Thread: New CLub in POP

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,309 Times in 3,521 Posts

New CLub in POP

I am writing a more current report on the POP scene. It is brief and will be part of my larger report I am putting together.

I have had experiences in El Bohem and Cristals and do not mind paying their higher then the average Puta pricing if I see something I like.

We were staying in Sosua, and rented a room at Blackbeards for the bikini contest, and on our way back around 11pm checked out El Bohem, Enigma and Cristals.

I was told by a member of the board, can't remember his name, but he is expat living in Sosua with tax problems. He told me to check out a new club in POP called Enigma after I had mentioned we would be checking out El Bohem and Cristals.

We went by on Saturday night, and it was the weekend of the Carnival so I am not sure if it was because of the Carnival or if the places truely sucked but the night was horrible on all levels.

I have been to EL Bohem several times, my first time, had one of the best experiences ever, with a girl in 2008. Last trip I went, and it seemed to be a place were amigos could dance with girls to spanish music, but still bang them. I did not participate but shopped some prices, and it was high I do not remember. This time I walked in, and there was only 6 girls in there, no customers, and we left without getting a drink.

I am not sure of the prices, but I am guessing the same as Cristals and El Bohem. Enigma is located on the road by the beach and if you leave from El Bohem and head towards Cristals, or vice versa, you will drive right by it. It has loud music you can hear from the parking lot. We walked in, and it was a huge club, but there was only 2-3 girls. The lighting is similar to El Bohem and Cristals if you know what I mean. We did not have a drink and left figureing Cristals would come through.

We arrive to Cristals, and check it out, they had about 30 girls of all types and plenty of my taste young and flacca and they surrounded us like usual. We stayed for a beer and saw the girl I saw last time that I wanted to take out, but could not find when I decided to leave. But decided to save my leche for Passions or Classicos which I will report about later which was one of my regrets because both places were terrible that night even in Sosua. Passions was almost sold out and only had 10 or so girls left, and I have never seen a sausage fest in Classicos till Saturday night but I really think it was more because of the Carnival then anything. I still got laid, but felt like my selection was small.

I think the DR is a tough scene mongering wise when the Carnival is going on perhaps, but not sure.

Anyway I will be back again, or perhaps somebody else can help with info.

2. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to BorisDaBulletDodger For This Useful Post:

3. # ADS
    Our Supporters Support our advertisers!

Thanks
    Thanked 35,868 Times in 4,610 Posts

Re: New CLub in POP

Thanks for the info. I'd like to know also if Carnival changes the dudes vs. chicas ratio from some that know as well.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to el toro For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 47,842 Times in 8,288 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BorisDaBulletDodger View Post
    He told me to check out a new club in POP called Enigma.
    Hardly new. It's being going for the last four years that I know of and possibly longer than that. It's had very brief spells when worth a look in but usually deadly dull (and expensive too). Moved from Avenida Manolo T Justo to the Malecón last summer but no improvement.

[El Bohen] seemed to be a place were amigos could dance with girls to spanish music
    WTF do you mean by Spanish music? Julio Iglesias?

we left [El Bohen] without getting a drink.
    Your bank manager will be pleased with that. Most expensive drinks on the North Coast?

I think the DR is a tough scene mongering-wise when the Carnival is going on.
    You could be right as far as P4P is concerned but I was walking along the Malecón in Puerto Plata and shopping in La Sirena on Sunday and I have never seen so many good looking young dominicanas. Not much use to me because I was with my Haitian girlfriend. To be fair the actual occasion was the Independence Day Parade (so no other haitianas about) rather than Carnival but it's all one big party for the locals and tends to get merged in.

7. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to weyland For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 7,762 Times in 1,628 Posts

I am writing a more current report on the POP scene. It is brief and will be part of my larger report I am putting together.

I have had experiences in El Bohem and Cristals and do not mind paying their higher then the average Puta pricing if I see something I like.

We were staying in Sosua, and rented a room at Blackbeards for the bikini contest, and on our way back around 11pm checked out El Bohem, Enigma and Cristals.

I was told by a member of the board, can't remember his name, but he is expat living in Sosua with tax problems. He told me to check out a new club in POP called Enigma after I had mentioned we would be checking out El Bohem and Cristals.

We went by on Saturday night, and it was the weekend of the Carnival so I am not sure if it was because of the Carnival or if the places truely sucked but the night was horrible on all levels.

I have been to EL Bohem several times, my first time, had one of the best experiences ever, with a girl in 2008. Last trip I went, and it seemed to be a place were amigos could dance with girls to spanish music, but still bang them. I did not participate but shopped some prices, and it was high I do not remember. This time I walked in, and there was only 6 girls in there, no customers, and we left without getting a drink.

I am not sure of the prices, but I am guessing the same as Cristals and El Bohem. Enigma is located on the road by the beach and if you leave from El Bohem and head towards Cristals, or vice versa, you will drive right by it. It has loud music you can hear from the parking lot. We walked in, and it was a huge club, but there was only 2-3 girls. The lighting is similar to El Bohem and Cristals if you know what I mean. We did not have a drink and left figureing Cristals would come through.

We arrive to Cristals, and check it out, they had about 30 girls of all types and plenty of my taste young and flacca and they surrounded us like usual. We stayed for a beer and saw the girl I saw last time that I wanted to take out, but could not find when I decided to leave. But decided to save my leche for Passions or Classicos which I will report about later which was one of my regrets because both places were terrible that night even in Sosua. Passions was almost sold out and only had 10 or so girls left, and I have never seen a sausage fest in Classicos till Saturday night but I really think it was more because of the Carnival then anything. I still got laid, but felt like my selection was small.

I think the DR is a tough scene mongering wise when the Carnival is going on perhaps, but not sure.

Anyway I will be back again, or perhaps somebody else can help with info.
    I defintely plan to go Cristal on my upcoming trip.

I want to get stampeded by 30 chicas!

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DASBOOTY For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 6,553 Times in 1,889 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DASBOOTY View Post

Man I love that place. lol
    "The Royal Penis is Clean Your Majesty"

"No cushion for the pushin, no peso for the queso"

11. The Following User Says Thank You to princepointe For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,309 Times in 3,521 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by weyland View Post
    Hardly new. It's being going for the last four years that I know of and possibly longer than that. It's had very brief spells when worth a look in but usually deadly dull (and expensive too). Moved from Avenida Manolo T Justo to the Malecón last summer but no improvement.
    Is there any other clubs besides the ones I mentioned in Puerto Plata?

I don't know how else to explain that wierd experinece, It was like a strip club and Prom dance part in a latin american country. I'm guessing the guys pay to dance with the girls.

Your bank manager will be pleased with that. Most expensive drinks on the North Coast?

I don't remember exactly, but do remember it was high enough to drink slowly.

La Sirena

Is that the mall on the same road?
    Last edited by Dick Dawson; 03-01-2011 at 11:21 PM. Reason: fixed quote

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BorisDaBulletDodger For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,526 Times in 648 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DASBOOTY View Post

15. The Following User Says Thank You to FritoBandito For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 7,762 Times in 1,628 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FritoBandito View Post

17. The Following User Says Thank You to DASBOOTY For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 22,235 Times in 2,615 Posts

Is there any other clubs besides the ones I mentioned in Puerto Plata?

I don't know how else to explain that wierd experinece, It was like a strip club and Prom dance part in a latin american country. I'm guessing the guys pay to dance with the girls.

I don't remember exactly, but do remember it was high enough to drink slowly.

La Sirena

Is that the mall on the same road?
    La Sirena is a large supermarket located along the main coastal road in Puerto Plata...towards the other end of the road from Crystals toward the fort. It's the best and largest supermarket in the North Coast.

19. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jose1234 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 12,418 Times in 1,349 Posts

Weyland took me to Enigma once - 25 sympathetic chicas - ha ha - they were just pathetic!

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thunderstar For This Useful Post:

Thread Information