Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Expert opinion needed

Thanks

Re: Expert opinion needed

Rumor has it that you weren't ready for the DR either.
    Hence your move to Colombia.

Just stirring the kettle of shit...

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmydr View Post
    Not ready for DR. That is the saddest thing that I ever heard.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to papi_sosua For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 164,725 Times in 30,459 Posts

Not ready for DR. That is the saddest thing that I ever heard.
    so true as;

the dr is the training grounds for the rest of the world
    you only live once, but if you live it right once is enough

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to whynotme For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 261,405 Times in 78,293 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by papi_sosua View Post
    Rumor has it that you weren't ready for the DR either.
    Hence your move to Colombia.

Just stirring the kettle of shit...

43 trips to DR over ten years. I am not ready for the new improved DR.

You want access to trip reports?

Google Wallet

JDRent97@gmail.com

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jimmydr For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by whynotme View Post
    so true as;

the dr is the training grounds for the rest of the world

And of course, many get out of single "A" baseball while others get stuck at triple A

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jimmydr For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,744 Times in 721 Posts

maybe you should wait til you learn they're called putas also.. not puntas

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to voltage69 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

A suggestion, of course

First all newbis should join the paid trip report area and read about 100 reports from 12 different countries.

Second, maybe join Jimmys Stash and see how the senor members party together. Of course, you get get that feel from the trip reports as well.

Third, maybe get involved with mongers shooting the breeze topics which include sports and movies.

Get a feel for things and who is who.

Read, read, read, and read more.

12. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Jimmydr For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,993 Times in 1,045 Posts

Nobody even hit on, what to me are the obvious downsides to doing what he suggested....

Buddy... you will have problems with:

1. Changing girls (cuz they give you a relatively unremovable bracelet for the meal plan)
    2. Stink Eye from the family vacation types who will be staying with you.
    3. Most Dominicanas don't really like staying there because of the food and because the place is geared towards families and gringo families at that.
    4. Most of the AI's are located in the Playa Dorada complex, which is away from Sosua and it isn't convenient going back and forth all the time.

Like the others said... Blackbeards is the way to go for someone with your level of DR experience.

Unlike some of the other posters... I've been a few times and the only problem that guys seem to have is that they decide to leave for more variety in Sosua. But... there is plenty available there and they will call girls in if you have specific needs.

My 2 cents.

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ElPlomero For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 6,553 Times in 1,889 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by eastcoastallstar View Post
    did you read his first post?

Doesn't seem like he can be thrown to the wolves so soon, even with isoc around.

Stay in BB's and they will cater to your every need and cannot under the rules of the hotel overcharge you.

Now they can't keep you from falling in love with them there (That happens a lot at BB's)

But they will make sure you have a drama free couple of days.

I was thinking the same thing. Some people can go solo because of basic street smarts. Some people have to ease into it. Personally, I wouldn't recommend anyone new to this lifestyle just jumping in head first. This is of course assuming he has no prior mongering experience.
    "The Royal Penis is Clean Your Majesty"

"No cushion for the pushin, no peso for the queso"

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by princepointe View Post
    I was thinking the same thing. Some people can go solo because of basic street smarts. Some people have to ease into it. Personally, I wouldn't recommend anyone new to this lifestyle just jumping in head first. This is of course assuming he has no prior mongering experience.

I worked with this 41 year old woman and she never in her life ate in a restaurant by herself. When I told her that I wasn't having any dinners with her, she just sat in her room and ordered room service. We were in Portland Maine where the downtown area is great.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Jimmydr For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 7,406 Times in 795 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by neillt View Post
    Ok, so im scrounging up money for my trip to sosua and a idea poped in my head. Why dont I get an all-inclusive hotel and have a women meet me at the airport and I just take her there instead of keep paying puntas left and right for 5 days. I would tell them in the begining that she is my GF, that way she can get in. This way I can save on food and beverage. I could give her several hundred dollars and tell her she can eat and drink till her hearts compound. Good idea? or no? If it is where can I talk to one of these puntas on the net, so that I can set something up?

I mean..come on. I think this is a joke..

19. The Following User Says Thank You to QueGuapo For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,501 Times in 8,028 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by danytravel View Post
    I mean..come on. I think this is a joke..
    maybe, but let's not run him off.....yet.
    I've offended you.....goood

21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to eastcoastallstar For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 40,590 Times in 5,066 Posts

I worked with this 41 year old woman and she never in her life ate in a restaurant by herself. When I told her that I wasn't having any dinners with her, she just sat in her room and ordered room service. We were in Portland Maine where the downtown area is great.
    that's just really fuckin' sad.

you were wise to bail, people with that kind of limited functionality are hard to deal with.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to deezl For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 89,168 Times in 10,927 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by eastcoastallstar View Post
    maybe, but let's not run him off.....yet.

Come on guys. At least he's asking!

Alot of us are lucky that we make enough money to be able to pay our bills and still get to make some trips.......even though I'm not as lucky as eastcoastallstar and danytravl!!!!

I agree with balcoach completely!! Put your trip off a few months and save up. I pennypinch here at home, but when I'm on vacation, spending peso's is never on my mind. I just wanna enjoy myself. And, I want everyone around me to enjoy themselves, so I usually buy a round or three so that they are!!

25. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to TNT72 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TNT72 View Post
    Come on guys. At least he's asking!

Alot of us are lucky that we make enough money to be able to pay our bills and still get to make some trips.......even though I'm not as lucky as eastcoastallstar and danytravl!!!!

I agree with balcoach completely!! Put your trip off a few months and save up. I pennypinch here at home, but when I'm on vacation, spending peso's is never on my mind. I just wanna enjoy myself. And, I want everyone around me to enjoy themselves, so I usually buy a round or three so that they are!!
    agree with these guys. save your money and read up on the boards in the meantime. a lot of the fellas here have been down the road you wanna walk many, many, many times - i think a few of them even helped pave the fucker.

last thing you wanna do is be stuck out there having spent all your money in the first few days or pinching pennies the entire time you're there. you can still be economical about things and save money on the stuff you don't mind giving a little on but it's gonna take a little bit of knowledge that you don't apparently have right now (no offense).

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to deezl For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 47,842 Times in 8,288 Posts

Hi Neillt. Yours is a very bad suggestion.

Firstly, you will not save any money because you have to pay double at the AI.

Secondly, your chances of hitting on a completely strange girl who you will be happy to stay with for 5 days are extremely remote. (Some of those bitches we want to see the back of within 5 minutes. Not often, but it happens to the best of us). Switching chicas will either be impossible or will cost you a lot in bribes.

Thirdly, the chica will like the novelty of the AI for one day but after that will get bored and will always be finding excuses to leave you to be with her chulo (boyfriend/husband or pimp) or just to earn a few thousand extra pesos with quickies. And she will always be hitting on you to buy her stuff in the shops there where prices are double what they are outside.

Fourthly, one of the main reasons for coming to the DR is the quantity and variety of women you can fuck within a few days and you will miss out on that.

Fifth, if you have a good time you will want to be back. In many ways nothing beats the thrill of our first trip to the DR but the compensation is that on subsequent trips you will benefit from what you have learned. You will learn little stuck in an AI.

Totally agree with the other recommendations. The selection of chicas at Blackbeards these days is the best ever (unless you are in the tiny minority which prefers fat chicas or the slightly larger minority who prefer haitianas). Easy enough to price out what 5 days there will cost you.

If you really cannot afford that then it is possible to have a great time about one-third cheaper by staying in Sosúa, somewhere cheap but reliable like Rocky's where you can make friends with other mongers (both there and at New Garden, almost next door).

If you have not already subscribed to the Trip Report section here I strongly recommend you to do so. It will be the best few dollars you ever spend on mongering. Read and read. Once you have read widely there you will realise (with all due respect) what a dumb idea yours was.

It is possible to have a great mongering holiday based in an AI. Some of our most experienced guys do it. But they arrive with a "swinging" partner, a phone full of contacts, and probably hire a car and spend a lot of their time doing non-mongering stuff with old friends.

I hope you do make the trip, have a great time (it is hard not to, but some idiots seem to manage it), and report back to us in technicolor.

29. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to weyland For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 6,553 Times in 1,889 Posts

My friends think I'm crazy. I've always vacationed on my own. If I want to see a movie or eat somewhere I just do it. lol. Some people need babysitters I guess.

31. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to princepointe For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,464 Times in 1,775 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TNT72 View Post
    I've never stayed there, but it looks like $55 a night for room.

1500 ST or 3000 TLN per session

Plus food and drink.

Seems cheaper to get a room at Rocky's or D'Piero. You can eat and drink all day, on the money you save on the room per night. Then negotiate with the chica's! Meet some guys from ISOC, and get the lay of the land!
    Neillt,

I just completed my first trip to Sosua in Jan. I planned 2 nights at BB's sandwiched in between my time in Sosua. I left after the first night at BB's and couldn't wait to get back to Sosua. I much prefered the action in Sosua. BB's was a little too serene for me and lacked choice.

I know many give the place high praise and it is a safe and relaxing environment for a first timer but I think you'd be fine in Sosua. I flew solo as well.

I stayed at D'piero....$40/night and wouldn't hesitate to recommend it.
    My .02 cents. Hope this helps.

33. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Allie1 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,699 Times in 519 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by deezl View Post
    that's just really fuckin' sad.

you were wise to bail, people with that kind of limited functionality are hard to deal with.
    There might be a good business opportunity for a monger training business in the DR.
    Start out with basic spanish lessons, learn how to negotiate prices and get the "lay" of the land
    A Manwhore and Proud

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 47,842 Times in 8,288 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by funseeker View Post
    There might be a good business opportunity for a monger training
    business in the DR. Start out with basic spanish lessons, learn how to negotiate prices and get the "lay" of the land
    I think Robert13212 provides much of this already to Sosúa visitors except the Spanish language (he is still struggling to master English).

He doesn't charge so at least pay his expenses (gas, phone, or whatever), and buy the guy a meal and drink if he helps you a lot. Then the next time he offers to buy me a drink I won't have to humiliate him on the board to get my 19 pesos back.

Seriously, he would be a good guy to show the OP the basics and how not to overspend.

36. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to weyland For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by weyland View Post
    I think Robert13212 provides much of this already to Sosúa visitors except the Spanish language (he is still struggling to master English).

He doesn't charge so at least pay his expenses (gas, phone, or whatever), and buy the guy a meal and drink if he helps you a lot. Then the next time he offers to buy me a drink I won't have to humiliate him on the board to get my 19 pesos back.

Seriously, he would be a good guy to show the OP the basics and how not to overspend.
    he'll even count out your pesos for you, just in case you can't figure out how many $500 bills make $2500.

38. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to deezl For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information