deals to the DR.

If you booked on Jet Blue, they will credit you the difference... CALL THEM and ask,but i think you have to do it online. over the phone I think they charge you $60 to make changes or some such nonsense.. But I know for a fact they will credit it if you noodel through it on the site . Couple guys have done it.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JD426 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 35,868 Times in 4,610 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jd426 View Post
    If you booked on Jet Blue, they will credit you the difference... CALL THEM and ask,but i think you have to do it online. over the phone I think they charge you $60 to make changes or some such nonsense.. But I know for a fact they will credit it if you noodel through it on the site . Couple guys have done it.
    Thanks. That's good to know for future use. I can get to EWR basically free and hate the long trek home when flying into JFK so I'll keep things as they are. My wing also connects at EWR so I'm scooping him up so he doesn't have to sleep the night before in the airport.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to el toro For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 40,590 Times in 5,066 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jd426 View Post
    thats way too good to resist....
    It is... so I didn't.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to deezl For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,336 Times in 6,473 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by deezl View Post
    It is... so I didn't.
    I'm fighting the temptation myself. Jetblue is easier to resist but continental?? Shit this is 2k miles right here. I'm in such a mile mode I'm willing to go and come back just for the weekend to get the miles. Smh so hopeless. That and a weekend share of chicas is never a bad idea.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dave Diaz For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dominican dave View Post
    I'm fighting the temptation myself. Jetblue is easier to resist but continental?? Shit this is 2k miles right here. I'm in such a mile mode I'm willing to go and come back just for the weekend to get the miles. Smh so hopeless. That and a weekend share of chicas is never a bad idea.
    Even at $300 it's a lousy mileage run. That's almost 0.10/mile, ideally you want to get that below .05/mile - if you can get it below .03/mile then you've really got a winner.

Go there to chill out, have fun, and bang chicas!

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to deezl For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Even at $300 it's a lousy mileage run. That's almost 0.10/mile, ideally you want to get that below .05/mile - if you can get it below .03/mile then you've really got a winner.

That's a good way to look at it. I already have a trip planned to ac and need to plan one more but not sure if it'll be dr or another place. that breakdown will help me out tho.

Either way its etter than those jb pts, rather have 2k miles than 1200 jb pts which are pretty much worthless.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dave Diaz For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Either way its etter than those jb pts, rather have 2k miles than 1200 jb pts which are pretty much worthless.
    It really isn't. Consider that for the cheapest award flight on CO to POP (the elusive 'saverpass') it's 35k miles - and those 'saverpass' tickets are rarely available and at least half of the ones that are will route you through Montreal.

2k miles on CO gets you about 5.7% of the way to one of those tickets, or it gets you 3.3% of the way towards one of the more readily available flights.

1200 JetBlue points gets you about 5% of the way to a direct flight ticket that you can book just about any day of the week - no restrictions. And when there's a fare drop (like those $300 tickets, for example) the amount of reward points required to book that ticket drops as well - those tix only cost 14,800 points R/T.

I think JetBlues old system was better, but the new system is still better than most of the other programs out there.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to deezl For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

It really isn't. Consider that for the cheapest award flight on CO to POP (the elusive 'saverpass') it's 35k miles - and those 'saverpass' tickets are rarely available and at least half of the ones that are will route you through Montreal.

2k miles on CO gets you about 5.7% of the way to one of those tickets, or it gets you 3.3% of the way towards one of the more readily available flights.

1200 JetBlue points gets you about 5% of the way to a direct flight ticket that you can book just about any day of the week - no restrictions. And when there's a fare drop (like those $300 tickets, for example) the amount of reward points required to book that ticket drops as well - those tix only cost 14,800 points R/T.

I think JetBlues old system was better, but the new system is still better than most of the other programs out there.
    The old system was ALOTTTT better even with the blackout dates because you got points alot faster and the award amount needed was 100. I dont like this pts for $'s spent. I have seen the bonuses but DR doesnt get a go long Bonus from JFK so aside from getting a deal thats all im going to get with JB.

The points redemption thing, its only good when there is a sale but when there is a sale I'd rather buy the ticket.

I havent really been with any other Flyer program yet, im on AA now working on miles. What I like about them is when I do fly I get advantage miles and with CO i believe you get elite miles, which is good for progression in the program for something else. Plus you got the one world and Star alliance programs which jetblue is not a part of.

Id only check JB for price but if CO or AA is willing to match the price, there is no way im picking JB. Flights to DR are $99 now but its been years since the last time it was before about a week or two ago.

My goals with my miles is to reach over 100k, dont expect to fly my way to 100k but every little bit helps for when I get a bonus card offer. Just my opinion though. I feel like ive been left behind messing with JB for so long, left behind of the star alliance and one world revolution

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dave Diaz For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,936 Times in 6,484 Posts

Damn not one of those days work for me. I'll be traveling on the job for those days. Damn I hate missing out on sales.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hugrad95a For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I tell you someone from Continental must be a member on the board and read your post. I say that because I just got offered 2500 bonus miles in addition to the miles I fly if I take a flight by Oct 31, If I fly I can find a matching deal for the 300 I think that brings the cost down to around .05 per mile.

I tell you this though Best thing I like about JB is how easy it is to compare the days and prices. Definitely like that better than AA or CO but maybe its cuz im so used to it.

Go there to chill out, have fun, bang chicas AND GET MILESS!! of course all the other things go first but Miles is like Flyer payment.

Thanks alot for the dates makes it easier to searchhh

I still dont see any 198, I see some for SDQ though from EWR but I also noticed its only 1500 miles not 2000 on the direct flight.
    Last edited by Dave Diaz; 08-04-2011 at 11:35 PM.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dave Diaz For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 45,239 Times in 5,923 Posts

Go there to chill out, have fun, bang chicas AND GET MILESS!!

The story of my life
    Last edited by joeysterr; 08-04-2011 at 11:40 PM.

22. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to joeysterr For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by joeysterr View Post
    The story of my life
    Yup your the Mile originatorr.

The Inspiration lol you should get a shirt made up for you with that on it.

"Sterr Your Life Up" series

chill out, have fun, bang chicas AND GET MILESS!!

Or something like that. Now that I see you I know there is something I must dooo.

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dave Diaz For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by joeysterr View Post
    Click to see pic

Click to see pic

The story of my life
    See man there you go with that Ultimate Author shit again I come in and theres no pics then I reply and BOOOMMMMMM is what I am now but what this truly deserves is this....

Copa. You lucky NINJAAA. RIP to that deallll cause thats where id be now lol BOOKKKEDDDD lol. I just looked at the plane and remembered that deal
    Last edited by Dave Diaz; 08-04-2011 at 11:50 PM. Reason: apologies for the foul language. Made the edit

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dave Diaz For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 15,563 Times in 2,554 Posts

Anybody finding it difficult to book on Continental for the next month or two? I was trying to re-book the ticket I had to cancel recently and could hardly find any dates available. Not sure if they're really that booked up or if it's just part of the transition over to United. Ended up booking with Jet Blue.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Rubicon For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rubicon View Post
    Anybody finding it difficult to book on Continental for the next month or two? I was trying to re-book the ticket I had to cancel recently and could hardly find any dates available. Not sure if they're really that booked up or if it's just part of the transition over to United. Ended up booking with Jet Blue.
    They only fly to dr on wed and sat at least most of the year.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to el toro For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by el toro View Post
    They only fly to dr on wed and sat at least most of the year.
    Those were the days I tried to book for and yet very little available until November, I think it was.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rubicon View Post
    Those were the days I tried to book for and yet very little available until November, I think it was.
    Yeah I see what you mean now. You may have to call them and ask wtf they have. I know it sucks from Jersey to have to go to JFK sometimes to fly JetBlue. Even when I fly out of JFK I try to return to EWR just to be home when I get home.

33. The Following User Says Thank You to el toro For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,369 Times in 366 Posts

I just booked a flight this past Tuesday leaving out of EWR to SDQ next Tuesday the 13th. Didn't have a problem. I usually fly out of JFK on Jet Blue because they have more room, more flights and an overall better flying experience. Plus it didn't hurt that my dad lived close to the airport so I parked for free . He moved last month out to the island and now I'm flying out of EWR again since I live in Jersey.

I was looking for flights for the last month or so and they were just way overpriced but have dropped over the last week or so.
    trEPP33

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by el toro View Post
    Yeah I see what you mean now. You may have to call them and ask wtf they have. I know it sucks from Jersey to have to go to JFK sometimes to fly JetBlue. Even when I fly out of JFK I try to return to EWR just to be home when I get home.
    I ended up booking with Jet Blue. It doesn't matter for me if I fly out of JFK or EWR. Either way, I still have a 3 hour drive when I return.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by trEPP33 View Post
    I just booked a flight this past Tuesday leaving out of EWR to SDQ next Tuesday the 13th. Didn't have a problem. I usually fly out of JFK on Jet Blue because they have more room, more flights and an overall better flying experience. Plus it didn't hurt that my dad lived close to the airport so I parked for free . He moved last month out to the island and now I'm flying out of EWR again since I live in Jersey.

I was looking for flights for the last month or so and they were just way overpriced but have dropped over the last week or so.
    I was a long time Continental flier with numerous trips under my belt. But, ever since talk of the merger with United started things have really begun to change over at Continental. The main attraction to Continental for me is that they have First/Business class, though mostly Business. No problem, Jet Blue it is.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast

Thread Information