Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Driving from SDQ to Sosua And Blackbeards

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,309 Times in 3,521 Posts

Re: Driving from SDQ to Sosua And Blackbeards

Quote Originally Posted by ROVER View Post
    Is it still 4 hours SDQ to POP via Metro ???
    No Idea, but one of the crew took the Metro and said it was the best thing ever. I recall him saying it was $15 and very well air conditioned, and gringos using lap tops and watching stuff on Ipads on the trip up.

If I recall correctly TNT said he took the bus or at least I think we discussed it, but it might have been somewhere else.

In gas alone we probably spent $200 for a mitsubishi Outlander, so next trip, we are considering taking the Metro up and renting a car locally in Sosua.

Compared to the Caribe, which most of the Chicas take, I heard it is packed, hot, and makes many stops.

I have not taken either bus, but would love to hear opinions

2. The Following User Says Thank You to BorisDaBulletDodger For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 6,363 Times in 867 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BorisDaBulletDodger View Post

Compared to the Caribe, which most of the Chicas take, I heard it is packed, hot, and makes many stops.

I have not taken either bus, but would love to hear opinions
    Metro is great if you want to chill but I like Caribe tours cause one can book 2 or 3 chicas before getting off at Sosua. Sometimes you literally can take a chica str8 off the bus in Sosua to your hotel to help you unpack and empty your sack. There is also talent in the bus station waiting for the bus.
    Imágenes adjuntas Imágenes adjuntas

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to el_papi_chew_low For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Up date on driving conditions in the DR

I only got lost for a few minutes in Santiago trying to drop off one of the crew at STI. The only advice I have of getting to STI airport from POP is to look for signs to Santo Domingo. The very important sign to Santo Domingo is place in a very odd place and we noticed it too late, because of all the Danillo posters, who I hate right now. If I recall correctly when you are driving to Santo Domingo, and pass a Mcdonalds, there is a underpass where you are supposed exit off, instead of driving straight, luckily I caught this at last second, and although it was too late, noticed it and had to make a u-turn. Once you make it through Santiago there is another part where you might get lost, you will have to take hwy1 south for a while you will see the sign that says "Aeropuerto" with and arrow implying the next right, but you want to make sure you go underneath the bridge and turn right around onto the road to the airport.

Drove up to Sosua from SDQ on New Highway, it appears there is now a new gas station that is open on the highway, and another under construction. The conditions from where the new highway to Cabarete is about 98% fixed, and I would consider safe as far as pot holes compared to previous drives. It is still very dark in many areas, and even know I was reminding myself, I got lost again briefly in Nagua, and since it was dark, it was tough getting my bearings right to find where the beach was, but we got back on the road.

We started the drive around 6pm and got into Sosua a little before 9pm if I recall correctly. A good part of this drive was at night. There are many people at night on the side of the road you will not be able to see unless the high beams were on. We kept playing a game since I forgot my cord to hook up the music. We put the high beams on and guess the number of people we would see.

On the way back, the road between POP and Navarette has a few impressive potholes that would get $100 at Classicos. Anyway, it appeared that the road between STI and SDQ is brand new, and whatever the road that enters into SDQ is under construction, but appears towards completion then before.

For some reason, it felt that the drive from Sosua, along with stops in POP and STI airport felt so much shorter then driving up the new highway, but it might be because our testicles were near empty.

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to BorisDaBulletDodger For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 46,708 Times in 7,069 Posts

I know your trip is over now, but others may wanna know the price of gas out here.. I believe I saw regular gas for 226.9 pesos, im guessing this is a gallon or liter but think that's what I saw posted this evening... very nice meeting u, there are not too many people I can hang with out here,but you are definitely one of them... Tell your twin brother,uhm I mean friend to email me... Another great dude!

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BrooklynBeas For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBeas View Post
    I know your trip is over now, but others may wanna know the price of gas out here.. I believe I saw regular gas for 226.9 pesos, im guessing this is a gallon or liter but think that's what I saw posted this evening... very nice meeting u, there are not too many people I can hang with out here,but you are definitely one of them... Tell your twin brother,uhm I mean friend to email me... Another great dude!
    Gas is expensive, I think we had a Nissan Alamode or some shit, a smaller car, we only had to fill up once, and I think I paid about 2827 pesos. Why 2827? So the douchebag can say "No Change".

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BorisDaBulletDodger For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 83,174 Times in 8,333 Posts

Good seeing you again my friend. I look forward to your next trip.
    Enjoy it while you can.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Seville For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Robert13212 View Post
    Good seeing you again my friend. I look forward to your next trip.
    Rumor has it last weekend in may for the knucklehead convention in sosua but no contract as of yet. 25 for a bachelor party...... Alledgedly

If so first 10 beers are on me.

I just learned today that mamajuana contains alcohol which explains everything. Warn the canucks for me.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to BorisDaBulletDodger For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Long story but I took a cab from SDQ to STI and it appears the construction from the north of Santo Domingo where I believe they were building a metro station underneath has been completed and looked great. The conditions of the drive has improved drastically, although I drove late at night around 11pm. Also between Bonao and La Vega there was a military checkpoint, not sure how it would of gone down if it wasn't for the cab driver and his SDQ ID, then my gringo ass driving a Nissan Tilda. It seemed like a large operation on both sides of the highway with about 30 officers.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BorisDaBulletDodger For This Useful Post:

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information