Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: 04/2011 - SOSUA...From the POV of a Ex-Coach!

Thanks
    Thanked 9,575 Times in 1,140 Posts

04/2011 - SOSUA...From the POV of a Ex-Coach!

I figured now that I have been here a good while now, I should start my thread of updates and information which may help and be available for those who choose to try to figure some things out here in Sosua.

Let me start with some background....
    I am an ex collegiate football coach and have decided to make Sosua my home and if the right business opportunity might arise to occupy my time, I might indulge.

About myself, I do know a few of the fellows that frequent here on the board and as they know, I am a self-proclaimed ASSHOLE. I know this, so albeit, it is what it is! For those that know me, I hang out from time to time, but I do like to ride solo more often than not, no offense to anyone, just personal preference.

Remember those words...PERSONAL PREFERENCE. As a long time vet here on the North coast, That will and always be my first and foremost bit of advice. Do what makes you happy. Spend what you feel something is worth. Right, wrong, or indifferenet, its your Shit!!! Wipe the way you want to!!!

With that being said... Good evening gentleman!!
    I am always open to any questions or comments you might have. If I don't have the answer, I will collaborate with Dr. Bob, and request he use his magic elixer to solve your question.

2. # ADS
    Our Supporters Support our advertisers!

Thanks

Re: SOSUA...From the POV of a Ex-Coach!

UPDATE: El Batey, Sosua.
    Back close to the intersection of Pedro Clisante and Alejo Martinez a new cabana has opened. "SECRETOS DULCE" (sweet secrets).

I need to stop by and check it out, and get some details for the fellows here. These sort of locales can always be use when the situation arises!

++++++
    Fellow's I am staying a in central El Batey location. I have a studio apartment in Condos Dominicano and for me, it suits me great. They clean and do the linens every three days, the grounds are very nice and tranquil, have a very nice pool, otherwise known as my OFFICE.
    If anyone needs info on this spot, hit me up. Is well withing walking distace of anything you need here in Sosua. And is guest friendly with a cedula and a laid back attitude. (www.condosdominicano.com)

Thanks
    Thanked 164,725 Times in 30,459 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by balcoach View Post
    , I might indulge.
    1) I am a self-proclaimed ASSHOLE. I know this, so albeit, it is what it is!
    2) Do what makes you happy. Spend what you feel something is worth. Right, wrong, or indifferenet, its your Shit!!! Wipe the way you want to!
    1) same here

2)
    my sentiments exactly

3) live for today as you are a long time dead and no matter how much money you have at death it means nothing
    you only live once, but if you live it right once is enough

5. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to whynotme For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by whynotme View Post
    3) live for today as you are a long time dead and no matter how much money you have at death it means nothing

LIVE FOR TODAY, YOU MIGHT GET HIT BY A MOTOCONCHO TOMMORROW!!!

7. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to balcoach For This Useful Post:

Thanks

A view of the place I call home for now. Have had the pleasure of many comrades here. Hoseman, Shredder, Don....., Ryatt, Get Rhythym, and others I suspect.

Thanks
    Thanked 164,725 Times in 30,459 Posts

nice "office"

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to whynotme For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,752 Times in 931 Posts

A view of the place I call home for now. Have had the pleasure of many comrades here. Hoseman, Shredder, Don....., Ryatt, Get Rhythym, and others I suspect.

Click to see pic
    Another place I REALLY like, but getting a apt here may be hard as they book fast!

12. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to papirazzi For This Useful Post:

Thanks

After a couple of month's being here making runs to POP and other locations using rental cars and etc. I broke down and bought one of the finer vehichles here on the north coast.

This piece of shit runs like hell and is ugly enough no one wants to fuck with it at all. Dr. BoB made an approval of the purchase, so I pulled the trigger and have been happy with my purchase.

Within the first week of having the aforementioned buggy, aka MARIPOSA, 3 or 4 people asked me if i would like to sell it, so I feel good that i can get my money back if the time comes.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,936 Times in 6,484 Posts

Congrats, Coach glad to see you enjoying life...

15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to hugrad95a For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,209 Times in 2,195 Posts

Coach I am sorry that you not at the school anymore but am glad that you are doing what is making you happy. I appreciate all your reporting as I know so does the rest of the guys here. I look forward to staying in touch and seeing you when I get there.
    MG
    I'm back... Heading Back To Green #TurnUpTime

17. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to givengo440 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 7,115 Times in 1,244 Posts

Congrats Coach -- you are my idol!! I'm still a coach as I type, but we are ALL hired to be Fired; so I may be in your shoes next season!! Please keep posting up, I love your take and envy your spot -- while I sit here and battle the BS!!
    Beach Whore...looking for MORE!!

19. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to runmemphis For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 83,174 Times in 8,333 Posts

After a couple of month's being here making runs to POP and other locations using rental cars and etc. I broke down and bought one of the finer vehichles here on the north coast.

Click to see pic

This piece of shit runs like hell and is ugly enough no one wants to fuck with it at all. Dr. BoB made an approval of the purchase, so I pulled the trigger and have been happy with my purchase.

Within the first week of having the aforementioned buggy, aka MARIPOSA, 3 or 4 people asked me if i would like to sell it, so I feel good that i can get my money back if the time comes.
    Dr. Bob, that would be me, knows nothing about cars except where to put the gas in. Glad you took my advice. If you need advice about brain surgery I am equally knowlegable in that area.

21. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Seville For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Yeah coach good car it ran when I rode in it and I like the Dry wll screw door latch. You are right about no one messing with it.\\
    And Robert12345 about that brain surgery, I should have my head examined for ever leaving last week I am in a very serious state of DR withdrawl and quickly losing it here. I am returning very soon. Permanently.

23. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to fishhunter For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fishhunter View Post
    Yeah coach good car it ran when I rode in it and I like the Dry wll screw door latch. You are right about no one messing with it.\\
    And Robert12345 about that brain surgery, I should have my head examined for ever leaving last week I am in a very serious state of DR withdrawl and quickly losing it here. I am returning very soon. Permanently.
    What happened to your last amiga? The Haitiana? Looking forward to your return.

25. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Seville For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 10,453 Times in 2,070 Posts

its your Shit!!! Wipe the way you want to!!!
    That's beautiful, man [TC wipes a tear from his eye]

27. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to TC For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 4,555 Times in 660 Posts

Very good thread! I like the journal-type threads that tell it like it is, especially the daily life of living in the DR generally and Sosua specifically. What type of unit at Condos Dominicano do you have? Do you have a longer-term lease or a month-by-month lease? The one-bedrooms look perfect for a pleasant longer-term stay and the two-bedrooms would be nice if you were planning a permanent stay.

I always rent a car when I am there because I like the freedom to travel around. Since I don't drink, that allows me to give my full attention to the road where everyone else is drinking! Your location in central El Batey makes owning/renting a car an option. If I can get out and about, I never feel as cramped. For example, I'd rather have a one-bedroom apartment and some transportation than a two-bedroom and no transportation.

Keep up a great new thread additon. I look forward to reading and learning from a professional former coach who still has the gift to mentor others.

29. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to sonrisa For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sonrisa View Post
    Very good thread! I like the journal-type threads that tell it like it is, especially the daily life of living in the DR generally and Sosua specifically. What type of unit at Condos Dominicano do you have? Do you have a longer-term lease or a month-by-month lease? The one-bedrooms look perfect for a pleasant longer-term stay and the two-bedrooms would be nice if you were planning a permanent stay.

I always rent a car when I am there because I like the freedom to travel around. Since I don't drink, that allows me to give my full attention to the road where everyone else is drinking! Your location in central El Batey makes owning/renting a car an option. If I can get out and about, I never feel as cramped. For example, I'd rather have a one-bedroom apartment and some transportation than a two-bedroom and no transportation.

Keep up a great new thread additon. I look forward to reading and learning from a professional former coach who still has the gift to mentor others.
    It would seem to me that if he did, indeed, still have that particular gift he would not be an ex-coach. Just saying, that's all.

31. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Seville For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Robert13212 View Post
    It would seem to me that if he did, indeed, still have that particular gift he would not be an ex-coach. Just saying, that's all.
    Some bad personnel decisions can get just about anyone fired!!!! It is what it is.

33. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to balcoach For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 22,235 Times in 2,615 Posts

Some bad personnel decisions can get just about anyone fired!!!! It is what it is.
    I think you came to the right place... Not a lot of consequences here for good or bad decisions if your just renting your place here... Just don't hit anyone with the car or impregnate a local and whatever drama you encounter will likely pass in a day or a few days...just a ripple in the water... It's your time to heal and live back to feeling solid about yourself and life in general...no stress except a slightly long wait for your food...LOL

Wishing you all the best!!!

35. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to jose1234 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 51,253 Times in 7,381 Posts

Glad to see you're sticking around balcoach. Look forward to hopefully having a beer or two when I'm down. I would guess that not much work gets done in your "office"?

Maybe you could gather some of the local kids together and teach them a little bit of America's greatest game. How to attack a zone, how to read the defensive end on an option, how to throw the ball to the receiver's outside shoulder on a fade route so only he can catch it, how to pick up a blitz, how to......aw hell, just chill out and have a cold one on the beach.

37. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Mr. Smooth For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information