Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Expert opinion needed

Thanks
    Thanked 83,174 Times in 8,333 Posts

Re: Expert opinion needed

Quote Originally Posted by weyland View Post
    I think Robert13212 provides much of this already to Sosúa visitors except the Spanish language (he is still struggling to master English).

He doesn't charge so at least pay his expenses (gas, phone, or whatever), and buy the guy a meal and drink if he helps you a lot.
    Then the next time he offers to buy me a drink I won't have to humiliate him on the board to get my 19 pesos back.

Seriously, he would be a good guy to show the OP the basics and how not to overspend.
    Just have to throw that back in my face every chance you get don't you Pops? You are are a small and petty person, not to mention British.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Seville For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,752 Times in 931 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by whynotme View Post
    so true as;

the dr is the training grounds for the rest of the world
    Of Course DR is the training grounds, but the manual starts here. With all the info thats spread across the board, and the question asked...(spending too much on puta's vs. Fake wifey vs AI Vs. reg hotel). I think he should read alittle more and then the answer to his question will hit him without fail. So many posts as to Y AI's are no good, and let's not forget about all the reports, with SO MANY DIFFERENT women Y bag one off the net your first trip in?
    That's Y I said he wasn't ready...and again, I meant no disrespect!! I would want someone to tell me the same if needed.
    Last edited by papirazzi; 02-18-2011 at 09:25 AM.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to papirazzi For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 6,553 Times in 1,889 Posts

I think Robert13212 provides much of this already to Sosúa visitors except the Spanish language (he is still struggling to master English).

He doesn't charge so at least pay his expenses (gas, phone, or whatever), and buy the guy a meal and drink if he helps you a lot. Then the next time he offers to buy me a drink I won't have to humiliate him on the board to get my 19 pesos back.

Seriously, he would be a good guy to show the OP the basics and how not to overspend.

I have to say that the more time I spent with Robert the more I liked him. Day 1 he seemed like a goober, Day 12 he was like an old friend. lol. Great guy. Can't go wrong adopting his style (mongering. Not vehicles or fashion.lol).
    "The Royal Penis is Clean Your Majesty"

"No cushion for the pushin, no peso for the queso"

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to princepointe For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 13,360 Times in 1,088 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TNT72 View Post
    Come on guys. At least he's asking!

Alot of us are lucky that we make enough money to be able to pay our bills and still get to make some trips.......even though I'm not as lucky as eastcoastallstar and danytravl!!!!

I agree with balcoach completely!! Put your trip off a few months and save up. I pennypinch here at home, but when I'm on vacation, spending peso's is never on my mind. I just wanna enjoy myself. And, I want everyone around me to enjoy themselves, so I usually buy a round or three so that they are!!
    You already know I feel the same way. I guess thats why we hit it off so well. Thanks for my rounds, I know it was more than three cause we were drunk as hell!!!

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to longhairdontcare For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 89,168 Times in 10,927 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by longhairdontcare View Post
    You already know I feel the same way. I guess thats why we hit it off so well. Thanks for my rounds, I know it was more than three cause we were drunk as hell!!!

I can't wait till you get back from the sandbox.....so we can live it up again!!!!!!!!!

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TNT72 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 7,616 Times in 1,767 Posts

Forget about taking the girl to the AI.

However, you still need to eat, drink, sleep.. so make the following comparision.

Is the total cost for the AI plus a cheap fucking-only room less than the total cost for a hotel, eating and drinking then go for the AI and use the cheap room for boom-boom

Thanks
    Thanked 2,993 Times in 1,045 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Allie1 View Post
    Neillt,

I just completed my first trip to Sosua in Jan. I planned 2 nights at BB's sandwiched in between my time in Sosua. I left after the first night at BB's and couldn't wait to get back to Sosua. I much prefered the action in Sosua. BB's was a little too serene for me and lacked choice.

I know many give the place high praise and it is a safe and relaxing environment for a first timer but I think you'd be fine in Sosua. I flew solo as well.

I stayed at D'piero....$40/night and wouldn't hesitate to recommend it.
    My .02 cents. Hope this helps.
    While your sentiment is appreciated by all who find BB's somewhat limiting... we must keep in mind that not everyone is the same.

Spanish speaking, having a wingman, needing more than 30 decent to great looking chicas to choose from, or knowing someone who has filled you in on all the does and don'ts, all contribute to whether or not a guy is better off skipping Blackbeards.

Before advising someone to leap right in, you might want to throw in a few caveats so that smaller town, shyer, and less experienced guys don't get overwhelmed.

For a newbie who hasn't hobbied much or has never traveled to hobby... Pedro Clisante can be quite a culture shock.

My opinion is that unless the guy is a loner type and has some experience, it's better to risk a little boredom than to have his trip spoiled by not being ready for things.

I got my indoctrination by two very helpful guys, who explained almost everything there was to know before they finally transitioned to Sosua and away from BB's.

I'm one of those guys who, as long as there's some decent talent to be had... I'd rather spend my time in the room than sorting through the crowds in Sosua.

I have no regrets about switching, but wouldn't mind going back to Blackbeards and their fantastic Jacuzzi either.

But... this is only MY 2 cents.

13. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ElPlomero For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 84,377 Times in 13,906 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by neillt View Post
    Ok, so im scrounging up money for my trip to sosua and a idea poped in my head. Why dont I get an all-inclusive hotel and have a women meet me at the airport and I just take her there instead of keep paying puntas left and right for 5 days. I would tell them in the begining that she is my GF, that way she can get in. This way I can save on food and beverage. I could give her several hundred dollars and tell her she can eat and drink till her hearts compound. Good idea? or no? If it is where can I talk to one of these puntas on the net, so that I can set something up?
    Neil, no one has asked yet, so I will.

What is your budget? How many days do you want to get in?

All of us here can make some great suggestions on what to do with your time and money.

But bottom line.. AI is NOT the way to go.
    If you think it's love try not paying in the morning..

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many."

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MrHappy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,699 Times in 519 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MrHappy View Post
    I got my feet wet in the DR with drnights.com
    It was an overpriced service that I would not recommend.

I chose the 2 girl 24 hour companion package with a third girl for two hours each day.
    Hanging with an 18 and a 20 year old holding my arms as I walked around the resort was not my idea of a good time.

I felt completely trapped by the situation ..
    But remember, this was Punta Cana, not exactly a place with too many options.

So, I just tried to have as much fun as possible but would never go that route ever again..
    A Manwhore and Proud

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to funseeker For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,464 Times in 1,775 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ElPlomero View Post
    While your sentiment is appreciated by all who find BB's somewhat limiting... we must keep in mind that not everyone is the same.

Spanish speaking, having a wingman, needing more than 30 decent to great looking chicas to choose from, or knowing someone who has filled you in on all the does and don'ts, all contribute to whether or not a guy is better off skipping Blackbeards.

Before advising someone to leap right in, you might want to throw in a few caveats so that smaller town, shyer, and less experienced guys don't get overwhelmed.

For a newbie who hasn't hobbied much or has never traveled to hobby... Pedro Clisante can be quite a culture shock.

My opinion is that unless the guy is a loner type and has some experience, it's better to risk a little boredom than to have his trip spoiled by not being ready for things.

I got my indoctrination by two very helpful guys, who explained almost everything there was to know before they finally transitioned to Sosua and away from BB's.

I'm one of those guys who, as long as there's some decent talent to be had... I'd rather spend my time in the room than sorting through the crowds in Sosua.

I have no regrets about switching, but wouldn't mind going back to Blackbeards and their fantastic Jacuzzi either.

But... this is only MY 2 cents.
    Oh I agree with you.
    I chose to spend some time at BB's for the reasons that you mentioned. Non-spanish speaking, new to mongering, a little concerned about culture shock of Sosua, etc.

But it turned to not be the best decision for me.

The choice at BB's is definitely limited. You have 10-15 chicas to chose from on any one given shift max. Whereas in Sosua you could easily have 10 times that amount. If none of the chicas tickle your fancy at BB's well...you're sort of out of luck. In Sosua, the chicas just keep rolling in. Just when you think you've made your mind up at Classico's on any given night another dozen roll in. And if you don't like any of those you can head next door to Latino's or another of a number of bars that have available chicas. Then there's Passions, CMP, etc. the choices are endless and you will eventually find what you are looking for. The same cannot be said for BB's. On my one night at BB's I actually went to bed alone ( not exactly what I had envisioned) but of the 10-15 I had to choose from at the disco none really tickled my fancy and if I was thinking about one or two they were already taken (tln).

I will say this about BB's though. I met a great bunch of guys there and they were fun to hang with. I just wish we could have rolled out on Pedro Clisante together instead of a tiny disco with limited choice.

If neillt needs a mentor and is a little laid back or reserved then BB's may be the place for him. If he feels he is ready for the action and culture shock of Sosua (although I personally didn't find it that much of a shock) then Sosua may be the best option for him.

I also enjoyed the vibe and liveliness of the many bars and restaurants in Sosua. It was great to be able to walk into a bar at happy hour and have a couple of beers and meet some people, etc. BB's doesn't offer that option. There is a nice beach in Sosua as well.

Sosua to me just offers many more options and I just wish I hadn't wasted a day and a half of my valuable vacation at BB's.

I hope neillt makes the right choice for him. I'm offering my opinion as a fellow newbie and just informing him of the mistake I made.

19. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Allie1 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by longhairdontcare View Post
    SHIIIIIITTTTT We all were, lmao

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to papirazzi For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I can't wait till you get back from the sandbox.....so we can live it up again!!!!!!!!!
    We have to coordinate on that one!!!

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to papirazzi For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,744 Times in 721 Posts

im so glad my first trip was straight to sosua. I hadnt even found this board at the time but some woman wrote a review on tripadvisor that said she and her husband checked into the new garden and all she noticed was "older men coming in and out with young pretty local women.. you figure it out".. that was all i needed.. i booked my trip.

25. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to voltage69 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,973 Times in 2,414 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by voltage69 View Post
    im so glad my first trip was straight to sosua. I hadnt even found this board at the time but some woman wrote a review on tripadvisor that said she and her husband checked into the new garden and all she noticed was "older men coming in and out with young pretty local women.. you figure it out".. that was all i needed.. i booked my trip.
    That is funny!!!

27. The Following User Says Thank You to LJDMV For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 7,406 Times in 795 Posts

Come on guys. At least he's asking!

Alot of us are lucky that we make enough money to be able to pay our bills and still get to make some trips.......even though I'm not as lucky as eastcoastallstar and danytravl!!!!

I agree with balcoach completely!! Put your trip off a few months and save up. I pennypinch here at home, but when I'm on vacation, spending peso's is never on my mind. I just wanna enjoy myself. And, I want everyone around me to enjoy themselves, so I usually buy a round or three so that they are!!
    You didn't buy a round or three to me to make me happy though!!!!!!
    I am talking about a round or three of chicas obviously, not drinks

29. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to QueGuapo For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by funseeker View Post
    I got my feet wet in the DR with drnights.com
    It was an overpriced service that I would not recommend.

I chose the 2 girl 24 hour companion package with a third girl for two hours each day.
    Hanging with an 18 and a 20 year old holding my arms as I walked around the resort was not my idea of a good time.

I felt completely trapped by the situation ..
    But remember, this was Punta Cana, not exactly a place with too many options.

So, I just tried to have as much fun as possible but would never go that route ever again..

Well, that is not totally exact.
    It's not Sosua, but there is Jazzy, a club with amazing beautiful girls.
    There are also few little bars with some talents inside at a good price.
    You also go to the discos ( there are two or three) where is almost like Classico, plenty of girls to choose from

31. The Following User Says Thank You to QueGuapo For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MrHappy View Post
    Neil, no one has asked yet, so I will.

What is your budget? How many days do you want to get in?

All of us here can make some great suggestions on what to do with your time and money.

It looks like he desappeared

33. The Following User Says Thank You to QueGuapo For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 35,868 Times in 4,610 Posts

I say book at Rockys and follow the countdowns on here. I'm sure you can catch a few guys from ISOC whose days will be during your trip. Just follow the board and when you meet seasoned vets listen to them and you'll have a fund and safe time--guaranteed.

BB's is a great way to start, but not that cheap IMO ($60 a night cheapest room). My first trip was 4 days and I enjoyed the hell out of it. It seemed a little short, but sufficient. You'll think any amount of time is too short your first trip. I just notice that after staying at BB's for 3 days and Sosua for 3 days I banged the same amount of chicas (2-3 day), but spent a lot more money at BB's because I drank a lot out of boredom at times.

35. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to el toro For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 84,377 Times in 13,906 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by danytravel View Post
    It looks like he desappeared
    He's pussywhipped (married)

His wife is probably more computer savvy than he is, and he's scared shitless she'll find out he's on a pussy site and all hell will break loose.

37. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MrHappy For This Useful Post:

Thanks

AI

It is possible to have a great mongering holiday based in an AI. Some of our most experienced guys do it. But they arrive with a "swinging" partner, a phone full of contacts, and probably hire a car and spend a lot of their time doing non-mongering stuff with old friends.
    I don't consider myself that experienced (5 DR trips in 3 years), but I always stay in an AI. If you look for deals you can get Casa Marina for $30/day. Add in a bang room at Rocky's, and you're spending less then NG or TL, with unlimited food and booze. And you have a room to take chicas that doesn't have any of your stuff for her to steal.

Works for me!

Scofflaw~

39. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RickRock For This Useful Post:

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information