Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Where do I start?

Thanks

two more things...

two more things...

1) maybe this thread should be renamed from "Where do i start" to "What did I start?"

2) isn't anyone ever gonna comment on my avatar? I'm kinda proud of it. Recognize it from the "pay to pee" restrooms at Sosua beach? (speaking of hijacking...)

macmasher out

Thanks

Re: in Herbf's defense

Quote Originally Posted by macmasher
    I know (not personally) Herbf through his posting in another monger board specific to Costa Rica (CRT). I suspect that his experience THERE was his point of reference for his remarks HERE.

The "culture" of this board is entirely different than that of CRT. CRT is heavily moderated, and members are regularly "corrected" for hijacking threads.

At ISOC, the "culture" is MUCH more free-wheeling... and you're as likely to read about rum in a car rental thread as you are to read about car rentals. Not so on CRT.

So I suggest he be cut a break by the "regulars" here. And to herbf, I suggest adapting to the ISOC culture... cuz it's unlikely to change.

And as they might say in Costa Rica... "pura vida."

And as Rodney King once said, "can't we all just get along?".

macmasher out
    Macmasher, will do. Yes it is true that I have become comfortable with the rules at CRT. I ruffled a few feathers on this board and continued to do so for the fun of it. It is amazing how some members here can get so pissed off at me because I have a different view. I will continue to use this board for what information I can obtain. I paid to become a member just like everyone else and I am going to voice my opinion regardless of what others may think.

Pura Vida!

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,106 Times in 4,436 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by herbf
    I know (not personally) Herbf through his posting in another monger board specific to Costa Rica (CRT). I suspect that his experience THERE was his point of reference for his remarks HERE.

The "culture" of this board is entirely different than that of CRT. CRT is heavily moderated, and members are regularly "corrected" for hijacking threads.

At ISOC, the "culture" is MUCH more free-wheeling... and you're as likely to read about rum in a car rental thread as you are to read about car rentals. Not so on CRT.

So I suggest he be cut a break by the "regulars" here. And to herbf, I suggest adapting to the ISOC culture... cuz it's unlikely to change.

macmasher out
    Macmasher, will do. Yes it is true that I have become comfortable with the rules at CRT. I ruffled a few feathers on this board and continued to do so for the fun of it. It is amazing how some members here can get so pissed off at me because I have a different view. I will continue to use this board for what information I can obtain. I paid to become a member just like everyone else and I am going to voice my opinion regardless of what others may think.

Pura Vida!
    Nice attitude. As they say "what goes around..." I'm sure you would get much more useful info if you had any respect and decency at all. My guess is you'll eaither learn to get along or leave. I'll be happy either way.
    When you can think of yesterday without regret and tomorrow without fear, you are near contentment.
    Your opinions are not my problem...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Apostropheman

macmasher out

Pura Vida!
    Nice attitude. As they say "what goes around..." I'm sure you would get much more useful info if you had any respect and decency at all. My guess is you'll eaither learn to get along or leave. I'll be happy either way.
    I agree with herb. If he paid his $$$, he can say anything he damn well pleases.

Of course, actions and words have consequences.

How 'bout we grit our teeth, cut him some slack THIS time, and let him settle in a little. You never know. He might like it here, and become a stand-up contributor as many here have.

It's his choice, really. He can choose to say the same thing in a positive or negative manner.

He can decide to be a good guy, loved by all, or a pariah.

Balls in his court.

Thanks
    Thanked 46,708 Times in 7,069 Posts
    Well Mr. Herbf, If you paid... I didnt know we were a pay site right now but it goes back and forth... You can say what you like... to a certain extent.. If it goes beyond our rules then you are no longer able to access this site... Whether you paid or not... So far only 2 guys were booted... One for being a rat (ratted to his WU novia) and ratted on B of D members... and the 2nd guy for talking about underage women... Those are not tollerated along with serious flaming of other members and B of D members (moderators)... You are usually given warnings through PM's if you break a rule... But as i understand your viewpoint on the way things get off topic here.. Like we said when you first made your comment, "this is how we do things here and we like it" It's our board and you are included in "our" but like RD said noone is pointing a gun at your head to stay... If you contribute after your trip or maybe give us a little information about your other mongering experiences maybe some guys would take it a little easier on you after you ask a question that can be researched... I have said it over and over again... The more you put into this board the more you get out of it....

I have met numerous lifetime friends here... Although i only see most of them in the DR i spend boring nights on here and talk with different guys... I have met a lot of likeminded people and have had great times... Its all an opportunity for everyone here... Spelling, correct english, and all the other rules you have on other boards we really do give a shit about... This isnt school, its meant to be fun!

Lets try and start over.. Now that i am calm, Welcome to the board Herbf! :grin:
    Brooklyn Beas - Mi Tesoro Medellin Part 5 - Green Section with uncensored Videos and Pictures
    http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/showthread.php?429038-04-14-(4-18-5-5)-Mi-Tesoro-Beas-in-Meddy-Part5

Beas in Meddy, just a daily progress report
    http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/showthread.php?428980-04-2014-Beas-in-Meddy-just-a-daily-progress-report

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBeas
    Lets try and start over.. Now that i am calm, Welcome to the board Herbf! :grin:
    That is fine with me. I don't hate this board, it just takes some time to get used to the way things are done here. A handshake and it is all over. :grin: I don't kiss men to make up. But than again, is you cute? Just joking, give me some pink as long as it don't stink.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBeas
    That is fine with me. I don't hate this board, it just takes some time to get used to the way things are done here. A handshake and it is all over. :grin: I don't kiss men to make up. But than again, is you cute? Just joking, give me some pink as long as it don't stink.
    Yes im cute but no im not interested... Its not you, im just not gay! hahaha

Thanks

?

This is interesting.
    MISTER NYC © 2006

Thanks
    Beas,

One more thing. You guys had ever right about booting the rat. I read that thread. Actually you gentlemen were very kind as I probably would have kicked his you know what. The child poster, I don't remember reading that post but he deserved a lot more!

Thanks
    Beas,

One more thing. You guys had ever right about booting the rat. I read that thread. Actually you gentlemen were very kind as I probably would have kicked his you know what. The child poster, I don't remember reading that post but he deserved a lot more!
    Im sure some guys here have future plans for the rat... As for the guy talking about kids i agree there is no excuse for that and no warning is given... Totally against that shit as everyone should be!

Thanks
    It's the start over..Welcome to our extemporanious little forum herbf! This place is quite different from CRT. Take a minute to post about your experiences in the "Other Countries " section..we all would appreciate that, and do search abit. This is a huge site..prolly bigger than CRT, so it takes a while to get what you want to know in the search mode. But it is there.

And, don't forget, english may often be a second or third language for posters here, especially El Drunko, so a little forgiveness in spelling might be warranted. :P

Thanks
    Thanked 3,215 Times in 1,303 Posts
    WHAT AN ASSHOLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AND THAT'S POST NUMBER 700!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Chicas....."Don't walk around like yo shit don't stink cause I'm DEPUTY DAWG I'll put yo booty in the KLINK!!!!!!"

GO STEELERS!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DEPUTY DAWG

CONGRATS TO YOU ..i think... although maybe not all of us are on board with the idea quite yet ops:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by RearWindow

CONGRATS TO YOU ..i think...

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,829 Times in 2,435 Posts

Post slut!!!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramesses

Post slut!!!
    HEEEEEEEEEEY I resemble that comment

Thanks

Re: New to Board needs info

Quote Originally Posted by bandera
    Congrats on the Piston's win last night closing the deal on Philly. Could it be a Miami v. Detroit contest?

Thanks for all the good information I have found on this board. Any other info & insight would be appreciated along with info on anyone else being in Hispanola in late may or early June that may be looking for a bilingual wingman.
    La Bandera
    As usual I'm getting off topic but................REMEMBER WE'RE ........
    BTW you should try to come the end of june/july We always can use a good bilingual(damn good word) wingman!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!They get bonus blowjobs for their efforts

Thanks
    Deputy Dawg, Sorry but I think it is going to be the Miami versus Duncan and crew. I would love to see Mourning get a ring. He has gone thru so much and keeps fighting back. The Pistons were my favorites last year. Shaq is tough to beat. He is a one man team just like Jordan used to be. The Spurs are a fine tuned instrument. On the side I got my fingers crossed for the Pistons, they got all the bad boys!

Ooops did I get off topic? Guess I am learning how to be an ISOCer.

Thanks
    Miami-Phoenix... Thats my final

Thanks
    BrooklynBeas,
    As I have known you for over 15 years, would u be going alittle overboard by saying you have met "numerous lifetime friends" on this board? I don't post often, as I have not been to DR in almost a year, but I had to speak out on this one. Would you really consider the guys you chat online with and post about different topics, "lifetime friends?"

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information