Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 613141516

Thread: 04/2011 - Ex Pats That Fall

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 87,562 Times in 8,809 Posts

Re: 04/2011 - Ex Pats That Fall

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
    You would think Cam would of burned out by now. But he keeps going and going and going. The energizer bunny.....
    I have had a few malfunctions recently. It's like lil Camaro goes on strike and won't always work when I want him to...maybe he needs a raise...

2. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to camaro1257 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 47,842 Times in 8,288 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by yayow View Post
    Is luz a major problem in Puerto Plata?
    Not where I live, but we may be on the same circuit as the Bayardo area where so many local bigwigs live, and they would not tolerate power outages. I have an invertor and when the batteries died a few years back agonized over replacing them, but only now, writing this, it occurs to me that I have not even thought about the matter for a couple of years. Generally there has been a big improvement, even in the poor areas like Barrio Haiti. In the original school the lights were out half the time, but by the time we closed down, four years later, outages were relatively infrequent.

4. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to weyland For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 261,363 Times in 78,282 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by camaro1257 View Post
    I have gone as many as four days straight without any toto the I start getting withdrawals ...yeah I know I have issues...lol!
    I know guys that go decades.

You want access to trip reports?

Google Wallet

JDRent97@gmail.com

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jimmydr For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ROVER View Post
    A retiree posted in a Colombian forum this week asking expats their opinion what his situation would be in Colombia on a U.S. $2,000 / month income.

One expat responded then several others chimed in agreeing that, that amount would make him solid middle class in Colombia.

I just found that statement absolutely LIBERATING !
    Its true.

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jimmydr For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 62,154 Times in 9,135 Posts

word of caution

To me there is a cautionary tale, this is a mongers forum not an ex-pat forum, so we tend to talk about mongering things. What Camaro does, what I do, those things are not the norm. Actually for most ex-pats our particular lifestyles, are anything but the norm. Most of the ex-pats if not all except for Camaro live their lives very normal as far as women go, most have a wife or significant other, that they spend the majority of their time with, especially sexually. Having said that, they may have an amante on the side, or go to a casa de citas (or a whore house) on occasion. But doing what we do; is totally out of the ordinary, and that should be understood.

I shouldn't speak for Cam, but based on his almost daily journal, it is fair to discuss it on this board cause he puts it out there. We are two of the few if not only ex-pats that I know and I know quite a few, that have a lifestyle similar to what a monger would have while vacationing in a monger location. It is just not normal, even for the guys that I know who live here half the year. They all have girlfriends while living here, which keep their costs down, and a few may have something on the side, most don't even do that, as they are satisfied and happy with the young thing they have here, which they know they couldn't be with anything like her, back where they come from.

Even I tried to be with a girlfriend, and kind of did for awhile, almost a year but it is hard to do and I am sad for that because I had a wonderful beautiful young lady, but my mind set, the way I am wired wouldn't allow me to appreciate her and that lifestyle. It is actually a little sad, at least for me, but it is what it is. It is hard being on a forum like this settling down with just one, not to mention, many of the people you associate with are mongers from this board, so when you are with them, you tend to do what they do, which is mongering. I tend to do normal things with my life, golf for example, plus family things, because I realize it is not normal to live a monger lifestyle, and live normally. That lifestyle really should be reserved for a monger vacation, in my opinion. Because the two things really don't go together.

This is just my opinion.
    Why should I limit myself to only one woman when I can have as many women as I want?
    George Gershwin

Thanks
    Thanked 62,154 Times in 9,135 Posts

Actually even the putas grow up and slow down, of course most of them slow down cause their looks have faded, and they can't continue to make a viable living doing what they do, that is why the smart ones either settle down with a guy while they still can, or put the money they earned into a home or a business.

Being guys of course we don't have to worry about our looks fading, as long as our dollars don't fade we can continue to do what we do.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by yayow View Post
    Actually even the putas grow up and slow down, of course most of them slow down cause their looks have faded, and they can't continue to make a viable living doing what they do, that is why the smart ones either settle down with a guy while they still can, or put the money they earned into a home or a business.

Being guys of course we don't have to worry about our looks fading, as long as our dollars don't fade we can continue to do what we do.
    Never had any looks

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jimmydr For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by el toro View Post
    What's up fellas,

Every time I go to Sosua now I see an ex-pat that seems nearly homeless now. When I first met him hanging out at NG he seemed to be doing well for himself and that he had an online hustle that was allowing him to live well there.

Some guys move to DR or other countries to enjoy the good life on comfortable pensions or reasonable cash reserves. Some relocate with business plans that don't always work out, or without a real plan, help the wrong people, get suckered for their stash or for whatever reason end up down and out and broke.

Some don't want to go home because they don't want to return to the US feeling like a failure embarrassed.

Do you know any ex-pats like this? Do you throw a few pesos their direction when visiting or sasy fuck em they CAN move back or have family somewhere or should've never moved without better plans, and are better off than most locales?

Always will be.

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 613141516

Thread Information